|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Weiner compares the finches' hunt for seeds to which human food?
2. How many plants grew in Darwin's cup of dirt?
3. Cactus finches build their nest to protect themselves from which animal?
4. In what year did the Grants' team first notice the finches' hybrid breeding?
5. At what university did Lisle Gibbs study?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Darwin react to the finches while he was in the Galapagos and later while he was in England?
2. Describe the typical method of arrival on Daphne Major.
3. Describe the appearance of Daphne Major after it stopped raining in Chapter 7.
4. Describe the Grants' filing system at Princeton.
5. Compare and contrast the Grants' tools on Daphne Major and their tools at Princeton.
6. Summarize Endler's guppy experiments.
7. Compare the beaks of Jamie Smith's sparrows with the beaks of the finches.
8. Describe what Peter Boag and Laurene Ratcliffe did on Daphne Major while waiting for rain.
9. Under what circumstances do finches drink nectar?
10. Describe the view from the peak of Daphne Major.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the significance of the watch and the watchmaker in Darwin's mental development and in the development of evolutionary thought.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the significance of Darwin's Sandwalk as a symbol in the book.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the theme of the importance of tiny measurements, including examples from the text in your explication.
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)