Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who devised the idea of "adaptive landscapes"?
2. Who has deeply studied the history of studying evolution in the Galapagos Islands?
3. What type of bird suffered on Genovesa during the rains of 1982-83?
4. How many times did Number 3425 breed in 1983?
5. What part of the finch is the tarsus?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Biston betularia changed color and why it is changing back.
2. Explain Weiner's assertion that "taxonomists can be classified into splitters and lumpers."
3. Explain the significance of the Tribulus seed for Darwin's finches.
4. Describe the Grants' filing system at Princeton.
5. Why did Trevor Price wait so impatiently for rain, and how did he respond when it continued not to come?
6. Summarize Gayle Davies' experience with the finches.
7. Describe some of the unusual finch behaviors during the drought.
8. Summarize Endler's guppy experiments.
9. Choose one example from the text regarding how humans affect other species, and explain it.
10. Of what significance is Darwin's Sandwalk to science?
Discuss the difference between the fossil record and real-time observations as concerns tracing the path of evolution.
Discuss the significance of human consciousness in current evolutionary studies.
Describe the personality and work of Rosemary Grant, and compare and contrast her with another person in the book.
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)