|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did it take flies to develop resistance to the "resistance-proof" pesticides introduced in 1967?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 3 months.
(d) 18 months.
2. What animal does Scott Carroll study?
(a) The English bulldog.
(b) The soapberry bug.
(c) The tsetse fly.
(d) The water buffalo.
3. When did the ancestors of humans start to walk?
(a) 8000 years ago.
(b) 200,000 years ago.
(c) 6-7 million years ago.
(d) 40 million years ago.
4. What is the name of the Charles Darwin Research Station's journal?
(a) Imprimatur Evolutionii.
(b) Noticias de Galapagos.
(c) Noticias del Mar.
(d) Darwin Daily.
5. How many E. coli bacteria can grow from one bacterium within eight hours?
(a) 20 million.
(d) 10 million.
Short Answer Questions
1. On which island do humans not normally live?
2. Where did Darwin pick up the second volume of Principles of Geology?
3. What does the Latin word "reticulum" mean?
4. How many people carry the bacteria that causes tuberculosis?
5. According to Ernst Mayr, what animal has "specialized in despecialization"?
This section contains 165 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)