|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote the article on global warming that is discussed in Chapter 18?
(a) Andrew Bakun.
(b) John Endler.
(c) Trevor Price.
(d) Phillip Gingerich.
2. What is the painting called that Henry Stacy Marks created?
(a) The Birdwatcher's Evening.
(b) Science Is Measurement.
(d) Experiments in Ornithology.
3. What plant did the botanist Edgar Anderson study in the Ozarks?
(b) Creeping phlox.
4. What does an old woman in Puerto Ayora eat to avenge herself against the finches?
(a) Rotisserie finch.
(b) Cacabus seeds.
(c) Finch soup.
(d) Tribulus seeds.
5. Who wrote the book The Blind Watchmaker?
(a) Rob Bell.
(b) Thomas Aquinas.
(c) Mark Powell.
(d) Richard Dawkins.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of computer does Rosemary use?
2. As mentioned in Chapter 16, Darwin states that which bird landed on his water pitcher?
3. What is the name of the librarian of the Charles Darwin Research Station?
4. From where does Martin Taylor collect his moth specimens?
5. Which plant has dominated Daphne Major since the flood?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Dolph Schluter's experiment in British Columbia.
2. Describe how Biston betularia changed color and why it is changing back.
3. What is the significance of Darwin's spelling errors for modern science?
4. Describe what Martin Taylor does with the moth samples he receives.
5. Describe the place in which the Grants keep finch blood samples.
6. Answer Weiner's question, "Why are there so many kinds of animals?"
7. Choose one example from the text regarding how humans affect other species, and explain it.
8. What is the significance of the finch's songs? Explain in detail.
9. Explain the Drosophila experiment and its significance.
10. Summarize Gayle Davies' experience with the finches.
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)