|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who appears in Chapter 15 separating DNA in plastic bags?
(a) Dolph Schluter.
(b) Peter Boag.
(c) Trevor Price.
(d) Peter Grant.
2. What does an old woman in Puerto Ayora eat to avenge herself against the finches?
(a) Finch soup.
(b) Tribulus seeds.
(c) Cacabus seeds.
(d) Rotisserie finch.
3. What color was the moth Biston betularia in the early 1800s?
(b) Bluish green.
4. What book is quoted at the beginning of Chapter 15?
(d) The Iliad.
5. What type of bird is the Crossbill?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the illustration in The Origin of Species depict?
2. In chapter 16, Weiner compares evolutionists to characters in which classic story?
3. Which plant has dominated Daphne Major since the flood?
4. What animal does Scott Carroll study?
5. How many species of finch are there in Hawaii?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Biston betularia changed color and why it is changing back.
2. Answer Weiner's question, "Why are there so many kinds of animals?"
3. Summarize Gayle Davies' experience with the finches.
4. Describe what Martin Taylor does with the moth samples he receives.
5. What is the significance of Darwin's spelling errors for modern science?
6. What did Lewontin and Birch discover about the Dacus tryoni?
7. Describe Dolph Schluter's experiment in British Columbia.
8. Choose one example from the text regarding how humans affect other species, and explain it.
9. Describe the place in which the Grants keep finch blood samples.
10. Explain the humor that the Grants find in the painting Science Is Measurement.
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)