|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many E. coli bacteria can grow from one bacterium within eight hours?
(b) 20 million.
(d) 10 million.
2. How long did it take flies to develop resistance to the "resistance-proof" pesticides introduced in 1967?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 18 months.
(d) 3 months.
3. How many people carry the bacteria that causes tuberculosis?
(a) 1 in 6.
(b) 1 in 4.
(c) 1 in 9.
(d) 1 in 3.
4. In what month do cacti on Daphne Major start to bloom?
5. What do Crossbills eat?
(b) The seeds in pinecones.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who made the statement about Cleopatra's nose that is quoted in Chapter 11?
2. How many species of finch are there in Hawaii?
3. What do the Grants keep in the freezer in the "sub-subbasement'?
4. Where did Darwin pick up the second volume of Principles of Geology?
5. What does an old woman in Puerto Ayora eat to avenge herself against the finches?
This section contains 158 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)