|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of computer does Rosemary use?
(c) Hewlett Packard.
2. How many E. coli bacteria can grow from one bacterium within eight hours?
(a) 20 million.
(b) 10 million.
3. What is the painting called that Henry Stacy Marks created?
(a) Science Is Measurement.
(b) Experiments in Ornithology.
(c) The Birdwatcher's Evening.
4. Weiner states in Chapter 14 that the finches are like which work of art?
(a) Michelangelo's Prisoners.
5. Who draws a chart at the end of Chapter 14?
(a) Trevor Price.
(b) Peter Boag and Laurene Ratcliffe.
(c) Martin Taylor.
(d) Peter and Rosemary.
Short Answer Questions
1. Approximately how many species of birds are there in the world?
2. What does the Latin word "specere" mean?
3. From where does Martin Taylor collect his moth specimens?
4. What does the Latin word "reticulum" mean?
5. What do Crossbills eat?
Short Essay Questions
1. Summarize Weiner's hypothesis on the physical aspect of human consciousness.
2. Describe what Martin Taylor does with the moth samples he receives.
3. Explain the Drosophila experiment and its significance.
4. Describe the two shorelines that Weiner discusses in Chapter 11.
5. Describe Dolph Schluter's experiment in British Columbia.
6. Explain how ocean currents affect the Galapagos Islands.
7. Explain how bacteria build up resistance to antibiotics.
8. What is the significance of the finch's songs? Explain in detail.
9. Describe the act of "speciation" in the haw flies.
10. Describe how Biston betularia changed color and why it is changing back.
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)