|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which scientist is mentioned in Chapter 14 as strongly advocating the need for measurement in science?
(a) Marie Curie.
(b) Lord Kelvin.
(c) Louis Pasteur.
(d) Blaise Pascal.
2. What do Crossbills eat?
(c) The seeds in pinecones.
3. Whom did Darwin commission to breed unusual combinations of pigeons?
(a) Lord Byron.
(b) Arthur Conan Doyle.
(c) John Sewall.
(d) Sir John Sebright.
4. In the first paragraph of Chapter 11, Darwin is discussing the hybridization of which animal?
5. In what month do cacti on Daphne Major start to bloom?
Short Answer Questions
1. What color was the moth Biston betularia in the early 1800s?
2. Where did Darwin find the finch Magnirostris magnirostris?
3. Which animal did Lewontin and Birch study?
4. What do the Grants keep in the freezer in the "sub-subbasement'?
5. What type of computer does Rosemary use?
This section contains 160 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)