|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Darwin pick up the second volume of Principles of Geology?
(b) Buenos Aires.
2. What is the painting called that Henry Stacy Marks created?
(a) Experiments in Ornithology.
(b) Science Is Measurement.
(d) The Birdwatcher's Evening.
3. As witnessed by Hermon Carey Bumpus, which birds died en masse after a blizzard?
(a) English sparrows.
4. How many times has the environment changed as rapidly as in the 20th century?
5. How many species of finch are there in Hawaii?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Grants keep in the freezer in the "sub-subbasement'?
2. Who is studying the Sticklebacks?
3. Which Greek philosopher is quoted at the end of Chapter 13?
4. What is the name of the librarian of the Charles Darwin Research Station?
5. What color was the moth Biston betularia in the early 1800s?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the act of "speciation" in the haw flies.
2. Explain how ocean currents affect the Galapagos Islands.
3. Explain the humor that the Grants find in the painting Science Is Measurement.
4. Describe how Biston betularia changed color and why it is changing back.
5. Explain the Drosophila experiment and its significance.
6. Describe the two shorelines that Weiner discusses in Chapter 11.
7. Describe Dolph Schluter's experiment in British Columbia.
8. Describe the place in which the Grants keep finch blood samples.
9. Why do plants hybridize rather readily?
10. What did Lewontin and Birch discover about the Dacus tryoni?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)