|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of computer does Rosemary use?
(c) Hewlett Packard.
2. What is "one of the greatest remaining mysteries in biology," according to Weiner?
(a) Human consciousness.
(b) The missing link.
(c) Origins of the universe.
3. Which plant has dominated Daphne Major since the flood?
4. What color was the moth Biston betularia in the early 1800s?
(c) Bluish green.
5. Who wrote the book The Blind Watchmaker?
(a) Mark Powell.
(b) Rob Bell.
(c) Richard Dawkins.
(d) Thomas Aquinas.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the first paragraph of Chapter 11, Darwin is discussing the hybridization of which animal?
2. How many species of Cichlid live in Lake Victoria?
3. Who draws a chart at the end of Chapter 14?
4. How much rain fell in the driest year on Daphne Major?
5. What is the painting called that Henry Stacy Marks created?
Short Essay Questions
1. Summarize Gayle Davies' experience with the finches.
2. Explain how ocean currents affect the Galapagos Islands.
3. Describe how Biston betularia changed color and why it is changing back.
4. Explain how bacteria build up resistance to antibiotics.
5. Explain the Drosophila experiment and its significance.
6. Describe what Martin Taylor does with the moth samples he receives.
7. Describe Dolph Schluter's experiment in British Columbia.
8. What effect do the finches have on cactus flowers?
9. Choose one example from the text regarding how humans affect other species, and explain it.
10. Describe the place in which the Grants keep finch blood samples.
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)