|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of finch is Number 3425?
(b) Cactus finch.
(c) Ground finch.
(d) Tree finch.
2. Which of the following is not a predator mentioned in Chapter 6?
(d) Rivulus hartii.
3. From what bird do the vampire finches drink blood?
(c) Passenger pigeons.
4. With what does Rosemary bait the finch traps?
(b) Seal blubber.
5. As Rosemary relates, what sometimes causes a bamboo pole to become unexpectedly heavy as one carries it?
(a) An eagle.
(b) An iguana.
(d) A hawk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of the finch is the tarsus?
2. What type of bird did Darwin breed back home in England?
3. In what year was the Charles Darwin Research Station founded?
4. What animal does Weiner describe as having "the body plan of a volcano"?
5. As described at the end of Chapter 6, for what were Trevor Price and Lisle Gibbs waiting?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe a typical workday for the Grants on Daphne Major.
2. Of what significance is Darwin's Sandwalk to science?
3. Explain Darwin's "eureka" from Chapter 10.
4. Summarize Endler's guppy experiments.
5. Describe the scope and methods of Trevor Price's observation of the finches.
6. Explain the significance of black and brown feathers in finch males, as discussed in Chapter 6.
7. Why did the crew of the Beagle want to stop in the Galapagos, and what did they find there?
8. How do the Grants collect blood samples from the finches?
9. Describe what Peter Boag and Laurene Ratcliffe did on Daphne Major while waiting for rain.
10. Describe Darwin's personal life after returning to England.
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)