|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did the Grants' team first notice the finches' hybrid breeding?
2. From what bird do the vampire finches drink blood?
(c) Passenger pigeons.
3. What organism did Darwin's colleague Joseph Hooker study?
(c) Bracket fungi.
(d) Sea cucumbers.
4. What animals did Darwin call "imps of darkness"?
(b) Sea lions.
5. How long did Darwin study barnacles?
(a) 7 years.
(b) 25 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 6 months.
Short Answer Questions
1. From how far away do the Grants take photographs of the finches for their research?
2. Who was Peter Grant's last teacher?
3. What is the name of the village on Santa Cruz?
4. Who wrote the book Natural Selection in the Wild?
5. Who was the first person who could recognize all the finches on Daphne Major?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the "most miserable piece of data" Peter Boag ever gathered? Explain.
2. Why did the crew of the Beagle want to stop in the Galapagos, and what did they find there?
3. Describe the scope and methods of Trevor Price's observation of the finches.
4. How did Darwin react to the finches while he was in the Galapagos and later while he was in England?
5. Which Fortis finches survived the drought of 1977, and why?
6. Describe the typical method of arrival on Daphne Major.
7. What did Lack discover about the finches, and how was it significant?
8. What is significant about the hybrid finches discussed in Chapter 8?
9. Why did Trevor Price wait so impatiently for rain, and how did he respond when it continued not to come?
10. Describe the appearance of Daphne Major after it stopped raining in Chapter 7.
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)