|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what month do cacti on Daphne Major start to bloom?
2. What is the name of the librarian of the Charles Darwin Research Station?
(a) Ginger Jones.
(b) Doris Jackson.
(c) Dorothy Sayers.
(d) Gayle Davies.
3. What plant did the botanist Edgar Anderson study in the Ozarks?
(c) Creeping phlox.
4. What type of bird is the Crossbill?
5. What is the name of the Charles Darwin Research Station's journal?
(a) Darwin Daily.
(b) Imprimatur Evolutionii.
(c) Noticias de Galapagos.
(d) Noticias del Mar.
6. On which island do humans not normally live?
(a) San Cristóbal.
(c) Santa Cruz.
7. What is "one of the greatest remaining mysteries in biology," according to Weiner?
(a) Origins of the universe.
(c) The missing link.
(d) Human consciousness.
8. How much rain fell in the driest year on Daphne Major?
(b) 6 millimeters.
(c) 70 millimeters.
(d) 5 meters.
9. Where did Darwin find the finch Magnirostris magnirostris?
(a) San Cristóbal.
(d) Santa Cruz.
10. What does the Latin word "specere" mean?
(a) To see.
(b) To sing.
(c) To specify.
(d) To be speckled.
11. How many species of finch are there in Hawaii?
12. Who has catalogued Darwin's spelling mistakes?
(a) Frank J. Sulloway.
(b) Rosemary Grant.
(c) Jackson Pollock.
(d) Sir John Sebright.
13. What is different from farm to farm in the Mississippi Delta?
(a) Crop circles.
(d) Mosquito density.
14. What is the name of the mutant gene that helps flies resist DDT?
15. What type of computer does Rosemary use?
(d) Hewlett Packard.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what state did Benjamin Walsh build his homestead?
2. Who made the statement about Cleopatra's nose that is quoted in Chapter 11?
3. How many times has the environment changed as rapidly as in the 20th century?
4. In chapter 16, Weiner compares evolutionists to characters in which classic story?
5. How many species of Cichlid live in Lake Victoria?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)