Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is different from farm to farm in the Mississippi Delta?
(b) Mosquito density.
(c) Crop circles.
2. How much rain fell in the driest year on Daphne Major?
(a) 6 millimeters.
(c) 5 meters.
(d) 70 millimeters.
3. What part of the human is comparable to the finch's beak, according to Weiner?
(a) The digestive tract.
(b) The hand.
(c) The eye.
(d) The mind.
4. What is the name of the librarian of the Charles Darwin Research Station?
(a) Ginger Jones.
(b) Dorothy Sayers.
(c) Gayle Davies.
(d) Doris Jackson.
5. Which Babylonian king "saw the writing on the wall"?
6. For what university did the drosophilists discussed in Chapter 12 work?
(a) Harvard University.
(b) New York University.
(c) Rockefeller University.
(d) University of Michigan.
7. Who has catalogued Darwin's spelling mistakes?
(a) Rosemary Grant.
(b) Jackson Pollock.
(c) Frank J. Sulloway.
(d) Sir John Sebright.
8. What is "one of the greatest remaining mysteries in biology," according to Weiner?
(a) Human consciousness.
(b) Origins of the universe.
(d) The missing link.
9. In the first paragraph of Chapter 11, Darwin is discussing the hybridization of which animal?
10. Weiner states in Chapter 14 that the finches are like which work of art?
(d) Michelangelo's Prisoners.
11. Who appears in Chapter 15 separating DNA in plastic bags?
(a) Peter Boag.
(b) Peter Grant.
(c) Trevor Price.
(d) Dolph Schluter.
12. As mentioned in Chapter 16, Darwin states that which bird landed on his water pitcher?
13. What book is quoted at the beginning of Chapter 15?
(b) The Iliad.
14. What does the Latin word "specere" mean?
(a) To be speckled.
(b) To sing.
(c) To specify.
(d) To see.
15. Who wrote the book The Blind Watchmaker?
(a) Mark Powell.
(b) Rob Bell.
(c) Richard Dawkins.
(d) Thomas Aquinas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the mutant gene that helps flies resist DDT?
2. Who made the statement about Cleopatra's nose that is quoted in Chapter 11?
3. Which plant has dominated Daphne Major since the flood?
4. How many mating songs does each species of finch have?
5. How many E. coli bacteria can grow from one bacterium within eight hours?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)