|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 16, Weiner compares evolutionists to characters in which classic story?
(a) A Christmas Carol.
(c) Donnie Darko.
(d) Gulliver's Travels.
2. What does an old woman in Puerto Ayora eat to avenge herself against the finches?
(a) Cacabus seeds.
(b) Rotisserie finch.
(c) Tribulus seeds.
(d) Finch soup.
3. How many times has the environment changed as rapidly as in the 20th century?
4. In the first paragraph of Chapter 11, Darwin is discussing the hybridization of which animal?
5. How much rain fell in the driest year on Daphne Major?
(a) 70 millimeters.
(b) 5 meters.
(d) 6 millimeters.
6. Whom did Darwin commission to breed unusual combinations of pigeons?
(a) Arthur Conan Doyle.
(b) Lord Byron.
(c) Sir John Sebright.
(d) John Sewall.
7. Which animal did Lewontin and Birch study?
(b) Fruit fly.
8. From where does Martin Taylor collect his moth specimens?
(a) The East Coast.
(b) The Bible Belt.
(c) The Midwest.
(d) The Pacific Northwest.
9. Who wrote the book The Blind Watchmaker?
(a) Richard Dawkins.
(b) Thomas Aquinas.
(c) Rob Bell.
(d) Mark Powell.
10. In chapter 15, Weiner discusses the growth of which microbe in a Petri dish?
(a) E. coli.
(c) Ebola virus.
11. What is the name of the librarian of the Charles Darwin Research Station?
(a) Doris Jackson.
(b) Ginger Jones.
(c) Gayle Davies.
(d) Dorothy Sayers.
12. How long did it take flies to develop resistance to the "resistance-proof" pesticides introduced in 1967?
(a) 3 months.
(b) 18 months.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 10 years.
13. Who wrote the article on global warming that is discussed in Chapter 18?
(a) Andrew Bakun.
(b) Trevor Price.
(c) John Endler.
(d) Phillip Gingerich.
14. Which plant has dominated Daphne Major since the flood?
15. On what drenched island near the equator do finches live, as mentioned in Chapter 19?
(b) Rapa Nui.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is different from farm to farm in the Mississippi Delta?
2. As witnessed by Hermon Carey Bumpus, which birds died en masse after a blizzard?
3. What is the name of the Charles Darwin Research Station's journal?
4. Who is studying the Sticklebacks?
5. How many species of Cichlid live in Lake Victoria?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)