|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which animal did Lewontin and Birch study?
(c) Fruit fly.
2. What do the Grants keep in the freezer in the "sub-subbasement'?
(c) Ice core samples.
(d) Blood samples.
3. Where did Darwin find the finch Magnirostris magnirostris?
(b) San Cristóbal.
(c) Santa Cruz.
4. On which island do humans not normally live?
(a) Santa Cruz.
(c) San Cristóbal.
5. What is different from farm to farm in the Mississippi Delta?
(b) Mosquito density.
(c) Crop circles.
6. In chapter 15, Weiner discusses the growth of which microbe in a Petri dish?
(c) Ebola virus.
(d) E. coli.
7. How many species of finch are there in Hawaii?
8. How many mating songs does each species of finch have?
9. Which Greek philosopher is quoted at the end of Chapter 13?
10. In what state did Benjamin Walsh build his homestead?
(c) West Virginia.
11. Where is Anvers Island?
(a) In the Baltic.
(b) Near the British Isles.
(c) In the South Pacific.
(d) In the Antarctic.
12. Approximately how many species of birds are there in the world?
13. Who wrote the article on global warming that is discussed in Chapter 18?
(a) John Endler.
(b) Andrew Bakun.
(c) Trevor Price.
(d) Phillip Gingerich.
14. What animal does the Hawaiian Drosophila Project study?
(a) Fruit flies.
(c) Fruit bats.
(d) Manta rays.
15. What is the name of the librarian of the Charles Darwin Research Station?
(a) Dorothy Sayers.
(b) Doris Jackson.
(c) Ginger Jones.
(d) Gayle Davies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter 17 showcases the evolution of which mammal?
2. Weiner states in Chapter 14 that the finches are like which work of art?
3. How much rain fell in the driest year on Daphne Major?
4. What book is quoted at the beginning of Chapter 15?
5. How many E. coli bacteria can grow from one bacterium within eight hours?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)