|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what drenched island near the equator do finches live, as mentioned in Chapter 19?
(a) Rapa Nui.
2. In what state did Benjamin Walsh build his homestead?
(b) West Virginia.
3. What is the name of the librarian of the Charles Darwin Research Station?
(a) Ginger Jones.
(b) Gayle Davies.
(c) Dorothy Sayers.
(d) Doris Jackson.
4. What does the Latin word "reticulum" mean?
5. What type of computer does Rosemary use?
(b) Hewlett Packard.
6. What color was the moth Biston betularia in the early 1800s?
(a) Bluish green.
7. In the first paragraph of Chapter 11, Darwin is discussing the hybridization of which animal?
8. Which plant has dominated Daphne Major since the flood?
9. What part of the human is comparable to the finch's beak, according to Weiner?
(a) The eye.
(b) The digestive tract.
(c) The hand.
(d) The mind.
10. As mentioned in Chapter 16, Darwin states that which bird landed on his water pitcher?
11. Where did Darwin find the finch Magnirostris magnirostris?
(a) Santa Cruz.
(b) San Cristóbal.
12. What animal does Scott Carroll study?
(a) The English bulldog.
(b) The water buffalo.
(c) The soapberry bug.
(d) The tsetse fly.
13. In chapter 16, Weiner compares evolutionists to characters in which classic story?
(a) Donnie Darko.
(b) Gulliver's Travels.
(c) A Christmas Carol.
14. On which island do humans not normally live?
(a) Santa Cruz.
(c) San Cristóbal.
15. What does an old woman in Puerto Ayora eat to avenge herself against the finches?
(a) Finch soup.
(b) Cacabus seeds.
(c) Tribulus seeds.
(d) Rotisserie finch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is different from farm to farm in the Mississippi Delta?
2. What plant did the botanist Edgar Anderson study in the Ozarks?
3. Who wrote the book The Blind Watchmaker?
4. What does the Latin word "specere" mean?
5. Who draws a chart at the end of Chapter 14?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)