|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal does Scott Carroll study?
(a) The English bulldog.
(b) The water buffalo.
(c) The tsetse fly.
(d) The soapberry bug.
2. What book is quoted at the beginning of Chapter 15?
(b) The Iliad.
3. How many species of Cichlid live in Lake Victoria?
4. Who wrote the article on global warming that is discussed in Chapter 18?
(a) Andrew Bakun.
(b) Trevor Price.
(c) John Endler.
(d) Phillip Gingerich.
5. What animal does the Hawaiian Drosophila Project study?
(a) Fruit flies.
(b) Manta rays.
(d) Fruit bats.
6. How many mating songs does each species of finch have?
7. In what state did Benjamin Walsh build his homestead?
(d) West Virginia.
8. What do Crossbills eat?
(a) The seeds in pinecones.
9. When did the ancestors of humans start to walk?
(a) 200,000 years ago.
(b) 8000 years ago.
(c) 6-7 million years ago.
(d) 40 million years ago.
10. Where did Darwin find the finch Magnirostris magnirostris?
(a) San Cristóbal.
(d) Santa Cruz.
11. What does the Latin word "specere" mean?
(a) To sing.
(b) To specify.
(c) To be speckled.
(d) To see.
12. Who is studying the Sticklebacks?
(a) Dolph Schluter.
(b) Chris Chaplin.
(c) Peter Boag.
(d) Trevor Price.
13. On what drenched island near the equator do finches live, as mentioned in Chapter 19?
(c) Rapa Nui.
14. What type of computer does Rosemary use?
(d) Hewlett Packard.
15. What type of bird is the Crossbill?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times has the environment changed as rapidly as in the 20th century?
2. What is the name of the Charles Darwin Research Station's journal?
3. In chapter 16, Weiner compares evolutionists to characters in which classic story?
4. What is "one of the greatest remaining mysteries in biology," according to Weiner?
5. Which plant has dominated Daphne Major since the flood?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)