|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On which island do humans not normally live?
(a) Santa Cruz.
(c) San Cristóbal.
2. How many times has the environment changed as rapidly as in the 20th century?
3. What color was the moth Biston betularia in the early 1800s?
(b) Bluish green.
4. In what month do cacti on Daphne Major start to bloom?
5. What plant did the botanist Edgar Anderson study in the Ozarks?
(a) Creeping phlox.
6. Which animal did Lewontin and Birch study?
(b) Fruit fly.
7. What animal does the Hawaiian Drosophila Project study?
(a) Fruit flies.
(c) Manta rays.
(d) Fruit bats.
8. How many people carry the bacteria that causes tuberculosis?
(a) 1 in 6.
(b) 1 in 4.
(c) 1 in 9.
(d) 1 in 3.
9. What is the name of the librarian of the Charles Darwin Research Station?
(a) Dorothy Sayers.
(b) Doris Jackson.
(c) Gayle Davies.
(d) Ginger Jones.
10. What do Crossbills eat?
(b) The seeds in pinecones.
11. For what university did the drosophilists discussed in Chapter 12 work?
(a) New York University.
(b) Rockefeller University.
(c) University of Michigan.
(d) Harvard University.
12. Which Greek philosopher is quoted at the end of Chapter 13?
13. Approximately how many species of birds are there in the world?
14. Who appears in Chapter 15 separating DNA in plastic bags?
(a) Dolph Schluter.
(b) Trevor Price.
(c) Peter Boag.
(d) Peter Grant.
15. What type of bird is the Crossbill?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote the book The Blind Watchmaker?
2. Weiner states in Chapter 14 that the finches are like which work of art?
3. What do the Grants keep in the freezer in the "sub-subbasement'?
4. Who made the statement about Cleopatra's nose that is quoted in Chapter 11?
5. From where does Martin Taylor collect his moth specimens?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)