|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many mating songs does each species of finch have?
2. Who appears in Chapter 15 separating DNA in plastic bags?
(a) Dolph Schluter.
(b) Peter Boag.
(c) Peter Grant.
(d) Trevor Price.
3. As mentioned in Chapter 16, Darwin states that which bird landed on his water pitcher?
4. In chapter 16, Weiner compares evolutionists to characters in which classic story?
(a) Donnie Darko.
(b) A Christmas Carol.
(c) Gulliver's Travels.
5. What does the Latin word "specere" mean?
(a) To be speckled.
(b) To specify.
(c) To sing.
(d) To see.
6. Who is studying the Sticklebacks?
(a) Dolph Schluter.
(b) Trevor Price.
(c) Peter Boag.
(d) Chris Chaplin.
7. Approximately how many species of birds are there in the world?
8. How long did it take flies to develop resistance to the "resistance-proof" pesticides introduced in 1967?
(a) 3 months.
(b) 18 months.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 10 years.
9. What type of bird is the Crossbill?
10. As witnessed by Hermon Carey Bumpus, which birds died en masse after a blizzard?
(a) English sparrows.
11. Where did Darwin find the finch Magnirostris magnirostris?
(b) Santa Cruz.
(d) San Cristóbal.
12. Which plant has dominated Daphne Major since the flood?
13. On which island do humans not normally live?
(b) San Cristóbal.
(c) Santa Cruz.
14. When did the ancestors of humans start to walk?
(a) 40 million years ago.
(b) 6-7 million years ago.
(c) 200,000 years ago.
(d) 8000 years ago.
15. What animal does the Hawaiian Drosophila Project study?
(b) Fruit flies.
(c) Fruit bats.
(d) Manta rays.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many E. coli bacteria can grow from one bacterium within eight hours?
2. How many species of finch are there in Hawaii?
3. What is the name of the mutant gene that helps flies resist DDT?
4. What is the painting called that Henry Stacy Marks created?
5. Weiner states in Chapter 14 that the finches are like which work of art?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)