|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of computer does Rosemary use?
(d) Hewlett Packard.
2. What is the name of the Charles Darwin Research Station's journal?
(a) Noticias del Mar.
(b) Noticias de Galapagos.
(c) Imprimatur Evolutionii.
(d) Darwin Daily.
3. Chapter 17 showcases the evolution of which mammal?
4. In chapter 16, Weiner compares evolutionists to characters in which classic story?
(a) Gulliver's Travels.
(c) Donnie Darko.
(d) A Christmas Carol.
5. Who has catalogued Darwin's spelling mistakes?
(a) Sir John Sebright.
(b) Rosemary Grant.
(c) Jackson Pollock.
(d) Frank J. Sulloway.
6. Who wrote the article on global warming that is discussed in Chapter 18?
(a) Trevor Price.
(b) Phillip Gingerich.
(c) John Endler.
(d) Andrew Bakun.
7. How much rain fell in the driest year on Daphne Major?
(a) 5 meters.
(b) 6 millimeters.
(d) 70 millimeters.
8. Which Babylonian king "saw the writing on the wall"?
9. When did the ancestors of humans start to walk?
(a) 6-7 million years ago.
(b) 200,000 years ago.
(c) 8000 years ago.
(d) 40 million years ago.
10. What is the painting called that Henry Stacy Marks created?
(a) Science Is Measurement.
(b) Experiments in Ornithology.
(d) The Birdwatcher's Evening.
11. What animal does the Hawaiian Drosophila Project study?
(b) Manta rays.
(c) Fruit flies.
(d) Fruit bats.
12. How long did it take flies to develop resistance to the "resistance-proof" pesticides introduced in 1967?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 18 months.
(d) 5 years.
13. What is different from farm to farm in the Mississippi Delta?
(a) Mosquito density.
(b) Crop circles.
14. What does the Latin word "reticulum" mean?
15. Where did Darwin find the finch Magnirostris magnirostris?
(a) Santa Cruz.
(c) San Cristóbal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the librarian of the Charles Darwin Research Station?
2. What part of the human is comparable to the finch's beak, according to Weiner?
3. Who made the statement about Cleopatra's nose that is quoted in Chapter 11?
4. What do Crossbills eat?
5. What does the Latin word "specere" mean?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)