|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote the book The Blind Watchmaker?
(a) Thomas Aquinas.
(b) Richard Dawkins.
(c) Mark Powell.
(d) Rob Bell.
2. On which island do humans not normally live?
(c) Santa Cruz.
(d) San Cristóbal.
3. In what state did Benjamin Walsh build his homestead?
(c) West Virginia.
4. What animal does the Hawaiian Drosophila Project study?
(a) Fruit flies.
(b) Fruit bats.
(d) Manta rays.
5. What is different from farm to farm in the Mississippi Delta?
(a) Mosquito density.
(c) Crop circles.
6. Who has catalogued Darwin's spelling mistakes?
(a) Sir John Sebright.
(b) Rosemary Grant.
(c) Frank J. Sulloway.
(d) Jackson Pollock.
7. How many species of finch are there in Hawaii?
8. What part of the human is comparable to the finch's beak, according to Weiner?
(a) The hand.
(b) The eye.
(c) The digestive tract.
(d) The mind.
9. Which scientist is mentioned in Chapter 14 as strongly advocating the need for measurement in science?
(a) Marie Curie.
(b) Blaise Pascal.
(c) Louis Pasteur.
(d) Lord Kelvin.
10. What does the Latin word "specere" mean?
(a) To specify.
(b) To be speckled.
(c) To sing.
(d) To see.
11. Who appears in Chapter 15 separating DNA in plastic bags?
(a) Trevor Price.
(b) Dolph Schluter.
(c) Peter Boag.
(d) Peter Grant.
12. What is the name of the librarian of the Charles Darwin Research Station?
(a) Gayle Davies.
(b) Doris Jackson.
(c) Dorothy Sayers.
(d) Ginger Jones.
13. What color was the moth Biston betularia in the early 1800s?
(a) Bluish green.
14. How many people carry the bacteria that causes tuberculosis?
(a) 1 in 4.
(b) 1 in 9.
(c) 1 in 3.
(d) 1 in 6.
15. What type of computer does Rosemary use?
(b) Hewlett Packard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Crossbills eat?
2. Which plant has dominated Daphne Major since the flood?
3. Weiner states in Chapter 14 that the finches are like which work of art?
4. Chapter 17 showcases the evolution of which mammal?
5. On what drenched island near the equator do finches live, as mentioned in Chapter 19?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)