|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 17 showcases the evolution of which mammal?
2. What color was the moth Biston betularia in the early 1800s?
(c) Bluish green.
3. On what drenched island near the equator do finches live, as mentioned in Chapter 19?
(a) Rapa Nui.
4. How many times has the environment changed as rapidly as in the 20th century?
5. When did the ancestors of humans start to walk?
(a) 40 million years ago.
(b) 200,000 years ago.
(c) 6-7 million years ago.
(d) 8000 years ago.
6. How many people carry the bacteria that causes tuberculosis?
(a) 1 in 9.
(b) 1 in 3.
(c) 1 in 6.
(d) 1 in 4.
7. What book is quoted at the beginning of Chapter 15?
(d) The Iliad.
8. What is different from farm to farm in the Mississippi Delta?
(c) Crop circles.
(d) Mosquito density.
9. What is the name of the librarian of the Charles Darwin Research Station?
(a) Gayle Davies.
(b) Dorothy Sayers.
(c) Doris Jackson.
(d) Ginger Jones.
10. What is the painting called that Henry Stacy Marks created?
(a) Experiments in Ornithology.
(c) The Birdwatcher's Evening.
(d) Science Is Measurement.
11. What does the Latin word "specere" mean?
(a) To sing.
(b) To specify.
(c) To be speckled.
(d) To see.
12. How many mating songs does each species of finch have?
13. What plant did the botanist Edgar Anderson study in the Ozarks?
(a) Creeping phlox.
14. What is the name of the Charles Darwin Research Station's journal?
(a) Imprimatur Evolutionii.
(b) Darwin Daily.
(c) Noticias de Galapagos.
(d) Noticias del Mar.
15. Whom did Darwin commission to breed unusual combinations of pigeons?
(a) Arthur Conan Doyle.
(b) Sir John Sebright.
(c) John Sewall.
(d) Lord Byron.
Short Answer Questions
1. As witnessed by Hermon Carey Bumpus, which birds died en masse after a blizzard?
2. As mentioned in Chapter 16, Darwin states that which bird landed on his water pitcher?
3. Where did Darwin pick up the second volume of Principles of Geology?
4. Who is studying the Sticklebacks?
5. Who appears in Chapter 15 separating DNA in plastic bags?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)