|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal does the Hawaiian Drosophila Project study?
(b) Manta rays.
(c) Fruit bats.
(d) Fruit flies.
2. What type of bird is the Crossbill?
3. Who appears in Chapter 15 separating DNA in plastic bags?
(a) Dolph Schluter.
(b) Trevor Price.
(c) Peter Boag.
(d) Peter Grant.
4. What do Crossbills eat?
(a) The seeds in pinecones.
5. Which animal did Lewontin and Birch study?
(c) Fruit fly.
6. What color was the moth Biston betularia in the early 1800s?
(c) Bluish green.
7. What does an old woman in Puerto Ayora eat to avenge herself against the finches?
(a) Tribulus seeds.
(b) Rotisserie finch.
(c) Finch soup.
(d) Cacabus seeds.
8. From where does Martin Taylor collect his moth specimens?
(a) The East Coast.
(b) The Pacific Northwest.
(c) The Bible Belt.
(d) The Midwest.
9. What type of computer does Rosemary use?
(c) Hewlett Packard.
10. What animal does Scott Carroll study?
(a) The soapberry bug.
(b) The tsetse fly.
(c) The water buffalo.
(d) The English bulldog.
11. Where did Darwin find the finch Magnirostris magnirostris?
(a) Santa Cruz.
(b) San Cristóbal.
12. How many mating songs does each species of finch have?
13. In chapter 16, Weiner compares evolutionists to characters in which classic story?
(a) Donnie Darko.
(b) A Christmas Carol.
(c) Gulliver's Travels.
14. How long did it take flies to develop resistance to the "resistance-proof" pesticides introduced in 1967?
(a) 3 months.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 18 months.
(d) 10 years.
15. When did the ancestors of humans start to walk?
(a) 40 million years ago.
(b) 8000 years ago.
(c) 200,000 years ago.
(d) 6-7 million years ago.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote the article on global warming that is discussed in Chapter 18?
2. Which scientist is mentioned in Chapter 14 as strongly advocating the need for measurement in science?
3. Who draws a chart at the end of Chapter 14?
4. Approximately how many species of birds are there in the world?
5. How many people carry the bacteria that causes tuberculosis?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)