|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who appears in Chapter 15 separating DNA in plastic bags?
(a) Peter Grant.
(b) Dolph Schluter.
(c) Trevor Price.
(d) Peter Boag.
2. What part of the human is comparable to the finch's beak, according to Weiner?
(a) The hand.
(b) The digestive tract.
(c) The mind.
(d) The eye.
3. Who made the statement about Cleopatra's nose that is quoted in Chapter 11?
(a) Isaac Newton.
4. What animal does the Hawaiian Drosophila Project study?
(a) Fruit flies.
(b) Manta rays.
(c) Fruit bats.
5. How many people carry the bacteria that causes tuberculosis?
(a) 1 in 4.
(b) 1 in 9.
(c) 1 in 6.
(d) 1 in 3.
6. What book is quoted at the beginning of Chapter 15?
(d) The Iliad.
7. Which Babylonian king "saw the writing on the wall"?
8. Chapter 17 showcases the evolution of which mammal?
9. What is the name of the Charles Darwin Research Station's journal?
(a) Noticias del Mar.
(b) Imprimatur Evolutionii.
(c) Noticias de Galapagos.
(d) Darwin Daily.
10. What does the Latin word "specere" mean?
(a) To sing.
(b) To specify.
(c) To see.
(d) To be speckled.
11. What does an old woman in Puerto Ayora eat to avenge herself against the finches?
(a) Cacabus seeds.
(b) Tribulus seeds.
(c) Rotisserie finch.
(d) Finch soup.
12. What animal does Scott Carroll study?
(a) The water buffalo.
(b) The English bulldog.
(c) The tsetse fly.
(d) The soapberry bug.
13. According to Ernst Mayr, what animal has "specialized in despecialization"?
(c) Giant pandas.
14. Where did Darwin pick up the second volume of Principles of Geology?
(c) Buenos Aires.
15. Approximately how many species of birds are there in the world?
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 16, Weiner compares evolutionists to characters in which classic story?
2. How long did it take flies to develop resistance to the "resistance-proof" pesticides introduced in 1967?
3. When did the ancestors of humans start to walk?
4. As mentioned in Chapter 16, Darwin states that which bird landed on his water pitcher?
5. On what drenched island near the equator do finches live, as mentioned in Chapter 19?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)