|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What plant did the botanist Edgar Anderson study in the Ozarks?
(d) Creeping phlox.
2. Who draws a chart at the end of Chapter 14?
(a) Martin Taylor.
(b) Trevor Price.
(c) Peter Boag and Laurene Ratcliffe.
(d) Peter and Rosemary.
3. What does the Latin word "specere" mean?
(a) To sing.
(b) To specify.
(c) To see.
(d) To be speckled.
4. Weiner states in Chapter 14 that the finches are like which work of art?
(b) Michelangelo's Prisoners.
5. Which scientist is mentioned in Chapter 14 as strongly advocating the need for measurement in science?
(a) Blaise Pascal.
(b) Louis Pasteur.
(c) Marie Curie.
(d) Lord Kelvin.
6. Where did Darwin find the finch Magnirostris magnirostris?
(c) Santa Cruz.
(d) San Cristóbal.
7. Where is Anvers Island?
(a) In the Baltic.
(b) In the South Pacific.
(c) In the Antarctic.
(d) Near the British Isles.
8. What is the name of the librarian of the Charles Darwin Research Station?
(a) Doris Jackson.
(b) Gayle Davies.
(c) Dorothy Sayers.
(d) Ginger Jones.
9. How many people carry the bacteria that causes tuberculosis?
(a) 1 in 4.
(b) 1 in 9.
(c) 1 in 6.
(d) 1 in 3.
10. As mentioned in Chapter 16, Darwin states that which bird landed on his water pitcher?
11. In what state did Benjamin Walsh build his homestead?
(d) West Virginia.
12. What is the painting called that Henry Stacy Marks created?
(b) Experiments in Ornithology.
(c) Science Is Measurement.
(d) The Birdwatcher's Evening.
13. Approximately how many species of birds are there in the world?
14. What type of bird is the Crossbill?
15. What do Crossbills eat?
(c) The seeds in pinecones.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote the book The Blind Watchmaker?
2. When did the ancestors of humans start to walk?
3. What book is quoted at the beginning of Chapter 15?
4. What color was the moth Biston betularia in the early 1800s?
5. Chapter 17 showcases the evolution of which mammal?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)