|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 16, Weiner compares evolutionists to characters in which classic story?
(a) A Christmas Carol.
(b) Donnie Darko.
(d) Gulliver's Travels.
2. On which island do humans not normally live?
(a) San Cristóbal.
(b) Santa Cruz.
3. What animal does the Hawaiian Drosophila Project study?
(b) Fruit bats.
(c) Manta rays.
(d) Fruit flies.
4. How much rain fell in the driest year on Daphne Major?
(a) 70 millimeters.
(b) 6 millimeters.
(c) 5 meters.
5. Whom did Darwin commission to breed unusual combinations of pigeons?
(a) Lord Byron.
(b) John Sewall.
(c) Sir John Sebright.
(d) Arthur Conan Doyle.
6. What is the name of the librarian of the Charles Darwin Research Station?
(a) Doris Jackson.
(b) Dorothy Sayers.
(c) Gayle Davies.
(d) Ginger Jones.
7. Which Greek philosopher is quoted at the end of Chapter 13?
8. In what state did Benjamin Walsh build his homestead?
(d) West Virginia.
9. What plant did the botanist Edgar Anderson study in the Ozarks?
(b) Creeping phlox.
10. What is the name of the Charles Darwin Research Station's journal?
(a) Imprimatur Evolutionii.
(b) Darwin Daily.
(c) Noticias de Galapagos.
(d) Noticias del Mar.
11. On what drenched island near the equator do finches live, as mentioned in Chapter 19?
(b) Rapa Nui.
12. What is the name of the mutant gene that helps flies resist DDT?
13. What does the Latin word "specere" mean?
(a) To see.
(b) To be speckled.
(c) To sing.
(d) To specify.
14. Where did Darwin find the finch Magnirostris magnirostris?
(a) San Cristóbal.
(c) Santa Cruz.
15. Which scientist is mentioned in Chapter 14 as strongly advocating the need for measurement in science?
(a) Blaise Pascal.
(b) Marie Curie.
(c) Louis Pasteur.
(d) Lord Kelvin.
Short Answer Questions
1. From where does Martin Taylor collect his moth specimens?
2. When did the ancestors of humans start to walk?
3. What type of computer does Rosemary use?
4. What animal does Scott Carroll study?
5. What type of bird is the Crossbill?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)