|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color was the moth Biston betularia in the early 1800s?
(c) Bluish green.
2. In what month do cacti on Daphne Major start to bloom?
3. How much rain fell in the driest year on Daphne Major?
(a) 5 meters.
(b) 70 millimeters.
(d) 6 millimeters.
4. Weiner states in Chapter 14 that the finches are like which work of art?
(b) Michelangelo's Prisoners.
5. Who wrote the book The Blind Watchmaker?
(a) Richard Dawkins.
(b) Mark Powell.
(c) Thomas Aquinas.
(d) Rob Bell.
6. What part of the human is comparable to the finch's beak, according to Weiner?
(a) The hand.
(b) The eye.
(c) The digestive tract.
(d) The mind.
7. How many E. coli bacteria can grow from one bacterium within eight hours?
(a) 20 million.
(b) 10 million.
8. As witnessed by Hermon Carey Bumpus, which birds died en masse after a blizzard?
(d) English sparrows.
9. What animal does Scott Carroll study?
(a) The water buffalo.
(b) The English bulldog.
(c) The tsetse fly.
(d) The soapberry bug.
10. What does an old woman in Puerto Ayora eat to avenge herself against the finches?
(a) Tribulus seeds.
(b) Rotisserie finch.
(c) Cacabus seeds.
(d) Finch soup.
11. What book is quoted at the beginning of Chapter 15?
(a) The Iliad.
12. What do Crossbills eat?
(a) The seeds in pinecones.
13. In what state did Benjamin Walsh build his homestead?
(a) West Virginia.
14. Chapter 17 showcases the evolution of which mammal?
15. What is different from farm to farm in the Mississippi Delta?
(b) Crop circles.
(c) Mosquito density.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who appears in Chapter 15 separating DNA in plastic bags?
2. How many species of finch are there in Hawaii?
3. How many people carry the bacteria that causes tuberculosis?
4. As mentioned in Chapter 16, Darwin states that which bird landed on his water pitcher?
5. From where does Martin Taylor collect his moth specimens?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)