|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote the article on global warming that is discussed in Chapter 18?
(a) Trevor Price.
(b) Phillip Gingerich.
(c) Andrew Bakun.
(d) John Endler.
2. Where did Darwin find the finch Magnirostris magnirostris?
(a) Santa Cruz.
(b) San Cristóbal.
3. What color was the moth Biston betularia in the early 1800s?
(a) Bluish green.
4. Which Babylonian king "saw the writing on the wall"?
5. Who has catalogued Darwin's spelling mistakes?
(a) Frank J. Sulloway.
(b) Jackson Pollock.
(c) Rosemary Grant.
(d) Sir John Sebright.
6. Which Greek philosopher is quoted at the end of Chapter 13?
7. How many species of finch are there in Hawaii?
8. Whom did Darwin commission to breed unusual combinations of pigeons?
(a) Sir John Sebright.
(b) Lord Byron.
(c) Arthur Conan Doyle.
(d) John Sewall.
9. How long did it take flies to develop resistance to the "resistance-proof" pesticides introduced in 1967?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 18 months.
(d) 10 years.
10. Approximately how many species of birds are there in the world?
11. Where did Darwin pick up the second volume of Principles of Geology?
(c) Buenos Aires.
12. As mentioned in Chapter 16, Darwin states that which bird landed on his water pitcher?
13. Weiner states in Chapter 14 that the finches are like which work of art?
(b) Michelangelo's Prisoners.
14. Who made the statement about Cleopatra's nose that is quoted in Chapter 11?
(b) Isaac Newton.
15. What does the Latin word "specere" mean?
(a) To see.
(b) To sing.
(c) To specify.
(d) To be speckled.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter 17 showcases the evolution of which mammal?
2. On what drenched island near the equator do finches live, as mentioned in Chapter 19?
3. In the first paragraph of Chapter 11, Darwin is discussing the hybridization of which animal?
4. In chapter 16, Weiner compares evolutionists to characters in which classic story?
5. On which island do humans not normally live?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)