|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of computer does Rosemary use?
(b) Hewlett Packard.
2. Which animal did Lewontin and Birch study?
(a) Fruit fly.
3. In what month do cacti on Daphne Major start to bloom?
4. On which island do humans not normally live?
(c) San Cristóbal.
(d) Santa Cruz.
5. What does the Latin word "specere" mean?
(a) To sing.
(b) To see.
(c) To specify.
(d) To be speckled.
6. Which scientist is mentioned in Chapter 14 as strongly advocating the need for measurement in science?
(a) Lord Kelvin.
(b) Marie Curie.
(c) Blaise Pascal.
(d) Louis Pasteur.
7. What is the name of the Charles Darwin Research Station's journal?
(a) Noticias del Mar.
(b) Noticias de Galapagos.
(c) Imprimatur Evolutionii.
(d) Darwin Daily.
8. How many species of finch are there in Hawaii?
9. Where is Anvers Island?
(a) In the South Pacific.
(b) In the Antarctic.
(c) Near the British Isles.
(d) In the Baltic.
10. What does the illustration in The Origin of Species depict?
(a) The "tree of life."
(b) A mockingbird.
(c) London Bridge.
(d) An iguana.
11. On what drenched island near the equator do finches live, as mentioned in Chapter 19?
(d) Rapa Nui.
12. Who made the statement about Cleopatra's nose that is quoted in Chapter 11?
(b) Isaac Newton.
13. In the first paragraph of Chapter 11, Darwin is discussing the hybridization of which animal?
14. Who appears in Chapter 15 separating DNA in plastic bags?
(a) Peter Grant.
(b) Peter Boag.
(c) Dolph Schluter.
(d) Trevor Price.
15. What type of bird is the Crossbill?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the librarian of the Charles Darwin Research Station?
2. What do Crossbills eat?
3. Chapter 17 showcases the evolution of which mammal?
4. What do the Grants keep in the freezer in the "sub-subbasement'?
5. From where does Martin Taylor collect his moth specimens?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)