|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Approximately how many species of birds are there in the world?
2. Where is Anvers Island?
(a) In the Antarctic.
(b) In the South Pacific.
(c) Near the British Isles.
(d) In the Baltic.
3. As witnessed by Hermon Carey Bumpus, which birds died en masse after a blizzard?
(d) English sparrows.
4. In chapter 16, Weiner compares evolutionists to characters in which classic story?
(a) Donnie Darko.
(b) Gulliver's Travels.
(c) A Christmas Carol.
5. In what state did Benjamin Walsh build his homestead?
(c) West Virginia.
6. What book is quoted at the beginning of Chapter 15?
(d) The Iliad.
7. In the first paragraph of Chapter 11, Darwin is discussing the hybridization of which animal?
8. Who wrote the book The Blind Watchmaker?
(a) Rob Bell.
(b) Mark Powell.
(c) Richard Dawkins.
(d) Thomas Aquinas.
9. In chapter 15, Weiner discusses the growth of which microbe in a Petri dish?
(a) E. coli.
(b) Ebola virus.
10. Who wrote the article on global warming that is discussed in Chapter 18?
(a) Phillip Gingerich.
(b) Trevor Price.
(c) John Endler.
(d) Andrew Bakun.
11. What is different from farm to farm in the Mississippi Delta?
(a) Mosquito density.
(d) Crop circles.
12. What part of the human is comparable to the finch's beak, according to Weiner?
(a) The mind.
(b) The hand.
(c) The digestive tract.
(d) The eye.
13. Chapter 17 showcases the evolution of which mammal?
14. How much rain fell in the driest year on Daphne Major?
(b) 5 meters.
(c) 70 millimeters.
(d) 6 millimeters.
15. From where does Martin Taylor collect his moth specimens?
(a) The Pacific Northwest.
(b) The Midwest.
(c) The Bible Belt.
(d) The East Coast.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who made the statement about Cleopatra's nose that is quoted in Chapter 11?
2. What type of computer does Rosemary use?
3. What animal does the Hawaiian Drosophila Project study?
4. Whom did Darwin commission to breed unusual combinations of pigeons?
5. What do Crossbills eat?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)