Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of bird suffered on Genovesa during the rains of 1982-83?
2. What is the name of the animal resulting from the cross between a male horse and a female donkey?
(c) Miniature horse.
3. Chapter 8 mentions that Peter has to deliver a lecture in which country?
4. How many times did the Croton trees bloom in the rains of 1982-83?
5. Which year was the dry year that is discussed in Chapter 5?
6. Who has deeply studied the history of studying evolution in the Galapagos Islands?
(a) William Hamilton.
(b) David Anderson.
(c) Frank J. Sulloway.
(d) Peter Boag.
7. How much rain fell on the day the severe drought ended, as mentioned in Chapter 5?
(a) One inch.
(b) Thirty millimeters.
(c) Two inches.
(d) Fifty millimeters.
8. What normally causes the finches not to eat Chamaesyce?
(a) Its latex substance.
(b) Its hardness.
(c) Its thorns.
(d) Its furry exterior.
9. What Galapagos island is mentioned in the first sentence of Chapter 1?
(c) Sin Nombre.
(d) Daphne Major.
10. What organization did Tjitte de Vries direct?
(a) The Environmental Protection Agency.
(b) The Finch Unit.
(c) The Center for Disease Control and Prevention.
(d) The Charles Darwin Research Station.
11. Who was Trevor Price's assistant in the Galapagos?
(a) Spike Millington.
(b) Laurene Ratcliffe.
(c) Tjitte de Vries.
(d) Carlos Nuñez.
12. What color "indicates age and experience" in the male finches' feathers?
13. Who developed the "principle of divergence"?
(a) David Lack.
(c) Trevor Price.
(d) Carolus Linnaeus.
14. How old are the oldest finches on the island?
(a) 5 years old.
(b) 13 years old.
(c) 12 years old.
(d) 15 years old.
15. What was the name of the captain of Darwin's ship?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to chapter 9, what percentage of the birds on Darwin's property were killed in the cold weather?
2. Where do the Grants work in the United States?
3. Who named one finch species "Geospiza incerta," which, according to Weiner, means "ground finch, I guess"?
4. What color is the beak of a finch that is about to mate?
5. What was the name of Darwin's grandfather?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)