|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the building where Peter and Rosemary have their offices?
(a) Baker Hall.
(b) Darwin Center of Science.
(c) Eno Hall.
(d) Ezell Laboratories.
2. Which type of animal in the Galapagos has one alpha male that mates with many females?
(c) Sea lion.
3. In chapter 6, Weiner compares evolution to the motion of which object?
(a) A whirligig.
(b) A volcano.
(c) A kaleidoscope.
(d) A Jackson Pollock painting.
4. Where does Jamie Smith study sparrows?
(c) British Columbia.
5. Who has deeply studied the history of studying evolution in the Galapagos Islands?
(a) William Hamilton.
(b) Peter Boag.
(c) David Anderson.
(d) Frank J. Sulloway.
6. What unusual seed did the Grants find on Genovesa after El Niño?
(b) Wild grape.
(d) Poison apple.
7. Who devised the idea of "adaptive landscapes"?
(a) Phillip Gingerich.
(b) Sewall Wright.
(c) Trevor Price.
(d) Ian Abbott.
8. What plants did the Grants find growing on Nuñez?
(a) Green beans.
(c) Flame trees.
(d) Oak trees.
9. How many times did the Croton trees bloom in the rains of 1982-83?
10. How many eggs did the best-breeding finch lay in the rainy season?
11. Which weed does Chapter 4 discuss in detail?
(b) Lemon grass.
12. How many plants grew in Darwin's cup of dirt?
13. What color "indicates age and experience" in the male finches' feathers?
14. In how many portfolios did Charles Darwin store his field notes?
15. Where do the Grants work in the United States?
(a) The Ohio State University.
(b) Yale University.
(d) Princeton University.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many species of finch live in the Galapagos Islands?
2. How many times did Number 3425 breed in 1983?
3. To which of the researchers' objects are finches always attracted?
4. Which type of fish is discussed at length in Chapter 6?
5. How much rain fell on the day the severe drought ended, as mentioned in Chapter 5?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)