|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is "the greatest authority on plants of the Galapagos"?
(a) Ian Abbott.
(b) Peter Boag.
(c) Duncan Porter.
(d) David Lack.
2. What is the name of the village on Santa Cruz?
(a) Puerto Ayora.
(c) Puerto Vallarta.
(d) Rapa Nui.
3. Which type of fish is discussed at length in Chapter 6?
4. Weiner compares the Cactus finch to whom in the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) The Pittsburgh Penguins.
(b) Plains Indians.
(c) The faculty of the University of Michigan.
(d) The Pilgrims.
5. In what year was the Charles Darwin Research Station founded?
6. Where do the Grants work in the United States?
(a) The Ohio State University.
(b) Yale University.
(d) Princeton University.
7. Chapter 8 mentions that Peter has to deliver a lecture in which country?
8. Where did John Endler build his experimental ponds?
(a) University of Michigan.
(b) Princeton University.
(c) University of Manitoba.
(d) Yale University.
9. In what year did the Grants' team first notice the finches' hybrid breeding?
10. What color is the beak of a finch that is about to mate?
11. Whose "Thinking Path" is described in Chapter 9?
(b) Peter Grant's.
(c) David Lack's.
(d) John Milton's.
12. How long was the "Thinking Path"?
(a) 1 mile.
(b) 2 miles.
(c) .25 miles.
(d) .5 miles.
13. In Chapter 6, what does Weiner compare to a Petri dish?
(a) New York City.
(b) Daphne Major.
14. What was the name of the captain of Darwin's ship?
15. What color "indicates age and experience" in the male finches' feathers?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did the Grants first go to the Galapagos?
2. As mentioned in Chapter 5, which book did Laurene Ratcliffe read while waiting for rain on Daphne Major?
3. What Galapagos island is mentioned in the first sentence of Chapter 1?
4. Which are the "fittest finches on the island," as discussed in Chapter 8?
5. According to Weiner, the woodpecker's beak is similar to what tool?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)