|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 6, what does Weiner compare to a Petri dish?
(a) Daphne Major.
(d) New York City.
2. Who is quoted in the opening of Chapter 6?
(a) William Shakespeare.
(b) Joseph Hooker.
(c) John Donne.
(d) Thomas Henry Huxley.
3. What is the name of the animal resulting from the cross between a male horse and a female donkey?
(a) Miniature horse.
4. To which of the researchers' objects are finches always attracted?
(c) A bucket of water.
(d) The trash can.
5. As discussed in Chapter 4, which of the finches' traits did Peter Boag study for his thesis?
(b) Resistance to disease.
(c) Tarsus length.
(d) Survival mechanisms.
6. How many species of finch live in the Galapagos Islands?
7. In what year was the Charles Darwin Research Station founded?
8. In what year did the Grants' team first notice the finches' hybrid breeding?
9. Where does Jamie Smith study sparrows?
(a) British Columbia.
10. What caused the heavy rains in December 1982?
(a) Unusually cold weather.
(b) El Niño.
(c) A typhoon.
(d) Global warming.
11. What normally causes the finches not to eat Chamaesyce?
(a) Its hardness.
(b) Its furry exterior.
(c) Its latex substance.
(d) Its thorns.
12. How much rain fell on the day the severe drought ended, as mentioned in Chapter 5?
(a) Thirty millimeters.
(b) One inch.
(c) Two inches.
(d) Fifty millimeters.
13. How many plants grew in Darwin's cup of dirt?
14. At what university did Lisle Gibbs study?
(a) Ohio State University.
(b) University of Michigan.
(c) Washington University of St. Louis.
(d) Princeton University.
15. From what bird do the vampire finches drink blood?
(c) Passenger pigeons.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which weed does Chapter 4 discuss in detail?
2. What color is the beak of a finch that is about to mate?
3. What was the name of Darwin's grandfather?
4. What do the iguanas in the Galapagos eat?
5. Which famous writer went to Christ's College before Darwin?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)