Short Answer Key
Part 1, Chapter 1
1. What Galapagos island is mentioned in the first sentence of Chapter 1?
2. How much rain has fallen on the island in the past forty-four months?
1/5 of an inch.
3. How long have the Grants been conducting research on this island?
4. With what does Rosemary bait the finch traps?
5. What is the nickname by which Peter calls the finch in Chapter 1?
6. What part of the finch is the tarsus?
7. What color is the beak of a finch that is about to mate?
8. How old are the oldest finches on the island?
13 years old.
9. From how far away do the Grants take photographs of the finches for their research?
10. What type of animal was the Eohippus (or the Hyracotherium)?
11. Approximately how...
This section contains 2,197 words|
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)