|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many E. coli bacteria can grow from one bacterium within eight hours?
(c) 10 million.
(d) 20 million.
2. Who draws a chart at the end of Chapter 14?
(a) Trevor Price.
(b) Peter Boag and Laurene Ratcliffe.
(c) Martin Taylor.
(d) Peter and Rosemary.
3. Who developed the "principle of divergence"?
(b) Trevor Price.
(c) David Lack.
(d) Carolus Linnaeus.
4. As witnessed by Hermon Carey Bumpus, which birds died en masse after a blizzard?
(a) English sparrows.
5. What is the name of the mutant gene that helps flies resist DDT?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did Darwin study barnacles?
2. Which year was the dry year that is discussed in Chapter 5?
3. What is the name of the animal resulting from the cross between a male horse and a female donkey?
4. Who has deeply studied the history of studying evolution in the Galapagos Islands?
5. As related at the end of Chapter 3, which person sustained an injury from the barnacles on Daphne Major?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)