|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is quoted in the opening of Chapter 6?
(a) Joseph Hooker.
(b) John Donne.
(c) William Shakespeare.
(d) Thomas Henry Huxley.
2. In the dry year, how much bigger was the beak of a surviving finch than that of a dead finch?
(a) Half a millimeter.
(b) One millimeter.
(c) Three millimeters.
(d) Two millimeters.
3. How many E. coli bacteria can grow from one bacterium within eight hours?
(a) 20 million.
(d) 10 million.
4. What is the name of the animal resulting from the cross between a male horse and a female donkey?
(d) Miniature horse.
5. What does the illustration in The Origin of Species depict?
(a) A mockingbird.
(b) London Bridge.
(c) An iguana.
(d) The "tree of life."
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of bird is the Crossbill?
2. In what book does Darwin discuss "sexual selection"?
3. What animal does Weiner describe as having "the body plan of a volcano"?
4. In chapter 16, Weiner compares evolutionists to characters in which classic story?
5. Which Babylonian king "saw the writing on the wall"?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)