|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Cactus finches build their nest to protect themselves from which animal?
2. What was the name of Darwin's grandfather?
3. Which animal did the evolutionist David Lack not consider when formulating his ideas, as mentioned in Chapter 4?
4. What does Weiner compare to the "flaming sword at the gates of Eden"?
(a) Natural selection.
(b) El Niño.
(c) The principle of divergence.
(d) Sexual selection.
5. Where did Darwin find the finch Magnirostris magnirostris?
(a) San Cristóbal.
(c) Santa Cruz.
Short Answer Questions
1. Weiner compares the finches' hunt for seeds to which human food?
2. Which animal did one finch attack during the dry year?
3. To which of the researchers' objects are finches always attracted?
4. What color was the moth Biston betularia in the early 1800s?
5. How many times has the environment changed as rapidly as in the 20th century?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)