|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who argued against the principle of divergence using the phrase "the Ghost of Competition Past"?
(a) Peter Boag.
(c) Joseph Connell.
(d) David Lack.
2. How many mating songs does each species of finch have?
3. What is the name of the animal resulting from the cross between a male horse and a female donkey?
(a) Miniature horse.
4. What does the illustration in The Origin of Species depict?
(a) London Bridge.
(b) A mockingbird.
(c) An iguana.
(d) The "tree of life."
5. Weiner compares the Cactus finch to whom in the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) The faculty of the University of Michigan.
(b) The Pilgrims.
(c) The Pittsburgh Penguins.
(d) Plains Indians.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who draws a chart at the end of Chapter 14?
2. When did the ancestors of humans start to walk?
3. What organization did Tjitte de Vries direct?
4. In what month do cacti on Daphne Major start to bloom?
5. How many species of finch are there in Hawaii?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)