|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not a predator mentioned in Chapter 6?
(a) Rivulus hartii.
2. What was the name of Darwin's grandfather?
3. As mentioned in Chapter 5, which book did Laurene Ratcliffe read while waiting for rain on Daphne Major?
(a) The Agony and the Ecstasy.
(b) The Sound and the Fury.
(c) A Streetcar Named Desire.
(d) Waiting for Godot.
4. What does the Latin word "reticulum" mean?
5. Which playwright does Weiner quote at the end of Chapter 4?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who developed the "principle of divergence"?
2. What animal does Scott Carroll study?
3. Weiner compares the finches' hunt for seeds to which human food?
4. What is the nickname by which Peter calls the finch in Chapter 1?
5. When did the ancestors of humans start to walk?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)