|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many sparrows survived the first population crash that Jamie Smith studied?
2. What type of computer does Rosemary use?
(a) Hewlett Packard.
3. What is the name of the building where Peter and Rosemary have their offices?
(a) Darwin Center of Science.
(b) Eno Hall.
(c) Baker Hall.
(d) Ezell Laboratories.
4. What is the painting called that Henry Stacy Marks created?
(a) The Birdwatcher's Evening.
(c) Experiments in Ornithology.
(d) Science Is Measurement.
5. Which classic work of literature did Darwin take with him on his trip to the Galapagos Islands?
(b) Paradise Lost.
(c) The Divine Comedy.
Short Answer Questions
1. As mentioned in Chapter 5, which book did Laurene Ratcliffe read while waiting for rain on Daphne Major?
2. What was the name of Darwin's grandfather?
3. In Chapter 5, to which mythical figure does Weiner compare the finches?
4. For what university did the drosophilists discussed in Chapter 12 work?
5. What type of bird suffered on Genovesa during the rains of 1982-83?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)