|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which classic work of literature did Darwin take with him on his trip to the Galapagos Islands?
(c) The Divine Comedy.
(d) Paradise Lost.
2. Weiner compares the finches' hunt for seeds to which human food?
(b) Potato chips.
3. In what year was the Charles Darwin Research Station founded?
4. How many times has the environment changed as rapidly as in the 20th century?
5. On which island in the Galapagos archipelago did Darwin land first?
(b) San Cristóbal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is speaking in the first sentence of Chapter 9?
2. How many populations of finches did the Grants study during their first year in the Galapagos?
3. According to Ernst Mayr, what animal has "specialized in despecialization"?
4. What part of the finch is the tarsus?
5. The Grants' research is compared to which novel?
This section contains 156 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)