|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the instrument the Grants use to measure the hardness of the seeds the finches eat?
(a) The McGill barometer.
(b) The Princeton omni-tool.
(c) The McGill nutcracker.
2. What caused the heavy rains in December 1982?
(a) Unusually cold weather.
(b) El Niño.
(c) Global warming.
(d) A typhoon.
3. Which biologist thought of Darwin's finches as "not separate species at all, but 'hybrid swarms'"?
(a) David Lack.
(b) Percy R. Lowe.
(c) Peter Boag.
(d) Jamie Smith.
4. From where does Martin Taylor collect his moth specimens?
(a) The East Coast.
(b) The Pacific Northwest.
(c) The Midwest.
(d) The Bible Belt.
5. The Grants' research is compared to which novel?
(a) Anna Karenina.
(b) Jane Eyre.
(c) War and Peace.
(d) Great Expectations.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times did Number 3425 breed in 1983?
2. In Chapter 6, what does Weiner compare to a Petri dish?
3. What plants did the Grants find growing on Nuñez?
4. How many species of finch live in the Galapagos Islands?
5. In what year was the Charles Darwin Research Station founded?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)