|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many plants grew in Darwin's cup of dirt?
2. Who analyzed the finch data from the 1970s using partial regression analysis?
(a) Peter Boag.
(b) Rosemary Grant.
(c) Trevor Price.
(d) Ian Abbott.
3. Who wrote the book Natural Selection in the Wild?
(a) Peter Grant.
(b) Charles Darwin.
(c) David Lack.
(d) John Endler.
4. What do the Grants keep in the freezer in the "sub-subbasement'?
(b) Blood samples.
(c) Ice core samples.
5. Who, when observing Darwin's finches in museums, noticed the many differences in the birds' beaks?
(a) David Lack.
(b) William Paley.
(c) Osbert Salvin.
(d) Percy R. Lowe.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Chapter 5 ends, Weiner mentions which food that Darwin ate in the Galapagos?
2. Which classic work of literature did Darwin take with him on his trip to the Galapagos Islands?
3. What type of bird is the Crossbill?
4. In the first paragraph of Chapter 11, Darwin is discussing the hybridization of which animal?
5. How long did it take flies to develop resistance to the "resistance-proof" pesticides introduced in 1967?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)