|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color was the moth Biston betularia in the early 1800s?
(c) Bluish green.
2. Who gave the lecture "The Demonstrative Evidence of Evolution"?
(a) Thomas Henry Huxley.
(b) David Lack.
(c) William Paley.
(d) Charles Darwin.
3. Approximately how many species of birds are there in the world?
4. What part of the finch is the tarsus?
5. What book is quoted at the beginning of Chapter 15?
(d) The Iliad.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the dry year, how much bigger was the beak of a surviving finch than that of a dead finch?
2. In what month do cacti on Daphne Major start to bloom?
3. Whom did Darwin commission to breed unusual combinations of pigeons?
4. What is the nickname by which Peter calls the finch in Chapter 1?
5. Who wrote the article on global warming that is discussed in Chapter 18?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)