|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color was the moth Biston betularia in the early 1800s?
(a) Bluish green.
2. Who is studying the Sticklebacks?
(a) Peter Boag.
(b) Dolph Schluter.
(c) Trevor Price.
(d) Chris Chaplin.
3. Who is speaking in the first sentence of Chapter 9?
(a) Peter Grant.
(d) Trevor Price.
4. Where is Anvers Island?
(a) In the South Pacific.
(b) Near the British Isles.
(c) In the Antarctic.
(d) In the Baltic.
5. What normally causes the finches not to eat Chamaesyce?
(a) Its furry exterior.
(b) Its latex substance.
(c) Its hardness.
(d) Its thorns.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the nickname by which Peter calls the finch in Chapter 1?
2. What does an old woman in Puerto Ayora eat to avenge herself against the finches?
3. Cactus finches build their nest to protect themselves from which animal?
4. What animal does the Hawaiian Drosophila Project study?
5. In chapter 6, Weiner compares evolution to the motion of which object?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)