|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As mentioned in Chapter 16, Darwin states that which bird landed on his water pitcher?
2. Who devised the idea of "adaptive landscapes"?
(a) Ian Abbott.
(b) Phillip Gingerich.
(c) Trevor Price.
(d) Sewall Wright.
3. Who wrote the book Natural Selection in the Wild?
(a) Charles Darwin.
(b) John Endler.
(c) David Lack.
(d) Peter Grant.
4. In the first paragraph of Chapter 11, Darwin is discussing the hybridization of which animal?
5. Who devised the metaphor of the watch and the watchmaker?
(a) William Paley.
(c) William Shakespeare.
(d) Joseph Hooker.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who named one finch species "Geospiza incerta," which, according to Weiner, means "ground finch, I guess"?
2. In what state did Benjamin Walsh build his homestead?
3. Which famous writer went to Christ's College before Darwin?
4. At what university did Lisle Gibbs study?
5. Which animal did one finch attack during the dry year?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)