|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helped Jamie Smith analyze his data on sparrows?
(a) Dolph Schluter.
(b) Peter Boag.
(c) Ian Abbott.
(d) Peter Grant.
2. Who devised the idea of "adaptive landscapes"?
(a) Trevor Price.
(b) Ian Abbott.
(c) Phillip Gingerich.
(d) Sewall Wright.
3. From how far away do the Grants take photographs of the finches for their research?
(a) 27 centimeters.
(b) 91 centimeters.
(c) 1 meter.
(d) 53 centimeters.
4. Who wrote the book Natural Selection in the Wild?
(a) Charles Darwin.
(b) Peter Grant.
(c) David Lack.
(d) John Endler.
5. What book did Darwin call his "Big Book"?
(b) The Origin of Species.
(c) The Voyage of the Beagle.
(d) War and Peace.
Short Answer Questions
1. Weiner states in Chapter 14 that the finches are like which work of art?
2. Who devised the metaphor of the watch and the watchmaker?
3. What type of bird suffered on Genovesa during the rains of 1982-83?
4. What is "one of the greatest remaining mysteries in biology," according to Weiner?
5. In what book does Darwin discuss "sexual selection"?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)