|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the first person who could recognize all the finches on Daphne Major?
(a) Trevor Price.
(b) Ian Abbott.
(c) Rosemary Grant.
(d) Nicola Grant.
2. Whose "Thinking Path" is described in Chapter 9?
(a) John Milton's.
(b) David Lack's.
(c) Peter Grant's.
3. What do the Grants keep in the freezer in the "sub-subbasement'?
(b) Ice core samples.
(d) Blood samples.
4. What animals did Darwin call "imps of darkness"?
(c) Sea lions.
5. Weiner compares the Cactus finch to whom in the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) The faculty of the University of Michigan.
(b) Plains Indians.
(c) The Pittsburgh Penguins.
(d) The Pilgrims.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who argued against the principle of divergence using the phrase "the Ghost of Competition Past"?
2. Who created the concept of the "darwin"?
3. Who is speaking in the first sentence of Chapter 9?
4. What type of computer does Rosemary use?
5. Which biologist thought of Darwin's finches as "not separate species at all, but 'hybrid swarms'"?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)