|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote the book Natural Selection in the Wild?
(a) John Endler.
(b) Peter Grant.
(c) David Lack.
(d) Charles Darwin.
2. What book did Darwin call his "Big Book"?
(a) The Voyage of the Beagle.
(b) The Origin of Species.
(c) War and Peace.
3. What is the name of the librarian of the Charles Darwin Research Station?
(a) Dorothy Sayers.
(b) Ginger Jones.
(c) Doris Jackson.
(d) Gayle Davies.
4. How much rain fell in the driest year on Daphne Major?
(a) 5 meters.
(b) 70 millimeters.
(d) 6 millimeters.
5. Which famous writer went to Christ's College before Darwin?
(a) Robert Louis Stevenson.
(b) William Shakespeare.
(c) John Milton.
(d) Daniel Defoe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the captain of Darwin's ship?
2. Who named one finch species "Geospiza incerta," which, according to Weiner, means "ground finch, I guess"?
3. Which playwright does Weiner quote at the end of Chapter 4?
4. In what month do cacti on Daphne Major start to bloom?
5. Which book is quoted at the beginning of Chapter 10?
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)