|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the illustration in The Origin of Species depict?
(a) An iguana.
(b) London Bridge.
(c) The "tree of life."
(d) A mockingbird.
2. Where did Peter Grant pursue his undergraduate degree?
(a) New York University.
(c) Cambridge University.
(d) Harvard University.
3. How long was the "Thinking Path"?
(a) 2 miles.
(b) .5 miles.
(c) .25 miles.
(d) 1 mile.
4. What does Weiner compare to the "flaming sword at the gates of Eden"?
(a) Natural selection.
(b) Sexual selection.
(c) The principle of divergence.
(d) El Niño.
5. Which type of fish is discussed at length in Chapter 6?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Difficilis on the Pinta eat?
2. As witnessed by Hermon Carey Bumpus, which birds died en masse after a blizzard?
3. How much rain fell in the driest year on Daphne Major?
4. As Rosemary relates, what sometimes causes a bamboo pole to become unexpectedly heavy as one carries it?
5. How long have the Grants been conducting research on this island?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)