|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the iguanas in the Galapagos eat?
(c) Croton seeds.
2. Whose A Short History of Biology "killed Darwin with kindness," according to Weiner?
(a) Peter Grant's.
(c) David Lack's.
(d) Percy Bysshe Shelley's.
3. Which of the following is not a predator mentioned in Chapter 6?
(c) Rivulus hartii.
4. What type of bird suffered on Genovesa during the rains of 1982-83?
5. How long did Darwin study barnacles?
(a) 7 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 25 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is "the greatest authority on plants of the Galapagos"?
2. Who wrote the book The Blind Watchmaker?
3. Who was Trevor Price's assistant in the Galapagos?
4. Weiner compares the Cactus finch to whom in the beginning of Chapter 2?
5. What caused the heavy rains in December 1982?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)