|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What caused the heavy rains in December 1982?
(a) Unusually cold weather.
(b) A typhoon.
(c) El Niño.
(d) Global warming.
2. Which type of fish is discussed at length in Chapter 6?
3. What does an old woman in Puerto Ayora eat to avenge herself against the finches?
(a) Cacabus seeds.
(b) Rotisserie finch.
(c) Finch soup.
(d) Tribulus seeds.
4. Of whom does Peter Grant keep newspaper photos on his office door?
(a) A bagpipe player.
(b) Charles Darwin.
(d) Nicola Grant.
5. Which book is quoted at the beginning of Chapter 10?
(c) The Odyssey.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Difficilis on the Pinta eat?
2. In what book does Darwin discuss "sexual selection"?
3. What Galapagos island is mentioned in the first sentence of Chapter 1?
4. How many plants grew in Darwin's cup of dirt?
5. Which animal did one finch attack during the dry year?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)