|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose A Short History of Biology "killed Darwin with kindness," according to Weiner?
(a) Percy Bysshe Shelley's.
(c) Peter Grant's.
(d) David Lack's.
2. How long did Darwin study barnacles?
(a) 7 years.
(b) 25 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 6 months.
3. What is the name of the librarian of the Charles Darwin Research Station?
(a) Gayle Davies.
(b) Doris Jackson.
(c) Ginger Jones.
(d) Dorothy Sayers.
4. Who was Peter Grant's last teacher?
(a) Peter Boag.
(b) David Lack.
(c) G. Evelyn Hutchinson.
(d) Carolus Linnaeus.
5. At what university did Lisle Gibbs study?
(a) Ohio State University.
(b) Washington University of St. Louis.
(c) Princeton University.
(d) University of Michigan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which classic work of literature did Darwin take with him on his trip to the Galapagos Islands?
2. How many eggs did the best-breeding finch lay in the rainy season?
3. In Chapter 5, to which mythical figure does Weiner compare the finches?
4. Which type of animal in the Galapagos has one alpha male that mates with many females?
5. How many mating songs does each species of finch have?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)