|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What book is quoted at the beginning of Chapter 15?
(c) The Iliad.
2. What is different from farm to farm in the Mississippi Delta?
(a) Mosquito density.
(b) Crop circles.
3. In what year did the Grants first go to the Galapagos?
4. Where did Darwin pick up the second volume of Principles of Geology?
(b) Buenos Aires.
5. Whose "Thinking Path" is described in Chapter 9?
(a) Peter Grant's.
(c) John Milton's.
(d) David Lack's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which Greek philosopher is quoted at the end of Chapter 13?
2. Which type of animal in the Galapagos has one alpha male that mates with many females?
3. Who devised the idea of "adaptive landscapes"?
4. As Chapter 5 ends, Weiner mentions which food that Darwin ate in the Galapagos?
5. What animal does the Hawaiian Drosophila Project study?
This section contains 156 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)