|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As discussed in Chapter 4, which of the finches' traits did Peter Boag study for his thesis?
(a) Tarsus length.
(b) Survival mechanisms.
(d) Resistance to disease.
2. Where did John Endler build his experimental ponds?
(a) Princeton University.
(b) University of Manitoba.
(c) Yale University.
(d) University of Michigan.
3. Where does Jamie Smith study sparrows?
(b) British Columbia.
4. What does the Latin word "reticulum" mean?
5. In chapter 16, Weiner compares evolutionists to characters in which classic story?
(a) Donnie Darko.
(c) Gulliver's Travels.
(d) A Christmas Carol.
Short Answer Questions
1. What organism did Darwin's colleague Joseph Hooker study?
2. From what bird do the vampire finches drink blood?
3. Who made the statement about Cleopatra's nose that is quoted in Chapter 11?
4. How many species of Cichlid live in Lake Victoria?
5. What animal does Scott Carroll study?
This section contains 155 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)