|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year was the Charles Darwin Research Station founded?
2. What animals did Darwin call "imps of darkness"?
(a) Sea lions.
3. Which animal did one finch attack during the dry year?
(a) A mockingbird.
(b) A hawk.
(c) A black lizard.
(d) A sea lion.
4. How many times did the Croton trees bloom in the rains of 1982-83?
5. How long was the "Thinking Path"?
(a) 2 miles.
(b) .25 miles.
(c) 1 mile.
(d) .5 miles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which year was the dry year that is discussed in Chapter 5?
2. In the first paragraph of Chapter 11, Darwin is discussing the hybridization of which animal?
3. Which type of animal in the Galapagos has one alpha male that mates with many females?
4. Who wrote the book Natural Selection in the Wild?
5. How many genera of plants did Darwin's friend find in a "small fallow field in Kent"?
This section contains 149 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)