|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who devised the metaphor of the watch and the watchmaker?
(b) Joseph Hooker.
(c) William Paley.
(d) William Shakespeare.
2. What type of bird is the Crossbill?
3. What is the name of the building where Peter and Rosemary have their offices?
(a) Ezell Laboratories.
(b) Baker Hall.
(c) Darwin Center of Science.
(d) Eno Hall.
4. Who is "the greatest authority on plants of the Galapagos"?
(a) Ian Abbott.
(b) Duncan Porter.
(c) David Lack.
(d) Peter Boag.
5. What is different from farm to farm in the Mississippi Delta?
(b) Crop circles.
(d) Mosquito density.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year was the Charles Darwin Research Station founded?
2. What does the Latin word "specere" mean?
3. What unusual seed did the Grants find on Genovesa after El Niño?
4. As Chapter 5 ends, Weiner mentions which food that Darwin ate in the Galapagos?
5. What does the illustration in The Origin of Species depict?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)