|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the animal resulting from the cross between a male horse and a female donkey?
(c) Miniature horse.
2. Which playwright does Weiner quote at the end of Chapter 4?
3. Who gave the lecture "The Demonstrative Evidence of Evolution"?
(a) David Lack.
(b) William Paley.
(c) Charles Darwin.
(d) Thomas Henry Huxley.
4. In what state did Benjamin Walsh build his homestead?
(c) West Virginia.
5. As described at the end of Chapter 6, for what were Trevor Price and Lisle Gibbs waiting?
(b) A bus.
(d) The dry season.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many mating songs does each species of finch have?
2. On which island do humans not normally live?
3. As of the time of Rosemary's interview in Chapter 8, how many finches were not banded on Daphne Major?
4. Which type of animal in the Galapagos has one alpha male that mates with many females?
5. Whose appearance is described at the beginning of Chapter 8?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)