|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of the finch is the tarsus?
2. What organism did Darwin's colleague Joseph Hooker study?
(a) Bracket fungi.
(c) Sea cucumbers.
3. What is the painting called that Henry Stacy Marks created?
(a) Science Is Measurement.
(b) The Birdwatcher's Evening.
(d) Experiments in Ornithology.
4. Approximately how many species of plants exist in the Galapagos?
5. Whose "Thinking Path" is described in Chapter 9?
(a) David Lack's.
(b) John Milton's.
(d) Peter Grant's.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Chapter 5 ends, Weiner mentions which food that Darwin ate in the Galapagos?
2. How many genera of plants did Darwin's friend find in a "small fallow field in Kent"?
3. In chapter 15, Weiner discusses the growth of which microbe in a Petri dish?
4. Who gave the lecture "The Demonstrative Evidence of Evolution"?
5. From what bird do the vampire finches drink blood?
This section contains 154 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)