|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Chapter 5 ends, Weiner mentions which food that Darwin ate in the Galapagos?
2. Who draws a chart at the end of Chapter 14?
(a) Martin Taylor.
(b) Trevor Price.
(c) Peter Boag and Laurene Ratcliffe.
(d) Peter and Rosemary.
3. What does an old woman in Puerto Ayora eat to avenge herself against the finches?
(a) Tribulus seeds.
(b) Finch soup.
(c) Cacabus seeds.
(d) Rotisserie finch.
4. Who gave the lecture "The Demonstrative Evidence of Evolution"?
(a) William Paley.
(b) Charles Darwin.
(c) David Lack.
(d) Thomas Henry Huxley.
5. Who helped Jamie Smith analyze his data on sparrows?
(a) Peter Grant.
(b) Ian Abbott.
(c) Peter Boag.
(d) Dolph Schluter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Weiner states in Chapter 14 that the finches are like which work of art?
2. Who has deeply studied the history of studying evolution in the Galapagos Islands?
3. Who is quoted in the opening of Chapter 6?
4. What unusual seed did the Grants find on Genovesa after El Niño?
5. Who devised the metaphor of the watch and the watchmaker?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)