|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which type of fish is discussed at length in Chapter 6?
2. How many eggs did the best-breeding finch lay in the rainy season?
3. As Chapter 5 ends, Weiner mentions which food that Darwin ate in the Galapagos?
4. Which weed does Chapter 4 discuss in detail?
(b) Lemon grass.
5. Which animal did Lewontin and Birch study?
(c) Fruit fly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Latin word "reticulum" mean?
2. With what does Rosemary bait the finch traps?
3. Where did John Endler build his experimental ponds?
4. What color "indicates age and experience" in the male finches' feathers?
5. As witnessed by Hermon Carey Bumpus, which birds died en masse after a blizzard?
This section contains 143 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)