|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose A Short History of Biology "killed Darwin with kindness," according to Weiner?
(a) Percy Bysshe Shelley's.
(b) Peter Grant's.
(c) David Lack's.
2. What unusual seed did the Grants find on Genovesa after El Niño?
(a) Poison apple.
(b) Wild grape.
3. Who developed the "principle of divergence"?
(a) Trevor Price.
(c) Carolus Linnaeus.
(d) David Lack.
4. In Chapter 5, to which mythical figure does Weiner compare the finches?
(a) The Sirens.
5. Weiner compares the finches' hunt for seeds to which human food?
(b) Potato chips.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the building where Peter and Rosemary have their offices?
2. The Grants' research is compared to which novel?
3. Weiner compares the Cactus finch to whom in the beginning of Chapter 2?
4. Who analyzed the finch data from the 1970s using partial regression analysis?
5. Which plant has dominated Daphne Major since the flood?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)