|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the building where Peter and Rosemary have their offices?
(a) Eno Hall.
(b) Darwin Center of Science.
(c) Baker Hall.
(d) Ezell Laboratories.
2. Which playwright does Weiner quote at the end of Chapter 4?
3. What was the name of Darwin's grandfather?
4. According to Weiner, the woodpecker's beak is similar to what tool?
5. What type of finch is Number 3425?
(a) Tree finch.
(b) Cactus finch.
(c) Ground finch.
Short Answer Questions
1. As witnessed by Hermon Carey Bumpus, which birds died en masse after a blizzard?
2. How much rain fell on the day the severe drought ended, as mentioned in Chapter 5?
3. What type of animal was the Eohippus (or the Hyracotherium)?
4. Which classic work of literature did Darwin take with him on his trip to the Galapagos Islands?
5. What is the nickname by which Peter calls the finch in Chapter 1?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)