|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom did Darwin commission to breed unusual combinations of pigeons?
(a) John Sewall.
(b) Lord Byron.
(c) Arthur Conan Doyle.
(d) Sir John Sebright.
2. In chapter 16, Weiner compares evolutionists to characters in which classic story?
(a) Donnie Darko.
(b) A Christmas Carol.
(c) Gulliver's Travels.
3. What does Weiner compare to the "flaming sword at the gates of Eden"?
(a) The principle of divergence.
(b) El Niño.
(c) Sexual selection.
(d) Natural selection.
4. What caused the heavy rains in December 1982?
(a) El Niño.
(b) A typhoon.
(c) Unusually cold weather.
(d) Global warming.
5. Who appears in Chapter 15 separating DNA in plastic bags?
(a) Peter Grant.
(b) Dolph Schluter.
(c) Peter Boag.
(d) Trevor Price.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color "indicates age and experience" in the male finches' feathers?
2. On which island do humans not normally live?
3. What does the illustration in The Origin of Species depict?
4. Who is quoted in the opening of Chapter 6?
5. With what does Rosemary bait the finch traps?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)