|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which animal did Lewontin and Birch study?
(d) Fruit fly.
2. As discussed in Chapter 4, which of the finches' traits did Peter Boag study for his thesis?
(a) Resistance to disease.
(c) Survival mechanisms.
(d) Tarsus length.
3. Which classic work of literature did Darwin take with him on his trip to the Galapagos Islands?
(b) The Divine Comedy.
(d) Paradise Lost.
4. What color "indicates age and experience" in the male finches' feathers?
5. How many times did Number 3425 breed in 1983?
Short Answer Questions
1. As Rosemary relates, what sometimes causes a bamboo pole to become unexpectedly heavy as one carries it?
2. To which of the researchers' objects are finches always attracted?
3. How many mating songs does each species of finch have?
4. Who wrote the book Natural Selection in the Wild?
5. What type of bird suffered on Genovesa during the rains of 1982-83?
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)