|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what bird do the vampire finches drink blood?
(b) Passenger pigeons.
2. In what book does Darwin discuss "sexual selection"?
(a) Journals and Remarks.
(b) Zoology of the Voyage of the H.M.S. Beagle.
(c) The Origin of Species.
(d) The Descent of Man.
3. As related at the end of Chapter 3, which person sustained an injury from the barnacles on Daphne Major?
(a) Ian Abbott.
(b) Peter Grant.
(c) Peter Boag.
(d) Lisle Gibbs.
4. Who argued against the principle of divergence using the phrase "the Ghost of Competition Past"?
(a) Joseph Connell.
(b) David Lack.
(d) Peter Boag.
5. What was the name of Darwin's grandfather?
Short Answer Questions
1. Weiner compares the Cactus finch to whom in the beginning of Chapter 2?
2. How long was the "Thinking Path"?
3. From how far away do the Grants take photographs of the finches for their research?
4. How many plants grew in Darwin's cup of dirt?
5. What book did Darwin call his "Big Book"?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)