|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Approximately how many species of plants exist in the Galapagos?
2. In what book does Darwin discuss "sexual selection"?
(a) The Origin of Species.
(b) Journals and Remarks.
(c) The Descent of Man.
(d) Zoology of the Voyage of the H.M.S. Beagle.
3. In the dry year, how much bigger was the beak of a surviving finch than that of a dead finch?
(a) Three millimeters.
(b) One millimeter.
(c) Two millimeters.
(d) Half a millimeter.
4. Which are the "fittest finches on the island," as discussed in Chapter 8?
(a) The fuliginosa.
(b) The scandens.
(c) The hybrids between the magnirostris and the fortis.
(d) The hybrids between the scandens and the fortis.
5. In Chapter 6, what does Weiner compare to a Petri dish?
(c) New York City.
(d) Daphne Major.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of computer does Rosemary use?
2. What color "indicates age and experience" in the male finches' feathers?
3. Who, when observing Darwin's finches in museums, noticed the many differences in the birds' beaks?
4. In how many portfolios did Charles Darwin store his field notes?
5. In what state did Benjamin Walsh build his homestead?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)