|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Rosemary spend her childhood?
(a) The Lake District.
2. Who was Trevor Price's assistant in the Galapagos?
(a) Carlos Nuñez.
(b) Laurene Ratcliffe.
(c) Tjitte de Vries.
(d) Spike Millington.
3. Which year was the dry year that is discussed in Chapter 5?
4. In chapter 15, Weiner discusses the growth of which microbe in a Petri dish?
(a) Ebola virus.
(b) E. coli.
5. As mentioned in Chapter 5, which book did Laurene Ratcliffe read while waiting for rain on Daphne Major?
(a) The Agony and the Ecstasy.
(b) Waiting for Godot.
(c) A Streetcar Named Desire.
(d) The Sound and the Fury.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is quoted in the opening of Chapter 6?
2. Who devised the metaphor of the watch and the watchmaker?
3. As Rosemary relates, what sometimes causes a bamboo pole to become unexpectedly heavy as one carries it?
4. Who appears in Chapter 15 separating DNA in plastic bags?
5. Who wrote the book Natural Selection in the Wild?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)