|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal does Weiner describe as having "the body plan of a volcano"?
2. How many genera of plants did Darwin's friend find in a "small fallow field in Kent"?
3. The Grants' research is compared to which novel?
(a) Jane Eyre.
(b) Anna Karenina.
(c) Great Expectations.
(d) War and Peace.
4. Who analyzed the finch data from the 1970s using partial regression analysis?
(a) Ian Abbott.
(b) Rosemary Grant.
(c) Trevor Price.
(d) Peter Boag.
5. Who was Peter Grant's last teacher?
(a) Peter Boag.
(b) David Lack.
(c) Carolus Linnaeus.
(d) G. Evelyn Hutchinson.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many sparrows survived the first population crash that Jamie Smith studied?
2. From what bird do the vampire finches drink blood?
3. Which biologist thought of Darwin's finches as "not separate species at all, but 'hybrid swarms'"?
4. Where does Jamie Smith study sparrows?
5. Who gave the lecture "The Demonstrative Evidence of Evolution"?
This section contains 164 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)