|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Crossbills eat?
(a) The seeds in pinecones.
2. What animal does the Hawaiian Drosophila Project study?
(a) Fruit flies.
(c) Fruit bats.
(d) Manta rays.
3. Which classic work of literature did Darwin take with him on his trip to the Galapagos Islands?
(b) Paradise Lost.
(d) The Divine Comedy.
4. What plants did the Grants find growing on Nuñez?
(a) Oak trees.
(c) Flame trees.
(d) Green beans.
5. What part of the finch is the tarsus?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Weiner compare to the "flaming sword at the gates of Eden"?
2. How many species of Cichlid live in Lake Victoria?
3. What animal does Weiner describe as having "the body plan of a volcano"?
4. From what bird do the vampire finches drink blood?
5. Where did Peter Grant pursue his undergraduate degree?
This section contains 159 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)