|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What caused the heavy rains in December 1982?
(a) Global warming.
(b) Unusually cold weather.
(c) El Niño.
(d) A typhoon.
2. As of the time of Rosemary's interview in Chapter 8, how many finches were not banded on Daphne Major?
3. Weiner states in Chapter 14 that the finches are like which work of art?
(d) Michelangelo's Prisoners.
4. What is the name of the building where Peter and Rosemary have their offices?
(a) Baker Hall.
(b) Ezell Laboratories.
(c) Eno Hall.
(d) Darwin Center of Science.
5. Whose "Thinking Path" is described in Chapter 9?
(a) John Milton's.
(b) Peter Grant's.
(c) David Lack's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of animal was the Eohippus (or the Hyracotherium)?
2. According to chapter 9, what percentage of the birds on Darwin's property were killed in the cold weather?
3. Which animal did the evolutionist David Lack not consider when formulating his ideas, as mentioned in Chapter 4?
4. What is different from farm to farm in the Mississippi Delta?
5. Who is studying the Sticklebacks?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)