|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is speaking in the first sentence of Chapter 9?
(b) Peter Grant.
(c) Trevor Price.
2. In Chapter 5, to which mythical figure does Weiner compare the finches?
(c) The Sirens.
3. What type of animal was the Eohippus (or the Hyracotherium)?
4. Whose "Thinking Path" is described in Chapter 9?
(a) Peter Grant's.
(b) David Lack's.
(c) John Milton's.
5. What is the painting called that Henry Stacy Marks created?
(a) Science Is Measurement.
(b) Experiments in Ornithology.
(d) The Birdwatcher's Evening.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which type of animal in the Galapagos has one alpha male that mates with many females?
2. Approximately how many species of plants exist in the Galapagos?
3. Who is "the greatest authority on plants of the Galapagos"?
4. What type of bird is the Crossbill?
5. Which famous writer went to Christ's College before Darwin?
This section contains 157 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)