|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many species of finch live in the Galapagos Islands?
2. What does the Latin word "reticulum" mean?
3. As related at the end of Chapter 3, which person sustained an injury from the barnacles on Daphne Major?
(a) Peter Grant.
(b) Peter Boag.
(c) Lisle Gibbs.
(d) Ian Abbott.
4. Who made the statement about Cleopatra's nose that is quoted in Chapter 11?
(a) Isaac Newton.
5. What does the Latin word "specere" mean?
(a) To specify.
(b) To be speckled.
(c) To sing.
(d) To see.
Short Answer Questions
1. What normally causes the finches not to eat Chamaesyce?
2. Which animal did one finch attack during the dry year?
3. Which playwright does Weiner quote at the end of Chapter 4?
4. Who draws a chart at the end of Chapter 14?
5. Approximately how many species of plants exist in the Galapagos?
This section contains 164 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)