|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times did the Croton trees bloom in the rains of 1982-83?
2. Where did John Endler build his experimental ponds?
(a) Yale University.
(b) University of Michigan.
(c) Princeton University.
(d) University of Manitoba.
3. Chapter 8 mentions that Peter has to deliver a lecture in which country?
4. Who is studying the Sticklebacks?
(a) Peter Boag.
(b) Trevor Price.
(c) Dolph Schluter.
(d) Chris Chaplin.
5. What is the nickname by which Peter calls the finch in Chapter 1?
(b) Famous Bird.
(c) Oolong Oolong.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Latin word "reticulum" mean?
2. As of the time of Rosemary's interview in Chapter 8, how many finches were not banded on Daphne Major?
3. What Galapagos island is mentioned in the first sentence of Chapter 1?
4. Whose appearance is described at the beginning of Chapter 8?
5. Which Greek philosopher is quoted at the end of Chapter 13?
This section contains 155 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)