|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which playwright does Weiner quote at the end of Chapter 4?
2. Chapter 8 mentions that Peter has to deliver a lecture in which country?
3. How many genera of plants did Darwin's friend find in a "small fallow field in Kent"?
4. In Chapter 5, to which mythical figure does Weiner compare the finches?
(a) The Sirens.
5. Which famous writer went to Christ's College before Darwin?
(a) John Milton.
(b) William Shakespeare.
(c) Daniel Defoe.
(d) Robert Louis Stevenson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Galapagos island is mentioned in the first sentence of Chapter 1?
2. How many times did the Croton trees bloom in the rains of 1982-83?
3. With what does Rosemary bait the finch traps?
4. Cactus finches build their nest to protect themselves from which animal?
5. In chapter 6, Weiner compares evolution to the motion of which object?
This section contains 159 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)