|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Weiner compares the finches' hunt for seeds to which human food?
(c) Potato chips.
2. What is the name of the village on Santa Cruz?
(b) Rapa Nui.
(c) Puerto Vallarta.
(d) Puerto Ayora.
3. In what year did the Grants first go to the Galapagos?
4. Approximately how many species of plants exist in the Galapagos?
5. What do Crossbills eat?
(b) The seeds in pinecones.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the beak of a finch that is about to mate?
2. Where did Rosemary spend her childhood?
3. Where did Peter Grant pursue his undergraduate degree?
4. Whose appearance is described at the beginning of Chapter 8?
5. Which scientist is mentioned in Chapter 14 as strongly advocating the need for measurement in science?
This section contains 150 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)