|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the first paragraph of Chapter 11, Darwin is discussing the hybridization of which animal?
2. How many populations of finches did the Grants study during their first year in the Galapagos?
3. Cactus finches build their nest to protect themselves from which animal?
4. From what bird do the vampire finches drink blood?
(a) Passenger pigeons.
5. How many genera of plants did Darwin's friend find in a "small fallow field in Kent"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of bird suffered on Genovesa during the rains of 1982-83?
2. How long have the Grants been conducting research on this island?
3. Which famous writer went to Christ's College before Darwin?
4. In the dry year, how much bigger was the beak of a surviving finch than that of a dead finch?
5. Which classic work of literature did Darwin take with him on his trip to the Galapagos Islands?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)