|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which weed does Chapter 4 discuss in detail?
(c) Lemon grass.
2. Where does Jamie Smith study sparrows?
(b) British Columbia.
3. Who was Peter Grant's last teacher?
(a) Peter Boag.
(b) Carolus Linnaeus.
(c) G. Evelyn Hutchinson.
(d) David Lack.
4. How much rain fell on the day the severe drought ended, as mentioned in Chapter 5?
(a) One inch.
(b) Fifty millimeters.
(c) Two inches.
(d) Thirty millimeters.
5. What caused the heavy rains in December 1982?
(a) El Niño.
(b) A typhoon.
(c) Unusually cold weather.
(d) Global warming.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which Greek philosopher is quoted at the end of Chapter 13?
2. What is the name of the instrument the Grants use to measure the hardness of the seeds the finches eat?
3. Which biologist thought of Darwin's finches as "not separate species at all, but 'hybrid swarms'"?
4. How many genera of plants did Darwin's friend find in a "small fallow field in Kent"?
5. Who argued against the principle of divergence using the phrase "the Ghost of Competition Past"?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)