|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose appearance is described at the beginning of Chapter 8?
(a) Laurene Ratcliffe.
(b) Ian Abbott.
(c) Rosemary Grant.
(d) Peter Boag.
2. How many sparrows survived the first population crash that Jamie Smith studied?
3. How many species of Cichlid live in Lake Victoria?
4. What does the Latin word "reticulum" mean?
5. According to chapter 9, what percentage of the birds on Darwin's property were killed in the cold weather?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many species of finch are there in Hawaii?
2. How many species of finch live in the Galapagos Islands?
3. Who made the statement about Cleopatra's nose that is quoted in Chapter 11?
4. Which animal did one finch attack during the dry year?
5. As Chapter 5 ends, Weiner mentions which food that Darwin ate in the Galapagos?
This section contains 139 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)