|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many populations of finches did the Grants study during their first year in the Galapagos?
2. Which of the following is not a predator mentioned in Chapter 6?
(a) Rivulus hartii.
3. Which playwright does Weiner quote at the end of Chapter 4?
4. How many species of finch live in the Galapagos Islands?
5. Who devised the idea of "adaptive landscapes"?
(a) Trevor Price.
(b) Phillip Gingerich.
(c) Ian Abbott.
(d) Sewall Wright.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of whom does Peter Grant keep newspaper photos on his office door?
2. From what bird do the vampire finches drink blood?
3. What does the Latin word "reticulum" mean?
4. How many genera of plants did Darwin's friend find in a "small fallow field in Kent"?
5. Who developed the "principle of divergence"?
This section contains 145 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)