|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what university did Lisle Gibbs study?
(a) Washington University of St. Louis.
(b) Princeton University.
(c) University of Michigan.
(d) Ohio State University.
2. Who has deeply studied the history of studying evolution in the Galapagos Islands?
(a) Peter Boag.
(b) William Hamilton.
(c) Frank J. Sulloway.
(d) David Anderson.
3. Whose A Short History of Biology "killed Darwin with kindness," according to Weiner?
(b) Percy Bysshe Shelley's.
(c) David Lack's.
(d) Peter Grant's.
4. Who helped Jamie Smith analyze his data on sparrows?
(a) Ian Abbott.
(b) Dolph Schluter.
(c) Peter Grant.
(d) Peter Boag.
5. What type of finch is Number 3425?
(b) Cactus finch.
(c) Tree finch.
(d) Ground finch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal does Weiner describe as having "the body plan of a volcano"?
2. Which famous writer went to Christ's College before Darwin?
3. As of the time of Rosemary's interview in Chapter 8, how many finches were not banded on Daphne Major?
4. Which biologist thought of Darwin's finches as "not separate species at all, but 'hybrid swarms'"?
5. What color "indicates age and experience" in the male finches' feathers?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)