|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who argued against the principle of divergence using the phrase "the Ghost of Competition Past"?
(b) Peter Boag.
(c) Joseph Connell.
(d) David Lack.
2. At what university did Lisle Gibbs study?
(a) Washington University of St. Louis.
(b) Ohio State University.
(c) Princeton University.
(d) University of Michigan.
3. Weiner states in Chapter 14 that the finches are like which work of art?
(c) Michelangelo's Prisoners.
4. What color "indicates age and experience" in the male finches' feathers?
5. Who gave the lecture "The Demonstrative Evidence of Evolution"?
(a) David Lack.
(b) William Paley.
(c) Charles Darwin.
(d) Thomas Henry Huxley.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose appearance is described at the beginning of Chapter 8?
2. Chapter 8 mentions that Peter has to deliver a lecture in which country?
3. What animals did Darwin call "imps of darkness"?
4. Which biologist thought of Darwin's finches as "not separate species at all, but 'hybrid swarms'"?
5. How many plants grew in Darwin's cup of dirt?
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)