|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Latin word "reticulum" mean?
2. What color "indicates age and experience" in the male finches' feathers?
3. What plants did the Grants find growing on Nuñez?
(a) Flame trees.
(b) Oak trees.
(c) Green beans.
4. What type of finch is Number 3425?
(b) Cactus finch.
(c) Tree finch.
(d) Ground finch.
5. For what university did the drosophilists discussed in Chapter 12 work?
(a) New York University.
(b) Harvard University.
(c) Rockefeller University.
(d) University of Michigan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Difficilis on the Pinta eat?
2. In Chapter 5, to which mythical figure does Weiner compare the finches?
3. How long have the Grants been conducting research on this island?
4. How many species of Ground finch are there in the Galapagos?
5. From what bird do the vampire finches drink blood?
This section contains 150 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)