|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Latin word "specere" mean?
(a) To sing.
(b) To see.
(c) To be speckled.
(d) To specify.
2. In chapter 6, Weiner compares evolution to the motion of which object?
(a) A volcano.
(b) A whirligig.
(c) A kaleidoscope.
(d) A Jackson Pollock painting.
3. What unusual seed did the Grants find on Genovesa after El Niño?
(b) Poison apple.
(d) Wild grape.
4. In the first paragraph of Chapter 11, Darwin is discussing the hybridization of which animal?
5. Which animal did Lewontin and Birch study?
(a) Fruit fly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the village on Santa Cruz?
2. In what year did the Grants' team first notice the finches' hybrid breeding?
3. What part of the finch is the tarsus?
4. As Rosemary relates, what sometimes causes a bamboo pole to become unexpectedly heavy as one carries it?
5. Which classic work of literature did Darwin take with him on his trip to the Galapagos Islands?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)