|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color "indicates age and experience" in the male finches' feathers?
2. Who wrote the book The Blind Watchmaker?
(a) Rob Bell.
(b) Mark Powell.
(c) Richard Dawkins.
(d) Thomas Aquinas.
3. Which type of fish is discussed at length in Chapter 6?
4. What is the nickname by which Peter calls the finch in Chapter 1?
(a) Famous Bird.
(c) Oolong Oolong.
5. How many sparrows survived the first population crash that Jamie Smith studied?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the instrument the Grants use to measure the hardness of the seeds the finches eat?
2. What was the name of the boat by which the Grants traveled from island to island, as mentioned in Chapter 8?
3. Who was Trevor Price's assistant in the Galapagos?
4. What color is the beak of a finch that is about to mate?
5. Which classic work of literature did Darwin take with him on his trip to the Galapagos Islands?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)