|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the building where Peter and Rosemary have their offices?
(a) Ezell Laboratories.
(b) Eno Hall.
(c) Baker Hall.
(d) Darwin Center of Science.
2. Who, when observing Darwin's finches in museums, noticed the many differences in the birds' beaks?
(a) David Lack.
(b) Percy R. Lowe.
(c) Osbert Salvin.
(d) William Paley.
3. As described at the end of Chapter 6, for what were Trevor Price and Lisle Gibbs waiting?
(a) The dry season.
(c) A bus.
4. What animal does the Hawaiian Drosophila Project study?
(a) Fruit flies.
(b) Manta rays.
(c) Fruit bats.
5. Who draws a chart at the end of Chapter 14?
(a) Peter and Rosemary.
(b) Martin Taylor.
(c) Trevor Price.
(d) Peter Boag and Laurene Ratcliffe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who argued against the principle of divergence using the phrase "the Ghost of Competition Past"?
2. Which are the "fittest finches on the island," as discussed in Chapter 8?
3. At what university did Lisle Gibbs study?
4. What caused the heavy rains in December 1982?
5. Where did Rosemary spend her childhood?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)