|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Trevor Price's assistant in the Galapagos?
(a) Spike Millington.
(b) Laurene Ratcliffe.
(c) Tjitte de Vries.
(d) Carlos Nuñez.
2. What type of animal was the Eohippus (or the Hyracotherium)?
3. As mentioned in Chapter 5, which book did Laurene Ratcliffe read while waiting for rain on Daphne Major?
(a) A Streetcar Named Desire.
(b) The Sound and the Fury.
(c) The Agony and the Ecstasy.
(d) Waiting for Godot.
4. How many species of Cichlid live in Lake Victoria?
5. Where did John Endler build his experimental ponds?
(a) University of Manitoba.
(b) Princeton University.
(c) Yale University.
(d) University of Michigan.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what university did the drosophilists discussed in Chapter 12 work?
2. Which playwright does Weiner quote at the end of Chapter 4?
3. Who, when observing Darwin's finches in museums, noticed the many differences in the birds' beaks?
4. From how far away do the Grants take photographs of the finches for their research?
5. In what year did the Grants first go to the Galapagos?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)