|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Weiner, the woodpecker's beak is similar to what tool?
2. Weiner compares the Cactus finch to whom in the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) The Pittsburgh Penguins.
(b) Plains Indians.
(c) The Pilgrims.
(d) The faculty of the University of Michigan.
3. What do Crossbills eat?
(a) The seeds in pinecones.
4. What color "indicates age and experience" in the male finches' feathers?
5. What was the name of the captain of Darwin's ship?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 5, to which mythical figure does Weiner compare the finches?
2. What organization did Tjitte de Vries direct?
3. What type of bird suffered on Genovesa during the rains of 1982-83?
4. Which famous writer went to Christ's College before Darwin?
5. What plants did the Grants find growing on Nuñez?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)