|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Approximately how many species of birds are there in the world?
2. What unusual seed did the Grants find on Genovesa after El Niño?
(b) Poison apple.
(d) Wild grape.
3. As related at the end of Chapter 3, which person sustained an injury from the barnacles on Daphne Major?
(a) Peter Boag.
(b) Ian Abbott.
(c) Peter Grant.
(d) Lisle Gibbs.
4. What type of finch is Number 3425?
(b) Cactus finch.
(c) Tree finch.
(d) Ground finch.
5. Who devised the metaphor of the watch and the watchmaker?
(a) William Paley.
(c) William Shakespeare.
(d) Joseph Hooker.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to chapter 9, what percentage of the birds on Darwin's property were killed in the cold weather?
2. From how far away do the Grants take photographs of the finches for their research?
3. What part of the finch is the tarsus?
4. How many species of finch live in the Galapagos Islands?
5. How many eggs did the best-breeding finch lay in the rainy season?
This section contains 156 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)