|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long have the Grants been conducting research on this island?
(a) 30 years.
(b) 12 years.
(c) 20 years.
(d) 5 years.
2. Who is speaking in the first sentence of Chapter 9?
(a) Peter Grant.
(d) Trevor Price.
3. What does the Latin word "specere" mean?
(a) To sing.
(b) To be speckled.
(c) To see.
(d) To specify.
4. What was the name of the boat by which the Grants traveled from island to island, as mentioned in Chapter 8?
(a) The Enforcer.
(b) The Flamingo.
(c) The Sea Lion.
(d) The Grossbeak.
5. How long was the "Thinking Path"?
(a) .25 miles.
(b) 1 mile.
(c) .5 miles.
(d) 2 miles.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what does Rosemary bait the finch traps?
2. Whose A Short History of Biology "killed Darwin with kindness," according to Weiner?
3. What unusual seed did the Grants find on Genovesa after El Niño?
4. How many times did Number 3425 breed in 1983?
5. Which book is quoted at the beginning of Chapter 10?
This section contains 159 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)