|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what bird do the vampire finches drink blood?
(b) Passenger pigeons.
2. Which famous writer went to Christ's College before Darwin?
(a) Robert Louis Stevenson.
(b) William Shakespeare.
(c) John Milton.
(d) Daniel Defoe.
3. What plants did the Grants find growing on Nuñez?
(a) Oak trees.
(b) Green beans.
(d) Flame trees.
4. At what university did Lisle Gibbs study?
(a) Princeton University.
(b) University of Michigan.
(c) Ohio State University.
(d) Washington University of St. Louis.
5. What does the Difficilis on the Pinta eat?
(a) Tribulus seeds.
(d) Grass seeds.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what book does Darwin discuss "sexual selection"?
2. Which year was the dry year that is discussed in Chapter 5?
3. Approximately how many species of birds are there in the world?
4. What was the name of Darwin's grandfather?
5. What do Crossbills eat?
This section contains 156 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)