|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animals did Darwin call "imps of darkness"?
(d) Sea lions.
2. How many times did Number 3425 breed in 1983?
3. Who is speaking in the first sentence of Chapter 9?
(a) Trevor Price.
(c) Peter Grant.
4. Which biologist thought of Darwin's finches as "not separate species at all, but 'hybrid swarms'"?
(a) Peter Boag.
(b) Percy R. Lowe.
(c) Jamie Smith.
(d) David Lack.
5. Who gave the lecture "The Demonstrative Evidence of Evolution"?
(a) Charles Darwin.
(b) Thomas Henry Huxley.
(c) David Lack.
(d) William Paley.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did John Endler build his experimental ponds?
2. In what year did the Grants' team first notice the finches' hybrid breeding?
3. The Grants' research is compared to which novel?
4. How long did Darwin study barnacles?
5. Which famous writer went to Christ's College before Darwin?
This section contains 153 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)