|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 6, Weiner compares evolution to the motion of which object?
(a) A Jackson Pollock painting.
(b) A kaleidoscope.
(c) A whirligig.
(d) A volcano.
2. Which are the "fittest finches on the island," as discussed in Chapter 8?
(a) The scandens.
(b) The fuliginosa.
(c) The hybrids between the scandens and the fortis.
(d) The hybrids between the magnirostris and the fortis.
3. What is the name of the village on Santa Cruz?
(a) Puerto Vallarta.
(b) Rapa Nui.
(d) Puerto Ayora.
4. What caused the heavy rains in December 1982?
(a) Global warming.
(b) A typhoon.
(c) El Niño.
(d) Unusually cold weather.
5. Who is quoted in the opening of Chapter 6?
(a) Joseph Hooker.
(b) Thomas Henry Huxley.
(c) William Shakespeare.
(d) John Donne.
Short Answer Questions
1. What organism did Darwin's colleague Joseph Hooker study?
2. Approximately how many islands are in the Galapagos Archipelago?
3. Which famous writer went to Christ's College before Darwin?
4. What part of the finch is the tarsus?
5. In Chapter 5, to which mythical figure does Weiner compare the finches?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)