|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What normally causes the finches not to eat Chamaesyce?
(a) Its latex substance.
(b) Its hardness.
(c) Its furry exterior.
(d) Its thorns.
2. What is the name of the building where Peter and Rosemary have their offices?
(a) Ezell Laboratories.
(b) Darwin Center of Science.
(c) Eno Hall.
(d) Baker Hall.
3. In chapter 6, Weiner compares evolution to the motion of which object?
(a) A whirligig.
(b) A volcano.
(c) A Jackson Pollock painting.
(d) A kaleidoscope.
4. How long did Darwin study barnacles?
(a) 7 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 25 years.
(d) 6 months.
5. How many plants grew in Darwin's cup of dirt?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the instrument the Grants use to measure the hardness of the seeds the finches eat?
2. Whose A Short History of Biology "killed Darwin with kindness," according to Weiner?
3. What was the name of the boat by which the Grants traveled from island to island, as mentioned in Chapter 8?
4. Who was the first person who could recognize all the finches on Daphne Major?
5. What was the name of the captain of Darwin's ship?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)