|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What unusual seed did the Grants find on Genovesa after El Niño?
(a) Wild grape.
(d) Poison apple.
2. What organization did Tjitte de Vries direct?
(a) The Charles Darwin Research Station.
(b) The Environmental Protection Agency.
(c) The Center for Disease Control and Prevention.
(d) The Finch Unit.
3. What was the name of Darwin's grandfather?
4. Who analyzed the finch data from the 1970s using partial regression analysis?
(a) Peter Boag.
(b) Rosemary Grant.
(c) Ian Abbott.
(d) Trevor Price.
5. In how many portfolios did Charles Darwin store his field notes?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 5, to which mythical figure does Weiner compare the finches?
2. What is the name of the animal resulting from the cross between a male horse and a female donkey?
3. Who has deeply studied the history of studying evolution in the Galapagos Islands?
4. From what bird do the vampire finches drink blood?
5. Who is "the greatest authority on plants of the Galapagos"?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)