|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of whom does Peter Grant keep newspaper photos on his office door?
(a) A bagpipe player.
(c) Nicola Grant.
(d) Charles Darwin.
2. Who created the concept of the "darwin"?
(a) J.B.S. Haldane.
(b) Trevor Price.
(c) Charles Darwin.
(d) Peter Grant.
3. Where did Peter Grant pursue his undergraduate degree?
(a) Cambridge University.
(b) New York University.
(c) Harvard University.
4. How long have the Grants been conducting research on this island?
(a) 30 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 12 years.
(d) 20 years.
5. In chapter 6, Weiner compares evolution to the motion of which object?
(a) A volcano.
(b) A kaleidoscope.
(c) A whirligig.
(d) A Jackson Pollock painting.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose "Thinking Path" is described in Chapter 9?
2. Chapter 8 mentions that Peter has to deliver a lecture in which country?
3. Approximately how many islands are in the Galapagos Archipelago?
4. Which biologist thought of Darwin's finches as "not separate species at all, but 'hybrid swarms'"?
5. Who is speaking in the first sentence of Chapter 9?
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)