|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to chapter 9, what percentage of the birds on Darwin's property were killed in the cold weather?
2. Which playwright does Weiner quote at the end of Chapter 4?
3. What was the name of Darwin's grandfather?
4. What caused the heavy rains in December 1982?
(a) Unusually cold weather.
(b) A typhoon.
(c) El Niño.
(d) Global warming.
5. What type of animal was the Eohippus (or the Hyracotherium)?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Rosemary spend her childhood?
2. What animals did Darwin call "imps of darkness"?
3. As related at the end of Chapter 3, which person sustained an injury from the barnacles on Daphne Major?
4. In Chapter 6, what does Weiner compare to a Petri dish?
5. What was the name of the boat by which the Grants traveled from island to island, as mentioned in Chapter 8?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)