|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Grants' research is compared to which novel?
(a) War and Peace.
(b) Jane Eyre.
(c) Anna Karenina.
(d) Great Expectations.
2. What type of bird did Darwin breed back home in England?
3. Approximately how many islands are in the Galapagos Archipelago?
4. Who was Peter Grant's last teacher?
(a) David Lack.
(b) Peter Boag.
(c) G. Evelyn Hutchinson.
(d) Carolus Linnaeus.
5. How many sparrows survived the first population crash that Jamie Smith studied?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Trevor Price's assistant in the Galapagos?
2. Who is quoted in the opening of Chapter 6?
3. What color "indicates age and experience" in the male finches' feathers?
4. Which biologist thought of Darwin's finches as "not separate species at all, but 'hybrid swarms'"?
5. As mentioned in Chapter 5, which book did Laurene Ratcliffe read while waiting for rain on Daphne Major?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)