|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who, when observing Darwin's finches in museums, noticed the many differences in the birds' beaks?
(a) David Lack.
(b) Percy R. Lowe.
(c) Osbert Salvin.
(d) William Paley.
2. Where did Rosemary spend her childhood?
(b) The Lake District.
3. According to Weiner, the woodpecker's beak is similar to what tool?
4. Which type of fish is discussed at length in Chapter 6?
5. How many sparrows survived the first population crash that Jamie Smith studied?
Short Answer Questions
1. Approximately how many species of plants exist in the Galapagos?
2. How many species of finch live in the Galapagos Islands?
3. Whose "Thinking Path" is described in Chapter 9?
4. What part of the finch is the tarsus?
5. Weiner compares the finches' hunt for seeds to which human food?
This section contains 139 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)