|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which are the "fittest finches on the island," as discussed in Chapter 8?
(a) The hybrids between the scandens and the fortis.
(b) The hybrids between the magnirostris and the fortis.
(c) The scandens.
(d) The fuliginosa.
2. Who has deeply studied the history of studying evolution in the Galapagos Islands?
(a) David Anderson.
(b) Peter Boag.
(c) Frank J. Sulloway.
(d) William Hamilton.
3. What book did Darwin call his "Big Book"?
(a) The Voyage of the Beagle.
(b) The Origin of Species.
(c) War and Peace.
4. Who, when observing Darwin's finches in museums, noticed the many differences in the birds' beaks?
(a) Percy R. Lowe.
(b) David Lack.
(c) Osbert Salvin.
(d) William Paley.
5. Approximately how many islands are in the Galapagos Archipelago?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Peter Grant pursue his undergraduate degree?
2. How many times did Number 3425 breed in 1983?
3. What is the name of the instrument the Grants use to measure the hardness of the seeds the finches eat?
4. From how far away do the Grants take photographs of the finches for their research?
5. Who is quoted in the opening of Chapter 6?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)