|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Approximately how many species of plants exist in the Galapagos?
2. How many genera of plants did Darwin's friend find in a "small fallow field in Kent"?
3. Which year was the dry year that is discussed in Chapter 5?
4. How much rain fell on the day the severe drought ended, as mentioned in Chapter 5?
(a) Fifty millimeters.
(b) Two inches.
(c) Thirty millimeters.
(d) One inch.
5. How long did Darwin study barnacles?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 7 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 25 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who created the concept of the "darwin"?
2. What type of animal was the Eohippus (or the Hyracotherium)?
3. What is the name of the animal resulting from the cross between a male horse and a female donkey?
4. What color "indicates age and experience" in the male finches' feathers?
5. In how many portfolios did Charles Darwin store his field notes?
This section contains 153 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)