|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Trevor Price's assistant in the Galapagos?
(a) Carlos Nuñez.
(b) Tjitte de Vries.
(c) Spike Millington.
(d) Laurene Ratcliffe.
2. What part of the finch is the tarsus?
3. What was the name of the boat by which the Grants traveled from island to island, as mentioned in Chapter 8?
(a) The Sea Lion.
(b) The Enforcer.
(c) The Flamingo.
(d) The Grossbeak.
4. What type of bird suffered on Genovesa during the rains of 1982-83?
5. Who named one finch species "Geospiza incerta," which, according to Weiner, means "ground finch, I guess"?
(b) Peter Grant.
(c) Carolus Linnaeus.
(d) John Gould.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times did the Croton trees bloom in the rains of 1982-83?
2. In what book does Darwin discuss "sexual selection"?
3. The Grants' research is compared to which novel?
4. Weiner compares the Cactus finch to whom in the beginning of Chapter 2?
5. Where did Peter Grant pursue his undergraduate degree?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)