|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which year was the dry year that is discussed in Chapter 5?
2. What is the name of the instrument the Grants use to measure the hardness of the seeds the finches eat?
(b) The McGill barometer.
(c) The Princeton omni-tool.
(d) The McGill nutcracker.
3. What caused the heavy rains in December 1982?
(a) El Niño.
(b) Global warming.
(c) Unusually cold weather.
(d) A typhoon.
4. Where did Peter Grant pursue his undergraduate degree?
(b) Cambridge University.
(c) Harvard University.
(d) New York University.
5. How much rain fell on the day the severe drought ended, as mentioned in Chapter 5?
(a) Thirty millimeters.
(b) Two inches.
(c) One inch.
(d) Fifty millimeters.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which weed does Chapter 4 discuss in detail?
2. What type of bird suffered on Genovesa during the rains of 1982-83?
3. How many species of finch live in the Galapagos Islands?
4. What type of bird did Darwin breed back home in England?
5. Which type of fish is discussed at length in Chapter 6?
This section contains 164 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)