|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which are the "fittest finches on the island," as discussed in Chapter 8?
(a) The fuliginosa.
(b) The hybrids between the magnirostris and the fortis.
(c) The scandens.
(d) The hybrids between the scandens and the fortis.
2. How many species of finch live in the Galapagos Islands?
3. Weiner compares the finches' hunt for seeds to which human food?
(b) Potato chips.
4. Who devised the metaphor of the watch and the watchmaker?
(b) William Shakespeare.
(c) William Paley.
(d) Joseph Hooker.
5. Of whom does Peter Grant keep newspaper photos on his office door?
(a) Nicola Grant.
(b) A bagpipe player.
(c) Charles Darwin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the village on Santa Cruz?
2. What caused the heavy rains in December 1982?
3. Who helped Jamie Smith analyze his data on sparrows?
4. What organism did Darwin's colleague Joseph Hooker study?
5. Chapter 8 mentions that Peter has to deliver a lecture in which country?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)