|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the instrument the Grants use to measure the hardness of the seeds the finches eat?
(a) The Princeton omni-tool.
(b) The McGill barometer.
(d) The McGill nutcracker.
2. Which classic work of literature did Darwin take with him on his trip to the Galapagos Islands?
(c) The Divine Comedy.
(d) Paradise Lost.
3. Weiner compares the Cactus finch to whom in the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) The Pittsburgh Penguins.
(b) Plains Indians.
(c) The Pilgrims.
(d) The faculty of the University of Michigan.
4. Which biologist thought of Darwin's finches as "not separate species at all, but 'hybrid swarms'"?
(a) Peter Boag.
(b) David Lack.
(c) Percy R. Lowe.
(d) Jamie Smith.
5. On which island in the Galapagos archipelago did Darwin land first?
(b) San Cristóbal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What caused the heavy rains in December 1982?
2. What type of bird did Darwin breed back home in England?
3. Who helped Jamie Smith analyze his data on sparrows?
4. According to Weiner, the woodpecker's beak is similar to what tool?
5. How long did Darwin study barnacles?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)