|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In how many portfolios did Charles Darwin store his field notes?
2. Who is quoted in the opening of Chapter 6?
(a) John Donne.
(b) Joseph Hooker.
(c) Thomas Henry Huxley.
(d) William Shakespeare.
3. Whose appearance is described at the beginning of Chapter 8?
(a) Rosemary Grant.
(b) Laurene Ratcliffe.
(c) Ian Abbott.
(d) Peter Boag.
4. In what year did the Grants first go to the Galapagos?
5. How much rain has fallen on the island in the past forty-four months?
(a) 1/5 of an inch.
(b) 500 inches.
(c) 5 inches.
(d) 50 inches.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many sparrows survived the first population crash that Jamie Smith studied?
2. As described at the end of Chapter 6, for what were Trevor Price and Lisle Gibbs waiting?
3. As mentioned in Chapter 5, which book did Laurene Ratcliffe read while waiting for rain on Daphne Major?
4. According to chapter 9, what percentage of the birds on Darwin's property were killed in the cold weather?
5. What animal does Weiner describe as having "the body plan of a volcano"?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)