|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What organism did Darwin's colleague Joseph Hooker study?
(a) Sea cucumbers.
(b) Bracket fungi.
2. What is the name of the animal resulting from the cross between a male horse and a female donkey?
(a) Miniature horse.
3. As of the time of Rosemary's interview in Chapter 8, how many finches were not banded on Daphne Major?
4. From how far away do the Grants take photographs of the finches for their research?
(a) 91 centimeters.
(b) 53 centimeters.
(c) 1 meter.
(d) 27 centimeters.
5. Who, when observing Darwin's finches in museums, noticed the many differences in the birds' beaks?
(a) Percy R. Lowe.
(b) David Lack.
(c) William Paley.
(d) Osbert Salvin.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many populations of finches did the Grants study during their first year in the Galapagos?
2. As discussed in Chapter 4, which of the finches' traits did Peter Boag study for his thesis?
3. Who gave the lecture "The Demonstrative Evidence of Evolution"?
4. What organization did Tjitte de Vries direct?
5. How long have the Grants been conducting research on this island?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)