|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many eggs did the best-breeding finch lay in the rainy season?
2. Which animal did one finch attack during the dry year?
(a) A hawk.
(b) A black lizard.
(c) A mockingbird.
(d) A sea lion.
3. Who wrote the book Natural Selection in the Wild?
(a) Charles Darwin.
(b) John Endler.
(c) Peter Grant.
(d) David Lack.
4. Where do the Grants work in the United States?
(a) Yale University.
(b) Princeton University.
(d) The Ohio State University.
5. To which of the researchers' objects are finches always attracted?
(a) A bucket of water.
(d) The trash can.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much rain has fallen on the island in the past forty-four months?
2. The Grants' research is compared to which novel?
3. As discussed in Chapter 4, which of the finches' traits did Peter Boag study for his thesis?
4. Which famous writer went to Christ's College before Darwin?
5. Where did John Endler build his experimental ponds?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)