|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Weiner compares the finches' hunt for seeds to which human food?
(b) Potato chips.
2. Who devised the metaphor of the watch and the watchmaker?
(a) William Shakespeare.
(b) Joseph Hooker.
(d) William Paley.
3. How many populations of finches did the Grants study during their first year in the Galapagos?
4. Approximately how many islands are in the Galapagos Archipelago?
5. Whose appearance is described at the beginning of Chapter 8?
(a) Laurene Ratcliffe.
(b) Ian Abbott.
(c) Peter Boag.
(d) Rosemary Grant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the first person who could recognize all the finches on Daphne Major?
2. Where does Jamie Smith study sparrows?
3. Which are the "fittest finches on the island," as discussed in Chapter 8?
4. Of whom does Peter Grant keep newspaper photos on his office door?
5. In chapter 6, Weiner compares evolution to the motion of which object?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)