|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who devised the metaphor of the watch and the watchmaker?
(b) William Paley.
(c) Joseph Hooker.
(d) William Shakespeare.
2. Who has deeply studied the history of studying evolution in the Galapagos Islands?
(a) Frank J. Sulloway.
(b) David Anderson.
(c) Peter Boag.
(d) William Hamilton.
3. What is the name of the animal resulting from the cross between a male horse and a female donkey?
(d) Miniature horse.
4. Who, when observing Darwin's finches in museums, noticed the many differences in the birds' beaks?
(a) Osbert Salvin.
(b) Percy R. Lowe.
(c) David Lack.
(d) William Paley.
5. In what year was the Charles Darwin Research Station founded?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the boat by which the Grants traveled from island to island, as mentioned in Chapter 8?
2. How long was the "Thinking Path"?
3. In the dry year, how much bigger was the beak of a surviving finch than that of a dead finch?
4. Where did John Endler build his experimental ponds?
5. As related at the end of Chapter 3, which person sustained an injury from the barnacles on Daphne Major?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)