|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not a predator mentioned in Chapter 6?
(a) Rivulus hartii.
2. What animals did Darwin call "imps of darkness"?
(c) Sea lions.
3. Weiner compares the finches' hunt for seeds to which human food?
(c) Potato chips.
4. From how far away do the Grants take photographs of the finches for their research?
(a) 1 meter.
(b) 91 centimeters.
(c) 53 centimeters.
(d) 27 centimeters.
5. What is the nickname by which Peter calls the finch in Chapter 1?
(a) Oolong Oolong.
(c) Famous Bird.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Weiner, the woodpecker's beak is similar to what tool?
2. How many species of Ground finch are there in the Galapagos?
3. As Rosemary relates, what sometimes causes a bamboo pole to become unexpectedly heavy as one carries it?
4. How much rain has fallen on the island in the past forty-four months?
5. What part of the finch is the tarsus?
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)