|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the captain of Darwin's ship?
2. What was the name of Darwin's grandfather?
3. As Rosemary relates, what sometimes causes a bamboo pole to become unexpectedly heavy as one carries it?
(b) An iguana.
(c) An eagle.
(d) A hawk.
4. As described at the end of Chapter 6, for what were Trevor Price and Lisle Gibbs waiting?
(b) The dry season.
(c) A bus.
5. What animal does Weiner describe as having "the body plan of a volcano"?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 6, what does Weiner compare to a Petri dish?
2. Who has deeply studied the history of studying evolution in the Galapagos Islands?
3. How many times did the Croton trees bloom in the rains of 1982-83?
4. As related at the end of Chapter 3, which person sustained an injury from the barnacles on Daphne Major?
5. Which of the following is not a predator mentioned in Chapter 6?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)