|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not a predator mentioned in Chapter 6?
(a) Rivulus hartii.
2. What is the name of the instrument the Grants use to measure the hardness of the seeds the finches eat?
(a) The McGill barometer.
(c) The Princeton omni-tool.
(d) The McGill nutcracker.
3. Who is quoted in the opening of Chapter 6?
(a) Joseph Hooker.
(b) John Donne.
(c) William Shakespeare.
(d) Thomas Henry Huxley.
4. Who named one finch species "Geospiza incerta," which, according to Weiner, means "ground finch, I guess"?
(a) Carolus Linnaeus.
(c) John Gould.
(d) Peter Grant.
5. How long did Darwin study barnacles?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 25 years.
(d) 7 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. As mentioned in Chapter 5, which book did Laurene Ratcliffe read while waiting for rain on Daphne Major?
2. In what year did the Grants first go to the Galapagos?
3. What animals did Darwin call "imps of darkness"?
4. What type of bird did Darwin breed back home in England?
5. In what book does Darwin discuss "sexual selection"?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)