|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did Darwin study barnacles?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 7 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 25 years.
2. What was the name of the captain of Darwin's ship?
3. What color "indicates age and experience" in the male finches' feathers?
4. At what university did Lisle Gibbs study?
(a) Princeton University.
(b) Washington University of St. Louis.
(c) University of Michigan.
(d) Ohio State University.
5. Which animal did one finch attack during the dry year?
(a) A hawk.
(b) A sea lion.
(c) A mockingbird.
(d) A black lizard.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is "the greatest authority on plants of the Galapagos"?
2. What type of bird did Darwin breed back home in England?
3. Where did John Endler build his experimental ponds?
4. What normally causes the finches not to eat Chamaesyce?
5. What is the nickname by which Peter calls the finch in Chapter 1?
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)