|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what does Rosemary bait the finch traps?
(d) Seal blubber.
2. What book did Darwin call his "Big Book"?
(a) The Origin of Species.
(b) The Voyage of the Beagle.
(c) War and Peace.
3. What color is the beak of a finch that is about to mate?
4. Who has deeply studied the history of studying evolution in the Galapagos Islands?
(a) William Hamilton.
(b) Frank J. Sulloway.
(c) David Anderson.
(d) Peter Boag.
5. Which are the "fittest finches on the island," as discussed in Chapter 8?
(a) The hybrids between the magnirostris and the fortis.
(b) The fuliginosa.
(c) The scandens.
(d) The hybrids between the scandens and the fortis.
Short Answer Questions
1. What normally causes the finches not to eat Chamaesyce?
2. What type of finch is Number 3425?
3. Which biologist thought of Darwin's finches as "not separate species at all, but 'hybrid swarms'"?
4. As mentioned in Chapter 5, which book did Laurene Ratcliffe read while waiting for rain on Daphne Major?
5. Who is "the greatest authority on plants of the Galapagos"?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)