|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Weiner compares the Cactus finch to whom in the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) The Pittsburgh Penguins.
(b) The Pilgrims.
(c) Plains Indians.
(d) The faculty of the University of Michigan.
2. What type of animal was the Eohippus (or the Hyracotherium)?
3. As of the time of Rosemary's interview in Chapter 8, how many finches were not banded on Daphne Major?
4. How much rain fell on the day the severe drought ended, as mentioned in Chapter 5?
(a) Two inches.
(b) One inch.
(c) Fifty millimeters.
(d) Thirty millimeters.
5. What part of the finch is the tarsus?
Short Answer Questions
1. With what does Rosemary bait the finch traps?
2. In the dry year, how much bigger was the beak of a surviving finch than that of a dead finch?
3. What is the nickname by which Peter calls the finch in Chapter 1?
4. Chapter 8 mentions that Peter has to deliver a lecture in which country?
5. What normally causes the finches not to eat Chamaesyce?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)