|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose appearance is described at the beginning of Chapter 8?
(a) Laurene Ratcliffe.
(b) Rosemary Grant.
(c) Peter Boag.
(d) Ian Abbott.
2. Which type of fish is discussed at length in Chapter 6?
3. What animal does Weiner describe as having "the body plan of a volcano"?
4. Cactus finches build their nest to protect themselves from which animal?
5. What do the iguanas in the Galapagos eat?
(d) Croton seeds.
Short Answer Questions
1. From how far away do the Grants take photographs of the finches for their research?
2. Who wrote the book Natural Selection in the Wild?
3. On which island in the Galapagos archipelago did Darwin land first?
4. What animals did Darwin call "imps of darkness"?
5. What book did Darwin call his "Big Book"?
This section contains 163 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)