|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times did the Croton trees bloom in the rains of 1982-83?
2. How many species of finch live in the Galapagos Islands?
3. From how far away do the Grants take photographs of the finches for their research?
(a) 1 meter.
(b) 27 centimeters.
(c) 53 centimeters.
(d) 91 centimeters.
4. Where did Peter Grant pursue his undergraduate degree?
(a) New York University.
(b) Harvard University.
(d) Cambridge University.
5. Of whom does Peter Grant keep newspaper photos on his office door?
(b) Nicola Grant.
(c) A bagpipe player.
(d) Charles Darwin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who, when observing Darwin's finches in museums, noticed the many differences in the birds' beaks?
2. How many eggs did the best-breeding finch lay in the rainy season?
3. At what university did Lisle Gibbs study?
4. Which classic work of literature did Darwin take with him on his trip to the Galapagos Islands?
5. Who was the first person who could recognize all the finches on Daphne Major?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)