|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Weiner compares the finches' hunt for seeds to which human food?
(b) Potato chips.
2. How many species of finch live in the Galapagos Islands?
3. Which playwright does Weiner quote at the end of Chapter 4?
4. How old are the oldest finches on the island?
(a) 5 years old.
(b) 15 years old.
(c) 12 years old.
(d) 13 years old.
5. What animals did Darwin call "imps of darkness"?
(b) Sea lions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the beak of a finch that is about to mate?
2. What type of finch is Number 3425?
3. In what year was the Charles Darwin Research Station founded?
4. From how far away do the Grants take photographs of the finches for their research?
5. As discussed in Chapter 4, which of the finches' traits did Peter Boag study for his thesis?
This section contains 153 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)