|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what does Rosemary bait the finch traps?
(a) Seal blubber.
2. Which weed does Chapter 4 discuss in detail?
(d) Lemon grass.
3. What is the nickname by which Peter calls the finch in Chapter 1?
(b) Oolong Oolong.
(d) Famous Bird.
4. Which biologist thought of Darwin's finches as "not separate species at all, but 'hybrid swarms'"?
(a) Peter Boag.
(b) Jamie Smith.
(c) David Lack.
(d) Percy R. Lowe.
5. In what year did the Grants' team first notice the finches' hybrid breeding?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helped Jamie Smith analyze his data on sparrows?
2. Who wrote the book Natural Selection in the Wild?
3. How old are the oldest finches on the island?
4. Who is quoted in the opening of Chapter 6?
5. Which of the following is not a predator mentioned in Chapter 6?
This section contains 164 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)