|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As discussed in Chapter 4, which of the finches' traits did Peter Boag study for his thesis?
(a) Resistance to disease.
(c) Tarsus length.
(d) Survival mechanisms.
2. As Rosemary relates, what sometimes causes a bamboo pole to become unexpectedly heavy as one carries it?
(a) A hawk.
(b) An iguana.
(c) An eagle.
3. As mentioned in Chapter 5, which book did Laurene Ratcliffe read while waiting for rain on Daphne Major?
(a) Waiting for Godot.
(b) The Sound and the Fury.
(c) The Agony and the Ecstasy.
(d) A Streetcar Named Desire.
4. What was the name of Darwin's grandfather?
5. In what book does Darwin discuss "sexual selection"?
(a) The Descent of Man.
(b) Zoology of the Voyage of the H.M.S. Beagle.
(c) Journals and Remarks.
(d) The Origin of Species.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many populations of finches did the Grants study during their first year in the Galapagos?
2. What color "indicates age and experience" in the male finches' feathers?
3. Where does Jamie Smith study sparrows?
4. Which classic work of literature did Darwin take with him on his trip to the Galapagos Islands?
5. What type of animal was the Eohippus (or the Hyracotherium)?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)