|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many species of finch live in the Galapagos Islands?
2. The Grants' research is compared to which novel?
(a) Jane Eyre.
(b) Great Expectations.
(c) War and Peace.
(d) Anna Karenina.
3. Cactus finches build their nest to protect themselves from which animal?
4. Who analyzed the finch data from the 1970s using partial regression analysis?
(a) Ian Abbott.
(b) Rosemary Grant.
(c) Peter Boag.
(d) Trevor Price.
5. From how far away do the Grants take photographs of the finches for their research?
(a) 27 centimeters.
(b) 53 centimeters.
(c) 1 meter.
(d) 91 centimeters.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Rosemary relates, what sometimes causes a bamboo pole to become unexpectedly heavy as one carries it?
2. From what bird do the vampire finches drink blood?
3. What is the name of the animal resulting from the cross between a male horse and a female donkey?
4. Chapter 8 mentions that Peter has to deliver a lecture in which country?
5. Where did John Endler build his experimental ponds?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)