|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On which island in the Galapagos archipelago did Darwin land first?
(b) San Cristóbal.
2. What is the nickname by which Peter calls the finch in Chapter 1?
(b) Famous Bird.
(c) Oolong Oolong.
3. What Galapagos island is mentioned in the first sentence of Chapter 1?
(b) Daphne Major.
(c) Sin Nombre.
4. How much rain has fallen on the island in the past forty-four months?
(a) 500 inches.
(b) 5 inches.
(c) 50 inches.
(d) 1/5 of an inch.
5. Weiner compares the Cactus finch to whom in the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) The Pittsburgh Penguins.
(b) The faculty of the University of Michigan.
(c) The Pilgrims.
(d) Plains Indians.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the first person who could recognize all the finches on Daphne Major?
2. How long have the Grants been conducting research on this island?
3. Who analyzed the finch data from the 1970s using partial regression analysis?
4. How many times did Number 3425 breed in 1983?
5. What type of animal was the Eohippus (or the Hyracotherium)?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)