|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As discussed in Chapter 4, which of the finches' traits did Peter Boag study for his thesis?
(a) Survival mechanisms.
(c) Resistance to disease.
(d) Tarsus length.
2. How long have the Grants been conducting research on this island?
(a) 12 years.
(b) 20 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 30 years.
3. The Grants' research is compared to which novel?
(a) Great Expectations.
(b) War and Peace.
(c) Anna Karenina.
(d) Jane Eyre.
4. What color is the beak of a finch that is about to mate?
5. Cactus finches build their nest to protect themselves from which animal?
Short Answer Questions
1. At what university did Lisle Gibbs study?
2. What organism did Darwin's colleague Joseph Hooker study?
3. Of whom does Peter Grant keep newspaper photos on his office door?
4. What Galapagos island is mentioned in the first sentence of Chapter 1?
5. Who helped Jamie Smith analyze his data on sparrows?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)