|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gave the lecture "The Demonstrative Evidence of Evolution"?
(a) Thomas Henry Huxley.
(b) William Paley.
(c) Charles Darwin.
(d) David Lack.
2. What animal does Weiner describe as having "the body plan of a volcano"?
3. Which animal did the evolutionist David Lack not consider when formulating his ideas, as mentioned in Chapter 4?
4. What type of animal was the Eohippus (or the Hyracotherium)?
5. Which are the "fittest finches on the island," as discussed in Chapter 8?
(a) The hybrids between the magnirostris and the fortis.
(b) The hybrids between the scandens and the fortis.
(c) The scandens.
(d) The fuliginosa.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Weiner, the woodpecker's beak is similar to what tool?
2. What was the name of the captain of Darwin's ship?
3. How much rain fell on the day the severe drought ended, as mentioned in Chapter 5?
4. What animals did Darwin call "imps of darkness"?
5. In what year was the Charles Darwin Research Station founded?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)