|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As described at the end of Chapter 6, for what were Trevor Price and Lisle Gibbs waiting?
(c) A bus.
(d) The dry season.
2. The Grants' research is compared to which novel?
(a) Anna Karenina.
(b) War and Peace.
(c) Jane Eyre.
(d) Great Expectations.
3. What caused the heavy rains in December 1982?
(a) Unusually cold weather.
(b) El Niño.
(c) Global warming.
(d) A typhoon.
4. As mentioned in Chapter 5, which book did Laurene Ratcliffe read while waiting for rain on Daphne Major?
(a) The Sound and the Fury.
(b) Waiting for Godot.
(c) The Agony and the Ecstasy.
(d) A Streetcar Named Desire.
5. Who is quoted in the opening of Chapter 6?
(a) Thomas Henry Huxley.
(b) Joseph Hooker.
(c) William Shakespeare.
(d) John Donne.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what does Rosemary bait the finch traps?
2. How many populations of finches did the Grants study during their first year in the Galapagos?
3. Weiner compares the Cactus finch to whom in the beginning of Chapter 2?
4. Who created the concept of the "darwin"?
5. As Rosemary relates, what sometimes causes a bamboo pole to become unexpectedly heavy as one carries it?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)