|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much rain fell on the day the severe drought ended, as mentioned in Chapter 5?
(a) Thirty millimeters.
(b) One inch.
(c) Fifty millimeters.
(d) Two inches.
2. Who wrote the book Natural Selection in the Wild?
(a) Charles Darwin.
(b) David Lack.
(c) John Endler.
(d) Peter Grant.
3. In the dry year, how much bigger was the beak of a surviving finch than that of a dead finch?
(a) One millimeter.
(b) Half a millimeter.
(c) Two millimeters.
(d) Three millimeters.
4. As related at the end of Chapter 3, which person sustained an injury from the barnacles on Daphne Major?
(a) Peter Boag.
(b) Lisle Gibbs.
(c) Peter Grant.
(d) Ian Abbott.
5. What normally causes the finches not to eat Chamaesyce?
(a) Its furry exterior.
(b) Its hardness.
(c) Its latex substance.
(d) Its thorns.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose appearance is described at the beginning of Chapter 8?
2. Who has deeply studied the history of studying evolution in the Galapagos Islands?
3. Who analyzed the finch data from the 1970s using partial regression analysis?
4. In chapter 6, Weiner compares evolution to the motion of which object?
5. In what year did the Grants first go to the Galapagos?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)