|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 5, to which mythical figure does Weiner compare the finches?
(a) The Sirens.
2. How much rain fell on the day the severe drought ended, as mentioned in Chapter 5?
(a) Thirty millimeters.
(b) One inch.
(c) Two inches.
(d) Fifty millimeters.
3. Which are the "fittest finches on the island," as discussed in Chapter 8?
(a) The fuliginosa.
(b) The hybrids between the scandens and the fortis.
(c) The scandens.
(d) The hybrids between the magnirostris and the fortis.
4. How long have the Grants been conducting research on this island?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 30 years.
(c) 20 years.
(d) 12 years.
5. How many species of Ground finch are there in the Galapagos?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which animal did one finch attack during the dry year?
2. Which biologist thought of Darwin's finches as "not separate species at all, but 'hybrid swarms'"?
3. How many times did Number 3425 breed in 1983?
4. With what does Rosemary bait the finch traps?
5. Whose appearance is described at the beginning of Chapter 8?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)