|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who devised the metaphor of the watch and the watchmaker?
(b) William Shakespeare.
(c) Joseph Hooker.
(d) William Paley.
2. What was the name of Darwin's grandfather?
3. Which weed does Chapter 4 discuss in detail?
(d) Lemon grass.
4. Which type of animal in the Galapagos has one alpha male that mates with many females?
(d) Sea lion.
5. Which are the "fittest finches on the island," as discussed in Chapter 8?
(a) The hybrids between the magnirostris and the fortis.
(b) The hybrids between the scandens and the fortis.
(c) The scandens.
(d) The fuliginosa.
Short Answer Questions
1. On which island in the Galapagos archipelago did Darwin land first?
2. Which famous writer went to Christ's College before Darwin?
3. How many species of finch live in the Galapagos Islands?
4. Approximately how many islands are in the Galapagos Archipelago?
5. In chapter 6, Weiner compares evolution to the motion of which object?
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)