|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the boat by which the Grants traveled from island to island, as mentioned in Chapter 8?
(a) The Sea Lion.
(b) The Grossbeak.
(c) The Flamingo.
(d) The Enforcer.
2. Which of the following is not a predator mentioned in Chapter 6?
(a) Rivulus hartii.
3. What do the iguanas in the Galapagos eat?
(d) Croton seeds.
4. Where did John Endler build his experimental ponds?
(a) Yale University.
(b) Princeton University.
(c) University of Manitoba.
(d) University of Michigan.
5. Which playwright does Weiner quote at the end of Chapter 4?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many species of Ground finch are there in the Galapagos?
2. What is the name of the village on Santa Cruz?
3. How many times did the Croton trees bloom in the rains of 1982-83?
4. In Chapter 5, to which mythical figure does Weiner compare the finches?
5. What is the name of the building where Peter and Rosemary have their offices?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)