|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Cactus finches build their nest to protect themselves from which animal?
2. What was the name of the captain of Darwin's ship?
3. Where did Rosemary spend her childhood?
(c) The Lake District.
4. How much rain fell on the day the severe drought ended, as mentioned in Chapter 5?
(a) One inch.
(b) Two inches.
(c) Thirty millimeters.
(d) Fifty millimeters.
5. What organism did Darwin's colleague Joseph Hooker study?
(a) Bracket fungi.
(b) Sea cucumbers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Weiner compares the finches' hunt for seeds to which human food?
2. Which classic work of literature did Darwin take with him on his trip to the Galapagos Islands?
3. From how far away do the Grants take photographs of the finches for their research?
4. How many species of finch live in the Galapagos Islands?
5. How much rain has fallen on the island in the past forty-four months?
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)