|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal does Weiner describe as having "the body plan of a volcano"?
2. What organization did Tjitte de Vries direct?
(a) The Finch Unit.
(b) The Environmental Protection Agency.
(c) The Charles Darwin Research Station.
(d) The Center for Disease Control and Prevention.
3. How much rain fell on the day the severe drought ended, as mentioned in Chapter 5?
(a) Fifty millimeters.
(b) One inch.
(c) Thirty millimeters.
(d) Two inches.
4. Where does Jamie Smith study sparrows?
(b) British Columbia.
5. What Galapagos island is mentioned in the first sentence of Chapter 1?
(b) Daphne Major.
(d) Sin Nombre.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many populations of finches did the Grants study during their first year in the Galapagos?
2. As discussed in Chapter 4, which of the finches' traits did Peter Boag study for his thesis?
3. Where did Peter Grant pursue his undergraduate degree?
4. What normally causes the finches not to eat Chamaesyce?
5. What animals did Darwin call "imps of darkness"?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)