|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From how far away do the Grants take photographs of the finches for their research?
(a) 91 centimeters.
(b) 53 centimeters.
(c) 27 centimeters.
(d) 1 meter.
2. How much rain fell on the day the severe drought ended, as mentioned in Chapter 5?
(a) One inch.
(b) Two inches.
(c) Fifty millimeters.
(d) Thirty millimeters.
3. What organization did Tjitte de Vries direct?
(a) The Center for Disease Control and Prevention.
(b) The Charles Darwin Research Station.
(c) The Finch Unit.
(d) The Environmental Protection Agency.
4. How long have the Grants been conducting research on this island?
(a) 30 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 12 years.
(d) 20 years.
5. Which famous writer went to Christ's College before Darwin?
(a) Daniel Defoe.
(b) Robert Louis Stevenson.
(c) William Shakespeare.
(d) John Milton.
Short Answer Questions
1. Cactus finches build their nest to protect themselves from which animal?
2. Which biologist thought of Darwin's finches as "not separate species at all, but 'hybrid swarms'"?
3. What book did Darwin call his "Big Book"?
4. Where does Jamie Smith study sparrows?
5. As mentioned in Chapter 5, which book did Laurene Ratcliffe read while waiting for rain on Daphne Major?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)