|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As related at the end of Chapter 3, which person sustained an injury from the barnacles on Daphne Major?
(a) Lisle Gibbs.
(b) Peter Boag.
(c) Ian Abbott.
(d) Peter Grant.
2. What was the name of the captain of Darwin's ship?
3. What is the name of the instrument the Grants use to measure the hardness of the seeds the finches eat?
(b) The McGill nutcracker.
(c) The McGill barometer.
(d) The Princeton omni-tool.
4. Who has deeply studied the history of studying evolution in the Galapagos Islands?
(a) Frank J. Sulloway.
(b) David Anderson.
(c) Peter Boag.
(d) William Hamilton.
5. Which weed does Chapter 4 discuss in detail?
(a) Lemon grass.
Short Answer Questions
1. As discussed in Chapter 4, which of the finches' traits did Peter Boag study for his thesis?
2. What type of bird did Darwin breed back home in England?
3. To which of the researchers' objects are finches always attracted?
4. Where did Peter Grant pursue his undergraduate degree?
5. From how far away do the Grants take photographs of the finches for their research?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)