|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jamie Smith study sparrows?
(a) British Columbia.
2. What was the name of the captain of Darwin's ship?
3. Which year was the dry year that is discussed in Chapter 5?
4. As Rosemary relates, what sometimes causes a bamboo pole to become unexpectedly heavy as one carries it?
(a) A hawk.
(b) An eagle.
(d) An iguana.
5. How many species of Ground finch are there in the Galapagos?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Weiner, the woodpecker's beak is similar to what tool?
2. On which island in the Galapagos archipelago did Darwin land first?
3. Who, when observing Darwin's finches in museums, noticed the many differences in the birds' beaks?
4. The Grants' research is compared to which novel?
5. How many populations of finches did the Grants study during their first year in the Galapagos?
This section contains 164 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)