|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On which island in the Galapagos archipelago did Darwin land first?
(a) San Cristóbal.
2. Where does Jamie Smith study sparrows?
(d) British Columbia.
3. Weiner compares the Cactus finch to whom in the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) The faculty of the University of Michigan.
(b) The Pittsburgh Penguins.
(c) Plains Indians.
(d) The Pilgrims.
4. As mentioned in Chapter 5, which book did Laurene Ratcliffe read while waiting for rain on Daphne Major?
(a) The Sound and the Fury.
(b) A Streetcar Named Desire.
(c) Waiting for Godot.
(d) The Agony and the Ecstasy.
5. Where do the Grants work in the United States?
(a) The Ohio State University.
(b) Princeton University.
(d) Yale University.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long have the Grants been conducting research on this island?
2. Who devised the metaphor of the watch and the watchmaker?
3. Who, when observing Darwin's finches in museums, noticed the many differences in the birds' beaks?
4. Which classic work of literature did Darwin take with him on his trip to the Galapagos Islands?
5. What animals did Darwin call "imps of darkness"?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)