|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which biologist thought of Darwin's finches as "not separate species at all, but 'hybrid swarms'"?
(a) David Lack.
(b) Percy R. Lowe.
(c) Jamie Smith.
(d) Peter Boag.
2. The Grants' research is compared to which novel?
(a) Anna Karenina.
(b) Jane Eyre.
(c) War and Peace.
(d) Great Expectations.
3. As related at the end of Chapter 3, which person sustained an injury from the barnacles on Daphne Major?
(a) Peter Boag.
(b) Ian Abbott.
(c) Peter Grant.
(d) Lisle Gibbs.
4. How long did Darwin study barnacles?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 25 years.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 7 years.
5. As Chapter 5 ends, Weiner mentions which food that Darwin ate in the Galapagos?
Short Answer Questions
1. What animals did Darwin call "imps of darkness"?
2. On which island in the Galapagos archipelago did Darwin land first?
3. Which weed does Chapter 4 discuss in detail?
4. From how far away do the Grants take photographs of the finches for their research?
5. What type of animal was the Eohippus (or the Hyracotherium)?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)