|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Grants' research is compared to which novel?
(a) Jane Eyre.
(b) Great Expectations.
(c) Anna Karenina.
(d) War and Peace.
2. What part of the finch is the tarsus?
3. Who, when observing Darwin's finches in museums, noticed the many differences in the birds' beaks?
(a) David Lack.
(b) Osbert Salvin.
(c) William Paley.
(d) Percy R. Lowe.
4. Where did Peter Grant pursue his undergraduate degree?
(a) New York University.
(b) Cambridge University.
(c) Harvard University.
5. As discussed in Chapter 4, which of the finches' traits did Peter Boag study for his thesis?
(a) Survival mechanisms.
(c) Tarsus length.
(d) Resistance to disease.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which weed does Chapter 4 discuss in detail?
2. Which playwright does Weiner quote at the end of Chapter 4?
3. In the dry year, how much bigger was the beak of a surviving finch than that of a dead finch?
4. What organization did Tjitte de Vries direct?
5. How many species of finch live in the Galapagos Islands?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)