|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which animal did one finch attack during the dry year?
(a) A mockingbird.
(b) A hawk.
(c) A black lizard.
(d) A sea lion.
2. Who devised the metaphor of the watch and the watchmaker?
(b) Joseph Hooker.
(c) William Paley.
(d) William Shakespeare.
3. How long did Darwin study barnacles?
(a) 25 years.
(b) 7 years.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 10 years.
4. As Chapter 5 ends, Weiner mentions which food that Darwin ate in the Galapagos?
5. What was the name of the captain of Darwin's ship?
Short Answer Questions
1. What book did Darwin call his "Big Book"?
2. Which biologist thought of Darwin's finches as "not separate species at all, but 'hybrid swarms'"?
3. Which weed does Chapter 4 discuss in detail?
4. Weiner compares the finches' hunt for seeds to which human food?
5. Cactus finches build their nest to protect themselves from which animal?
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)