|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As related at the end of Chapter 3, which person sustained an injury from the barnacles on Daphne Major?
(a) Lisle Gibbs.
(b) Ian Abbott.
(c) Peter Boag.
(d) Peter Grant.
2. How many species of Ground finch are there in the Galapagos?
3. As discussed in Chapter 4, which of the finches' traits did Peter Boag study for his thesis?
(a) Tarsus length.
(c) Survival mechanisms.
(d) Resistance to disease.
4. In Chapter 5, to which mythical figure does Weiner compare the finches?
(b) The Sirens.
5. Which animal did one finch attack during the dry year?
(a) A sea lion.
(b) A black lizard.
(c) A hawk.
(d) A mockingbird.
Short Answer Questions
1. To which of the researchers' objects are finches always attracted?
2. From what bird do the vampire finches drink blood?
3. Cactus finches build their nest to protect themselves from which animal?
4. Who devised the metaphor of the watch and the watchmaker?
5. Who is "the greatest authority on plants of the Galapagos"?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)