|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which playwright does Weiner quote at the end of Chapter 4?
2. Which weed does Chapter 4 discuss in detail?
(c) Lemon grass.
3. On which island in the Galapagos archipelago did Darwin land first?
(a) San Cristóbal.
4. Who, when observing Darwin's finches in museums, noticed the many differences in the birds' beaks?
(a) William Paley.
(b) Osbert Salvin.
(c) David Lack.
(d) Percy R. Lowe.
5. How many populations of finches did the Grants study during their first year in the Galapagos?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of bird did Darwin breed back home in England?
2. As related at the end of Chapter 3, which person sustained an injury from the barnacles on Daphne Major?
3. The Grants' research is compared to which novel?
4. How long did Darwin study barnacles?
5. In the dry year, how much bigger was the beak of a surviving finch than that of a dead finch?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)