|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which year was the dry year that is discussed in Chapter 5?
2. How many species of finch live in the Galapagos Islands?
3. Which animal did the evolutionist David Lack not consider when formulating his ideas, as mentioned in Chapter 4?
4. As related at the end of Chapter 3, which person sustained an injury from the barnacles on Daphne Major?
(a) Ian Abbott.
(b) Peter Grant.
(c) Peter Boag.
(d) Lisle Gibbs.
5. As discussed in Chapter 4, which of the finches' traits did Peter Boag study for his thesis?
(a) Survival mechanisms.
(b) Tarsus length.
(d) Resistance to disease.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long have the Grants been conducting research on this island?
2. As mentioned in Chapter 5, which book did Laurene Ratcliffe read while waiting for rain on Daphne Major?
3. How much rain fell on the day the severe drought ended, as mentioned in Chapter 5?
4. What normally causes the finches not to eat Chamaesyce?
5. What animals did Darwin call "imps of darkness"?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)