|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which animal did one finch attack during the dry year?
(a) A mockingbird.
(b) A sea lion.
(c) A hawk.
(d) A black lizard.
2. What type of bird did Darwin breed back home in England?
3. In what year did the Grants first go to the Galapagos?
4. How long did Darwin study barnacles?
(a) 7 years.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 25 years.
(d) 10 years.
5. Which famous writer went to Christ's College before Darwin?
(a) John Milton.
(b) Daniel Defoe.
(c) William Shakespeare.
(d) Robert Louis Stevenson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Galapagos island is mentioned in the first sentence of Chapter 1?
2. Which weed does Chapter 4 discuss in detail?
3. Which biologist thought of Darwin's finches as "not separate species at all, but 'hybrid swarms'"?
4. Where does Jamie Smith study sparrows?
5. Who named one finch species "Geospiza incerta," which, according to Weiner, means "ground finch, I guess"?
This section contains 161 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)