|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What organism did Darwin's colleague Joseph Hooker study?
(c) Sea cucumbers.
(d) Bracket fungi.
2. How many species of Ground finch are there in the Galapagos?
3. Approximately how many islands are in the Galapagos Archipelago?
4. How long have the Grants been conducting research on this island?
(a) 20 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 12 years.
(d) 30 years.
5. How many populations of finches did the Grants study during their first year in the Galapagos?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many species of finch live in the Galapagos Islands?
2. Weiner compares the finches' hunt for seeds to which human food?
3. What was the name of Darwin's grandfather?
4. What book did Darwin call his "Big Book"?
5. What type of animal was the Eohippus (or the Hyracotherium)?
This section contains 141 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)