|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of the finch is the tarsus?
2. The Grants' research is compared to which novel?
(a) War and Peace.
(b) Great Expectations.
(c) Jane Eyre.
(d) Anna Karenina.
3. How old are the oldest finches on the island?
(a) 12 years old.
(b) 15 years old.
(c) 13 years old.
(d) 5 years old.
4. In Chapter 5, to which mythical figure does Weiner compare the finches?
(d) The Sirens.
5. Who is "the greatest authority on plants of the Galapagos"?
(a) Duncan Porter.
(b) Ian Abbott.
(c) Peter Boag.
(d) David Lack.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which classic work of literature did Darwin take with him on his trip to the Galapagos Islands?
2. What is the nickname by which Peter calls the finch in Chapter 1?
3. In the dry year, how much bigger was the beak of a surviving finch than that of a dead finch?
4. With what does Rosemary bait the finch traps?
5. Weiner compares the Cactus finch to whom in the beginning of Chapter 2?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)