|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is the beak of a finch that is about to mate?
2. Which playwright does Weiner quote at the end of Chapter 4?
3. According to Weiner, the woodpecker's beak is similar to what tool?
4. From what bird do the vampire finches drink blood?
(c) Passenger pigeons.
5. As mentioned in Chapter 5, which book did Laurene Ratcliffe read while waiting for rain on Daphne Major?
(a) Waiting for Godot.
(b) A Streetcar Named Desire.
(c) The Sound and the Fury.
(d) The Agony and the Ecstasy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Approximately how many islands are in the Galapagos Archipelago?
2. What type of bird did Darwin breed back home in England?
3. How much rain fell on the day the severe drought ended, as mentioned in Chapter 5?
4. What Galapagos island is mentioned in the first sentence of Chapter 1?
5. Which classic work of literature did Darwin take with him on his trip to the Galapagos Islands?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)