|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animals did Darwin call "imps of darkness"?
(b) Sea lions.
2. Which famous writer went to Christ's College before Darwin?
(a) Daniel Defoe.
(b) William Shakespeare.
(c) John Milton.
(d) Robert Louis Stevenson.
3. With what does Rosemary bait the finch traps?
(c) Seal blubber.
4. To which of the researchers' objects are finches always attracted?
(b) The trash can.
(c) A bucket of water.
5. What Galapagos island is mentioned in the first sentence of Chapter 1?
(a) Daphne Major.
(c) Sin Nombre.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of the finch is the tarsus?
2. How many species of finch live in the Galapagos Islands?
3. What is the name of the instrument the Grants use to measure the hardness of the seeds the finches eat?
4. Who analyzed the finch data from the 1970s using partial regression analysis?
5. Which classic work of literature did Darwin take with him on his trip to the Galapagos Islands?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)