|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the nickname by which Peter calls the finch in Chapter 1?
(c) Famous Bird.
(d) Oolong Oolong.
2. What animals did Darwin call "imps of darkness"?
(b) Sea lions.
3. Approximately how many islands are in the Galapagos Archipelago?
4. Where did Rosemary spend her childhood?
(d) The Lake District.
5. Which biologist thought of Darwin's finches as "not separate species at all, but 'hybrid swarms'"?
(a) Percy R. Lowe.
(b) Peter Boag.
(c) Jamie Smith.
(d) David Lack.
Short Answer Questions
1. What organization did Tjitte de Vries direct?
2. What was the name of Darwin's grandfather?
3. What type of animal was the Eohippus (or the Hyracotherium)?
4. The Grants' research is compared to which novel?
5. Which year was the dry year that is discussed in Chapter 5?
This section contains 155 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)