|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What organism did Darwin's colleague Joseph Hooker study?
(c) Bracket fungi.
(d) Sea cucumbers.
2. Who named one finch species "Geospiza incerta," which, according to Weiner, means "ground finch, I guess"?
(b) John Gould.
(c) Carolus Linnaeus.
(d) Peter Grant.
3. Cactus finches build their nest to protect themselves from which animal?
4. What animals did Darwin call "imps of darkness"?
(d) Sea lions.
5. In what year did the Grants first go to the Galapagos?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of animal was the Eohippus (or the Hyracotherium)?
2. What color is the beak of a finch that is about to mate?
3. What normally causes the finches not to eat Chamaesyce?
4. Which classic work of literature did Darwin take with him on his trip to the Galapagos Islands?
5. What Galapagos island is mentioned in the first sentence of Chapter 1?
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)