|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Rosemary spend her childhood?
(c) The Lake District.
2. In Chapter 5, to which mythical figure does Weiner compare the finches?
(c) The Sirens.
3. What Galapagos island is mentioned in the first sentence of Chapter 1?
(a) Daphne Major.
(d) Sin Nombre.
4. What organism did Darwin's colleague Joseph Hooker study?
(a) Bracket fungi.
(d) Sea cucumbers.
5. Which classic work of literature did Darwin take with him on his trip to the Galapagos Islands?
(b) Paradise Lost.
(c) The Divine Comedy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animals did Darwin call "imps of darkness"?
2. Who is "the greatest authority on plants of the Galapagos"?
3. Where do the Grants work in the United States?
4. Which biologist thought of Darwin's finches as "not separate species at all, but 'hybrid swarms'"?
5. As Chapter 5 ends, Weiner mentions which food that Darwin ate in the Galapagos?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)