|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has deeply studied the history of studying evolution in the Galapagos Islands?
(a) David Anderson.
(b) William Hamilton.
(c) Peter Boag.
(d) Frank J. Sulloway.
2. Weiner compares the Cactus finch to whom in the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) The faculty of the University of Michigan.
(b) The Pilgrims.
(c) Plains Indians.
(d) The Pittsburgh Penguins.
3. The Grants' research is compared to which novel?
(a) Great Expectations.
(b) Anna Karenina.
(c) Jane Eyre.
(d) War and Peace.
4. Where did Peter Grant pursue his undergraduate degree?
(a) Harvard University.
(b) Cambridge University.
(c) New York University.
5. What is the name of the instrument the Grants use to measure the hardness of the seeds the finches eat?
(a) The McGill nutcracker.
(b) The McGill barometer.
(c) The Princeton omni-tool.
Short Answer Questions
1. To which of the researchers' objects are finches always attracted?
2. Which weed does Chapter 4 discuss in detail?
3. On which island in the Galapagos archipelago did Darwin land first?
4. How long have the Grants been conducting research on this island?
5. What animals did Darwin call "imps of darkness"?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)