|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who named one finch species "Geospiza incerta," which, according to Weiner, means "ground finch, I guess"?
(b) Peter Grant.
(c) John Gould.
(d) Carolus Linnaeus.
2. Where do the Grants work in the United States?
(a) Princeton University.
(b) The Ohio State University.
(c) Yale University.
3. Who is "the greatest authority on plants of the Galapagos"?
(a) Duncan Porter.
(b) Ian Abbott.
(c) David Lack.
(d) Peter Boag.
4. What was the name of Darwin's grandfather?
5. Who analyzed the finch data from the 1970s using partial regression analysis?
(a) Rosemary Grant.
(b) Trevor Price.
(c) Peter Boag.
(d) Ian Abbott.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jamie Smith study sparrows?
2. Which classic work of literature did Darwin take with him on his trip to the Galapagos Islands?
3. How much rain has fallen on the island in the past forty-four months?
4. What was the name of the captain of Darwin's ship?
5. Who, when observing Darwin's finches in museums, noticed the many differences in the birds' beaks?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)