|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the dry year, how much bigger was the beak of a surviving finch than that of a dead finch?
(a) Half a millimeter.
(b) Three millimeters.
(c) One millimeter.
(d) Two millimeters.
2. Which famous writer went to Christ's College before Darwin?
(a) William Shakespeare.
(b) John Milton.
(c) Robert Louis Stevenson.
(d) Daniel Defoe.
3. Weiner compares the finches' hunt for seeds to which human food?
(b) Potato chips.
4. Where did Peter Grant pursue his undergraduate degree?
(a) New York University.
(c) Cambridge University.
(d) Harvard University.
5. How long have the Grants been conducting research on this island?
(a) 12 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 30 years.
(d) 20 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old are the oldest finches on the island?
2. Where does Jamie Smith study sparrows?
3. Approximately how many islands are in the Galapagos Archipelago?
4. To which of the researchers' objects are finches always attracted?
5. Who is "the greatest authority on plants of the Galapagos"?
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)