|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Galapagos island is mentioned in the first sentence of Chapter 1?
(b) Sin Nombre.
(d) Daphne Major.
2. How old are the oldest finches on the island?
(a) 15 years old.
(b) 13 years old.
(c) 12 years old.
(d) 5 years old.
3. Who has deeply studied the history of studying evolution in the Galapagos Islands?
(a) David Anderson.
(b) William Hamilton.
(c) Peter Boag.
(d) Frank J. Sulloway.
4. Weiner compares the finches' hunt for seeds to which human food?
(b) Potato chips.
5. As discussed in Chapter 4, which of the finches' traits did Peter Boag study for his thesis?
(a) Tarsus length.
(b) Survival mechanisms.
(d) Resistance to disease.
Short Answer Questions
1. As related at the end of Chapter 3, which person sustained an injury from the barnacles on Daphne Major?
2. Who named one finch species "Geospiza incerta," which, according to Weiner, means "ground finch, I guess"?
3. What organism did Darwin's colleague Joseph Hooker study?
4. Where did Peter Grant pursue his undergraduate degree?
5. What was the name of Darwin's grandfather?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)