|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is "the greatest authority on plants of the Galapagos"?
(a) Duncan Porter.
(b) Ian Abbott.
(c) David Lack.
(d) Peter Boag.
2. What book did Darwin call his "Big Book"?
(b) War and Peace.
(c) The Origin of Species.
(d) The Voyage of the Beagle.
3. What part of the finch is the tarsus?
4. Who has deeply studied the history of studying evolution in the Galapagos Islands?
(a) David Anderson.
(b) William Hamilton.
(c) Peter Boag.
(d) Frank J. Sulloway.
5. In what year did the Grants first go to the Galapagos?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of bird did Darwin breed back home in England?
2. What animals did Darwin call "imps of darkness"?
3. Where do the Grants work in the United States?
4. On which island in the Galapagos archipelago did Darwin land first?
5. What is the nickname by which Peter calls the finch in Chapter 1?
This section contains 165 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)