|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What book did Darwin call his "Big Book"?
(a) The Voyage of the Beagle.
(b) War and Peace.
(c) The Origin of Species.
2. What organism did Darwin's colleague Joseph Hooker study?
(a) Sea cucumbers.
(c) Bracket fungi.
3. In what year did the Grants first go to the Galapagos?
4. Approximately how many islands are in the Galapagos Archipelago?
5. How many species of Ground finch are there in the Galapagos?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did Darwin study barnacles?
2. What is the nickname by which Peter calls the finch in Chapter 1?
3. How old are the oldest finches on the island?
4. How much rain has fallen on the island in the past forty-four months?
5. The Grants' research is compared to which novel?
This section contains 151 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)