|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what bird do the vampire finches drink blood?
(a) Passenger pigeons.
2. Which classic work of literature did Darwin take with him on his trip to the Galapagos Islands?
(a) Paradise Lost.
(d) The Divine Comedy.
3. What animal does Weiner describe as having "the body plan of a volcano"?
4. What animals did Darwin call "imps of darkness"?
(d) Sea lions.
5. Who has deeply studied the history of studying evolution in the Galapagos Islands?
(a) Frank J. Sulloway.
(b) Peter Boag.
(c) David Anderson.
(d) William Hamilton.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Galapagos island is mentioned in the first sentence of Chapter 1?
2. Where did Peter Grant pursue his undergraduate degree?
3. Where did Rosemary spend her childhood?
4. How many species of Ground finch are there in the Galapagos?
5. How much rain has fallen on the island in the past forty-four months?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)