|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is the beak of a finch that is about to mate?
2. Which classic work of literature did Darwin take with him on his trip to the Galapagos Islands?
(a) Paradise Lost.
(d) The Divine Comedy.
3. How old are the oldest finches on the island?
(a) 15 years old.
(b) 5 years old.
(c) 12 years old.
(d) 13 years old.
4. What part of the finch is the tarsus?
5. What type of bird did Darwin breed back home in England?
Short Answer Questions
1. From how far away do the Grants take photographs of the finches for their research?
2. As Rosemary relates, what sometimes causes a bamboo pole to become unexpectedly heavy as one carries it?
3. What was the name of the captain of Darwin's ship?
4. With what does Rosemary bait the finch traps?
5. What organism did Darwin's colleague Joseph Hooker study?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)