|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has deeply studied the history of studying evolution in the Galapagos Islands?
(a) Peter Boag.
(b) David Anderson.
(c) Frank J. Sulloway.
(d) William Hamilton.
2. The Grants' research is compared to which novel?
(a) Jane Eyre.
(b) Great Expectations.
(c) Anna Karenina.
(d) War and Peace.
3. Which classic work of literature did Darwin take with him on his trip to the Galapagos Islands?
(a) Paradise Lost.
(d) The Divine Comedy.
4. On which island in the Galapagos archipelago did Darwin land first?
(d) San Cristóbal.
5. What part of the finch is the tarsus?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who named one finch species "Geospiza incerta," which, according to Weiner, means "ground finch, I guess"?
2. How much rain has fallen on the island in the past forty-four months?
3. From what bird do the vampire finches drink blood?
4. Where did Rosemary spend her childhood?
5. As related at the end of Chapter 3, which person sustained an injury from the barnacles on Daphne Major?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)