|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Weiner compares the Cactus finch to whom in the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) The Pilgrims.
(b) The faculty of the University of Michigan.
(c) The Pittsburgh Penguins.
(d) Plains Indians.
2. How old are the oldest finches on the island?
(a) 12 years old.
(b) 15 years old.
(c) 13 years old.
(d) 5 years old.
3. What was the name of Darwin's grandfather?
4. What type of bird did Darwin breed back home in England?
5. From how far away do the Grants take photographs of the finches for their research?
(a) 53 centimeters.
(b) 91 centimeters.
(c) 1 meter.
(d) 27 centimeters.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Rosemary spend her childhood?
2. In what year did the Grants first go to the Galapagos?
3. Where did Peter Grant pursue his undergraduate degree?
4. How many species of finch live in the Galapagos Islands?
5. What organism did Darwin's colleague Joseph Hooker study?
This section contains 151 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)