|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many populations of finches did the Grants study during their first year in the Galapagos?
2. As Rosemary relates, what sometimes causes a bamboo pole to become unexpectedly heavy as one carries it?
(b) An eagle.
(c) A hawk.
(d) An iguana.
3. What type of bird did Darwin breed back home in England?
4. As related at the end of Chapter 3, which person sustained an injury from the barnacles on Daphne Major?
(a) Peter Boag.
(b) Peter Grant.
(c) Ian Abbott.
(d) Lisle Gibbs.
5. Approximately how many islands are in the Galapagos Archipelago?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who named one finch species "Geospiza incerta," which, according to Weiner, means "ground finch, I guess"?
2. How many species of Ground finch are there in the Galapagos?
3. How much rain has fallen on the island in the past forty-four months?
4. What organism did Darwin's colleague Joseph Hooker study?
5. What book did Darwin call his "Big Book"?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)