|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long have the Grants been conducting research on this island?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 12 years.
(c) 20 years.
(d) 30 years.
2. How much rain has fallen on the island in the past forty-four months?
(a) 50 inches.
(b) 5 inches.
(c) 500 inches.
(d) 1/5 of an inch.
3. On which island in the Galapagos archipelago did Darwin land first?
(d) San Cristóbal.
4. Which classic work of literature did Darwin take with him on his trip to the Galapagos Islands?
(c) Paradise Lost.
(d) The Divine Comedy.
5. Where does Jamie Smith study sparrows?
(c) British Columbia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of the finch is the tarsus?
2. What animal does Weiner describe as having "the body plan of a volcano"?
3. Where do the Grants work in the United States?
4. Approximately how many islands are in the Galapagos Archipelago?
5. Who named one finch species "Geospiza incerta," which, according to Weiner, means "ground finch, I guess"?
This section contains 165 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)