|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has deeply studied the history of studying evolution in the Galapagos Islands?
(a) Frank J. Sulloway.
(b) Peter Boag.
(c) William Hamilton.
(d) David Anderson.
2. The Grants' research is compared to which novel?
(a) Jane Eyre.
(b) War and Peace.
(c) Great Expectations.
(d) Anna Karenina.
3. Where did Peter Grant pursue his undergraduate degree?
(a) Cambridge University.
(b) New York University.
(d) Harvard University.
4. What Galapagos island is mentioned in the first sentence of Chapter 1?
(a) Daphne Major.
(c) Sin Nombre.
5. As related at the end of Chapter 3, which person sustained an injury from the barnacles on Daphne Major?
(a) Peter Grant.
(b) Ian Abbott.
(c) Peter Boag.
(d) Lisle Gibbs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of animal was the Eohippus (or the Hyracotherium)?
2. How many species of finch live in the Galapagos Islands?
3. What is the nickname by which Peter calls the finch in Chapter 1?
4. What animals did Darwin call "imps of darkness"?
5. What part of the finch is the tarsus?
This section contains 165 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)