|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of the finch is the tarsus?
2. What color is the beak of a finch that is about to mate?
3. Where does Jamie Smith study sparrows?
(d) British Columbia.
4. What Galapagos island is mentioned in the first sentence of Chapter 1?
(b) Daphne Major.
(c) Sin Nombre.
5. What type of bird did Darwin breed back home in England?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did Darwin study barnacles?
2. From how far away do the Grants take photographs of the finches for their research?
3. On which island in the Galapagos archipelago did Darwin land first?
4. Who named one finch species "Geospiza incerta," which, according to Weiner, means "ground finch, I guess"?
5. Where do the Grants work in the United States?
This section contains 159 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)