|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jamie Smith study sparrows?
(d) British Columbia.
2. In what year did the Grants first go to the Galapagos?
3. Who named one finch species "Geospiza incerta," which, according to Weiner, means "ground finch, I guess"?
(a) John Gould.
(c) Peter Grant.
(d) Carolus Linnaeus.
4. What was the name of Darwin's grandfather?
5. Who has deeply studied the history of studying evolution in the Galapagos Islands?
(a) Frank J. Sulloway.
(b) David Anderson.
(c) William Hamilton.
(d) Peter Boag.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what bird do the vampire finches drink blood?
2. Approximately how many islands are in the Galapagos Archipelago?
3. Which classic work of literature did Darwin take with him on his trip to the Galapagos Islands?
4. How old are the oldest finches on the island?
5. What animals did Darwin call "imps of darkness"?
This section contains 155 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)