|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jamie Smith study sparrows?
(a) British Columbia.
2. From how far away do the Grants take photographs of the finches for their research?
(a) 91 centimeters.
(b) 53 centimeters.
(c) 27 centimeters.
(d) 1 meter.
3. Who has deeply studied the history of studying evolution in the Galapagos Islands?
(a) Peter Boag.
(b) William Hamilton.
(c) David Anderson.
(d) Frank J. Sulloway.
4. How many species of Ground finch are there in the Galapagos?
5. How long did Darwin study barnacles?
(a) 25 years.
(b) 7 years.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 10 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of the finch is the tarsus?
2. How long have the Grants been conducting research on this island?
3. In what year did the Grants first go to the Galapagos?
4. As Rosemary relates, what sometimes causes a bamboo pole to become unexpectedly heavy as one carries it?
5. Weiner compares the Cactus finch to whom in the beginning of Chapter 2?
This section contains 165 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)