|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animals did Darwin call "imps of darkness"?
(b) Sea lions.
2. How many species of Ground finch are there in the Galapagos?
3. What Galapagos island is mentioned in the first sentence of Chapter 1?
(b) Sin Nombre.
(c) Daphne Major.
4. What part of the finch is the tarsus?
5. How much rain has fallen on the island in the past forty-four months?
(a) 500 inches.
(b) 5 inches.
(c) 1/5 of an inch.
(d) 50 inches.
Short Answer Questions
1. What organism did Darwin's colleague Joseph Hooker study?
2. Where do the Grants work in the United States?
3. What book did Darwin call his "Big Book"?
4. On which island in the Galapagos archipelago did Darwin land first?
5. The Grants' research is compared to which novel?
This section contains 163 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)