|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Rosemary relates, what sometimes causes a bamboo pole to become unexpectedly heavy as one carries it?
(a) A hawk.
(c) An iguana.
(d) An eagle.
2. As related at the end of Chapter 3, which person sustained an injury from the barnacles on Daphne Major?
(a) Ian Abbott.
(b) Peter Boag.
(c) Peter Grant.
(d) Lisle Gibbs.
3. Where did Rosemary spend her childhood?
(c) The Lake District.
4. How many species of finch live in the Galapagos Islands?
5. What book did Darwin call his "Big Book"?
(a) The Voyage of the Beagle.
(b) War and Peace.
(c) The Origin of Species.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the beak of a finch that is about to mate?
2. What animals did Darwin call "imps of darkness"?
3. How many species of Ground finch are there in the Galapagos?
4. What is the nickname by which Peter calls the finch in Chapter 1?
5. Who has deeply studied the history of studying evolution in the Galapagos Islands?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)