|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what bird do the vampire finches drink blood?
(c) Passenger pigeons.
2. What was the name of the captain of Darwin's ship?
3. Approximately how many islands are in the Galapagos Archipelago?
4. From how far away do the Grants take photographs of the finches for their research?
(a) 27 centimeters.
(b) 53 centimeters.
(c) 1 meter.
(d) 91 centimeters.
5. In what year did the Grants first go to the Galapagos?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of animal was the Eohippus (or the Hyracotherium)?
2. Which classic work of literature did Darwin take with him on his trip to the Galapagos Islands?
3. What was the name of Darwin's grandfather?
4. Who has deeply studied the history of studying evolution in the Galapagos Islands?
5. What part of the finch is the tarsus?
This section contains 150 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)