|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Peter Grant pursue his undergraduate degree?
(b) New York University.
(c) Cambridge University.
(d) Harvard University.
2. How many species of finch live in the Galapagos Islands?
3. Which classic work of literature did Darwin take with him on his trip to the Galapagos Islands?
(a) The Divine Comedy.
(d) Paradise Lost.
4. How much rain has fallen on the island in the past forty-four months?
(a) 500 inches.
(b) 5 inches.
(c) 1/5 of an inch.
(d) 50 inches.
5. What color is the beak of a finch that is about to mate?
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of the finch is the tarsus?
2. As related at the end of Chapter 3, which person sustained an injury from the barnacles on Daphne Major?
3. Weiner compares the Cactus finch to whom in the beginning of Chapter 2?
4. What animals did Darwin call "imps of darkness"?
5. Who has deeply studied the history of studying evolution in the Galapagos Islands?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)