|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Peter Grant pursue his undergraduate degree?
(b) Cambridge University.
(c) Harvard University.
(d) New York University.
2. What is the nickname by which Peter calls the finch in Chapter 1?
(a) Famous Bird.
(b) Oolong Oolong.
3. What animal does Weiner describe as having "the body plan of a volcano"?
4. What type of bird did Darwin breed back home in England?
5. What part of the finch is the tarsus?
Short Answer Questions
1. What Galapagos island is mentioned in the first sentence of Chapter 1?
2. How many species of Ground finch are there in the Galapagos?
3. How long did Darwin study barnacles?
4. Approximately how many islands are in the Galapagos Archipelago?
5. In what year did the Grants first go to the Galapagos?
This section contains 140 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)