|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What organism did Darwin's colleague Joseph Hooker study?
(b) Bracket fungi.
(c) Sea cucumbers.
2. The Grants' research is compared to which novel?
(a) War and Peace.
(b) Anna Karenina.
(c) Jane Eyre.
(d) Great Expectations.
3. Approximately how many islands are in the Galapagos Archipelago?
4. Where do the Grants work in the United States?
(a) Princeton University.
(b) Yale University.
(c) The Ohio State University.
5. What Galapagos island is mentioned in the first sentence of Chapter 1?
(a) Daphne Major.
(d) Sin Nombre.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which classic work of literature did Darwin take with him on his trip to the Galapagos Islands?
2. What part of the finch is the tarsus?
3. What type of bird did Darwin breed back home in England?
4. How many populations of finches did the Grants study during their first year in the Galapagos?
5. Who has deeply studied the history of studying evolution in the Galapagos Islands?
This section contains 164 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)