|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did the Grants first go to the Galapagos?
2. From what bird do the vampire finches drink blood?
(c) Passenger pigeons.
3. What was the name of Darwin's grandfather?
4. Where do the Grants work in the United States?
(a) Princeton University.
(b) The Ohio State University.
(d) Yale University.
5. Who named one finch species "Geospiza incerta," which, according to Weiner, means "ground finch, I guess"?
(b) Peter Grant.
(c) John Gould.
(d) Carolus Linnaeus.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what does Rosemary bait the finch traps?
2. How long did Darwin study barnacles?
3. What animal does Weiner describe as having "the body plan of a volcano"?
4. What was the name of the captain of Darwin's ship?
5. What animals did Darwin call "imps of darkness"?
This section contains 144 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)