|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal does Weiner describe as having "the body plan of a volcano"?
2. How long did Darwin study barnacles?
(a) 7 years.
(b) 25 years.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 10 years.
3. Where does Jamie Smith study sparrows?
(d) British Columbia.
4. Where did Peter Grant pursue his undergraduate degree?
(a) Harvard University.
(b) New York University.
(c) Cambridge University.
5. From what bird do the vampire finches drink blood?
(b) Passenger pigeons.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much rain has fallen on the island in the past forty-four months?
2. How many species of finch live in the Galapagos Islands?
3. Who named one finch species "Geospiza incerta," which, according to Weiner, means "ground finch, I guess"?
4. What animals did Darwin call "imps of darkness"?
5. What book did Darwin call his "Big Book"?
This section contains 154 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)