|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old are the oldest finches on the island?
(a) 13 years old.
(b) 12 years old.
(c) 15 years old.
(d) 5 years old.
2. Where does Jamie Smith study sparrows?
(a) British Columbia.
3. Where did Rosemary spend her childhood?
(c) The Lake District.
4. Weiner compares the Cactus finch to whom in the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) Plains Indians.
(b) The Pittsburgh Penguins.
(c) The faculty of the University of Michigan.
(d) The Pilgrims.
5. Who named one finch species "Geospiza incerta," which, according to Weiner, means "ground finch, I guess"?
(a) John Gould.
(c) Carolus Linnaeus.
(d) Peter Grant.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did Darwin study barnacles?
2. Where did Peter Grant pursue his undergraduate degree?
3. With what does Rosemary bait the finch traps?
4. Which classic work of literature did Darwin take with him on his trip to the Galapagos Islands?
5. What part of the finch is the tarsus?
This section contains 164 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)