|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long have the Grants been conducting research on this island?
(a) 12 years.
(b) 20 years.
(c) 30 years.
(d) 5 years.
2. On which island in the Galapagos archipelago did Darwin land first?
(d) San Cristóbal.
3. In what year did the Grants first go to the Galapagos?
4. What organism did Darwin's colleague Joseph Hooker study?
(c) Sea cucumbers.
(d) Bracket fungi.
5. What was the name of the captain of Darwin's ship?
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the beak of a finch that is about to mate?
2. What Galapagos island is mentioned in the first sentence of Chapter 1?
3. What type of animal was the Eohippus (or the Hyracotherium)?
4. With what does Rosemary bait the finch traps?
5. What animals did Darwin call "imps of darkness"?
This section contains 145 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)