|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who named one finch species "Geospiza incerta," which, according to Weiner, means "ground finch, I guess"?
(a) Carolus Linnaeus.
(c) John Gould.
(d) Peter Grant.
2. Who has deeply studied the history of studying evolution in the Galapagos Islands?
(a) Frank J. Sulloway.
(b) William Hamilton.
(c) David Anderson.
(d) Peter Boag.
3. What part of the finch is the tarsus?
4. How many populations of finches did the Grants study during their first year in the Galapagos?
5. Where does Jamie Smith study sparrows?
(d) British Columbia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of animal was the Eohippus (or the Hyracotherium)?
2. Where did Rosemary spend her childhood?
3. What animal does Weiner describe as having "the body plan of a volcano"?
4. What type of bird did Darwin breed back home in England?
5. What book did Darwin call his "Big Book"?
This section contains 163 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)