|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of bird did Darwin breed back home in England?
2. On which island in the Galapagos archipelago did Darwin land first?
(b) San Cristóbal.
3. How many species of finch live in the Galapagos Islands?
4. Who named one finch species "Geospiza incerta," which, according to Weiner, means "ground finch, I guess"?
(a) Peter Grant.
(b) John Gould.
(c) Carolus Linnaeus.
5. What book did Darwin call his "Big Book"?
(a) The Voyage of the Beagle.
(b) The Origin of Species.
(d) War and Peace.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal does Weiner describe as having "the body plan of a volcano"?
2. Where do the Grants work in the United States?
3. How many populations of finches did the Grants study during their first year in the Galapagos?
4. How much rain has fallen on the island in the past forty-four months?
5. Who has deeply studied the history of studying evolution in the Galapagos Islands?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)