|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who appears in Chapter 15 separating DNA in plastic bags?
(a) Trevor Price.
(b) Dolph Schluter.
(c) Peter Boag.
(d) Peter Grant.
2. In the first paragraph of Chapter 11, Darwin is discussing the hybridization of which animal?
3. What book did Darwin call his "Big Book"?
(a) The Origin of Species.
(b) War and Peace.
(d) The Voyage of the Beagle.
4. In chapter 6, Weiner compares evolution to the motion of which object?
(a) A kaleidoscope.
(b) A whirligig.
(c) A Jackson Pollock painting.
(d) A volcano.
5. Which type of fish is discussed at length in Chapter 6?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many mating songs does each species of finch have?
2. As mentioned in Chapter 16, Darwin states that which bird landed on his water pitcher?
3. How many sparrows survived the first population crash that Jamie Smith studied?
4. Of whom does Peter Grant keep newspaper photos on his office door?
5. What Galapagos island is mentioned in the first sentence of Chapter 1?
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)