Eight Week Quiz E
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who argued against the principle of divergence using the phrase "the Ghost of Competition Past"?
(a) David Lack.
(c) Peter Boag.
(d) Joseph Connell.
2. As of the time of Rosemary's interview in Chapter 8, how many finches were not banded on Daphne Major?
3. What was the name of the captain of Darwin's ship?
4. What color "indicates age and experience" in the male finches' feathers?
5. Weiner compares the finches' hunt for seeds to which human food?
(a) Potato chips.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the animal resulting from the cross between a male horse and a female donkey?
2. In the first paragraph of Chapter 11, Darwin is discussing the hybridization of which animal?
3. In what book does Darwin discuss "sexual selection"?
4. What is the name of the village on Santa Cruz?
5. What Galapagos island is mentioned in the first sentence of Chapter 1?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)