|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the boat by which the Grants traveled from island to island, as mentioned in Chapter 8?
(a) The Enforcer.
(b) The Grossbeak.
(c) The Flamingo.
(d) The Sea Lion.
2. What is the name of the village on Santa Cruz?
(a) Puerto Vallarta.
(b) Rapa Nui.
(d) Puerto Ayora.
3. From what bird do the vampire finches drink blood?
(a) Passenger pigeons.
4. As mentioned in Chapter 5, which book did Laurene Ratcliffe read while waiting for rain on Daphne Major?
(a) Waiting for Godot.
(b) The Agony and the Ecstasy.
(c) The Sound and the Fury.
(d) A Streetcar Named Desire.
5. Which biologist thought of Darwin's finches as "not separate species at all, but 'hybrid swarms'"?
(a) Jamie Smith.
(b) Percy R. Lowe.
(c) David Lack.
(d) Peter Boag.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year was the Charles Darwin Research Station founded?
2. Of whom does Peter Grant keep newspaper photos on his office door?
3. Cactus finches build their nest to protect themselves from which animal?
4. To which of the researchers' objects are finches always attracted?
5. What Galapagos island is mentioned in the first sentence of Chapter 1?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)