Eight Week Quiz C
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what university did Lisle Gibbs study?
(a) Princeton University.
(b) Washington University of St. Louis.
(c) Ohio State University.
(d) University of Michigan.
2. In Chapter 6, what does Weiner compare to a Petri dish?
(c) Daphne Major.
(d) New York City.
3. How many species of finch live in the Galapagos Islands?
4. Which weed does Chapter 4 discuss in detail?
(a) Lemon grass.
5. As related at the end of Chapter 3, which person sustained an injury from the barnacles on Daphne Major?
(a) Lisle Gibbs.
(b) Ian Abbott.
(c) Peter Boag.
(d) Peter Grant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which type of animal in the Galapagos has one alpha male that mates with many females?
2. Who helped Jamie Smith analyze his data on sparrows?
3. What organization did Tjitte de Vries direct?
4. Which playwright does Weiner quote at the end of Chapter 4?
5. What Galapagos island is mentioned in the first sentence of Chapter 1?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)