Eight Week Quiz B
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 5, to which mythical figure does Weiner compare the finches?
(d) The Sirens.
2. According to Weiner, the woodpecker's beak is similar to what tool?
3. How old are the oldest finches on the island?
(a) 5 years old.
(b) 12 years old.
(c) 15 years old.
(d) 13 years old.
4. Which animal did one finch attack during the dry year?
(a) A mockingbird.
(b) A hawk.
(c) A black lizard.
(d) A sea lion.
5. Which classic work of literature did Darwin take with him on his trip to the Galapagos Islands?
(b) Paradise Lost.
(d) The Divine Comedy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which biologist thought of Darwin's finches as "not separate species at all, but 'hybrid swarms'"?
2. Who analyzed the finch data from the 1970s using partial regression analysis?
3. What animal does Weiner describe as having "the body plan of a volcano"?
4. How long did Darwin study barnacles?
5. What Galapagos island is mentioned in the first sentence of Chapter 1?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)