Eight Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did Darwin study barnacles?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 25 years.
(c) 7 years.
(d) 10 years.
2. What type of bird did Darwin breed back home in England?
3. What is the nickname by which Peter calls the finch in Chapter 1?
(a) Oolong Oolong.
(c) Famous Bird.
4. From what bird do the vampire finches drink blood?
(b) Passenger pigeons.
5. Where do the Grants work in the United States?
(a) Yale University.
(b) The Ohio State University.
(c) Princeton University.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Peter Grant pursue his undergraduate degree?
2. Where does Jamie Smith study sparrows?
3. Who has deeply studied the history of studying evolution in the Galapagos Islands?
4. In what year did the Grants first go to the Galapagos?
5. What Galapagos island is mentioned in the first sentence of Chapter 1?
This section contains 152 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)