|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much rain fell on the day the severe drought ended, as mentioned in Chapter 5?
(a) Thirty millimeters.
(b) Fifty millimeters.
(c) One inch.
(d) Two inches.
2. Which scientist is mentioned in Chapter 14 as strongly advocating the need for measurement in science?
(a) Lord Kelvin.
(b) Louis Pasteur.
(c) Marie Curie.
(d) Blaise Pascal.
3. Where did Darwin find the finch Magnirostris magnirostris?
(a) Santa Cruz.
(c) San Cristóbal.
4. What type of bird suffered on Genovesa during the rains of 1982-83?
5. What is the name of the librarian of the Charles Darwin Research Station?
(a) Ginger Jones.
(b) Doris Jackson.
(c) Gayle Davies.
(d) Dorothy Sayers.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many species of Cichlid live in Lake Victoria?
2. For what university did the drosophilists discussed in Chapter 12 work?
3. As Chapter 5 ends, Weiner mentions which food that Darwin ate in the Galapagos?
4. Who is speaking in the first sentence of Chapter 9?
5. Which type of animal in the Galapagos has one alpha male that mates with many females?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)