|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Weiner compares the Cactus finch to whom in the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) The faculty of the University of Michigan.
(b) Plains Indians.
(c) The Pittsburgh Penguins.
(d) The Pilgrims.
2. Who draws a chart at the end of Chapter 14?
(a) Trevor Price.
(b) Peter and Rosemary.
(c) Martin Taylor.
(d) Peter Boag and Laurene Ratcliffe.
3. Which type of fish is discussed at length in Chapter 6?
4. Who wrote the book Natural Selection in the Wild?
(a) John Endler.
(b) David Lack.
(c) Charles Darwin.
(d) Peter Grant.
5. Whose A Short History of Biology "killed Darwin with kindness," according to Weiner?
(b) David Lack's.
(c) Percy Bysshe Shelley's.
(d) Peter Grant's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom did Darwin commission to breed unusual combinations of pigeons?
2. How long was the "Thinking Path"?
3. What does an old woman in Puerto Ayora eat to avenge herself against the finches?
4. How many species of Cichlid live in Lake Victoria?
5. What is the name of the instrument the Grants use to measure the hardness of the seeds the finches eat?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)