|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gave the lecture "The Demonstrative Evidence of Evolution"?
(a) Thomas Henry Huxley.
(b) Charles Darwin.
(c) William Paley.
(d) David Lack.
2. Whom did Darwin commission to breed unusual combinations of pigeons?
(a) Sir John Sebright.
(b) Lord Byron.
(c) John Sewall.
(d) Arthur Conan Doyle.
3. How long was the "Thinking Path"?
(a) .25 miles.
(b) 1 mile.
(c) .5 miles.
(d) 2 miles.
4. How many sparrows survived the first population crash that Jamie Smith studied?
5. Who was Trevor Price's assistant in the Galapagos?
(a) Laurene Ratcliffe.
(b) Spike Millington.
(c) Carlos Nuñez.
(d) Tjitte de Vries.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what state did Benjamin Walsh build his homestead?
2. What plants did the Grants find growing on Nuñez?
3. How many species of Ground finch are there in the Galapagos?
4. From what bird do the vampire finches drink blood?
5. Which animal did Lewontin and Birch study?
This section contains 150 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)