|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which weed does Chapter 4 discuss in detail?
(a) Lemon grass.
2. Who wrote the book Natural Selection in the Wild?
(a) John Endler.
(b) Peter Grant.
(c) David Lack.
(d) Charles Darwin.
3. Who analyzed the finch data from the 1970s using partial regression analysis?
(a) Rosemary Grant.
(b) Trevor Price.
(c) Ian Abbott.
(d) Peter Boag.
4. Where did Darwin find the finch Magnirostris magnirostris?
(b) Santa Cruz.
(c) San Cristóbal.
5. What caused the heavy rains in December 1982?
(a) El Niño.
(b) A typhoon.
(c) Unusually cold weather.
(d) Global warming.
Short Answer Questions
1. What unusual seed did the Grants find on Genovesa after El Niño?
2. What does an old woman in Puerto Ayora eat to avenge herself against the finches?
3. According to chapter 9, what percentage of the birds on Darwin's property were killed in the cold weather?
4. What is the name of the mutant gene that helps flies resist DDT?
5. What do the iguanas in the Galapagos eat?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)