|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Peter Grant pursue his undergraduate degree?
(b) Harvard University.
(c) Cambridge University.
(d) New York University.
2. What is the name of the instrument the Grants use to measure the hardness of the seeds the finches eat?
(a) The McGill barometer.
(b) The McGill nutcracker.
(d) The Princeton omni-tool.
3. Which scientist is mentioned in Chapter 14 as strongly advocating the need for measurement in science?
(a) Louis Pasteur.
(b) Lord Kelvin.
(c) Marie Curie.
(d) Blaise Pascal.
4. What book did Darwin call his "Big Book"?
(a) The Origin of Species.
(b) War and Peace.
(d) The Voyage of the Beagle.
5. What type of bird is the Crossbill?
Short Answer Questions
1. What unusual seed did the Grants find on Genovesa after El Niño?
2. What plants did the Grants find growing on Nuñez?
3. In what book does Darwin discuss "sexual selection"?
4. As Chapter 5 ends, Weiner mentions which food that Darwin ate in the Galapagos?
5. Which animal did Lewontin and Birch study?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)