|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people carry the bacteria that causes tuberculosis?
(a) 1 in 9.
(b) 1 in 4.
(c) 1 in 6.
(d) 1 in 3.
2. In Chapter 5, to which mythical figure does Weiner compare the finches?
(d) The Sirens.
3. How much rain fell on the day the severe drought ended, as mentioned in Chapter 5?
(a) Fifty millimeters.
(b) Thirty millimeters.
(c) Two inches.
(d) One inch.
4. What type of bird suffered on Genovesa during the rains of 1982-83?
5. Whom did Darwin commission to breed unusual combinations of pigeons?
(a) John Sewall.
(b) Lord Byron.
(c) Sir John Sebright.
(d) Arthur Conan Doyle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which animal did one finch attack during the dry year?
2. What plants did the Grants find growing on Nuñez?
3. Chapter 17 showcases the evolution of which mammal?
4. In what state did Benjamin Walsh build his homestead?
5. As mentioned in Chapter 16, Darwin states that which bird landed on his water pitcher?
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)