|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year was the Charles Darwin Research Station founded?
2. Who devised the metaphor of the watch and the watchmaker?
(b) William Paley.
(c) Joseph Hooker.
(d) William Shakespeare.
3. Who named one finch species "Geospiza incerta," which, according to Weiner, means "ground finch, I guess"?
(b) John Gould.
(c) Peter Grant.
(d) Carolus Linnaeus.
4. What plant did the botanist Edgar Anderson study in the Ozarks?
(b) Creeping phlox.
5. What does an old woman in Puerto Ayora eat to avenge herself against the finches?
(a) Cacabus seeds.
(b) Tribulus seeds.
(c) Finch soup.
(d) Rotisserie finch.
Short Answer Questions
1. As described at the end of Chapter 6, for what were Trevor Price and Lisle Gibbs waiting?
2. How many eggs did the best-breeding finch lay in the rainy season?
3. Which type of animal in the Galapagos has one alpha male that mates with many females?
4. Approximately how many species of plants exist in the Galapagos?
5. Who was Peter Grant's last teacher?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)