|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As witnessed by Hermon Carey Bumpus, which birds died en masse after a blizzard?
(c) English sparrows.
2. Who, when observing Darwin's finches in museums, noticed the many differences in the birds' beaks?
(a) William Paley.
(b) Osbert Salvin.
(c) Percy R. Lowe.
(d) David Lack.
3. What type of bird is the Crossbill?
4. What book did Darwin call his "Big Book"?
(b) The Origin of Species.
(c) War and Peace.
(d) The Voyage of the Beagle.
5. As mentioned in Chapter 16, Darwin states that which bird landed on his water pitcher?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the captain of Darwin's ship?
2. What animals did Darwin call "imps of darkness"?
3. What unusual seed did the Grants find on Genovesa after El Niño?
4. What is the name of the mutant gene that helps flies resist DDT?
5. What is the name of the librarian of the Charles Darwin Research Station?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)