|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many species of Ground finch are there in the Galapagos?
2. Who developed the "principle of divergence"?
(a) David Lack.
(c) Trevor Price.
(d) Carolus Linnaeus.
3. How much rain fell on the day the severe drought ended, as mentioned in Chapter 5?
(a) Fifty millimeters.
(b) One inch.
(c) Thirty millimeters.
(d) Two inches.
4. What is the name of the village on Santa Cruz?
(a) Puerto Ayora.
(b) Puerto Vallarta.
(d) Rapa Nui.
5. At what university did Lisle Gibbs study?
(a) Washington University of St. Louis.
(b) University of Michigan.
(c) Ohio State University.
(d) Princeton University.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the mutant gene that helps flies resist DDT?
2. Which plant has dominated Daphne Major since the flood?
3. In what year was the Charles Darwin Research Station founded?
4. On which island in the Galapagos archipelago did Darwin land first?
5. How many sparrows survived the first population crash that Jamie Smith studied?
This section contains 157 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)