|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the village on Santa Cruz?
(a) Rapa Nui.
(c) Puerto Ayora.
(d) Puerto Vallarta.
2. Cactus finches build their nest to protect themselves from which animal?
3. Which book is quoted at the beginning of Chapter 10?
(c) The Odyssey.
4. Who is "the greatest authority on plants of the Galapagos"?
(a) Duncan Porter.
(b) Ian Abbott.
(c) David Lack.
(d) Peter Boag.
5. As mentioned in Chapter 16, Darwin states that which bird landed on his water pitcher?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Weiner, the woodpecker's beak is similar to what tool?
2. Who helped Jamie Smith analyze his data on sparrows?
3. What animals did Darwin call "imps of darkness"?
4. Approximately how many species of plants exist in the Galapagos?
5. What book did Darwin call his "Big Book"?
This section contains 158 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)