|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What organization did Tjitte de Vries direct?
(a) The Finch Unit.
(b) The Environmental Protection Agency.
(c) The Charles Darwin Research Station.
(d) The Center for Disease Control and Prevention.
2. How long did Darwin study barnacles?
(a) 25 years.
(b) 7 years.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 10 years.
3. What normally causes the finches not to eat Chamaesyce?
(a) Its furry exterior.
(b) Its hardness.
(c) Its latex substance.
(d) Its thorns.
4. Who developed the "principle of divergence"?
(b) Carolus Linnaeus.
(c) Trevor Price.
(d) David Lack.
5. How long did it take flies to develop resistance to the "resistance-proof" pesticides introduced in 1967?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 3 months.
(d) 18 months.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many species of finch are there in Hawaii?
2. Who was the first person who could recognize all the finches on Daphne Major?
3. What animal does Weiner describe as having "the body plan of a volcano"?
4. Which weed does Chapter 4 discuss in detail?
5. Who wrote the book Natural Selection in the Wild?
This section contains 164 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)