|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people carry the bacteria that causes tuberculosis?
(a) 1 in 9.
(b) 1 in 3.
(c) 1 in 4.
(d) 1 in 6.
2. Who was Peter Grant's last teacher?
(a) David Lack.
(b) Carolus Linnaeus.
(c) G. Evelyn Hutchinson.
(d) Peter Boag.
3. Which classic work of literature did Darwin take with him on his trip to the Galapagos Islands?
(a) Paradise Lost.
(d) The Divine Comedy.
4. As discussed in Chapter 4, which of the finches' traits did Peter Boag study for his thesis?
(a) Survival mechanisms.
(b) Resistance to disease.
(c) Tarsus length.
5. Where did Darwin pick up the second volume of Principles of Geology?
(c) Buenos Aires.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is studying the Sticklebacks?
2. Which plant has dominated Daphne Major since the flood?
3. In Chapter 6, what does Weiner compare to a Petri dish?
4. How many species of finch live in the Galapagos Islands?
5. What caused the heavy rains in December 1982?
This section contains 164 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)