|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is "the greatest authority on plants of the Galapagos"?
(a) Duncan Porter.
(b) Ian Abbott.
(c) David Lack.
(d) Peter Boag.
2. Which book is quoted at the beginning of Chapter 10?
(c) The Odyssey.
3. Who is studying the Sticklebacks?
(a) Chris Chaplin.
(b) Peter Boag.
(c) Trevor Price.
(d) Dolph Schluter.
4. At what university did Lisle Gibbs study?
(a) University of Michigan.
(b) Ohio State University.
(c) Princeton University.
(d) Washington University of St. Louis.
5. Where did Peter Grant pursue his undergraduate degree?
(a) New York University.
(b) Harvard University.
(d) Cambridge University.
Short Answer Questions
1. As mentioned in Chapter 5, which book did Laurene Ratcliffe read while waiting for rain on Daphne Major?
2. How many plants grew in Darwin's cup of dirt?
3. Which Greek philosopher is quoted at the end of Chapter 13?
4. How many times did the Croton trees bloom in the rains of 1982-83?
5. What does the Latin word "specere" mean?
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)