|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who developed the "principle of divergence"?
(a) David Lack.
(b) Carolus Linnaeus.
(d) Trevor Price.
2. What do Crossbills eat?
(c) The seeds in pinecones.
3. How many plants grew in Darwin's cup of dirt?
4. In the dry year, how much bigger was the beak of a surviving finch than that of a dead finch?
(a) Two millimeters.
(b) Three millimeters.
(c) Half a millimeter.
(d) One millimeter.
5. Where did Rosemary spend her childhood?
(d) The Lake District.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Peter Grant pursue his undergraduate degree?
2. Whom did Darwin commission to breed unusual combinations of pigeons?
3. In what book does Darwin discuss "sexual selection"?
4. For what university did the drosophilists discussed in Chapter 12 work?
5. Who, when observing Darwin's finches in museums, noticed the many differences in the birds' beaks?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)