|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Trevor Price's assistant in the Galapagos?
(a) Laurene Ratcliffe.
(b) Spike Millington.
(c) Tjitte de Vries.
(d) Carlos Nuñez.
2. In what year was the Charles Darwin Research Station founded?
3. What does the Latin word "specere" mean?
(a) To specify.
(b) To sing.
(c) To see.
(d) To be speckled.
4. Who created the concept of the "darwin"?
(a) Peter Grant.
(b) Trevor Price.
(c) Charles Darwin.
(d) J.B.S. Haldane.
5. In the dry year, how much bigger was the beak of a surviving finch than that of a dead finch?
(a) Half a millimeter.
(b) Two millimeters.
(c) Three millimeters.
(d) One millimeter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which animal did the evolutionist David Lack not consider when formulating his ideas, as mentioned in Chapter 4?
2. Weiner compares the Cactus finch to whom in the beginning of Chapter 2?
3. How many plants grew in Darwin's cup of dirt?
4. How many times did the Croton trees bloom in the rains of 1982-83?
5. Whose A Short History of Biology "killed Darwin with kindness," according to Weiner?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)