|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As witnessed by Hermon Carey Bumpus, which birds died en masse after a blizzard?
(b) English sparrows.
2. In chapter 16, Weiner compares evolutionists to characters in which classic story?
(b) A Christmas Carol.
(c) Donnie Darko.
(d) Gulliver's Travels.
3. Weiner compares the Cactus finch to whom in the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) The Pilgrims.
(b) The Pittsburgh Penguins.
(c) The faculty of the University of Michigan.
(d) Plains Indians.
4. Who analyzed the finch data from the 1970s using partial regression analysis?
(a) Ian Abbott.
(b) Peter Boag.
(c) Rosemary Grant.
(d) Trevor Price.
5. What organization did Tjitte de Vries direct?
(a) The Center for Disease Control and Prevention.
(b) The Finch Unit.
(c) The Environmental Protection Agency.
(d) The Charles Darwin Research Station.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does an old woman in Puerto Ayora eat to avenge herself against the finches?
2. What type of computer does Rosemary use?
3. Which playwright does Weiner quote at the end of Chapter 4?
4. What is the name of the village on Santa Cruz?
5. On which island do humans not normally live?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)