|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what university did the drosophilists discussed in Chapter 12 work?
(a) Harvard University.
(b) University of Michigan.
(c) New York University.
(d) Rockefeller University.
2. What book did Darwin call his "Big Book"?
(a) The Voyage of the Beagle.
(c) War and Peace.
(d) The Origin of Species.
3. As related at the end of Chapter 3, which person sustained an injury from the barnacles on Daphne Major?
(a) Lisle Gibbs.
(b) Peter Grant.
(c) Ian Abbott.
(d) Peter Boag.
4. Which weed does Chapter 4 discuss in detail?
(d) Lemon grass.
5. What normally causes the finches not to eat Chamaesyce?
(a) Its thorns.
(b) Its hardness.
(c) Its furry exterior.
(d) Its latex substance.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Weiner, the woodpecker's beak is similar to what tool?
2. As Chapter 5 ends, Weiner mentions which food that Darwin ate in the Galapagos?
3. How many E. coli bacteria can grow from one bacterium within eight hours?
4. What does an old woman in Puerto Ayora eat to avenge herself against the finches?
5. The Grants' research is compared to which novel?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)