|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which classic work of literature did Darwin take with him on his trip to the Galapagos Islands?
(b) The Divine Comedy.
(d) Paradise Lost.
2. Weiner states in Chapter 14 that the finches are like which work of art?
(c) Michelangelo's Prisoners.
3. As Rosemary relates, what sometimes causes a bamboo pole to become unexpectedly heavy as one carries it?
(a) An eagle.
(b) A hawk.
(c) An iguana.
4. What does the Latin word "specere" mean?
(a) To be speckled.
(b) To sing.
(c) To specify.
(d) To see.
5. What organism did Darwin's colleague Joseph Hooker study?
(b) Sea cucumbers.
(d) Bracket fungi.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did John Endler build his experimental ponds?
2. As mentioned in Chapter 5, which book did Laurene Ratcliffe read while waiting for rain on Daphne Major?
3. How many populations of finches did the Grants study during their first year in the Galapagos?
4. Who wrote the book The Blind Watchmaker?
5. Which animal did Lewontin and Birch study?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)