|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What book did Darwin call his "Big Book"?
(a) War and Peace.
(b) The Voyage of the Beagle.
(c) The Origin of Species.
2. How long did Darwin study barnacles?
(a) 7 years.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 25 years.
(d) 10 years.
3. What organism did Darwin's colleague Joseph Hooker study?
(b) Bracket fungi.
(d) Sea cucumbers.
4. How long did it take flies to develop resistance to the "resistance-proof" pesticides introduced in 1967?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 18 months.
5. In what year was the Charles Darwin Research Station founded?
Short Answer Questions
1. At what university did Lisle Gibbs study?
2. How many times did the Croton trees bloom in the rains of 1982-83?
3. Where does Jamie Smith study sparrows?
4. Who draws a chart at the end of Chapter 14?
5. Who wrote the book Natural Selection in the Wild?
This section contains 156 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)