|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jamie Smith study sparrows?
(d) British Columbia.
2. How many plants grew in Darwin's cup of dirt?
3. How many people carry the bacteria that causes tuberculosis?
(a) 1 in 3.
(b) 1 in 9.
(c) 1 in 6.
(d) 1 in 4.
4. Who was Peter Grant's last teacher?
(a) David Lack.
(b) G. Evelyn Hutchinson.
(c) Peter Boag.
(d) Carolus Linnaeus.
5. What unusual seed did the Grants find on Genovesa after El Niño?
(a) Wild grape.
(c) Poison apple.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helped Jamie Smith analyze his data on sparrows?
2. In what year was the Charles Darwin Research Station founded?
3. As related at the end of Chapter 3, which person sustained an injury from the barnacles on Daphne Major?
4. As mentioned in Chapter 5, which book did Laurene Ratcliffe read while waiting for rain on Daphne Major?
5. Which playwright does Weiner quote at the end of Chapter 4?
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)