|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what bird do the vampire finches drink blood?
(d) Passenger pigeons.
2. Who is quoted in the opening of Chapter 6?
(a) Joseph Hooker.
(b) Thomas Henry Huxley.
(c) John Donne.
(d) William Shakespeare.
3. How many mating songs does each species of finch have?
4. What animal does Scott Carroll study?
(a) The tsetse fly.
(b) The water buffalo.
(c) The English bulldog.
(d) The soapberry bug.
5. How many sparrows survived the first population crash that Jamie Smith studied?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many E. coli bacteria can grow from one bacterium within eight hours?
2. Who was Peter Grant's last teacher?
3. What is different from farm to farm in the Mississippi Delta?
4. How long did Darwin study barnacles?
5. Who was the first person who could recognize all the finches on Daphne Major?
This section contains 150 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)