|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which Greek philosopher is quoted at the end of Chapter 13?
2. As witnessed by Hermon Carey Bumpus, which birds died en masse after a blizzard?
(d) English sparrows.
3. What is the name of the village on Santa Cruz?
(a) Puerto Vallarta.
(b) Puerto Ayora.
(d) Rapa Nui.
4. Which type of animal in the Galapagos has one alpha male that mates with many females?
(b) Sea lion.
5. In the dry year, how much bigger was the beak of a surviving finch than that of a dead finch?
(a) Three millimeters.
(b) Half a millimeter.
(c) One millimeter.
(d) Two millimeters.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many species of Cichlid live in Lake Victoria?
2. Which year was the dry year that is discussed in Chapter 5?
3. Who wrote the book The Blind Watchmaker?
4. Who is quoted in the opening of Chapter 6?
5. Who draws a chart at the end of Chapter 14?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)