|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who argued against the principle of divergence using the phrase "the Ghost of Competition Past"?
(a) Peter Boag.
(c) Joseph Connell.
(d) David Lack.
2. Who is quoted in the opening of Chapter 6?
(a) Joseph Hooker.
(b) Thomas Henry Huxley.
(c) John Donne.
(d) William Shakespeare.
3. How many eggs did the best-breeding finch lay in the rainy season?
4. Whom did Darwin commission to breed unusual combinations of pigeons?
(a) John Sewall.
(b) Lord Byron.
(c) Arthur Conan Doyle.
(d) Sir John Sebright.
5. Who wrote the book The Blind Watchmaker?
(a) Rob Bell.
(b) Mark Powell.
(c) Thomas Aquinas.
(d) Richard Dawkins.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the captain of Darwin's ship?
2. How many mating songs does each species of finch have?
3. Who was Peter Grant's last teacher?
4. Where did John Endler build his experimental ponds?
5. Where did Rosemary spend her childhood?
This section contains 155 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)