|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What normally causes the finches not to eat Chamaesyce?
(a) Its furry exterior.
(b) Its latex substance.
(c) Its hardness.
(d) Its thorns.
2. How many species of Ground finch are there in the Galapagos?
3. What color "indicates age and experience" in the male finches' feathers?
4. Which biologist thought of Darwin's finches as "not separate species at all, but 'hybrid swarms'"?
(a) Jamie Smith.
(b) Peter Boag.
(c) Percy R. Lowe.
(d) David Lack.
5. What type of bird did Darwin breed back home in England?
Short Answer Questions
1. To which of the researchers' objects are finches always attracted?
2. In Chapter 5, to which mythical figure does Weiner compare the finches?
3. What is the name of the village on Santa Cruz?
4. As described at the end of Chapter 6, for what were Trevor Price and Lisle Gibbs waiting?
5. How much rain fell on the day the severe drought ended, as mentioned in Chapter 5?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)