|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What book did Darwin call his "Big Book"?
(a) The Origin of Species.
(c) War and Peace.
(d) The Voyage of the Beagle.
2. What is the name of the instrument the Grants use to measure the hardness of the seeds the finches eat?
(a) The Princeton omni-tool.
(b) The McGill barometer.
(c) The McGill nutcracker.
3. How many species of Ground finch are there in the Galapagos?
4. Where did Rosemary spend her childhood?
(c) The Lake District.
5. Where did Peter Grant pursue his undergraduate degree?
(b) Harvard University.
(c) Cambridge University.
(d) New York University.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not a predator mentioned in Chapter 6?
2. Which weed does Chapter 4 discuss in detail?
3. From what bird do the vampire finches drink blood?
4. Which famous writer went to Christ's College before Darwin?
5. Cactus finches build their nest to protect themselves from which animal?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)