|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which type of animal in the Galapagos has one alpha male that mates with many females?
(d) Sea lion.
2. As Chapter 5 ends, Weiner mentions which food that Darwin ate in the Galapagos?
3. What was the name of Darwin's grandfather?
4. As discussed in Chapter 4, which of the finches' traits did Peter Boag study for his thesis?
(a) Tarsus length.
(b) Resistance to disease.
(d) Survival mechanisms.
5. How many populations of finches did the Grants study during their first year in the Galapagos?
Short Answer Questions
1. What book did Darwin call his "Big Book"?
2. How many species of finch live in the Galapagos Islands?
3. As related at the end of Chapter 3, which person sustained an injury from the barnacles on Daphne Major?
4. What was the name of the captain of Darwin's ship?
5. What color "indicates age and experience" in the male finches' feathers?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)