|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Rosemary spend her childhood?
(c) The Lake District.
2. As discussed in Chapter 4, which of the finches' traits did Peter Boag study for his thesis?
(a) Resistance to disease.
(b) Tarsus length.
(d) Survival mechanisms.
3. According to Weiner, the woodpecker's beak is similar to what tool?
4. Who has deeply studied the history of studying evolution in the Galapagos Islands?
(a) David Anderson.
(b) William Hamilton.
(c) Peter Boag.
(d) Frank J. Sulloway.
5. Weiner compares the Cactus finch to whom in the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) The faculty of the University of Michigan.
(b) The Pilgrims.
(c) The Pittsburgh Penguins.
(d) Plains Indians.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Grants' research is compared to which novel?
2. Where did Peter Grant pursue his undergraduate degree?
3. What book did Darwin call his "Big Book"?
4. What was the name of Darwin's grandfather?
5. What organism did Darwin's colleague Joseph Hooker study?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)