|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 6, what does Weiner compare to a Petri dish?
(a) New York City.
(d) Daphne Major.
2. Which year was the dry year that is discussed in Chapter 5?
3. Cactus finches build their nest to protect themselves from which animal?
4. What color "indicates age and experience" in the male finches' feathers?
5. Where did John Endler build his experimental ponds?
(a) University of Manitoba.
(b) Princeton University.
(c) Yale University.
(d) University of Michigan.
Short Answer Questions
1. As related at the end of Chapter 3, which person sustained an injury from the barnacles on Daphne Major?
2. Where does Jamie Smith study sparrows?
3. Which biologist thought of Darwin's finches as "not separate species at all, but 'hybrid swarms'"?
4. In what book does Darwin discuss "sexual selection"?
5. Where did Peter Grant pursue his undergraduate degree?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)