|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who, when observing Darwin's finches in museums, noticed the many differences in the birds' beaks?
(a) Percy R. Lowe.
(b) David Lack.
(c) Osbert Salvin.
(d) William Paley.
2. In Chapter 5, to which mythical figure does Weiner compare the finches?
(c) The Sirens.
3. As described at the end of Chapter 6, for what were Trevor Price and Lisle Gibbs waiting?
(a) The dry season.
(b) A bus.
4. Weiner compares the Cactus finch to whom in the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) The Pittsburgh Penguins.
(b) The Pilgrims.
(c) The faculty of the University of Michigan.
(d) Plains Indians.
5. On which island in the Galapagos archipelago did Darwin land first?
(d) San Cristóbal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did John Endler build his experimental ponds?
2. According to Weiner, the woodpecker's beak is similar to what tool?
3. In Chapter 6, what does Weiner compare to a Petri dish?
4. What type of bird did Darwin breed back home in England?
5. Who has deeply studied the history of studying evolution in the Galapagos Islands?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)