|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As described at the end of Chapter 6, for what were Trevor Price and Lisle Gibbs waiting?
(a) The dry season.
(d) A bus.
2. What book did Darwin call his "Big Book"?
(a) War and Peace.
(b) The Origin of Species.
(c) The Voyage of the Beagle.
3. What animal does Weiner describe as having "the body plan of a volcano"?
4. Who wrote the book Natural Selection in the Wild?
(a) Charles Darwin.
(b) Peter Grant.
(c) John Endler.
(d) David Lack.
5. Weiner compares the finches' hunt for seeds to which human food?
(b) Potato chips.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Rosemary relates, what sometimes causes a bamboo pole to become unexpectedly heavy as one carries it?
2. Who was the first person who could recognize all the finches on Daphne Major?
3. How many species of finch live in the Galapagos Islands?
4. Where did John Endler build his experimental ponds?
5. Which type of animal in the Galapagos has one alpha male that mates with many females?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)