|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which playwright does Weiner quote at the end of Chapter 4?
2. Which animal did the evolutionist David Lack not consider when formulating his ideas, as mentioned in Chapter 4?
3. Which classic work of literature did Darwin take with him on his trip to the Galapagos Islands?
(a) Paradise Lost.
(c) The Divine Comedy.
4. What book did Darwin call his "Big Book"?
(b) War and Peace.
(c) The Voyage of the Beagle.
(d) The Origin of Species.
5. Who wrote the book Natural Selection in the Wild?
(a) David Lack.
(b) Charles Darwin.
(c) Peter Grant.
(d) John Endler.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who named one finch species "Geospiza incerta," which, according to Weiner, means "ground finch, I guess"?
2. Which of the following is not a predator mentioned in Chapter 6?
3. What animals did Darwin call "imps of darkness"?
4. What animal does Weiner describe as having "the body plan of a volcano"?
5. What is the name of the instrument the Grants use to measure the hardness of the seeds the finches eat?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)