|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To which of the researchers' objects are finches always attracted?
(b) The trash can.
(c) A bucket of water.
2. Where did John Endler build his experimental ponds?
(a) University of Manitoba.
(b) University of Michigan.
(c) Princeton University.
(d) Yale University.
3. How long did Darwin study barnacles?
(a) 25 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 7 years.
(d) 6 months.
4. What was the name of the captain of Darwin's ship?
5. Who is quoted in the opening of Chapter 6?
(a) John Donne.
(b) Joseph Hooker.
(c) Thomas Henry Huxley.
(d) William Shakespeare.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the instrument the Grants use to measure the hardness of the seeds the finches eat?
2. What organism did Darwin's colleague Joseph Hooker study?
3. Where does Jamie Smith study sparrows?
4. What normally causes the finches not to eat Chamaesyce?
5. Which year was the dry year that is discussed in Chapter 5?
This section contains 163 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)