|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which weed does Chapter 4 discuss in detail?
(a) Lemon grass.
2. Which famous writer went to Christ's College before Darwin?
(a) John Milton.
(b) Robert Louis Stevenson.
(c) Daniel Defoe.
(d) William Shakespeare.
3. How long did Darwin study barnacles?
(a) 25 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 7 years.
(d) 6 months.
4. Weiner compares the Cactus finch to whom in the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) The faculty of the University of Michigan.
(b) The Pittsburgh Penguins.
(c) Plains Indians.
(d) The Pilgrims.
5. What animal does Weiner describe as having "the body plan of a volcano"?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 5, to which mythical figure does Weiner compare the finches?
2. Who, when observing Darwin's finches in museums, noticed the many differences in the birds' beaks?
3. Who analyzed the finch data from the 1970s using partial regression analysis?
4. As mentioned in Chapter 5, which book did Laurene Ratcliffe read while waiting for rain on Daphne Major?
5. What book did Darwin call his "Big Book"?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)