|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which year was the dry year that is discussed in Chapter 5?
2. Which animal did one finch attack during the dry year?
(a) A black lizard.
(b) A mockingbird.
(c) A hawk.
(d) A sea lion.
3. Which famous writer went to Christ's College before Darwin?
(a) William Shakespeare.
(b) Daniel Defoe.
(c) Robert Louis Stevenson.
(d) John Milton.
4. In Chapter 6, what does Weiner compare to a Petri dish?
(a) Daphne Major.
(b) New York City.
5. What animal does Weiner describe as having "the body plan of a volcano"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What organization did Tjitte de Vries direct?
2. How long did Darwin study barnacles?
3. What normally causes the finches not to eat Chamaesyce?
4. Who, when observing Darwin's finches in museums, noticed the many differences in the birds' beaks?
5. In Chapter 5, to which mythical figure does Weiner compare the finches?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)