|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who, when observing Darwin's finches in museums, noticed the many differences in the birds' beaks?
(a) David Lack.
(b) Percy R. Lowe.
(c) William Paley.
(d) Osbert Salvin.
2. What color "indicates age and experience" in the male finches' feathers?
3. Which famous writer went to Christ's College before Darwin?
(a) John Milton.
(b) Robert Louis Stevenson.
(c) Daniel Defoe.
(d) William Shakespeare.
4. As mentioned in Chapter 5, which book did Laurene Ratcliffe read while waiting for rain on Daphne Major?
(a) The Sound and the Fury.
(b) Waiting for Godot.
(c) A Streetcar Named Desire.
(d) The Agony and the Ecstasy.
5. Who analyzed the finch data from the 1970s using partial regression analysis?
(a) Ian Abbott.
(b) Peter Boag.
(c) Trevor Price.
(d) Rosemary Grant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which animal did one finch attack during the dry year?
2. Who named one finch species "Geospiza incerta," which, according to Weiner, means "ground finch, I guess"?
3. What was the name of the captain of Darwin's ship?
4. To which of the researchers' objects are finches always attracted?
5. The Grants' research is compared to which novel?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)