|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is quoted in the opening of Chapter 6?
(a) Joseph Hooker.
(b) John Donne.
(c) William Shakespeare.
(d) Thomas Henry Huxley.
2. Where did John Endler build his experimental ponds?
(a) University of Michigan.
(b) Yale University.
(c) University of Manitoba.
(d) Princeton University.
3. What organism did Darwin's colleague Joseph Hooker study?
(b) Sea cucumbers.
(c) Bracket fungi.
4. In what year did the Grants first go to the Galapagos?
5. Which year was the dry year that is discussed in Chapter 5?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which animal did the evolutionist David Lack not consider when formulating his ideas, as mentioned in Chapter 4?
2. What is the name of the village on Santa Cruz?
3. Which biologist thought of Darwin's finches as "not separate species at all, but 'hybrid swarms'"?
4. What is the name of the instrument the Grants use to measure the hardness of the seeds the finches eat?
5. Who was the first person who could recognize all the finches on Daphne Major?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)