|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the instrument the Grants use to measure the hardness of the seeds the finches eat?
(b) The McGill barometer.
(c) The Princeton omni-tool.
(d) The McGill nutcracker.
2. Which animal did the evolutionist David Lack not consider when formulating his ideas, as mentioned in Chapter 4?
3. In Chapter 6, what does Weiner compare to a Petri dish?
(b) New York City.
(c) Daphne Major.
4. As Rosemary relates, what sometimes causes a bamboo pole to become unexpectedly heavy as one carries it?
(a) An eagle.
(c) A hawk.
(d) An iguana.
5. As Chapter 5 ends, Weiner mentions which food that Darwin ate in the Galapagos?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many species of Ground finch are there in the Galapagos?
2. What book did Darwin call his "Big Book"?
3. Which playwright does Weiner quote at the end of Chapter 4?
4. On which island in the Galapagos archipelago did Darwin land first?
5. Where does Jamie Smith study sparrows?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)