|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who devised the metaphor of the watch and the watchmaker?
(a) Joseph Hooker.
(c) William Paley.
(d) William Shakespeare.
2. What was the name of the captain of Darwin's ship?
3. Which biologist thought of Darwin's finches as "not separate species at all, but 'hybrid swarms'"?
(a) Peter Boag.
(b) Jamie Smith.
(c) David Lack.
(d) Percy R. Lowe.
4. What organism did Darwin's colleague Joseph Hooker study?
(a) Sea cucumbers.
(b) Bracket fungi.
5. Where did Rosemary spend her childhood?
(a) The Lake District.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not a predator mentioned in Chapter 6?
2. To which of the researchers' objects are finches always attracted?
3. What animal does Weiner describe as having "the body plan of a volcano"?
4. Which type of animal in the Galapagos has one alpha male that mates with many females?
5. In Chapter 6, what does Weiner compare to a Petri dish?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)