|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color "indicates age and experience" in the male finches' feathers?
2. As discussed in Chapter 4, which of the finches' traits did Peter Boag study for his thesis?
(a) Resistance to disease.
(b) Tarsus length.
(d) Survival mechanisms.
3. Which classic work of literature did Darwin take with him on his trip to the Galapagos Islands?
(a) Paradise Lost.
(d) The Divine Comedy.
4. In what book does Darwin discuss "sexual selection"?
(a) Zoology of the Voyage of the H.M.S. Beagle.
(b) The Origin of Species.
(c) Journals and Remarks.
(d) The Descent of Man.
5. Who is "the greatest authority on plants of the Galapagos"?
(a) Ian Abbott.
(b) Peter Boag.
(c) Duncan Porter.
(d) David Lack.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which animal did the evolutionist David Lack not consider when formulating his ideas, as mentioned in Chapter 4?
2. What animal does Weiner describe as having "the body plan of a volcano"?
3. Where did John Endler build his experimental ponds?
4. As related at the end of Chapter 3, which person sustained an injury from the barnacles on Daphne Major?
5. Where did Peter Grant pursue his undergraduate degree?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)