|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Weiner, the woodpecker's beak is similar to what tool?
2. In the dry year, how much bigger was the beak of a surviving finch than that of a dead finch?
(a) Half a millimeter.
(b) One millimeter.
(c) Two millimeters.
(d) Three millimeters.
3. What is the name of the village on Santa Cruz?
(a) Rapa Nui.
(b) Puerto Ayora.
(d) Puerto Vallarta.
4. Weiner compares the Cactus finch to whom in the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) The Pilgrims.
(b) The faculty of the University of Michigan.
(c) Plains Indians.
(d) The Pittsburgh Penguins.
5. Cactus finches build their nest to protect themselves from which animal?
Short Answer Questions
1. What organism did Darwin's colleague Joseph Hooker study?
2. Which type of animal in the Galapagos has one alpha male that mates with many females?
3. Which animal did one finch attack during the dry year?
4. Where did Peter Grant pursue his undergraduate degree?
5. In Chapter 6, what does Weiner compare to a Petri dish?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)