|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What normally causes the finches not to eat Chamaesyce?
(a) Its hardness.
(b) Its latex substance.
(c) Its furry exterior.
(d) Its thorns.
2. Which classic work of literature did Darwin take with him on his trip to the Galapagos Islands?
(b) Paradise Lost.
(d) The Divine Comedy.
3. To which of the researchers' objects are finches always attracted?
(b) The trash can.
(d) A bucket of water.
4. What is the name of the village on Santa Cruz?
(a) Rapa Nui.
(c) Puerto Ayora.
(d) Puerto Vallarta.
5. As mentioned in Chapter 5, which book did Laurene Ratcliffe read while waiting for rain on Daphne Major?
(a) A Streetcar Named Desire.
(b) The Sound and the Fury.
(c) Waiting for Godot.
(d) The Agony and the Ecstasy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many species of finch live in the Galapagos Islands?
2. As Chapter 5 ends, Weiner mentions which food that Darwin ate in the Galapagos?
3. What was the name of Darwin's grandfather?
4. From what bird do the vampire finches drink blood?
5. Who devised the metaphor of the watch and the watchmaker?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)