|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which playwright does Weiner quote at the end of Chapter 4?
2. How long did Darwin study barnacles?
(a) 25 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 7 years.
(d) 6 months.
3. What organization did Tjitte de Vries direct?
(a) The Finch Unit.
(b) The Environmental Protection Agency.
(c) The Center for Disease Control and Prevention.
(d) The Charles Darwin Research Station.
4. Which type of fish is discussed at length in Chapter 6?
5. Where did John Endler build his experimental ponds?
(a) University of Michigan.
(b) Princeton University.
(c) University of Manitoba.
(d) Yale University.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which year was the dry year that is discussed in Chapter 5?
2. What was the name of Darwin's grandfather?
3. In Chapter 5, to which mythical figure does Weiner compare the finches?
4. From what bird do the vampire finches drink blood?
5. On which island in the Galapagos archipelago did Darwin land first?
This section contains 151 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)