|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Cactus finches build their nest to protect themselves from which animal?
2. To which of the researchers' objects are finches always attracted?
(b) A bucket of water.
(c) The trash can.
3. Where did John Endler build his experimental ponds?
(a) Princeton University.
(b) University of Manitoba.
(c) University of Michigan.
(d) Yale University.
4. In Chapter 5, to which mythical figure does Weiner compare the finches?
(c) The Sirens.
5. In what book does Darwin discuss "sexual selection"?
(a) Zoology of the Voyage of the H.M.S. Beagle.
(b) Journals and Remarks.
(c) The Descent of Man.
(d) The Origin of Species.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which playwright does Weiner quote at the end of Chapter 4?
2. In Chapter 6, what does Weiner compare to a Petri dish?
3. Who is quoted in the opening of Chapter 6?
4. Which year was the dry year that is discussed in Chapter 5?
5. What organization did Tjitte de Vries direct?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)