|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which animal did the evolutionist David Lack not consider when formulating his ideas, as mentioned in Chapter 4?
2. Who wrote the book Natural Selection in the Wild?
(a) John Endler.
(b) Charles Darwin.
(c) David Lack.
(d) Peter Grant.
3. What animals did Darwin call "imps of darkness"?
(c) Sea lions.
4. Weiner compares the finches' hunt for seeds to which human food?
(b) Potato chips.
5. Cactus finches build their nest to protect themselves from which animal?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 5, to which mythical figure does Weiner compare the finches?
2. Where did Peter Grant pursue his undergraduate degree?
3. In Chapter 6, what does Weiner compare to a Petri dish?
4. Who is quoted in the opening of Chapter 6?
5. Weiner compares the Cactus finch to whom in the beginning of Chapter 2?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)