|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which year was the dry year that is discussed in Chapter 5?
2. Which of the following is not a predator mentioned in Chapter 6?
(a) Rivulus hartii.
3. Which animal did one finch attack during the dry year?
(a) A black lizard.
(b) A mockingbird.
(c) A sea lion.
(d) A hawk.
4. What animals did Darwin call "imps of darkness"?
(a) Sea lions.
5. What book did Darwin call his "Big Book"?
(a) The Origin of Species.
(b) The Voyage of the Beagle.
(d) War and Peace.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal does Weiner describe as having "the body plan of a volcano"?
2. What color "indicates age and experience" in the male finches' feathers?
3. On which island in the Galapagos archipelago did Darwin land first?
4. As related at the end of Chapter 3, which person sustained an injury from the barnacles on Daphne Major?
5. How many species of finch live in the Galapagos Islands?
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)