|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Weiner compares the finches' hunt for seeds to which human food?
(a) Potato chips.
2. Weiner compares the Cactus finch to whom in the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) Plains Indians.
(b) The Pilgrims.
(c) The faculty of the University of Michigan.
(d) The Pittsburgh Penguins.
3. What normally causes the finches not to eat Chamaesyce?
(a) Its furry exterior.
(b) Its hardness.
(c) Its thorns.
(d) Its latex substance.
4. Who devised the metaphor of the watch and the watchmaker?
(a) William Shakespeare.
(b) Joseph Hooker.
(d) William Paley.
5. Which playwright does Weiner quote at the end of Chapter 4?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did the Grants first go to the Galapagos?
2. Which type of fish is discussed at length in Chapter 6?
3. As discussed in Chapter 4, which of the finches' traits did Peter Boag study for his thesis?
4. What organization did Tjitte de Vries direct?
5. As mentioned in Chapter 5, which book did Laurene Ratcliffe read while waiting for rain on Daphne Major?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)