|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did John Endler build his experimental ponds?
(a) Yale University.
(b) University of Manitoba.
(c) University of Michigan.
(d) Princeton University.
2. To which of the researchers' objects are finches always attracted?
(a) The trash can.
(c) A bucket of water.
3. What organism did Darwin's colleague Joseph Hooker study?
(a) Bracket fungi.
(b) Sea cucumbers.
4. Who, when observing Darwin's finches in museums, noticed the many differences in the birds' beaks?
(a) Percy R. Lowe.
(b) William Paley.
(c) David Lack.
(d) Osbert Salvin.
5. From what bird do the vampire finches drink blood?
(b) Passenger pigeons.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which year was the dry year that is discussed in Chapter 5?
2. What book did Darwin call his "Big Book"?
3. How many populations of finches did the Grants study during their first year in the Galapagos?
4. On which island in the Galapagos archipelago did Darwin land first?
5. How many species of finch live in the Galapagos Islands?
This section contains 164 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)