|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which biologist thought of Darwin's finches as "not separate species at all, but 'hybrid swarms'"?
(a) David Lack.
(b) Jamie Smith.
(c) Percy R. Lowe.
(d) Peter Boag.
2. How long did Darwin study barnacles?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 7 years.
(d) 25 years.
3. How many species of Ground finch are there in the Galapagos?
4. Which animal did one finch attack during the dry year?
(a) A mockingbird.
(b) A black lizard.
(c) A hawk.
(d) A sea lion.
5. In what book does Darwin discuss "sexual selection"?
(a) Journals and Remarks.
(b) The Descent of Man.
(c) Zoology of the Voyage of the H.M.S. Beagle.
(d) The Origin of Species.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the instrument the Grants use to measure the hardness of the seeds the finches eat?
2. Which of the following is not a predator mentioned in Chapter 6?
3. Which weed does Chapter 4 discuss in detail?
4. Who has deeply studied the history of studying evolution in the Galapagos Islands?
5. As related at the end of Chapter 3, which person sustained an injury from the barnacles on Daphne Major?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)