Four Week Quiz B
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which Greek philosopher is quoted at the end of Chapter 13?
2. What does Weiner compare to the "flaming sword at the gates of Eden"?
(a) Sexual selection.
(b) Natural selection.
(c) The principle of divergence.
(d) El Niño.
3. Who named one finch species "Geospiza incerta," which, according to Weiner, means "ground finch, I guess"?
(a) Carolus Linnaeus.
(b) John Gould.
(d) Peter Grant.
4. How many times did the Croton trees bloom in the rains of 1982-83?
5. In Chapter 6, what does Weiner compare to a Petri dish?
(b) Daphne Major.
(d) New York City.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Difficilis on the Pinta eat?
2. Which scientist is mentioned in Chapter 14 as strongly advocating the need for measurement in science?
3. In what year was the Charles Darwin Research Station founded?
4. What do the iguanas in the Galapagos eat?
5. How many species of finch live in the Galapagos Islands?
This section contains 161 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)