Four Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is quoted in the opening of Chapter 6?
(a) William Shakespeare.
(b) Joseph Hooker.
(c) Thomas Henry Huxley.
(d) John Donne.
2. As mentioned in Chapter 5, which book did Laurene Ratcliffe read while waiting for rain on Daphne Major?
(a) A Streetcar Named Desire.
(b) The Sound and the Fury.
(c) The Agony and the Ecstasy.
(d) Waiting for Godot.
3. What was the name of Darwin's grandfather?
4. Which type of fish is discussed at length in Chapter 6?
5. As Rosemary relates, what sometimes causes a bamboo pole to become unexpectedly heavy as one carries it?
(a) An eagle.
(c) A hawk.
(d) An iguana.
Short Answer Questions
1. Weiner compares the finches' hunt for seeds to which human food?
2. What is the name of the village on Santa Cruz?
3. According to Weiner, the woodpecker's beak is similar to what tool?
4. Which biologist thought of Darwin's finches as "not separate species at all, but 'hybrid swarms'"?
5. How many species of finch live in the Galapagos Islands?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)