|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What caused the heavy rains in December 1982?
(a) Global warming.
(b) El Niño.
(c) Unusually cold weather.
(d) A typhoon.
2. As mentioned in Chapter 5, which book did Laurene Ratcliffe read while waiting for rain on Daphne Major?
(a) Waiting for Godot.
(b) A Streetcar Named Desire.
(c) The Agony and the Ecstasy.
(d) The Sound and the Fury.
3. How long did Darwin study barnacles?
(a) 7 years.
(b) 25 years.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 10 years.
4. In chapter 6, Weiner compares evolution to the motion of which object?
(a) A whirligig.
(b) A volcano.
(c) A kaleidoscope.
(d) A Jackson Pollock painting.
5. How many populations of finches did the Grants study during their first year in the Galapagos?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times did the Croton trees bloom in the rains of 1982-83?
2. How much rain fell on the day the severe drought ended, as mentioned in Chapter 5?
3. Who helped Jamie Smith analyze his data on sparrows?
4. Which animal did one finch attack during the dry year?
5. At what university did Lisle Gibbs study?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)