|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 6, Weiner compares evolution to the motion of which object?
(a) A whirligig.
(b) A volcano.
(c) A kaleidoscope.
(d) A Jackson Pollock painting.
2. Cactus finches build their nest to protect themselves from which animal?
3. How many species of Ground finch are there in the Galapagos?
4. In what year was the Charles Darwin Research Station founded?
5. Who devised the idea of "adaptive landscapes"?
(a) Trevor Price.
(b) Phillip Gingerich.
(c) Ian Abbott.
(d) Sewall Wright.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Rosemary spend her childhood?
2. What do Crossbills eat?
3. How many eggs did the best-breeding finch lay in the rainy season?
4. What normally causes the finches not to eat Chamaesyce?
5. Who analyzed the finch data from the 1970s using partial regression analysis?
This section contains 150 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)