|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many populations of finches did the Grants study during their first year in the Galapagos?
2. In what year did the Grants first go to the Galapagos?
3. Who helped Jamie Smith analyze his data on sparrows?
(a) Peter Boag.
(b) Dolph Schluter.
(c) Ian Abbott.
(d) Peter Grant.
4. In chapter 6, Weiner compares evolution to the motion of which object?
(a) A whirligig.
(b) A volcano.
(c) A Jackson Pollock painting.
(d) A kaleidoscope.
5. What does the Difficilis on the Pinta eat?
(b) Tribulus seeds.
(d) Grass seeds.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Rosemary spend her childhood?
2. Where does Jamie Smith study sparrows?
3. What type of bird suffered on Genovesa during the rains of 1982-83?
4. To which of the researchers' objects are finches always attracted?
5. What caused the heavy rains in December 1982?
This section contains 154 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)