|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote the book The Blind Watchmaker?
(a) Mark Powell.
(b) Richard Dawkins.
(c) Rob Bell.
(d) Thomas Aquinas.
2. Where did Peter Grant pursue his undergraduate degree?
(b) Harvard University.
(c) New York University.
(d) Cambridge University.
3. Who named one finch species "Geospiza incerta," which, according to Weiner, means "ground finch, I guess"?
(a) John Gould.
(b) Carolus Linnaeus.
(c) Peter Grant.
4. How much rain fell on the day the severe drought ended, as mentioned in Chapter 5?
(a) One inch.
(b) Two inches.
(c) Fifty millimeters.
(d) Thirty millimeters.
5. For what university did the drosophilists discussed in Chapter 12 work?
(a) Harvard University.
(b) University of Michigan.
(c) Rockefeller University.
(d) New York University.
Short Answer Questions
1. As mentioned in Chapter 5, which book did Laurene Ratcliffe read while waiting for rain on Daphne Major?
2. As Rosemary relates, what sometimes causes a bamboo pole to become unexpectedly heavy as one carries it?
3. How long did Darwin study barnacles?
4. How many species of Ground finch are there in the Galapagos?
5. How many times did the Croton trees bloom in the rains of 1982-83?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)