|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helped Jamie Smith analyze his data on sparrows?
(a) Dolph Schluter.
(b) Peter Boag.
(c) Peter Grant.
(d) Ian Abbott.
2. Which year was the dry year that is discussed in Chapter 5?
3. What do Crossbills eat?
(d) The seeds in pinecones.
4. Weiner compares the finches' hunt for seeds to which human food?
(c) Potato chips.
5. Who named one finch species "Geospiza incerta," which, according to Weiner, means "ground finch, I guess"?
(a) Carolus Linnaeus.
(c) John Gould.
(d) Peter Grant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who argued against the principle of divergence using the phrase "the Ghost of Competition Past"?
2. What animal does Weiner describe as having "the body plan of a volcano"?
3. Which book is quoted at the beginning of Chapter 10?
4. In what year did the Grants first go to the Galapagos?
5. Where did Peter Grant pursue his undergraduate degree?
This section contains 158 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)