|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What organism did Darwin's colleague Joseph Hooker study?
(b) Bracket fungi.
(d) Sea cucumbers.
2. Where did Rosemary spend her childhood?
(b) The Lake District.
3. How much rain fell on the day the severe drought ended, as mentioned in Chapter 5?
(a) Two inches.
(b) One inch.
(c) Fifty millimeters.
(d) Thirty millimeters.
4. What caused the heavy rains in December 1982?
(a) Unusually cold weather.
(b) Global warming.
(c) El Niño.
(d) A typhoon.
5. Who named one finch species "Geospiza incerta," which, according to Weiner, means "ground finch, I guess"?
(a) Peter Grant.
(b) John Gould.
(d) Carolus Linnaeus.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Rosemary relates, what sometimes causes a bamboo pole to become unexpectedly heavy as one carries it?
2. What do Crossbills eat?
3. What does the illustration in The Origin of Species depict?
4. Which year was the dry year that is discussed in Chapter 5?
5. As related at the end of Chapter 3, which person sustained an injury from the barnacles on Daphne Major?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)