|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jamie Smith study sparrows?
(a) British Columbia.
2. What do the iguanas in the Galapagos eat?
(b) Croton seeds.
3. Who analyzed the finch data from the 1970s using partial regression analysis?
(a) Peter Boag.
(b) Rosemary Grant.
(c) Trevor Price.
(d) Ian Abbott.
4. What does the illustration in The Origin of Species depict?
(a) London Bridge.
(b) The "tree of life."
(c) An iguana.
(d) A mockingbird.
5. What does Weiner compare to the "flaming sword at the gates of Eden"?
(a) El Niño.
(b) The principle of divergence.
(c) Sexual selection.
(d) Natural selection.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal does Weiner describe as having "the body plan of a volcano"?
2. In the dry year, how much bigger was the beak of a surviving finch than that of a dead finch?
3. In Chapter 5, to which mythical figure does Weiner compare the finches?
4. What type of bird suffered on Genovesa during the rains of 1982-83?
5. Weiner compares the finches' hunt for seeds to which human food?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)