|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As related at the end of Chapter 3, which person sustained an injury from the barnacles on Daphne Major?
(a) Peter Grant.
(b) Peter Boag.
(c) Lisle Gibbs.
(d) Ian Abbott.
2. In the dry year, how much bigger was the beak of a surviving finch than that of a dead finch?
(a) Two millimeters.
(b) Three millimeters.
(c) Half a millimeter.
(d) One millimeter.
3. Cactus finches build their nest to protect themselves from which animal?
4. In what year was the Charles Darwin Research Station founded?
5. How much rain fell on the day the severe drought ended, as mentioned in Chapter 5?
(a) Fifty millimeters.
(b) Thirty millimeters.
(c) Two inches.
(d) One inch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of bird suffered on Genovesa during the rains of 1982-83?
2. What normally causes the finches not to eat Chamaesyce?
3. How many sparrows survived the first population crash that Jamie Smith studied?
4. In Chapter 5, to which mythical figure does Weiner compare the finches?
5. Which animal did one finch attack during the dry year?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)