|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Rosemary spend her childhood?
(c) The Lake District.
2. What organism did Darwin's colleague Joseph Hooker study?
(a) Sea cucumbers.
(b) Bracket fungi.
3. Where does Jamie Smith study sparrows?
(a) British Columbia.
4. Who helped Jamie Smith analyze his data on sparrows?
(a) Ian Abbott.
(b) Dolph Schluter.
(c) Peter Grant.
(d) Peter Boag.
5. Who developed the "principle of divergence"?
(b) David Lack.
(c) Trevor Price.
(d) Carolus Linnaeus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Weiner compare to the "flaming sword at the gates of Eden"?
2. Who named one finch species "Geospiza incerta," which, according to Weiner, means "ground finch, I guess"?
3. How much rain fell on the day the severe drought ended, as mentioned in Chapter 5?
4. At what university did Lisle Gibbs study?
5. Where did Peter Grant pursue his undergraduate degree?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)