|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 5, to which mythical figure does Weiner compare the finches?
(c) The Sirens.
2. How many times did the Croton trees bloom in the rains of 1982-83?
3. How many sparrows survived the first population crash that Jamie Smith studied?
4. What animal does Weiner describe as having "the body plan of a volcano"?
5. Weiner compares the finches' hunt for seeds to which human food?
(c) Potato chips.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many species of Ground finch are there in the Galapagos?
2. Who gave the lecture "The Demonstrative Evidence of Evolution"?
3. What organism did Darwin's colleague Joseph Hooker study?
4. Who named one finch species "Geospiza incerta," which, according to Weiner, means "ground finch, I guess"?
5. Who wrote the book The Blind Watchmaker?
This section contains 159 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)