|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What normally causes the finches not to eat Chamaesyce?
(a) Its latex substance.
(b) Its hardness.
(c) Its thorns.
(d) Its furry exterior.
2. Where does Jamie Smith study sparrows?
(a) British Columbia.
3. Who argued against the principle of divergence using the phrase "the Ghost of Competition Past"?
(b) David Lack.
(c) Joseph Connell.
(d) Peter Boag.
4. Cactus finches build their nest to protect themselves from which animal?
5. As Rosemary relates, what sometimes causes a bamboo pole to become unexpectedly heavy as one carries it?
(a) An iguana.
(b) A hawk.
(c) An eagle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What organism did Darwin's colleague Joseph Hooker study?
2. Who developed the "principle of divergence"?
3. Weiner compares the finches' hunt for seeds to which human food?
4. Who is studying the Sticklebacks?
5. Which year was the dry year that is discussed in Chapter 5?
This section contains 158 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)