|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who developed the "principle of divergence"?
(a) Trevor Price.
(b) David Lack.
(d) Carolus Linnaeus.
2. Cactus finches build their nest to protect themselves from which animal?
3. As Chapter 5 ends, Weiner mentions which food that Darwin ate in the Galapagos?
4. Where did Peter Grant pursue his undergraduate degree?
(a) Cambridge University.
(b) New York University.
(c) Harvard University.
5. Which year was the dry year that is discussed in Chapter 5?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who devised the idea of "adaptive landscapes"?
2. How much rain fell on the day the severe drought ended, as mentioned in Chapter 5?
3. What organism did Darwin's colleague Joseph Hooker study?
4. Who is studying the Sticklebacks?
5. Who argued against the principle of divergence using the phrase "the Ghost of Competition Past"?
This section contains 159 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)