|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Cactus finches build their nest to protect themselves from which animal?
2. At what university did Lisle Gibbs study?
(a) Washington University of St. Louis.
(b) Princeton University.
(c) Ohio State University.
(d) University of Michigan.
3. Who created the concept of the "darwin"?
(a) Trevor Price.
(b) Peter Grant.
(c) Charles Darwin.
(d) J.B.S. Haldane.
4. In chapter 6, Weiner compares evolution to the motion of which object?
(a) A whirligig.
(b) A Jackson Pollock painting.
(c) A kaleidoscope.
(d) A volcano.
5. Who devised the idea of "adaptive landscapes"?
(a) Phillip Gingerich.
(b) Sewall Wright.
(c) Ian Abbott.
(d) Trevor Price.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote the book The Blind Watchmaker?
2. What does the Difficilis on the Pinta eat?
3. In what year was the Charles Darwin Research Station founded?
4. As related at the end of Chapter 3, which person sustained an injury from the barnacles on Daphne Major?
5. What do Crossbills eat?
This section contains 164 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)