|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which animal did one finch attack during the dry year?
(a) A mockingbird.
(b) A black lizard.
(c) A sea lion.
(d) A hawk.
2. What animal does Weiner describe as having "the body plan of a volcano"?
3. Which book is quoted at the beginning of Chapter 10?
(c) The Odyssey.
4. In the dry year, how much bigger was the beak of a surviving finch than that of a dead finch?
(a) Three millimeters.
(b) Half a millimeter.
(c) One millimeter.
(d) Two millimeters.
5. How long did Darwin study barnacles?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 25 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 7 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. As related at the end of Chapter 3, which person sustained an injury from the barnacles on Daphne Major?
2. Weiner compares the finches' hunt for seeds to which human food?
3. In chapter 6, Weiner compares evolution to the motion of which object?
4. As Rosemary relates, what sometimes causes a bamboo pole to become unexpectedly heavy as one carries it?
5. In what year did the Grants first go to the Galapagos?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)