|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Weiner compares the finches' hunt for seeds to which human food?
(c) Potato chips.
2. What does the illustration in The Origin of Species depict?
(a) An iguana.
(b) A mockingbird.
(c) London Bridge.
(d) The "tree of life."
3. What do Crossbills eat?
(a) The seeds in pinecones.
4. In Chapter 5, to which mythical figure does Weiner compare the finches?
(c) The Sirens.
5. As mentioned in Chapter 5, which book did Laurene Ratcliffe read while waiting for rain on Daphne Major?
(a) The Sound and the Fury.
(b) A Streetcar Named Desire.
(c) The Agony and the Ecstasy.
(d) Waiting for Godot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What organism did Darwin's colleague Joseph Hooker study?
2. What normally causes the finches not to eat Chamaesyce?
3. How many times did the Croton trees bloom in the rains of 1982-83?
4. At what university did Lisle Gibbs study?
5. Where does Jamie Smith study sparrows?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)