|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Crossbills eat?
(d) The seeds in pinecones.
2. Who gave the lecture "The Demonstrative Evidence of Evolution"?
(a) David Lack.
(b) William Paley.
(c) Charles Darwin.
(d) Thomas Henry Huxley.
3. How many species of Ground finch are there in the Galapagos?
4. In what year was the Charles Darwin Research Station founded?
5. Who developed the "principle of divergence"?
(a) Carolus Linnaeus.
(c) Trevor Price.
(d) David Lack.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the illustration in The Origin of Species depict?
2. What caused the heavy rains in December 1982?
3. In what year did the Grants first go to the Galapagos?
4. Weiner compares the finches' hunt for seeds to which human food?
5. In Chapter 5, to which mythical figure does Weiner compare the finches?
This section contains 147 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)