|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal does Weiner describe as having "the body plan of a volcano"?
2. Who created the concept of the "darwin"?
(a) Peter Grant.
(b) J.B.S. Haldane.
(c) Trevor Price.
(d) Charles Darwin.
3. Which animal did one finch attack during the dry year?
(a) A sea lion.
(b) A mockingbird.
(c) A hawk.
(d) A black lizard.
4. What do the iguanas in the Galapagos eat?
(d) Croton seeds.
5. As mentioned in Chapter 5, which book did Laurene Ratcliffe read while waiting for rain on Daphne Major?
(a) A Streetcar Named Desire.
(b) The Sound and the Fury.
(c) Waiting for Godot.
(d) The Agony and the Ecstasy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many populations of finches did the Grants study during their first year in the Galapagos?
2. What type of bird suffered on Genovesa during the rains of 1982-83?
3. Who named one finch species "Geospiza incerta," which, according to Weiner, means "ground finch, I guess"?
4. How many sparrows survived the first population crash that Jamie Smith studied?
5. Who is studying the Sticklebacks?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)