|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what university did Lisle Gibbs study?
(a) Princeton University.
(b) Washington University of St. Louis.
(c) Ohio State University.
(d) University of Michigan.
2. Who named one finch species "Geospiza incerta," which, according to Weiner, means "ground finch, I guess"?
(a) Peter Grant.
(b) John Gould.
(d) Carolus Linnaeus.
3. How many populations of finches did the Grants study during their first year in the Galapagos?
4. How many sparrows survived the first population crash that Jamie Smith studied?
5. In chapter 6, Weiner compares evolution to the motion of which object?
(a) A volcano.
(b) A Jackson Pollock painting.
(c) A whirligig.
(d) A kaleidoscope.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who devised the idea of "adaptive landscapes"?
2. For what university did the drosophilists discussed in Chapter 12 work?
3. What type of bird is the Crossbill?
4. Who analyzed the finch data from the 1970s using partial regression analysis?
5. Which animal did one finch attack during the dry year?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)