|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what university did the drosophilists discussed in Chapter 12 work?
(a) Harvard University.
(b) New York University.
(c) University of Michigan.
(d) Rockefeller University.
2. Where does Jamie Smith study sparrows?
(a) British Columbia.
3. Cactus finches build their nest to protect themselves from which animal?
4. How long did Darwin study barnacles?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 25 years.
(d) 7 years.
5. What normally causes the finches not to eat Chamaesyce?
(a) Its latex substance.
(b) Its thorns.
(c) Its furry exterior.
(d) Its hardness.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who argued against the principle of divergence using the phrase "the Ghost of Competition Past"?
2. What organism did Darwin's colleague Joseph Hooker study?
3. What do the iguanas in the Galapagos eat?
4. Who developed the "principle of divergence"?
5. What type of bird is the Crossbill?
This section contains 148 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)