|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What organism did Darwin's colleague Joseph Hooker study?
(a) Sea cucumbers.
(b) Bracket fungi.
2. Who devised the idea of "adaptive landscapes"?
(a) Trevor Price.
(b) Phillip Gingerich.
(c) Sewall Wright.
(d) Ian Abbott.
3. Where does Jamie Smith study sparrows?
(b) British Columbia.
4. What type of bird suffered on Genovesa during the rains of 1982-83?
5. In what year did the Grants first go to the Galapagos?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year was the Charles Darwin Research Station founded?
2. What caused the heavy rains in December 1982?
3. Who named one finch species "Geospiza incerta," which, according to Weiner, means "ground finch, I guess"?
4. Which animal did one finch attack during the dry year?
5. What animal does Weiner describe as having "the body plan of a volcano"?
This section contains 154 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)