|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To which of the researchers' objects are finches always attracted?
(a) The trash can.
(d) A bucket of water.
2. What does the Difficilis on the Pinta eat?
(b) Grass seeds.
(c) Tribulus seeds.
3. In chapter 6, Weiner compares evolution to the motion of which object?
(a) A whirligig.
(b) A kaleidoscope.
(c) A Jackson Pollock painting.
(d) A volcano.
4. What caused the heavy rains in December 1982?
(a) El Niño.
(b) Unusually cold weather.
(c) Global warming.
(d) A typhoon.
5. Which year was the dry year that is discussed in Chapter 5?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the dry year, how much bigger was the beak of a surviving finch than that of a dead finch?
2. Where did Peter Grant pursue his undergraduate degree?
3. How long did Darwin study barnacles?
4. Who created the concept of the "darwin"?
5. Who argued against the principle of divergence using the phrase "the Ghost of Competition Past"?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)