Two Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Weiner compare to the "flaming sword at the gates of Eden"?
(a) Natural selection.
(b) The principle of divergence.
(c) Sexual selection.
(d) El Niño.
2. What do the iguanas in the Galapagos eat?
(a) Croton seeds.
3. How many species of Ground finch are there in the Galapagos?
4. For what university did the drosophilists discussed in Chapter 12 work?
(a) New York University.
(b) University of Michigan.
(c) Harvard University.
(d) Rockefeller University.
5. Which year was the dry year that is discussed in Chapter 5?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many sparrows survived the first population crash that Jamie Smith studied?
2. What do Crossbills eat?
3. In the dry year, how much bigger was the beak of a surviving finch than that of a dead finch?
4. Who analyzed the finch data from the 1970s using partial regression analysis?
5. Where did Peter Grant pursue his undergraduate degree?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)