|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal does Scott Carroll study?
(a) The water buffalo.
(b) The soapberry bug.
(c) The tsetse fly.
(d) The English bulldog.
2. Which type of fish is discussed at length in Chapter 6?
3. Where did John Endler build his experimental ponds?
(a) Princeton University.
(b) University of Michigan.
(c) Yale University.
(d) University of Manitoba.
4. In the first paragraph of Chapter 11, Darwin is discussing the hybridization of which animal?
5. What animal does the Hawaiian Drosophila Project study?
(b) Fruit bats.
(c) Fruit flies.
(d) Manta rays.
Short Answer Questions
1. As mentioned in Chapter 16, Darwin states that which bird landed on his water pitcher?
2. In chapter 16, Weiner compares evolutionists to characters in which classic story?
3. What color "indicates age and experience" in the male finches' feathers?
4. What is the name of the village on Santa Cruz?
5. How many mating songs does each species of finch have?
This section contains 162 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)