|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did John Endler build his experimental ponds?
(a) University of Michigan.
(b) Princeton University.
(c) University of Manitoba.
(d) Yale University.
2. Who is quoted in the opening of Chapter 6?
(a) William Shakespeare.
(b) John Donne.
(c) Joseph Hooker.
(d) Thomas Henry Huxley.
3. In chapter 16, Weiner compares evolutionists to characters in which classic story?
(a) A Christmas Carol.
(b) Donnie Darko.
(c) Gulliver's Travels.
4. Who made the statement about Cleopatra's nose that is quoted in Chapter 11?
(c) Isaac Newton.
5. What color "indicates age and experience" in the male finches' feathers?
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal does Scott Carroll study?
2. How many mating songs does each species of finch have?
3. In what state did Benjamin Walsh build his homestead?
4. As mentioned in Chapter 16, Darwin states that which bird landed on his water pitcher?
5. Which type of fish is discussed at length in Chapter 6?
This section contains 160 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)