|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote the book Natural Selection in the Wild?
(a) Peter Grant.
(b) David Lack.
(c) Charles Darwin.
(d) John Endler.
2. In the first paragraph of Chapter 11, Darwin is discussing the hybridization of which animal?
3. How many mating songs does each species of finch have?
4. Where did Darwin pick up the second volume of Principles of Geology?
(c) Buenos Aires.
5. Who made the statement about Cleopatra's nose that is quoted in Chapter 11?
(d) Isaac Newton.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom did Darwin commission to breed unusual combinations of pigeons?
2. In chapter 16, Weiner compares evolutionists to characters in which classic story?
3. What animal does Scott Carroll study?
4. As mentioned in Chapter 16, Darwin states that which bird landed on his water pitcher?
5. What color "indicates age and experience" in the male finches' feathers?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)