|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is quoted in the opening of Chapter 6?
(a) John Donne.
(b) Thomas Henry Huxley.
(c) Joseph Hooker.
(d) William Shakespeare.
2. What animal does the Hawaiian Drosophila Project study?
(a) Manta rays.
(b) Fruit bats.
(d) Fruit flies.
3. Who wrote the book Natural Selection in the Wild?
(a) Peter Grant.
(b) David Lack.
(c) John Endler.
(d) Charles Darwin.
4. Which of the following is not a predator mentioned in Chapter 6?
(a) Rivulus hartii.
5. Which type of animal in the Galapagos has one alpha male that mates with many females?
(d) Sea lion.
Short Answer Questions
1. As described at the end of Chapter 6, for what were Trevor Price and Lisle Gibbs waiting?
2. What does the Latin word "specere" mean?
3. In what state did Benjamin Walsh build his homestead?
4. In Chapter 6, what does Weiner compare to a Petri dish?
5. In chapter 16, Weiner compares evolutionists to characters in which classic story?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)