|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Darwin pick up the second volume of Principles of Geology?
(d) Buenos Aires.
2. As mentioned in Chapter 16, Darwin states that which bird landed on his water pitcher?
3. In chapter 16, Weiner compares evolutionists to characters in which classic story?
(a) Donnie Darko.
(b) A Christmas Carol.
(c) Gulliver's Travels.
4. In Chapter 6, what does Weiner compare to a Petri dish?
(a) New York City.
(c) Daphne Major.
5. Who made the statement about Cleopatra's nose that is quoted in Chapter 11?
(d) Isaac Newton.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many mating songs does each species of finch have?
2. Where did John Endler build his experimental ponds?
3. Who was the first person who could recognize all the finches on Daphne Major?
4. What color "indicates age and experience" in the male finches' feathers?
5. Which type of animal in the Galapagos has one alpha male that mates with many females?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)