|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what state did Benjamin Walsh build his homestead?
(d) West Virginia.
2. What is the name of the village on Santa Cruz?
(a) Rapa Nui.
(c) Puerto Ayora.
(d) Puerto Vallarta.
3. What color "indicates age and experience" in the male finches' feathers?
4. In chapter 16, Weiner compares evolutionists to characters in which classic story?
(b) Donnie Darko.
(c) A Christmas Carol.
(d) Gulliver's Travels.
5. Who wrote the book Natural Selection in the Wild?
(a) David Lack.
(b) Charles Darwin.
(c) John Endler.
(d) Peter Grant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom did Darwin commission to breed unusual combinations of pigeons?
2. Who was the first person who could recognize all the finches on Daphne Major?
3. What does the Latin word "specere" mean?
4. How many mating songs does each species of finch have?
5. Which of the following is not a predator mentioned in Chapter 6?
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)