|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not a predator mentioned in Chapter 6?
(c) Rivulus hartii.
2. In Chapter 6, what does Weiner compare to a Petri dish?
(b) Daphne Major.
(c) New York City.
3. In what state did Benjamin Walsh build his homestead?
(a) West Virginia.
4. How many mating songs does each species of finch have?
5. Who wrote the book Natural Selection in the Wild?
(a) David Lack.
(b) John Endler.
(c) Peter Grant.
(d) Charles Darwin.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the first paragraph of Chapter 11, Darwin is discussing the hybridization of which animal?
2. Who was the first person who could recognize all the finches on Daphne Major?
3. What animal does Scott Carroll study?
4. As witnessed by Hermon Carey Bumpus, which birds died en masse after a blizzard?
5. Which type of animal in the Galapagos has one alpha male that mates with many females?
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)