|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom did Darwin commission to breed unusual combinations of pigeons?
(a) Arthur Conan Doyle.
(b) Sir John Sebright.
(c) John Sewall.
(d) Lord Byron.
2. In the first paragraph of Chapter 11, Darwin is discussing the hybridization of which animal?
3. As witnessed by Hermon Carey Bumpus, which birds died en masse after a blizzard?
(a) English sparrows.
4. Which of the following is not a predator mentioned in Chapter 6?
(c) Rivulus hartii.
5. Where did Darwin pick up the second volume of Principles of Geology?
(b) Buenos Aires.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many mating songs does each species of finch have?
2. As mentioned in Chapter 16, Darwin states that which bird landed on his water pitcher?
3. In what state did Benjamin Walsh build his homestead?
4. Who is quoted in the opening of Chapter 6?
5. Who was the first person who could recognize all the finches on Daphne Major?
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)