|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what state did Benjamin Walsh build his homestead?
(b) West Virginia.
2. Which type of fish is discussed at length in Chapter 6?
3. In what book does Darwin discuss "sexual selection"?
(a) The Descent of Man.
(b) Zoology of the Voyage of the H.M.S. Beagle.
(c) The Origin of Species.
(d) Journals and Remarks.
4. In the first paragraph of Chapter 11, Darwin is discussing the hybridization of which animal?
5. As witnessed by Hermon Carey Bumpus, which birds died en masse after a blizzard?
(b) English sparrows.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which type of animal in the Galapagos has one alpha male that mates with many females?
2. As mentioned in Chapter 16, Darwin states that which bird landed on his water pitcher?
3. Whom did Darwin commission to breed unusual combinations of pigeons?
4. In chapter 16, Weiner compares evolutionists to characters in which classic story?
5. Who was the first person who could recognize all the finches on Daphne Major?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)