|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As described at the end of Chapter 6, for what were Trevor Price and Lisle Gibbs waiting?
(a) The dry season.
(d) A bus.
2. Whom did Darwin commission to breed unusual combinations of pigeons?
(a) Arthur Conan Doyle.
(b) Sir John Sebright.
(c) John Sewall.
(d) Lord Byron.
3. Who wrote the book Natural Selection in the Wild?
(a) David Lack.
(b) Charles Darwin.
(c) Peter Grant.
(d) John Endler.
4. What animal does the Hawaiian Drosophila Project study?
(a) Fruit bats.
(b) Fruit flies.
(d) Manta rays.
5. In chapter 16, Weiner compares evolutionists to characters in which classic story?
(b) Gulliver's Travels.
(c) Donnie Darko.
(d) A Christmas Carol.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the first paragraph of Chapter 11, Darwin is discussing the hybridization of which animal?
2. As witnessed by Hermon Carey Bumpus, which birds died en masse after a blizzard?
3. What does the Latin word "specere" mean?
4. In Chapter 6, what does Weiner compare to a Petri dish?
5. What animal does Scott Carroll study?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)