|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which type of animal in the Galapagos has one alpha male that mates with many females?
(a) Sea lion.
2. How many mating songs does each species of finch have?
3. What does the Latin word "specere" mean?
(a) To be speckled.
(b) To see.
(c) To sing.
(d) To specify.
4. What is the name of the village on Santa Cruz?
(a) Rapa Nui.
(b) Puerto Ayora.
(d) Puerto Vallarta.
5. What animal does the Hawaiian Drosophila Project study?
(a) Manta rays.
(c) Fruit flies.
(d) Fruit bats.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the first paragraph of Chapter 11, Darwin is discussing the hybridization of which animal?
2. Who is quoted in the opening of Chapter 6?
3. Where did Darwin pick up the second volume of Principles of Geology?
4. In what state did Benjamin Walsh build his homestead?
5. Whom did Darwin commission to breed unusual combinations of pigeons?
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)