|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom did Darwin commission to breed unusual combinations of pigeons?
(a) John Sewall.
(b) Arthur Conan Doyle.
(c) Lord Byron.
(d) Sir John Sebright.
2. Who was the first person who could recognize all the finches on Daphne Major?
(a) Ian Abbott.
(b) Trevor Price.
(c) Rosemary Grant.
(d) Nicola Grant.
3. What is the name of the village on Santa Cruz?
(a) Puerto Ayora.
(b) Puerto Vallarta.
(d) Rapa Nui.
4. In the first paragraph of Chapter 11, Darwin is discussing the hybridization of which animal?
5. What animal does Scott Carroll study?
(a) The tsetse fly.
(b) The water buffalo.
(c) The soapberry bug.
(d) The English bulldog.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what book does Darwin discuss "sexual selection"?
2. Which type of fish is discussed at length in Chapter 6?
3. In Chapter 6, what does Weiner compare to a Petri dish?
4. Who wrote the book Natural Selection in the Wild?
5. What color "indicates age and experience" in the male finches' feathers?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)