|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many mating songs does each species of finch have?
2. In what book does Darwin discuss "sexual selection"?
(a) Journals and Remarks.
(b) The Descent of Man.
(c) Zoology of the Voyage of the H.M.S. Beagle.
(d) The Origin of Species.
3. Which type of animal in the Galapagos has one alpha male that mates with many females?
(d) Sea lion.
4. In chapter 16, Weiner compares evolutionists to characters in which classic story?
(a) A Christmas Carol.
(c) Gulliver's Travels.
(d) Donnie Darko.
5. As mentioned in Chapter 16, Darwin states that which bird landed on his water pitcher?
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal does Scott Carroll study?
2. Who made the statement about Cleopatra's nose that is quoted in Chapter 11?
3. As described at the end of Chapter 6, for what were Trevor Price and Lisle Gibbs waiting?
4. Whom did Darwin commission to breed unusual combinations of pigeons?
5. Which of the following is not a predator mentioned in Chapter 6?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)