|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote the book Natural Selection in the Wild?
(a) John Endler.
(b) Peter Grant.
(c) Charles Darwin.
(d) David Lack.
2. Which type of animal in the Galapagos has one alpha male that mates with many females?
(a) Sea lion.
3. What is the name of the village on Santa Cruz?
(a) Puerto Ayora.
(b) Puerto Vallarta.
(d) Rapa Nui.
4. Who was the first person who could recognize all the finches on Daphne Major?
(a) Trevor Price.
(b) Nicola Grant.
(c) Ian Abbott.
(d) Rosemary Grant.
5. Who is quoted in the opening of Chapter 6?
(a) William Shakespeare.
(b) Thomas Henry Huxley.
(c) Joseph Hooker.
(d) John Donne.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom did Darwin commission to breed unusual combinations of pigeons?
2. How many mating songs does each species of finch have?
3. What color "indicates age and experience" in the male finches' feathers?
4. Which of the following is not a predator mentioned in Chapter 6?
5. What animal does Scott Carroll study?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)