|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As mentioned in Chapter 16, Darwin states that which bird landed on his water pitcher?
2. Where did John Endler build his experimental ponds?
(a) University of Manitoba.
(b) University of Michigan.
(c) Princeton University.
(d) Yale University.
3. Where did Darwin pick up the second volume of Principles of Geology?
(b) Buenos Aires.
4. Which type of animal in the Galapagos has one alpha male that mates with many females?
(b) Sea lion.
5. What color "indicates age and experience" in the male finches' feathers?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 6, what does Weiner compare to a Petri dish?
2. Which of the following is not a predator mentioned in Chapter 6?
3. In what book does Darwin discuss "sexual selection"?
4. What animal does Scott Carroll study?
5. In the first paragraph of Chapter 11, Darwin is discussing the hybridization of which animal?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)