|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 16, Weiner compares evolutionists to characters in which classic story?
(a) Gulliver's Travels.
(c) Donnie Darko.
(d) A Christmas Carol.
2. Who was the first person who could recognize all the finches on Daphne Major?
(a) Trevor Price.
(b) Nicola Grant.
(c) Ian Abbott.
(d) Rosemary Grant.
3. Who made the statement about Cleopatra's nose that is quoted in Chapter 11?
(a) Isaac Newton.
4. As mentioned in Chapter 16, Darwin states that which bird landed on his water pitcher?
5. As described at the end of Chapter 6, for what were Trevor Price and Lisle Gibbs waiting?
(a) The dry season.
(c) A bus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which type of animal in the Galapagos has one alpha male that mates with many females?
2. Who wrote the book Natural Selection in the Wild?
3. How many mating songs does each species of finch have?
4. In Chapter 6, what does Weiner compare to a Petri dish?
5. In what book does Darwin discuss "sexual selection"?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)