|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As witnessed by Hermon Carey Bumpus, which birds died en masse after a blizzard?
(d) English sparrows.
2. In what state did Benjamin Walsh build his homestead?
(d) West Virginia.
3. Which type of fish is discussed at length in Chapter 6?
4. What does the Latin word "specere" mean?
(a) To specify.
(b) To sing.
(c) To be speckled.
(d) To see.
5. What is the name of the village on Santa Cruz?
(a) Puerto Ayora.
(b) Puerto Vallarta.
(c) Rapa Nui.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom did Darwin commission to breed unusual combinations of pigeons?
2. Where did Darwin pick up the second volume of Principles of Geology?
3. As mentioned in Chapter 16, Darwin states that which bird landed on his water pitcher?
4. In what book does Darwin discuss "sexual selection"?
5. Where did John Endler build his experimental ponds?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)