|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which type of fish is discussed at length in Chapter 6?
2. Who was the first person who could recognize all the finches on Daphne Major?
(a) Nicola Grant.
(b) Trevor Price.
(c) Ian Abbott.
(d) Rosemary Grant.
3. In chapter 16, Weiner compares evolutionists to characters in which classic story?
(a) Gulliver's Travels.
(b) A Christmas Carol.
(d) Donnie Darko.
4. Whom did Darwin commission to breed unusual combinations of pigeons?
(a) John Sewall.
(b) Sir John Sebright.
(c) Lord Byron.
(d) Arthur Conan Doyle.
5. Who wrote the book Natural Selection in the Wild?
(a) John Endler.
(b) Peter Grant.
(c) Charles Darwin.
(d) David Lack.
Short Answer Questions
1. As witnessed by Hermon Carey Bumpus, which birds died en masse after a blizzard?
2. In the first paragraph of Chapter 11, Darwin is discussing the hybridization of which animal?
3. In what state did Benjamin Walsh build his homestead?
4. As mentioned in Chapter 16, Darwin states that which bird landed on his water pitcher?
5. What is the name of the village on Santa Cruz?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)