|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As witnessed by Hermon Carey Bumpus, which birds died en masse after a blizzard?
(b) English sparrows.
2. Where did John Endler build his experimental ponds?
(a) Yale University.
(b) University of Manitoba.
(c) Princeton University.
(d) University of Michigan.
3. Who made the statement about Cleopatra's nose that is quoted in Chapter 11?
(a) Isaac Newton.
4. Who is quoted in the opening of Chapter 6?
(a) John Donne.
(b) Thomas Henry Huxley.
(c) Joseph Hooker.
(d) William Shakespeare.
5. As described at the end of Chapter 6, for what were Trevor Price and Lisle Gibbs waiting?
(a) A bus.
(d) The dry season.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which type of animal in the Galapagos has one alpha male that mates with many females?
2. Where did Darwin pick up the second volume of Principles of Geology?
3. What is the name of the village on Santa Cruz?
4. In what state did Benjamin Walsh build his homestead?
5. Who was the first person who could recognize all the finches on Daphne Major?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)