|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many mating songs does each species of finch have?
2. In the first paragraph of Chapter 11, Darwin is discussing the hybridization of which animal?
3. Whom did Darwin commission to breed unusual combinations of pigeons?
(a) Lord Byron.
(b) John Sewall.
(c) Sir John Sebright.
(d) Arthur Conan Doyle.
4. As mentioned in Chapter 16, Darwin states that which bird landed on his water pitcher?
5. Where did John Endler build his experimental ponds?
(a) University of Michigan.
(b) Yale University.
(c) University of Manitoba.
(d) Princeton University.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who made the statement about Cleopatra's nose that is quoted in Chapter 11?
2. In chapter 16, Weiner compares evolutionists to characters in which classic story?
3. Which type of fish is discussed at length in Chapter 6?
4. In Chapter 6, what does Weiner compare to a Petri dish?
5. Who wrote the book Natural Selection in the Wild?
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)