|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which type of animal in the Galapagos has one alpha male that mates with many females?
(a) Sea lion.
2. As witnessed by Hermon Carey Bumpus, which birds died en masse after a blizzard?
(b) English sparrows.
3. Who is quoted in the opening of Chapter 6?
(a) Thomas Henry Huxley.
(b) Joseph Hooker.
(c) William Shakespeare.
(d) John Donne.
4. As described at the end of Chapter 6, for what were Trevor Price and Lisle Gibbs waiting?
(c) A bus.
(d) The dry season.
5. What does the Latin word "specere" mean?
(a) To see.
(b) To sing.
(c) To be speckled.
(d) To specify.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the first person who could recognize all the finches on Daphne Major?
2. In the first paragraph of Chapter 11, Darwin is discussing the hybridization of which animal?
3. Which type of fish is discussed at length in Chapter 6?
4. As mentioned in Chapter 16, Darwin states that which bird landed on his water pitcher?
5. In chapter 16, Weiner compares evolutionists to characters in which classic story?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)