|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As witnessed by Hermon Carey Bumpus, which birds died en masse after a blizzard?
(b) English sparrows.
2. Who is quoted in the opening of Chapter 6?
(a) John Donne.
(b) Joseph Hooker.
(c) Thomas Henry Huxley.
(d) William Shakespeare.
3. How many mating songs does each species of finch have?
4. Whom did Darwin commission to breed unusual combinations of pigeons?
(a) John Sewall.
(b) Sir John Sebright.
(c) Arthur Conan Doyle.
(d) Lord Byron.
5. Who wrote the book Natural Selection in the Wild?
(a) Charles Darwin.
(b) John Endler.
(c) David Lack.
(d) Peter Grant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal does the Hawaiian Drosophila Project study?
2. In what state did Benjamin Walsh build his homestead?
3. Which type of fish is discussed at length in Chapter 6?
4. What animal does Scott Carroll study?
5. As described at the end of Chapter 6, for what were Trevor Price and Lisle Gibbs waiting?
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)