|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did John Endler build his experimental ponds?
(a) University of Manitoba.
(b) Yale University.
(c) University of Michigan.
(d) Princeton University.
2. What is the name of the village on Santa Cruz?
(a) Puerto Ayora.
(b) Puerto Vallarta.
(d) Rapa Nui.
3. What animal does the Hawaiian Drosophila Project study?
(a) Manta rays.
(b) Fruit bats.
(d) Fruit flies.
4. As mentioned in Chapter 16, Darwin states that which bird landed on his water pitcher?
5. Who is quoted in the opening of Chapter 6?
(a) Thomas Henry Huxley.
(b) John Donne.
(c) William Shakespeare.
(d) Joseph Hooker.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many mating songs does each species of finch have?
2. What does the Latin word "specere" mean?
3. In chapter 16, Weiner compares evolutionists to characters in which classic story?
4. Where did Darwin pick up the second volume of Principles of Geology?
5. What animal does Scott Carroll study?
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)