|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who made the statement about Cleopatra's nose that is quoted in Chapter 11?
(d) Isaac Newton.
2. In the first paragraph of Chapter 11, Darwin is discussing the hybridization of which animal?
3. Where did Darwin pick up the second volume of Principles of Geology?
(d) Buenos Aires.
4. What is the name of the village on Santa Cruz?
(a) Puerto Vallarta.
(b) Rapa Nui.
(d) Puerto Ayora.
5. What animal does Scott Carroll study?
(a) The water buffalo.
(b) The English bulldog.
(c) The soapberry bug.
(d) The tsetse fly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom did Darwin commission to breed unusual combinations of pigeons?
2. Which type of fish is discussed at length in Chapter 6?
3. Who was the first person who could recognize all the finches on Daphne Major?
4. What animal does the Hawaiian Drosophila Project study?
5. As described at the end of Chapter 6, for what were Trevor Price and Lisle Gibbs waiting?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)