|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color "indicates age and experience" in the male finches' feathers?
2. Whom did Darwin commission to breed unusual combinations of pigeons?
(a) Arthur Conan Doyle.
(b) John Sewall.
(c) Sir John Sebright.
(d) Lord Byron.
3. Which type of fish is discussed at length in Chapter 6?
4. What does the Latin word "specere" mean?
(a) To see.
(b) To specify.
(c) To be speckled.
(d) To sing.
5. Who was the first person who could recognize all the finches on Daphne Major?
(a) Nicola Grant.
(b) Trevor Price.
(c) Ian Abbott.
(d) Rosemary Grant.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the first paragraph of Chapter 11, Darwin is discussing the hybridization of which animal?
2. How many mating songs does each species of finch have?
3. In what state did Benjamin Walsh build his homestead?
4. In chapter 16, Weiner compares evolutionists to characters in which classic story?
5. In what book does Darwin discuss "sexual selection"?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)