Part 1, Chapter 1
* The Grants are doing their normal work on Daphne Major, measuring finches and recording the data.
* The Grants are performing some of the empirical research that Darwin did not perform, so that they may prove his hypotheses.
* The Grants arrive by boat on Daphne Major with all their equipment and they set up camp.
* On the island, they rely largely on fairly primitive instruments that will withstand the prolonged exposure to intense heat.
Part 1, Chapter 2
* Darwin came to the Galapagos and encountered unusual animals that made him think deeply about the beginnings of their existence.
* He collected specimens of various animals and took them back to Europe, where he and other scientists studied them carefully.
* Darwin first learned about natural selection through the process of breeding pigeons.
Part 1, Chapter 3
* Taxonomists have classified the Galapagos finches in many different arrangements, but the current arrangement is of thirteen...
This section contains 925 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)