|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Christo going to die?
2. What do Richard and Francoise discuss?
3. How had it happened?
4. Who stood up for the rafters?
5. What did Sal and Jed agree on?
Short Essay Questions
1. What had made Keaty feel really bad about the squid giving people food poisoning?
2. What had Bugs done that made Richard mad?
3. How was Richard making Sal's life difficult?
4. What was Sal insinuating that Richard should do in regards to Karl?
5. How did Bugs manage to make the opposition feel like dissenters?
6. Why did Richard and Keaty spike the stew and what was the result of this tampering?
7. Who argued on behalf of the rafters and what was the outcome? Why didn't Richard prevent this outcome?
8. What did Bugs do to the corpse of Sammy and what was Richards' explanation for his behavior?
9. Why were Keaty and Jed the ones to talk to in regards to finding out more about Jesse and Cassie? Who wasn't good to talk to?
10. Who was reanimated by Richard and how?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss whether or not living in paradise for any length of time would taint the way a person would perceive paradise. Explain your answer citing the book, and explain the contradiction in Richard's arrival in Koh Phangan and his return to England.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Richards more gory fantasies that occur throughout the book. What is this fascination with the violence in his own mind indicative of? Explain if this makes Richard a threat or an ally.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss why it was impossible for the rafters to negotiate their release. What were the main reasons for the dope guards killing the rafters? What did they fear would occur? Was this a logical fear or paranoia? How does the reader know?
This section contains 964 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)