|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Richard want to leave with?
2. What did Richard attempt to shove in that person's mouth?
3. What stopped Etienne from speaking?
4. Where did Richard tell Christo Karl was?
5. What did Sal and Jed agree on?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the camp do in response to Bugs' actions? What did they attempt to do to Richard?
2. How long did Richard's frustration last in regards to the world and Koh Phangan?
3. What was the pool a substitute for?
4. How did Richard, Jed, Keaty, Francoise and Etienne get rescued? How did they make do without money?
5. How did Francoise know about Richard's kiss? What did she thank him for?
6. How is it that Richard sees Keaty and Jed so frequently?
7. What was pissing Sal off and why was Richard doing it?
8. What plan was made in regards to Zeph and Sammy?
9. Who argued on behalf of the rafters and what was the outcome? Why didn't Richard prevent this outcome?
10. Why were Keaty and Jed the ones to talk to in regards to finding out more about Jesse and Cassie? Who wasn't good to talk to?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discern a reason why Richard suddenly seemed to have a lack of interest in Francoise towards the end of the novel. Compare the amount of time Richard chooses to reflect upon Francoise and think about her towards the end of the novel. How might this be considered a precursor for his own downfall?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Jed's reconnaissance missions for Sal. Why do you think he was given these missions? Would they contribute to Jeds' alienation from the rest of the camp, or is his alienation the result of his own doing? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Sal and Daffy's relationship. What evidence is there to suggest that there was more than just friendship on their minds? Has this evidence left the reader to suspect that they may have been romantically linked? If not, is there evidence to suggest that either Sal or Daffy wanted to be more than just friends? Explain.
This section contains 1,019 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)