|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Francoise asked for?
2. What fantasy did Richard have?
3. Which of these statements are false?
4. What did Sal and Jed agree on?
5. How long after the dissolution of the beach commune was the epilogue?
Short Essay Questions
1. Zeph and Sammy made several mistakes on their way to the commune. What were they? What was the biggest mistake the rafting group made?
2. How was Richard making Sal's life difficult?
3. How did Bugs manage to make the opposition feel like dissenters?
4. What drew the sharks attention, and how did Richard spear it?
5. What was the pool a substitute for?
6. What wrong move did Richard make, according to Etienne?
7. What plan was made in regards to Zeph and Sammy?
8. Why were Keaty and Jed the ones to talk to in regards to finding out more about Jesse and Cassie? Who wasn't good to talk to?
9. How is it that Richard sees Keaty and Jed so frequently?
10. What lie did Richard tell to Christo?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Jed's reconnaissance missions for Sal. Why do you think he was given these missions? Would they contribute to Jeds' alienation from the rest of the camp, or is his alienation the result of his own doing? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Sal's descent from leader to dictator. Was it likely that the rest of the camp understood or noticed the change in Sal? How or why not? Hypothesize on whether or not this had an impact on the commune's downfall.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the camp's reaction to Richard 'doing things' for Sal. How did people go out of their way to be nice to him and friendly with him? What likely prompted this sudden interest in Richard? What perspective does the reader take of Richard's association with Sal?
This section contains 936 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)