|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why might Keaty be in trouble?
2. What did Daffy get punished a two-pence for?
3. What was the general feeling when the group ran towards the surf?
4. What was not one of the islands natural barriers?
5. Who had comments directed specifically at them?
Short Essay Questions
1. How long did Richard's frustration last in regards to the world and Koh Phangan?
2. Zeph and Sammy made several mistakes on their way to the commune. What were they? What was the biggest mistake the rafting group made?
3. How did it happen that Keaty speared a dead squid?
4. Who was reanimated by Richard and how?
5. Why were Keaty and Jed the ones to talk to in regards to finding out more about Jesse and Cassie? Who wasn't good to talk to?
6. What plan was made in regards to Zeph and Sammy?
7. Who argued on behalf of the rafters and what was the outcome? Why didn't Richard prevent this outcome?
8. What did Bugs do to the corpse of Sammy and what was Richards' explanation for his behavior?
9. What had made Richard feel mildly put out?
10. What was Sal insinuating that Richard should do in regards to Karl?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss why it was impossible for the rafters to negotiate their release. What were the main reasons for the dope guards killing the rafters? What did they fear would occur? Was this a logical fear or paranoia? How does the reader know?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the shark attack. In what manner was it the start of the downfall of paradise on the beach? How did it change things for the residents of the beach, and how were things never again the same afterward?
Essay Topic 3
Explore Richards resentment of Bugs. What kinds of things specifically did Richard really have a problem with in regards to Bugs and his presence? Were these things intentionally done by Bugs, or were they the result of an unintentional affront? Explain your answer.
This section contains 987 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)