|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What image did Daffy come to Richard in?
2. What did Daffy compare living with Sal and Bugs to?
3. What animal did Richard compare Karl to?
4. How do the people in the camp view Richard?
5. Which of the Swede's was still missing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Sal insinuating that Richard should do in regards to Karl?
2. How was Richard making Sal's life difficult?
3. Why did Richard and Keaty spike the stew and what was the result of this tampering?
4. How is it that Richard sees Keaty and Jed so frequently?
5. What drew the sharks attention, and how did Richard spear it?
6. What was pissing Sal off and why was Richard doing it?
7. How did Francoise know about Richard's kiss? What did she thank him for?
8. What did Bugs do to the corpse of Sammy and what was Richards' explanation for his behavior?
9. What wrong move did Richard make, according to Etienne?
10. What was the pool a substitute for?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the shark attack. In what manner was it the start of the downfall of paradise on the beach? How did it change things for the residents of the beach, and how were things never again the same afterward?
Essay Topic 2
Explain how the beach community must remain a secret and for what reasons everyone diligently keeps that secret. What does the beach have the potential to become if it becomes exposed? How is this an undesirable outcome? Are the methods employed at keeping the secret of the beach a bit heinous in their extremity? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss whether or not living in paradise for any length of time would taint the way a person would perceive paradise. Explain your answer citing the book, and explain the contradiction in Richard's arrival in Koh Phangan and his return to England.
This section contains 902 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)