|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many air pockets did the two men encounter?
2. Where did Daffy flick his bark zero?
3. What did the group hear?
4. Where was the mouse?
5. Why is it that Sal likes Richard?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is it that Richard sees Keaty and Jed so frequently?
2. What had made Keaty feel really bad about the squid giving people food poisoning?
3. What things did Richard note in the asides about of the Swedes?
4. How long did Richard's frustration last in regards to the world and Koh Phangan?
5. Who was reanimated by Richard and how?
6. What was Sal insinuating that Richard should do in regards to Karl?
7. What had Bugs done that made Richard mad?
8. What had made Richard feel mildly put out?
9. Who argued on behalf of the rafters and what was the outcome? Why didn't Richard prevent this outcome?
10. What was irritating in regards to Bug's competitive streak?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss whether or not living in paradise for any length of time would taint the way a person would perceive paradise. Explain your answer citing the book, and explain the contradiction in Richard's arrival in Koh Phangan and his return to England.
Essay Topic 2
Attempt to explain the camps swarming and subsequent mutilation of the bodies of the rafters. Try and provide some explanations for this bizarre and frightening behavior. How does this mark the complete and utter dissolution of the camps' social structure?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the authors reasoning for having the island community addicted to marijuana. Provide an explanation for the author's reasons for including a narcotic plantation on the island, and offer up a non-drug related alternative that might have been employed.
This section contains 879 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)