|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What image can Richard clearly recall?
2. Who thought Karl wouldn't attack Richard?
3. What was the last thing Richard said to Christo?
4. Where did Richard tell Christo Karl was?
5. Who had comments directed specifically at them?
Short Essay Questions
1. Zeph and Sammy made several mistakes on their way to the commune. What were they? What was the biggest mistake the rafting group made?
2. What was the analogy Richard had made about the Gulf War?
3. What is killing Christo, and how could it have been prevented? Why can't Etienne find out about it?
4. What had Bugs done that made Richard mad?
5. What did Richard find himself thinking about for the first time since his arrival on the beach?
6. Who argued on behalf of the rafters and what was the outcome? Why didn't Richard prevent this outcome?
7. What plan was made in regards to Zeph and Sammy?
8. What was Sal insinuating that Richard should do in regards to Karl?
9. What lie did Richard tell to Christo?
10. How is it that Richard sees Keaty and Jed so frequently?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Sal's descent from leader to dictator. Was it likely that the rest of the camp understood or noticed the change in Sal? How or why not? Hypothesize on whether or not this had an impact on the commune's downfall.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the shark attack. In what manner was it the start of the downfall of paradise on the beach? How did it change things for the residents of the beach, and how were things never again the same afterward?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss whether or not paradise is truly possible. What human flaws make paradise an almost impossible endeavor? Do you think it is possible for people to learn to work together indefinitely? Why or why not?
This section contains 907 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)