|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Francoise asked for?
2. How do the people in the camp view Richard?
3. What was the reason for the cheering?
4. What had happened to the rafters?
5. What did Daffy see as a kindness?
Short Essay Questions
1. What things did Richard note in the asides about of the Swedes?
2. Who was reanimated by Richard and how?
3. What was the pool a substitute for?
4. What drew the sharks attention, and how did Richard spear it?
5. How did Richard, Jed, Keaty, Francoise and Etienne get rescued? How did they make do without money?
6. What had made Keaty feel really bad about the squid giving people food poisoning?
7. How was Richard making Sal's life difficult?
8. What was pissing Sal off and why was Richard doing it?
9. How did Richard become comfortable regarding Mr. Duck's presence in the daylight?
10. How long did Richard's frustration last in regards to the world and Koh Phangan?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss whether or not paradise is truly possible. What human flaws make paradise an almost impossible endeavor? Do you think it is possible for people to learn to work together indefinitely? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Daffy's comment about 'living with Cancer". What do you think that comment was directed at, and why? What would Daffy consider to be cancer? How was he released from living with Cancer? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Explain how the beach community must remain a secret and for what reasons everyone diligently keeps that secret. What does the beach have the potential to become if it becomes exposed? How is this an undesirable outcome? Are the methods employed at keeping the secret of the beach a bit heinous in their extremity? Explain.
This section contains 973 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)