|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Richard fix Francoise and Etienne's drunkenness?
2. What were the last of Richards worries to go?
3. What was different about the passage leading to the cave and the one Richard was in?
4. What did Daffy see as a kindness?
5. Why didn't people use last names on the beach?
Short Essay Questions
1. What had Bugs done that made Richard mad?
2. How did Richard become comfortable regarding Mr. Duck's presence in the daylight?
3. What was pissing Sal off and why was Richard doing it?
4. What lie did Richard tell to Christo?
5. What did the camp do in response to Bugs' actions? What did they attempt to do to Richard?
6. How did it happen that Keaty speared a dead squid?
7. What was irritating in regards to Bug's competitive streak?
8. What things did Richard note in the asides about of the Swedes?
9. What wrong move did Richard make, according to Etienne?
10. Who argued on behalf of the rafters and what was the outcome? Why didn't Richard prevent this outcome?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Jed's reconnaissance missions for Sal. Why do you think he was given these missions? Would they contribute to Jeds' alienation from the rest of the camp, or is his alienation the result of his own doing? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Attempt to explain the camps swarming and subsequent mutilation of the bodies of the rafters. Try and provide some explanations for this bizarre and frightening behavior. How does this mark the complete and utter dissolution of the camps' social structure?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the conversations that would have likely been had with the parents of Richard and his companions upon their return from the island. Might they have sought out counseling for what they had done and seen? Why or why not?
This section contains 996 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)