|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who else sees Daffy?
2. How many days had the people been on the neighboring island?
3. What did Richard find himself thinking about since the first time he had arrived on the beach?
4. What was the reason for the cheering?
5. What was wrapped around Richards' neck?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was reanimated by Richard and how?
2. What is killing Christo, and how could it have been prevented? Why can't Etienne find out about it?
3. Zeph and Sammy made several mistakes on their way to the commune. What were they? What was the biggest mistake the rafting group made?
4. What had Bugs done that made Richard mad?
5. What had made Keaty feel really bad about the squid giving people food poisoning?
6. How was Richard making Sal's life difficult?
7. What lie did Richard tell to Christo?
8. How is it that Richard sees Keaty and Jed so frequently?
9. How did Bugs manage to make the opposition feel like dissenters?
10. What drew the sharks attention, and how did Richard spear it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss whether or not living in paradise for any length of time would taint the way a person would perceive paradise. Explain your answer citing the book, and explain the contradiction in Richard's arrival in Koh Phangan and his return to England.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Jed's reconnaissance missions for Sal. Why do you think he was given these missions? Would they contribute to Jeds' alienation from the rest of the camp, or is his alienation the result of his own doing? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Sal and Daffy's relationship. What evidence is there to suggest that there was more than just friendship on their minds? Has this evidence left the reader to suspect that they may have been romantically linked? If not, is there evidence to suggest that either Sal or Daffy wanted to be more than just friends? Explain.
This section contains 923 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)