|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many air pockets did the two men encounter?
2. What film did Daffy and Richard talk about?
3. Who's opinion in this matter does Sal ask?
4. Who does Richard see all of the time now that they are back in England?
5. How many chickens did Ella have to pluck?
Short Essay Questions
1. What things did Richard note in the asides about of the Swedes?
2. Why were Keaty and Jed the ones to talk to in regards to finding out more about Jesse and Cassie? Who wasn't good to talk to?
3. What was the analogy Richard had made about the Gulf War?
4. What is killing Christo, and how could it have been prevented? Why can't Etienne find out about it?
5. How did Richard, Jed, Keaty, Francoise and Etienne get rescued? How did they make do without money?
6. Zeph and Sammy made several mistakes on their way to the commune. What were they? What was the biggest mistake the rafting group made?
7. Who argued on behalf of the rafters and what was the outcome? Why didn't Richard prevent this outcome?
8. Who was reanimated by Richard and how?
9. How is it that Richard sees Keaty and Jed so frequently?
10. What was irritating in regards to Bug's competitive streak?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the camp's reaction to Richard 'doing things' for Sal. How did people go out of their way to be nice to him and friendly with him? What likely prompted this sudden interest in Richard? What perspective does the reader take of Richard's association with Sal?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Daffy's comment about 'living with Cancer". What do you think that comment was directed at, and why? What would Daffy consider to be cancer? How was he released from living with Cancer? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Explain how the beach community must remain a secret and for what reasons everyone diligently keeps that secret. What does the beach have the potential to become if it becomes exposed? How is this an undesirable outcome? Are the methods employed at keeping the secret of the beach a bit heinous in their extremity? Explain.
This section contains 1,009 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)