|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why wouldn't Richard ask Gregorio about the division he felt between the camp and Sal and Bugs?
2. Who had comments directed specifically at them?
3. What sign do people interpret as being a positive change in Karl's behavior?
4. How do the people in the camp view Richard?
5. What was wrapped around Richards' neck?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Richard, Jed, Keaty, Francoise and Etienne get rescued? How did they make do without money?
2. Who was reanimated by Richard and how?
3. What plan was made in regards to Zeph and Sammy?
4. What had made Richard feel mildly put out?
5. What was Sal insinuating that Richard should do in regards to Karl?
6. Who argued on behalf of the rafters and what was the outcome? Why didn't Richard prevent this outcome?
7. What is killing Christo, and how could it have been prevented? Why can't Etienne find out about it?
8. What lie did Richard tell to Christo?
9. How was Richard making Sal's life difficult?
10. How did Bugs manage to make the opposition feel like dissenters?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Attempt to explain Sal's lying for Richard. What might she have hoped to gain in her lie? What is revealed about her in the following chapters, Karl runs away? How might this tie into Sal covering for Richard?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Richards more gory fantasies that occur throughout the book. What is this fascination with the violence in his own mind indicative of? Explain if this makes Richard a threat or an ally.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Sal's descent from leader to dictator. Was it likely that the rest of the camp understood or noticed the change in Sal? How or why not? Hypothesize on whether or not this had an impact on the commune's downfall.
This section contains 999 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)