|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Richard's record?
2. What did the French guy like?
3. What made the girl a poor sight?
4. Who was going on the rice run?
5. In "Schindler's List", what color was the little girls coat?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did all the people that were taken to the beach have in common? Who was the odd person out?
2. What was the cue for Richard to call it a night?
3. What did Richard realize that he would have to do when he came to the cliffs and the waterfall? What did he imagine when he had looked at the waterfall and the pool beneath?
4. What had been Richards primary goal when he had started traveling? What were his goals, specifically?
5. What did Etienne notice about the dope that they had found on the island?
6. Why did Richard keep an open mind when it came to Jed?
7. What gave the illusion of a confined personal area, and how was the effect spoiled?
8. How was it that Sal was the leader?
9. What made the map intricate?
10. Why did it surprise Richard that he had volunteered to go for the Rice Run?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discern a reason why Richard suddenly seemed to have a lack of interest in Francoise towards the end of the novel. Compare the amount of time Richard chooses to reflect upon Francoise and think about her towards the end of the novel. How might this be considered a precursor for his own downfall?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Sal's descent from leader to dictator. Was it likely that the rest of the camp understood or noticed the change in Sal? How or why not? Hypothesize on whether or not this had an impact on the commune's downfall.
Essay Topic 3
Attempt to explain the camps swarming and subsequent mutilation of the bodies of the rafters. Try and provide some explanations for this bizarre and frightening behavior. How does this mark the complete and utter dissolution of the camps' social structure?
This section contains 970 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)