|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the french male?
2. What name was on the tree?
3. What kind of dress was the transvestite wearing?
4. What color was the watermark strip when it dipped below the ocean?
5. What is Richard's favorite thing?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Richard feel when he had touched the walls in the room?
2. What was the purpose of the lashed together branches?
3. Why didn't Richard stay where he was in the tidal cave?
4. What is killing Christo, and how could it have been prevented? Why can't Etienne find out about it?
5. How did Richard feel about his parting from the two Americans the last time?
6. Why did Richard and Keaty spike the stew and what was the result of this tampering?
7. What drew the sharks attention, and how did Richard spear it?
8. What were the two ways that Richard could get to the garden? Which route did Richard take and why?
9. Why did Richard keep an open mind when it came to Jed?
10. Zeph and Sammy made several mistakes on their way to the commune. What were they? What was the biggest mistake the rafting group made?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss whether or not paradise is truly possible. What human flaws make paradise an almost impossible endeavor? Do you think it is possible for people to learn to work together indefinitely? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Sal's descent from leader to dictator. Was it likely that the rest of the camp understood or noticed the change in Sal? How or why not? Hypothesize on whether or not this had an impact on the commune's downfall.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Sal and Daffy's relationship. What evidence is there to suggest that there was more than just friendship on their minds? Has this evidence left the reader to suspect that they may have been romantically linked? If not, is there evidence to suggest that either Sal or Daffy wanted to be more than just friends? Explain.
This section contains 1,737 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)