Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the french male?
2. What name was on the tree?
3. What kind of dress was the transvestite wearing?
4. What color was the watermark strip when it dipped below the ocean?
5. What is Richard's favorite thing?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Richard feel when he had touched the walls in the room?
2. What was the purpose of the lashed together branches?
3. Why didn't Richard stay where he was in the tidal cave?
4. What is killing Christo, and how could it have been prevented? Why can't Etienne find out about it?
5. How did Richard feel about his parting from the two Americans the last time?
6. Why did Richard and Keaty spike the stew and what was the result of this tampering?
7. What drew the sharks attention, and how did Richard spear it?
8. What were the two ways that Richard could get to the garden? Which route did Richard take and why?
9. Why did Richard keep an open mind when it came to Jed?
10. Zeph and Sammy made several mistakes on their way to the commune. What were they? What was the biggest mistake the rafting group made?
Discuss Sal and Daffy's relationship. What evidence is there to suggest that there was more than just friendship on their minds? Has this evidence left the reader to suspect that they may have been romantically linked? If not, is there evidence to suggest that either Sal or Daffy wanted to be more than just friends? Explain.
Discuss why it was impossible for the rafters to negotiate their release. What were the main reasons for the dope guards killing the rafters? What did they fear would occur? Was this a logical fear or paranoia? How does the reader know?
Discuss Richard's character. What do his actions reveal about him? What psychological terms apply to Richard and his regard of human life and his actions? What other characters with this same psychological condition likely shared these traits with Richard and why?
This section contains 985 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)