|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why wasn't Richard to tell Sal and Bugs about the map and the Yanks?
2. What did Keaty have the worst time?
3. What did Richard buy?
4. In "Schindler's List", what color was the little girls coat?
5. What kind of competition had Richard and Etienne had?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Francoise know about Richard's kiss? What did she thank him for?
2. What were the two ways that Richard could get to the garden? Which route did Richard take and why?
3. How did it happen that Keaty speared a dead squid?
4. What had made Richard feel mildly put out?
5. What did Richard realize that he would have to do when he came to the cliffs and the waterfall? What did he imagine when he had looked at the waterfall and the pool beneath?
6. What had guaranteed that Richard would get batteries, and how had it come to pass?
7. What was pissing Sal off and why was Richard doing it?
8. What conveyed a sense or normalcy to Richard when he had woken up?
9. What plan was made in regards to Zeph and Sammy?
10. How did Richard feel when he had touched the walls in the room?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the shark attack. In what manner was it the start of the downfall of paradise on the beach? How did it change things for the residents of the beach, and how were things never again the same afterward?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Sal and Daffy's relationship. What evidence is there to suggest that there was more than just friendship on their minds? Has this evidence left the reader to suspect that they may have been romantically linked? If not, is there evidence to suggest that either Sal or Daffy wanted to be more than just friends? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Explore Richards resentment of Bugs. What kinds of things specifically did Richard really have a problem with in regards to Bugs and his presence? Were these things intentionally done by Bugs, or were they the result of an unintentional affront? Explain your answer.
This section contains 1,710 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)