Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the french male?
2. What name was on the tree?
3. What kind of dress was the transvestite wearing?
4. What color was the watermark strip when it dipped below the ocean?
5. What is Richard's favorite thing?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Richard feel when he had touched the walls in the room?
2. What was the purpose of the lashed together branches?
3. Why didn't Richard stay where he was in the tidal cave?
4. What is killing Christo, and how could it have been prevented? Why can't Etienne find out about it?
5. How did Richard feel about his parting from the two Americans the last time?
6. Why did Richard and Keaty spike the stew and what was the result of this tampering?
7. What drew the sharks attention, and how did Richard spear it?
8. What were the two ways that Richard could get to the garden? Which route did Richard take and why?
9. Why did Richard keep an open mind when it came to Jed?
10. Zeph and Sammy made several mistakes on their way to the commune. What were they? What was the biggest mistake the rafting group made?
Discuss Daffy's comment about 'living with Cancer". What do you think that comment was directed at, and why? What would Daffy consider to be cancer? How was he released from living with Cancer? Explain your answer.
Discuss the camp's reaction to Richard 'doing things' for Sal. How did people go out of their way to be nice to him and friendly with him? What likely prompted this sudden interest in Richard? What perspective does the reader take of Richard's association with Sal?
Discuss Richards more gory fantasies that occur throughout the book. What is this fascination with the violence in his own mind indicative of? Explain if this makes Richard a threat or an ally.
This section contains 961 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)