|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Etienne apologize for?
(a) Not being a better friend to Richard.
(b) All of these.
(c) For disputing him in regards to Karl.
(d) His reaction to Richard kissing Francoise.
2. What film did Daffy and Richard talk about?
(a) Star Wars.
(b) Die Hard.
(c) From Russia with Love.
(d) Star Trek.
3. Why might Keaty be in trouble?
(a) Both of these.
(b) He had poisoned the camp.
(c) It was his fault the boat was taken.
(d) Neither of these.
4. How many days had the people been on the neighboring island?
(a) One day.
(b) Four days.
(c) Three days.
(d) Two days.
5. What did the group hear?
(a) Both of these.
(b) People coming.
(c) Neither of these,
(d) An animal in the bushes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word did the group manage to get out of the Swede that returned?
2. Why was Richard's travel diary a mistake?
3. What did Keaty want Richard to do when he had gotten back to the beach?
4. Which of these statements are false?
5. How many air pockets did the two men encounter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Richard find himself thinking about for the first time since his arrival on the beach?
2. How did Francoise know about Richard's kiss? What did she thank him for?
3. What had made Richard feel mildly put out?
4. Why did Richard and Keaty spike the stew and what was the result of this tampering?
5. Who argued on behalf of the rafters and what was the outcome? Why didn't Richard prevent this outcome?
6. How was Richard making Sal's life difficult?
7. What was pissing Sal off and why was Richard doing it?
8. What was the analogy Richard had made about the Gulf War?
9. What things did Richard note in the asides about of the Swedes?
10. What was irritating in regards to Bug's competitive streak?
This section contains 933 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)