|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is it that Sal likes Richard?
(a) He reminds her of her brother.
(b) None of these.
(c) He reminds her of Daffy.
(d) He reminds her of herself.
2. How did Jed and Keaty know they had stayed at the same guest house on the same night?
(a) They remember exactly what days they had been on their travels.
(b) They both had to evacuate due to a fire it turned out Keaty had started.
(c) All of these.
(d) They described the same characters sitting outside.
3. Where did Richard tell Christo Karl was?
(a) Dead and buried.
(b) Beside him.
(d) Gone, left the island.
4. What does Sal ask Richard to do?
(a) Get Jed.
(b) Kill Christo.
(c) Kill Karl.
(d) Kill Keaty.
5. What had happened to all the people?
(a) They had been murdered.
(b) They had been abducted.
(c) They had vanished.
(d) They had been victims of food poisoning.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why didn't Jed talk about his detail?
2. How many air pockets did the two men encounter?
3. What do Richard and Francoise discuss?
4. Which monkey first approached Richard?
5. What kind of fruit did Richard find in a grove?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Richard making Sal's life difficult?
2. What did Richard find himself thinking about for the first time since his arrival on the beach?
3. What was irritating in regards to Bug's competitive streak?
4. What had made Keaty feel really bad about the squid giving people food poisoning?
5. Who was reanimated by Richard and how?
6. Who argued on behalf of the rafters and what was the outcome? Why didn't Richard prevent this outcome?
7. How did Richard become comfortable regarding Mr. Duck's presence in the daylight?
8. What was pissing Sal off and why was Richard doing it?
9. What did Bugs do to the corpse of Sammy and what was Richards' explanation for his behavior?
10. What was the analogy Richard had made about the Gulf War?
This section contains 975 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)