|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Daffy compare living with Sal and Bugs to?
(a) Having to donate marrow.
(b) Living with cancer.
(c) Having to go through leukemia.
(d) Living with disease.
2. What game did Keaty slip into the game boy?
(a) Astro Boy.
(d) Mario Kart.
3. How long after the dissolution of the beach commune was the epilogue?
(a) One year.
(b) Thirteen months.
(c) Seventeen months.
(d) Two years.
4. How had it happened?
(a) A riptide had come in and carried the people out to sea.
(b) The dope gaurds came after them.
(c) Keaty had speared a squid that was already dead.
(d) Jealous people came and took over the island.
5. Where was Christo's injury?
(a) His chest,
(b) His neck.
(c) His legs.
(d) His hands.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color was the male German's backpack?
2. Which monkey first approached Richard?
3. Why wouldn't Richard ask Gregorio about the division he felt between the camp and Sal and Bugs?
4. What had the people on the other island done?
5. What was the reason for the cheering?
Short Essay Questions
1. Zeph and Sammy made several mistakes on their way to the commune. What were they? What was the biggest mistake the rafting group made?
2. Who argued on behalf of the rafters and what was the outcome? Why didn't Richard prevent this outcome?
3. What was irritating in regards to Bug's competitive streak?
4. What did the camp do in response to Bugs' actions? What did they attempt to do to Richard?
5. What had Bugs done that made Richard mad?
6. What did Richard find himself thinking about for the first time since his arrival on the beach?
7. What had made Richard feel mildly put out?
8. How was Richard making Sal's life difficult?
9. How did Francoise know about Richard's kiss? What did she thank him for?
10. What did Bugs do to the corpse of Sammy and what was Richards' explanation for his behavior?
This section contains 1,000 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)