|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Etienne apologize for?
(a) His reaction to Richard kissing Francoise.
(b) Not being a better friend to Richard.
(c) All of these.
(d) For disputing him in regards to Karl.
2. Why didn't people use last names on the beach?
(a) Both of these.
(b) It was a connection to the real world.
(c) Neither of these.
(d) They had forgotten their last names.
3. Who did Richard want to leave with?
(a) Francoise and Etienne.
(b) All of these.
4. Which monkey first approached Richard?
(a) A mother monkey.
(b) A young monkey.
(c) An alpha male monkey.
(d) A baby monkey.
5. What image did Daffy come to Richard in?
(a) That of a pimple-faced teenager.
(b) That of a young adult, before he found the beach.
(c) That of an infant.
(d) That of a chubby little boy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days had the people been on the neighboring island?
2. Why didn't Jed talk about his detail?
3. What did monkey taste like?
4. Who stood up for the rafters?
5. What was the last thing Richard said to Christo?
Short Essay Questions
1. What lie did Richard tell to Christo?
2. Who was reanimated by Richard and how?
3. What did Richard find himself thinking about for the first time since his arrival on the beach?
4. What things did Richard note in the asides about of the Swedes?
5. Who argued on behalf of the rafters and what was the outcome? Why didn't Richard prevent this outcome?
6. What was the analogy Richard had made about the Gulf War?
7. What had made Keaty feel really bad about the squid giving people food poisoning?
8. What was the pool a substitute for?
9. What wrong move did Richard make, according to Etienne?
10. What was Sal insinuating that Richard should do in regards to Karl?
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)