|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the size of the stones?
(d) Tennis ball.
2. What kind of tattoo did Francoise have on her wrist?
(a) A dolphin tattoo.
(b) A star tattoo.
(c) A heart tattoo.
(d) A fish tattoo.
3. What three letter term is repeated throughout the section "Getting There"?
4. What pharmacy had the pills come from?
(a) Koh Phangan.
(c) Koh Samui.
(d) Surat Thani.
5. What color was the watermark strip when it dipped below the ocean?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the lights of Koh Samui glow like?
2. How big was the lizard?
3. Under normal circumstances, how did guests find the beach?
4. Why wasn't Richard to tell Sal and Bugs about the map and the Yanks?
5. What was left behind?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Richard realize that he would have to do when he came to the cliffs and the waterfall? What did he imagine when he had looked at the waterfall and the pool beneath?
2. How was it that Sal was the leader?
3. What was different between the beach and the world and how did it make Richard feel?
4. Why did Richard feel as though he was governed by someone else in retrospect?
5. Why did Richard keep an open mind when it came to Jed?
6. What had the Filipino guy that Richard had met taught him about jellyfish?
7. What had made Jed's day bad?
8. Why did Richard consider himself pretty lucky?
9. What was the problem with the rucksacks and how was it solved?
10. What did all the people that were taken to the beach have in common? Who was the odd person out?
This section contains 974 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)