|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. There wasn't any point to going to the corals without what?
(a) Greg's mask.
(c) Sal's mask.
(d) Bug's mask.
2. Who chose the chicken noodles?
(b) Neither of these.
(d) Both of these.
3. What labels did Richard put on a map?
(a) Koh Samui.
(b) All of these.
(d) Koh Angthong
4. What was the person's name that Richard met first?
5. What did Richard just accept about the Beach?
(a) Neither of these things.
(b) Both of these things.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Richard's record?
2. What muffled the sound of Richard's voice?
3. What name had been written into the police man's notebook?
4. Who did Richard share a cigarette with?
5. Where had Mr. Duck been sprinting?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was different between the beach and the world and how did it make Richard feel?
2. What did Etienne notice about the dope that they had found on the island?
3. What had been Richards primary goal when he had started traveling? What were his goals, specifically?
4. What were the two ways that Richard could get to the garden? Which route did Richard take and why?
5. Why did Richard keep an open mind when it came to Jed?
6. What had the Filipino guy that Richard had met taught him about jellyfish?
7. What was the purpose of the lashed together branches?
8. What did Richard realize that he would have to do when he came to the cliffs and the waterfall? What did he imagine when he had looked at the waterfall and the pool beneath?
9. What conveyed a sense or normalcy to Richard when he had woken up?
10. What did all the people that were taken to the beach have in common? Who was the odd person out?
This section contains 956 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)