|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color or shade did the sand become the further the group had swum?
(a) More golden.
(c) More yellow.
2. How many caves led into the seaward cliffs?
3. What was the size of the stones?
(b) Tennis ball.
4. Under normal circumstances, how did guests find the beach?
(a) Under invitation.
(b) Neither of these.
(c) Under supervision.
(d) Both of these.
5. What kind of salad did Richard order?
(a) A Fig salad.
(b) A mango salad.
(c) A Caesar salad.
(d) A Greek salad.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why didn't Richard ask Jed what to do about the body?
2. What soft drink did Richard get?
3. What pharmacy had the pills come from?
4. What hadn't Jed done with the boat?
5. What three letter term is repeated throughout the section "Getting There"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What explanation did Richard offer for the shape of the island on which the Beach was located?
2. Why did it surprise Richard that he had volunteered to go for the Rice Run?
3. Why had Richard initially begun traveling?
4. What had been Richards primary goal when he had started traveling? What were his goals, specifically?
5. Why had things become awkward between Richard and the French couple?
6. Why did Richard keep an open mind when it came to Jed?
7. What was the purpose of the lashed together branches?
8. What was the problem with the rucksacks and how was it solved?
9. What gave the illusion of a confined personal area, and how was the effect spoiled?
10. Why did Richard's reflection come as quite a shock?
This section contains 900 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)