|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the most widely understood word in the world?
2. What did Richard just accept about the Beach?
(c) Neither of these things.
(d) Both of these things.
3. Why was Mr. Duck upset?
(a) The embassy wasn't going to cover the cost of shipping his body to Glasgow.
(b) He would rather his ashes be spread in the South China Sea then sent to Glasgow.
(c) His parent's weren't going to claim his body.
(d) All of these.
4. Who was in Richard's dream?
(c) Mr. Duck.
(d) His mother.
5. Where had Mr. Duck been sprinting?
(a) Across Hyde Park.
(b) Across an Embassy lawn.
(c) In front of Buckingham Palace.
(d) Across the White House lawn.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people have Walkmans in the camp?
2. What animal did Etienne encounter?
3. Why did Richard tug at the back of his shirt?
4. How much money did the group end up saving due to Etienne's bargaining?
5. What was the dimensions of the boat?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why had things become awkward between Richard and the French couple?
2. Why couldn't tourists visit the national parks?
3. What explanation did Richard offer for the shape of the island on which the Beach was located?
4. Why had Richard initially begun traveling?
5. What did all the people that were taken to the beach have in common? Who was the odd person out?
6. What had the Filipino guy that Richard had met taught him about jellyfish?
7. What was the cue for Richard to call it a night?
8. What was different between the beach and the world and how did it make Richard feel?
9. What made the map intricate?
10. How did Richard feel when he had touched the walls in the room?
This section contains 970 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)