|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was their rendezvous?
(a) Three hours time.
(b) Four hours time.
(c) Two hours time.
(d) An hours time.
2. What kind of dress was the transvestite wearing?
(a) A silver lame dress.
(b) A gold lame dress.
(c) A silver sequined dress.
(d) A gold sequined dress.
3. What did Richard plan to share with Etienne and Keaty?
(a) Boiled sweets.
(c) None of these.
(d) Razor blades.
4. Why did Mr. Duck attempt to get his wounds closed up?
(a) So he could roll a joint.
(b) So he could shake Richard's hand.
(c) So he could look presentable.
(d) So he could return to the beach.
5. What name was on the tree?
(a) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. What labels did Richard put on a map?
2. What kind of salad did Richard order?
3. What animal did Etienne encounter?
4. What color was the watermark strip when it dipped below the ocean?
5. How far would the main character have traveled if it was only him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the purpose of the lashed together branches?
2. What conveyed a sense or normalcy to Richard when he had woken up?
3. Why did Richard feel as though he was governed by someone else in retrospect?
4. What explanation did Richard offer for the shape of the island on which the Beach was located?
5. How did Richard feel when he had touched the walls in the room?
6. What had been Richards primary goal when he had started traveling? What were his goals, specifically?
7. How did Richard feel about his parting from the two Americans the last time?
8. Why couldn't tourists visit the national parks?
9. Why had Richard initially begun traveling?
10. How was it that Sal was the leader?
This section contains 875 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)