|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was charming about Etienne's response?
(a) That he had actually responded to their joke.
(b) All of these.
(c) That he was honest, when the two Americans had been playing a joke.
(d) That he had been so innocent.
2. What didn't Richard buy?
(b) Boiled sweets.
3. What is Richard's favorite thing?
(a) The beach.
(b) The split second before the game announces "game over".
(c) Making friends.
4. What did Richard plan to share with Etienne and Keaty?
(a) Boiled sweets.
(b) None of these.
(d) Razor blades.
5. There wasn't any point to going to the corals without what?
(a) Greg's mask.
(c) Bug's mask.
(d) Sal's mask.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what time would the camp be empty?
2. Where did the ritual originate from?
3. What did this person toss to the main character?
4. Why did Mr. Duck attempt to get his wounds closed up?
5. What did Daffy call the first day they had arrived on the Beach?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Richard feel as though he was governed by someone else in retrospect?
2. What gave the illusion of a confined personal area, and how was the effect spoiled?
3. What made the map intricate?
4. Why did Richard consider himself pretty lucky?
5. What game did the three people play as they swum out to sea? How did Richard feel about the game?
6. How did Richard feel about his parting from the two Americans the last time?
7. Why had Richard initially begun traveling?
8. What had been Richards primary goal when he had started traveling? What were his goals, specifically?
9. What did all the people that were taken to the beach have in common? Who was the odd person out?
10. What had guaranteed that Richard would get batteries, and how had it come to pass?
This section contains 971 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)