|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color was the watermark strip when it dipped below the ocean?
2. What theme song did Mr. Duck sing?
(a) The theme of the BBC news.
(b) The theme from Fawlty Towers.
(c) The M*A*S*H theme.
(d) The theme from the Tonight Show.
3. How many people have Walkmans in the camp?
4. How far would the main character have traveled if it was only him?
(a) The strip joints in Panpong.
(b) The malls in Ginwon.
(c) The strip joints in Pinpong.
(d) The strip joints in Patpong.
5. What kind of competition had Richard and Etienne had?
(a) A fishing contest.
(b) A swimming race.
(c) A diving contest.
(d) A swimming contest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the names of the people that Richard met?
2. What element led the main character to fantasize that his bed was a space ship?
3. What kind of dress was the transvestite wearing?
4. What was the name of the french male?
5. What is the guy's record with Tetris?
Short Essay Questions
1. What made the map intricate?
2. What gave the illusion of a confined personal area, and how was the effect spoiled?
3. How did Richard feel about his parting from the two Americans the last time?
4. What did Francoise and Etienne fear when they had seen Richard chatting with the Americans? Why was this?
5. What had the Filipino guy that Richard had met taught him about jellyfish?
6. What conveyed a sense or normalcy to Richard when he had woken up?
7. What did all the people that were taken to the beach have in common? Who was the odd person out?
8. What had been Richards primary goal when he had started traveling? What were his goals, specifically?
9. Why did Richard's reflection come as quite a shock?
10. What was the cue for Richard to call it a night?
This section contains 955 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)