|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What element led the main character to fantasize that his bed was a space ship?
(a) The rocking of the train car.
(b) The little red light.
(c) The rushing sound of the train's engine.
(d) The clever little compartments.
2. What theme song did Mr. Duck sing?
(a) The M*A*S*H theme.
(b) The theme of the BBC news.
(c) The theme from the Tonight Show.
(d) The theme from Fawlty Towers.
3. What was the nickname of the head cook?
4. Why didn't Richard ask Jed what to do about the body?
(a) He knew that Jed wouldn't help.
(b) He knew that Jed wouldn't care and would do nothing.
(c) He knew that Jed would betray him to Sal.
(d) He knew that Jed would betray him to Francoise.
5. Why did Mr. Duck attempt to get his wounds closed up?
(a) So he could shake Richard's hand.
(b) So he could roll a joint.
(c) So he could return to the beach.
(d) So he could look presentable.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who loves to take missions?
2. What was the person's name that Richard met first?
3. Why was Bugs respected?
4. What animal did Etienne encounter?
5. What kind of vehicle did the group take from the Koh Samui port?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the cue for Richard to call it a night?
2. Why did Richard feel as though he was governed by someone else in retrospect?
3. What was Sal insinuating that Richard should do in regards to Karl?
4. What did the camp do in response to Bugs' actions? What did they attempt to do to Richard?
5. What had guaranteed that Richard would get batteries, and how had it come to pass?
6. What had made Jed's day bad?
7. What was irritating in regards to Bug's competitive streak?
8. What had Bugs done that made Richard mad?
9. How was Richard making Sal's life difficult?
10. How did it happen that Keaty speared a dead squid?
This section contains 938 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)