|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal did Etienne encounter?
2. What was charming about Etienne's response?
(a) That he had been so innocent.
(b) That he had actually responded to their joke.
(c) All of these.
(d) That he was honest, when the two Americans had been playing a joke.
3. What soft drink did Richard get?
(b) Seven Up.
(c) Ginger ale.
4. What three letter term is repeated throughout the section "Getting There"?
5. What was the size of the stones?
(d) Tennis ball.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Richard share a cigarette with?
2. What year was this character in Vietnam?
3. Why was Bugs respected?
4. What is Leo's last words before Game Over?
5. What was left behind?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the cue for Richard to call it a night?
2. Why did Richard's reflection come as quite a shock?
3. What did Richard realize that he would have to do when he came to the cliffs and the waterfall? What did he imagine when he had looked at the waterfall and the pool beneath?
4. How did Richard feel when he had touched the walls in the room?
5. What did Francoise and Etienne fear when they had seen Richard chatting with the Americans? Why was this?
6. What conveyed a sense or normalcy to Richard when he had woken up?
7. What game did the three people play as they swum out to sea? How did Richard feel about the game?
8. Why did Richard feel as though he was governed by someone else in retrospect?
9. Why did Richard keep an open mind when it came to Jed?
10. Why had things become awkward between Richard and the French couple?
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)