|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of vehicle did the group take from the Koh Samui port?
(a) A Ford.
(b) A Honda.
(c) A Jeep.
(d) A motorboat.
2. At what time would the camp be empty?
(a) Eight thirty.
(c) Nine thirty.
3. What animal did Etienne encounter?
4. How much money did the group end up saving due to Etienne's bargaining?
(a) 250 baht.
(b) 450 baht.
(c) 500 baht.
(d) 350 baht.
5. How big was the lizard?
(a) Four inches long.
(b) Three and a half inches long.
(c) About three inches long.
(d) About two inches long.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the main character order for breakfast.
2. What muffled the sound of Richard's voice?
3. Why wasn't Richard to tell Sal and Bugs about the map and the Yanks?
4. What was the person's name that Richard met first?
5. What had been left on the main character's door?
Short Essay Questions
1. What made the map intricate?
2. What did Etienne notice about the dope that they had found on the island?
3. Why couldn't tourists visit the national parks?
4. What were the two ways that Richard could get to the garden? Which route did Richard take and why?
5. What was the problem with the rucksacks and how was it solved?
6. What did Francoise and Etienne fear when they had seen Richard chatting with the Americans? Why was this?
7. What explanation did Richard offer for the shape of the island on which the Beach was located?
8. How was it that Sal was the leader?
9. Why did Richard feel as though he was governed by someone else in retrospect?
10. Why did Richard consider himself pretty lucky?
This section contains 898 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)