|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the first thing that Richard did when he got into his hut?
(a) Had a shower.
(b) Examined his face.
(c) Went to the bathroom.
(d) Changed his clothes.
2. What pharmacy had the pills come from?
(a) Koh Phangan.
(b) Koh Samui.
(d) Surat Thani.
3. What did Daffy call the first day they had arrived on the Beach?
(a) Year Zero.
(b) Year One.
(c) All of these.
(d) The Dawning.
4. What was the dimensions of the boat?
(a) It was twenty feet long and four feet wide.
(b) It was fifteen feet long and five feet wide.
(c) It was fifteen feet long and five feet wide.
(d) It was ten feet long and four feet wide.
5. What joke were the two people playing on Richard?
(a) They were cops.
(b) They had laced the weed they had given to Richard.
(c) They weren't actually interested in them.
(d) They weren't as dumb as they represented themselves to be.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of salad did Richard order?
2. How big was the lizard?
3. How many caves led into the seaward cliffs?
4. What year was this character in Vietnam?
5. What was Richard asked if he wanted?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Francoise and Etienne fear when they had seen Richard chatting with the Americans? Why was this?
2. What had been Richards primary goal when he had started traveling? What were his goals, specifically?
3. What had the Filipino guy that Richard had met taught him about jellyfish?
4. What was the purpose of the lashed together branches?
5. What were the two ways that Richard could get to the garden? Which route did Richard take and why?
6. Why did Richard consider himself pretty lucky?
7. What had guaranteed that Richard would get batteries, and how had it come to pass?
8. What game did the three people play as they swum out to sea? How did Richard feel about the game?
9. What did Etienne notice about the dope that they had found on the island?
10. What made the map intricate?
This section contains 1,030 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)