|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the guy's record with Tetris?
2. What was Richard asked if he wanted?
(b) A drink.
(d) A banana pancake.
3. What hadn't Jed done with the boat?
(a) He hadn't done either of these.
(b) Hauled the engine into the water.
(c) Flicked the switch from the off to the on position.
(d) I don't know.
4. What was Richard's last purchase?
(b) A pair of shorts.
(c) A t-shirt.
(d) A package of boiled sweets.
5. What muffled the sound of Richard's voice?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Schindler's List", what color was the little girls coat?
2. Why was Bugs respected?
3. There wasn't any point to going to the corals without what?
4. Who did Richard share a cigarette with?
5. How far would the main character have traveled if it was only him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the cue for Richard to call it a night?
2. What was the problem with the rucksacks and how was it solved?
3. What had the Filipino guy that Richard had met taught him about jellyfish?
4. What conveyed a sense or normalcy to Richard when he had woken up?
5. How did Richard feel about his parting from the two Americans the last time?
6. What had made Jed's day bad?
7. Why did Richard keep an open mind when it came to Jed?
8. Why didn't Richard stay where he was in the tidal cave?
9. What explanation did Richard offer for the shape of the island on which the Beach was located?
10. What had been Richards primary goal when he had started traveling? What were his goals, specifically?
This section contains 929 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)