|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where hadn't Keaty traveled to?
2. What is Richard's record?
3. What was the person's name that Richard met first?
4. What is the most widely understood word in the world?
5. What did Richard buy?
(a) A mango salad.
(b) A hundred cigarettes.
(c) Two hundred cigarettes.
(d) Three hundred cigarettes.
Short Answer Questions
1. There wasn't any point to going to the corals without what?
2. What was the size of the stones?
3. What was left behind?
4. What was the dimensions of the boat?
5. What kind of salad did Richard order?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Richard consider himself pretty lucky?
2. What was different between the beach and the world and how did it make Richard feel?
3. What were the two ways that Richard could get to the garden? Which route did Richard take and why?
4. What game did the three people play as they swum out to sea? How did Richard feel about the game?
5. How did Richard feel about his parting from the two Americans the last time?
6. What explanation did Richard offer for the shape of the island on which the Beach was located?
7. What had guaranteed that Richard would get batteries, and how had it come to pass?
8. What had the Filipino guy that Richard had met taught him about jellyfish?
9. What had made Jed's day bad?
10. Why had Richard initially begun traveling?
This section contains 946 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)