|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why didn't Richard ask Jed what to do about the body?
(a) He knew that Jed wouldn't care and would do nothing.
(b) He knew that Jed would betray him to Sal.
(c) He knew that Jed would betray him to Francoise.
(d) He knew that Jed wouldn't help.
2. Who chose the chicken noodles?
(c) Both of these.
(d) Neither of these.
3. Where did Richard explain for the two Americans to wait for him?
(a) Koh Angthong.
(b) Koh Samui.
(d) Koh Angthong.
4. What did the lights of Koh Samui glow like?
(a) Glow stars.
(b) A city.
(d) All of these.
5. What is the most widely understood word in the world?
Short Answer Questions
1. What hadn't Jed done with the boat?
2. What three letter term is repeated throughout the section "Getting There"?
3. What was the person's name that Richard met first?
4. Why did Keaty speak fast to Jean?
5. How far would the main character have traveled if it was only him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why had Richard initially begun traveling?
2. What did Richard realize that he would have to do when he came to the cliffs and the waterfall? What did he imagine when he had looked at the waterfall and the pool beneath?
3. Why didn't Richard stay where he was in the tidal cave?
4. What was the cue for Richard to call it a night?
5. Why did it surprise Richard that he had volunteered to go for the Rice Run?
6. What conveyed a sense or normalcy to Richard when he had woken up?
7. What gave the illusion of a confined personal area, and how was the effect spoiled?
8. What had the Filipino guy that Richard had met taught him about jellyfish?
9. How did Richard feel about his parting from the two Americans the last time?
10. What had made Jed's day bad?
This section contains 974 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)