|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what time would the camp be empty?
(b) Nine thirty.
(d) Eight thirty.
2. What kind of vehicle did the group take from the Koh Samui port?
(a) A Ford.
(b) A Jeep.
(c) A Honda.
(d) A motorboat.
3. What labels did Richard put on a map?
(b) Koh Angthong
(c) Koh Samui.
(d) All of these.
4. What three letter term is repeated throughout the section "Getting There"?
5. What were the names of the people that Richard met?
(a) Sean and Zack.
(b) Zeph and Sammy.
(c) Sam and Zeph.
(d) Zack and Sammy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had been left on the main character's door?
2. What was the dimensions of the boat?
3. Who did Richard share a cigarette with?
4. What did Richard fantasize his bed on the train was?
5. How many caves led into the seaward cliffs?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Etienne notice about the dope that they had found on the island?
2. Why did Richard's reflection come as quite a shock?
3. What was the problem with the rucksacks and how was it solved?
4. What did Francoise and Etienne fear when they had seen Richard chatting with the Americans? Why was this?
5. What had guaranteed that Richard would get batteries, and how had it come to pass?
6. What made the map intricate?
7. What explanation did Richard offer for the shape of the island on which the Beach was located?
8. Why didn't Richard stay where he was in the tidal cave?
9. How was it that Sal was the leader?
10. What were the two ways that Richard could get to the garden? Which route did Richard take and why?
This section contains 937 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)