|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What joke were the two people playing on Richard?
(a) They were cops.
(b) They weren't actually interested in them.
(c) They had laced the weed they had given to Richard.
(d) They weren't as dumb as they represented themselves to be.
2. What hadn't Jed done with the boat?
(a) Hauled the engine into the water.
(b) I don't know.
(c) Flicked the switch from the off to the on position.
(d) He hadn't done either of these.
3. What is Richard's record?
4. How big was the lizard?
(a) Three and a half inches long.
(b) About three inches long.
(c) About two inches long.
(d) Four inches long.
5. What muffled the sound of Richard's voice?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the lights of Koh Samui glow like?
2. What was the person's name that Richard met first?
3. What were the names of the people that Richard met?
4. What did the main character order for breakfast.
5. What name had been written into the police man's notebook?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Richard feel about his parting from the two Americans the last time?
2. What had made Jed's day bad?
3. What made the map intricate?
4. What was the purpose of the lashed together branches?
5. What conveyed a sense or normalcy to Richard when he had woken up?
6. Why did Richard keep an open mind when it came to Jed?
7. What gave the illusion of a confined personal area, and how was the effect spoiled?
8. What game did the three people play as they swum out to sea? How did Richard feel about the game?
9. Why had Richard initially begun traveling?
10. What was the problem with the rucksacks and how was it solved?
This section contains 919 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)