|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the most widely understood word in the world?
2. What was the name of the soap that Richard was going to give to Unhygenix?
3. What did the main character order for breakfast.
(a) Banana pancakes.
(b) A Sprite.
(c) Neither of these.
(d) Both of these.
4. How many caves led into the seaward cliffs?
5. How far would the main character have traveled if it was only him?
(a) The strip joints in Panpong.
(b) The strip joints in Patpong.
(c) The strip joints in Pinpong.
(d) The malls in Ginwon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color or shade did the sand become the further the group had swum?
2. Where hadn't Keaty traveled to?
3. What was left behind?
4. What kind of dress was the transvestite wearing?
5. What kind of vehicle did the group take from the Koh Samui port?
Short Essay Questions
1. What made the map intricate?
2. What was the cue for Richard to call it a night?
3. Why couldn't tourists visit the national parks?
4. Why did Richard keep an open mind when it came to Jed?
5. What game did the three people play as they swum out to sea? How did Richard feel about the game?
6. What was different between the beach and the world and how did it make Richard feel?
7. What explanation did Richard offer for the shape of the island on which the Beach was located?
8. Why had things become awkward between Richard and the French couple?
9. Why didn't Richard stay where he was in the tidal cave?
10. What did Etienne notice about the dope that they had found on the island?
This section contains 913 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)