|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What biblical quote does Keaty utilize?
(a) Luke 6:38.
(b) Genesis 2:18.
(c) Leviticus 6:38.
(d) Mark 4:18.
2. How much money did the group end up saving due to Etienne's bargaining?
(a) 350 baht.
(b) 500 baht.
(c) 450 baht.
(d) 250 baht.
3. What did Richard just accept about the Beach?
(a) Both of these things.
(b) Neither of these things.
4. What did Keaty have the worst time?
5. What is Leo's last words before Game Over?
(a) I'm dead.
(b) I'm toast.
(c) Confound it!
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the lights of Koh Samui glow like?
2. What color or shade did the sand become the further the group had swum?
3. What was the name of the character in Vietnam?
4. What nationality did the main character guess the man was that spoke of the beach?
5. What kind of competition had Richard and Etienne had?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Etienne notice about the dope that they had found on the island?
2. Why did it surprise Richard that he had volunteered to go for the Rice Run?
3. Why did Richard feel as though he was governed by someone else in retrospect?
4. What explanation did Richard offer for the shape of the island on which the Beach was located?
5. What had the Filipino guy that Richard had met taught him about jellyfish?
6. Why had things become awkward between Richard and the French couple?
7. What was different between the beach and the world and how did it make Richard feel?
8. How did Richard feel about his parting from the two Americans the last time?
9. What game did the three people play as they swum out to sea? How did Richard feel about the game?
10. What was the purpose of the lashed together branches?
This section contains 904 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)