|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Bugs do to Sammy?
(a) Decapitated his corpse,
(b) Mutilated his corpse.
(c) Neither of these.
(d) Both of these.
2. What did Ol' Blue have to do to get out of the snare?
(a) Chew his arm.
(b) All of these.
(c) Struggle enough.
3. What did the group hear?
(a) An animal in the bushes.
(b) People coming.
(c) Both of these.
(d) Neither of these,
4. What did Daffy get punished a two-pence for?
(a) Not picking up after himself.
(c) All of these.
5. How did Richard fix Francoise and Etienne's drunkenness?
(a) He fed them lots of food.
(b) He put his finger down their throat and made them puke.
(c) He fed them lots of water.
(d) All of these.
6. Who had comments directed specifically at them?
(a) Neither of these.
(c) Both of these.
7. What was the reason for the cheering?
(a) Someone had brought fireworks back.
(b) Life was good.
(c) The Yugoslavian girls were slow dancing together.
(d) The Yugoslavian girls were kissing.
8. Why wouldn't Richard ask Gregorio about the division he felt between the camp and Sal and Bugs?
(a) He would get a hopelessly diplomatic answer.
(b) Both of these.
(c) He would get neither a positive nor negative response.
(d) Neither of these.
9. How do the people in the camp view Richard?
(a) As the secret police.
(b) With respect.
(c) With fear.
(d) With grudging admiration.
10. Which of these statements are false?
(a) Moshe liked Brazil the best.
(b) Sal liked a northern province of India.
(c) Unhygenix liked Kenya best.
(d) Francoise liked Indonesia.
11. How long after the dissolution of the beach commune was the epilogue?
(a) Seventeen months.
(b) Thirteen months.
(c) Two years.
(d) One year.
12. How many air pockets did the two men encounter?
(a) Five total.
(b) Three total.
(c) Two total.
(d) Four total.
13. What did Richard find himself thinking about since the first time he had arrived on the beach?
(a) His parents.
(c) His ex-girlfriend.
(d) His friends.
14. What had the people on the other island done?
(a) Gone from the beach.
(b) Built a raft.
(c) They had discovered the rucksacks.
(d) They were already landing on the island.
15. Where did Richard tell Christo Karl was?
(a) Dead and buried.
(b) Gone, left the island.
(c) Beside him.
Short Answer Questions
1. On which dive did Richard see the shark?
2. What did Daffy see as a kindness?
3. What was not one of the islands natural barriers?
4. Who had been busted with a pound of heroin?
5. How many days had the people been on the neighboring island?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)