|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Ol' Blue have to do to get out of the snare?
(a) Struggle enough.
(c) All of these.
(d) Chew his arm.
2. Which of the Swede's was still missing?
(a) None of the Swedes returned.
3. Where was Christo's injury?
(a) His hands.
(b) His neck.
(c) His chest,
(d) His legs.
4. Why didn't Jed talk about his detail?
(a) Nobody asked him.
(b) All of these.
(c) He wasn't allowed to discuss it.
(d) He was told not to.
5. Where did Richard tell Christo Karl was?
(a) Dead and buried.
(c) Gone, left the island.
(d) Beside him.
6. Who had been busted with a pound of heroin?
7. Why might Keaty be in trouble?
(a) It was his fault the boat was taken.
(b) Both of these.
(c) He had poisoned the camp.
(d) Neither of these.
8. What fantasy did Richard have?
(a) He beat up Bugs.
(b) He kissed Francoise.
(c) He became camp leader.
(d) He didn't fantasize.
9. How do the people in the camp view Richard?
(a) With respect.
(b) With grudging admiration.
(c) With fear.
(d) As the secret police.
10. Who did no one feel like talking to?
11. Who is Jed actually seeing when he sees Daffy?
12. In what detail was Richard going to be placed?
(a) He wasn't going to be changed at all.
(b) He was going to be placed in carpentry with Bugs.
(c) He was going to be put in gardening with Jean.
(d) He was going to be placed with Jed.
13. Why wouldn't Richard ask Gregorio about the division he felt between the camp and Sal and Bugs?
(a) Neither of these.
(b) He would get a hopelessly diplomatic answer.
(c) He would get neither a positive nor negative response.
(d) Both of these.
14. What stopped Etienne from speaking?
(a) Francoise walked away.
(b) All of these.
(c) Richard asked him to fight.
15. What had the people on the other island done?
(a) They were already landing on the island.
(b) They had discovered the rucksacks.
(c) Built a raft.
(d) Gone from the beach.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who had comments directed specifically at them?
2. Why didn't people use last names on the beach?
3. What was the general feeling when the group ran towards the surf?
4. Who's opinion in this matter does Sal ask?
5. What did Richard find himself thinking about since the first time he had arrived on the beach?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)