|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had happened to all the people?
(a) They had vanished.
(b) They had been murdered.
(c) They had been victims of food poisoning.
(d) They had been abducted.
2. How many air pockets did the two men encounter?
(a) Two total.
(b) Four total.
(c) Three total.
(d) Five total.
3. How do the people in the camp view Richard?
(a) With grudging admiration.
(b) With respect.
(c) As the secret police.
(d) With fear.
4. How many days had the people been on the neighboring island?
(a) Two days.
(b) One day.
(c) Three days.
(d) Four days.
5. Who else comes in to check on Jed and Christo?
6. Which of the Swede's was still missing?
(d) None of the Swedes returned.
7. What did Daffy want to talk about with Richard?
(a) Blowing things up.
(b) Neither of these
(c) Airfix models.
(d) Both of these.
8. What did Daffy see as a kindness?
(a) Richards reaction to the rafters getting shot.
(b) Richard hanging out with him.
9. Where was the mouse?
(a) What mouse?
(b) On the stair.
(c) Both of these.
(d) Right there.
10. Who did Richard want to leave with?
(a) Francoise and Etienne.
(c) All of these.
11. What had Francoise asked for?
(c) A bath.
(d) A cigarette.
12. Why did Richard peg open the tent?
(a) All of these.
(b) To allow Jed fresh air.
(c) To keep Jed from breathing too much dying air.
(d) To stop Jed from suffocating.
13. When was Christo going to die?
(a) He wasn't going to die.
(b) Likely at Tet.
(c) In three days.
(d) In a week.
14. Who's opinion in this matter does Sal ask?
(b) No one.
15. Who did Richard head to talk to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What fantasy did Richard have?
2. Where was Christo's injury?
3. How long after the dissolution of the beach commune was the epilogue?
4. What was the general feeling when the group ran towards the surf?
5. What did the group hear?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)