|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Christo going to die?
(a) Likely at Tet.
(b) In a week.
(c) He wasn't going to die.
(d) In three days.
2. Where did Richard tell Christo Karl was?
(a) Gone, left the island.
(c) Beside him.
(d) Dead and buried.
3. Who had comments directed specifically at them?
(c) Neither of these.
(d) Both of these.
4. What game did Keaty slip into the game boy?
(a) Astro Boy.
(d) Mario Kart.
5. What sign do people interpret as being a positive change in Karl's behavior?
(a) Both of these.
(b) Neither of these.
(c) He stopped pushing down the shelter.
(d) He started eating.
6. What made no sense?
(a) That Richard could continue to hold his breath.
(b) Both of these.
(c) Neither of these.
(d) That Richard could see stars in the air pocket.
7. How long after the dissolution of the beach commune was the epilogue?
(a) Two years.
(b) Thirteen months.
(c) Seventeen months.
(d) One year.
8. Why did Richard peg open the tent?
(a) All of these.
(b) To stop Jed from suffocating.
(c) To allow Jed fresh air.
(d) To keep Jed from breathing too much dying air.
9. What image can Richard clearly recall?
(a) Neither of these.
(b) Etienne and Francoise making love.
(c) Both of these.
(d) Francoise, Amazon like, frozen with a spear in her hand.
10. What did Daffy see as a kindness?
(a) Richards reaction to the rafters getting shot.
(d) Richard hanging out with him.
11. What had happened to the rafters?
(a) They had been shot.
(b) Nothing happened to the rafters.
(c) They had been sent back to Koh Phangan.
(d) They had been stabbed to death.
12. Who did Richard head to talk to?
13. Who finds Richard in the caves?
14. How was Daffy's appearance kind of like Taxi's and night busses?
(a) Daffy's appearances were unpredictable.
(b) Daffy's appearances were questionable when they were most needed.
(c) Daffy's appearances were timely.
(d) All of these.
15. What did Richard find himself thinking about since the first time he had arrived on the beach?
(a) His parents.
(b) His ex-girlfriend.
(d) His friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Richard and Etienne want?
2. How did Jed and Keaty know they had stayed at the same guest house on the same night?
3. Who had been busted with a pound of heroin?
4. Which of these statements are false?
5. What was the first thing Richard had done after he heard the shots?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)