|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the lights of Koh Samui glow like?
(a) A city.
(c) All of these.
(d) Glow stars.
2. At what time would the camp be empty?
(b) Nine thirty.
(c) Eight thirty.
3. What animal did Etienne encounter?
4. What muffled the sound of Richard's voice?
5. What did Daffy call the first day they had arrived on the Beach?
(a) The Dawning.
(b) Year Zero.
(c) All of these.
(d) Year One.
6. When was their ETA?
(a) Eleven o'clock.
(b) Neither of these.
(c) Eleven hundred hours.
(d) Both of these.
7. How many caves led into the seaward cliffs?
8. What is Richard's favorite thing?
(a) The split second before the game announces "game over".
(b) The beach.
(c) Making friends.
9. What had happened to the main character's neighbor?
(a) He'd been electrocuted.
(b) He'd overdosed on drugs.
(c) He'd committed suicide.
(d) He'd been murdered.
10. What year was this character in Vietnam?
11. What was the name of the french male?
12. What kind of vehicle did the group take from the Koh Samui port?
(a) A Honda.
(b) A motorboat.
(c) A Jeep.
(d) A Ford.
13. What did Richard fantasize his bed on the train was?
(a) A car on autopilot.
(b) A ship on autopilot.
(c) None of these.
(d) A spaceship.
14. Why did Keaty speak fast to Jean?
(a) Jean couldn't understand if he spoke fast and it helped him get out of work.
(b) He wanted to hurry and meet up with Richard.
(c) He was in a rush.
(d) He needed to go to the bathroom.
15. Not being able to finish the swim would mean what?
(a) All of these.
(c) Having Etienne mock him.
(d) Losing Francoises' respect.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who chose the chicken noodles?
2. Under normal circumstances, how did guests find the beach?
3. What color was the watermark strip when it dipped below the ocean?
4. How old did the main character judge the French couple to be, at first?
5. What name had been written into the police man's notebook?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)