|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Richard's favorite thing?
(a) Making friends.
(b) The beach.
(c) The split second before the game announces "game over".
2. Why did Keaty speak fast to Jean?
(a) Jean couldn't understand if he spoke fast and it helped him get out of work.
(b) He wanted to hurry and meet up with Richard.
(c) He was in a rush.
(d) He needed to go to the bathroom.
3. What did Richard plan to share with Etienne and Keaty?
(a) None of these.
(b) Razor blades.
(c) Boiled sweets.
4. Why didn't Richard ask Jed what to do about the body?
(a) He knew that Jed would betray him to Francoise.
(b) He knew that Jed would betray him to Sal.
(c) He knew that Jed wouldn't care and would do nothing.
(d) He knew that Jed wouldn't help.
5. What did Richard buy?
(a) A mango salad.
(b) Three hundred cigarettes.
(c) Two hundred cigarettes.
(d) A hundred cigarettes.
6. How far would the main character have traveled if it was only him?
(a) The strip joints in Pinpong.
(b) The malls in Ginwon.
(c) The strip joints in Patpong.
(d) The strip joints in Panpong.
7. Who was in Richard's dream?
(b) His mother.
(d) Mr. Duck.
8. What color or shade did the sand become the further the group had swum?
(a) More yellow.
(c) More golden.
9. What did Daffy call the first day they had arrived on the Beach?
(a) Year Zero.
(b) All of these.
(c) Year One.
(d) The Dawning.
10. What was the first thing that Richard did when he got into his hut?
(a) Changed his clothes.
(b) Went to the bathroom.
(c) Examined his face.
(d) Had a shower.
11. What did Richard fantasize his bed on the train was?
(a) A car on autopilot.
(b) A ship on autopilot.
(c) A spaceship.
(d) None of these.
12. At what time would the camp be empty?
(a) Eight thirty.
(b) Nine thirty.
13. Approximately how high were the cliffs?
(a) About fifty meters.
(b) Around the height of a four-story building.
(c) About two hundred meters.
(d) About a hundred meters.
14. When was their rendezvous?
(a) Three hours time.
(b) An hours time.
(c) Four hours time.
(d) Two hours time.
15. Why did Mr. Duck attempt to get his wounds closed up?
(a) So he could shake Richard's hand.
(b) So he could look presentable.
(c) So he could roll a joint.
(d) So he could return to the beach.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people have Walkmans in the camp?
2. What hadn't Jed done with the boat?
3. What kind of tattoo did Francoise have on her wrist?
4. What was the name of the soap that Richard was going to give to Unhygenix?
5. What was the name of the french male?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)