|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What muffled the sound of Richard's voice?
2. What three letter term is repeated throughout the section "Getting There"?
3. What color or shade did the sand become the further the group had swum?
(b) More golden.
(d) More yellow.
4. How far would the main character have traveled if it was only him?
(a) The strip joints in Pinpong.
(b) The strip joints in Patpong.
(c) The strip joints in Panpong.
(d) The malls in Ginwon.
5. What theme song did Mr. Duck sing?
(a) The theme from Fawlty Towers.
(b) The theme from the Tonight Show.
(c) The theme of the BBC news.
(d) The M*A*S*H theme.
6. Approximately how high were the cliffs?
(a) About two hundred meters.
(b) About a hundred meters.
(c) About fifty meters.
(d) Around the height of a four-story building.
7. When was their rendezvous?
(a) An hours time.
(b) Three hours time.
(c) Four hours time.
(d) Two hours time.
8. What nationality did the main character guess the man was that spoke of the beach?
9. What labels did Richard put on a map?
(a) Koh Samui.
(b) Koh Angthong
(d) All of these.
10. What kind of vehicle did the group take from the Koh Samui port?
(a) A Ford.
(b) A Honda.
(c) A motorboat.
(d) A Jeep.
11. What did Richard fantasize his bed on the train was?
(a) A spaceship.
(b) A car on autopilot.
(c) None of these.
(d) A ship on autopilot.
12. What year was this character in Vietnam?
13. What was charming about Etienne's response?
(a) All of these.
(b) That he had actually responded to their joke.
(c) That he had been so innocent.
(d) That he was honest, when the two Americans had been playing a joke.
14. What kind of competition had Richard and Etienne had?
(a) A fishing contest.
(b) A swimming race.
(c) A diving contest.
(d) A swimming contest.
15. Why did Mr. Duck attempt to get his wounds closed up?
(a) So he could shake Richard's hand.
(b) So he could roll a joint.
(c) So he could look presentable.
(d) So he could return to the beach.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the lights of Koh Samui glow like?
2. How many people have Walkmans in the camp?
3. How big was the lizard?
4. At what time would the camp be empty?
5. Why was Bugs respected?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)