|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How big was the lizard?
(a) About three inches long.
(b) Four inches long.
(c) About two inches long.
(d) Three and a half inches long.
2. Under normal circumstances, how did guests find the beach?
(a) Under invitation.
(b) Neither of these.
(c) Under supervision.
(d) Both of these.
3. What color or shade did the sand become the further the group had swum?
(a) More golden.
(d) More yellow.
4. What did Richard fantasize his bed on the train was?
(a) A car on autopilot.
(b) A ship on autopilot.
(c) A spaceship.
(d) None of these.
5. Approximately how high were the cliffs?
(a) About two hundred meters.
(b) About a hundred meters.
(c) Around the height of a four-story building.
(d) About fifty meters.
6. What kind of tattoo did Francoise have on her wrist?
(a) A dolphin tattoo.
(b) A star tattoo.
(c) A heart tattoo.
(d) A fish tattoo.
7. When was their rendezvous?
(a) Three hours time.
(b) Four hours time.
(c) An hours time.
(d) Two hours time.
8. What was the nickname of the head cook?
9. What year was this character in Vietnam?
10. What did Richard plan to share with Etienne and Keaty?
(a) Razor blades.
(b) Boiled sweets.
(d) None of these.
11. What was the first thing that Richard did when he got into his hut?
(a) Changed his clothes.
(b) Examined his face.
(c) Had a shower.
(d) Went to the bathroom.
12. Why did Richard tug at the back of his shirt?
(a) It was caught on a piece of barbwire.
(b) It had been soaked in water to make it more comfortable.
(c) Sweat was making it stick to his back.
(d) It had caught on a nail.
13. Why was Bugs respected?
(a) For both of these reasons.
(b) For neither of these reasons.
(c) He had constructed the majority of the buildings and was head carpenter.
(d) He was Sal's boyfriend.
14. How many caves led into the seaward cliffs?
15. Why didn't Richard ask Jed what to do about the body?
(a) He knew that Jed would betray him to Francoise.
(b) He knew that Jed would betray him to Sal.
(c) He knew that Jed wouldn't help.
(d) He knew that Jed wouldn't care and would do nothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the most widely understood word in the world?
2. What did the main character order for breakfast.
3. What was Richard asked if he wanted?
4. What had been left on the main character's door?
5. What theme song did Mr. Duck sing?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)