|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Richard share a cigarette with?
2. What made the girl a poor sight?
(a) She was covered in mosquitoes.
(b) She had ugly sores around her mouth.
(c) She was so thin.
(d) All of these.
3. What element led the main character to fantasize that his bed was a space ship?
(a) The rushing sound of the train's engine.
(b) The clever little compartments.
(c) The rocking of the train car.
(d) The little red light.
4. What was the first thing that Richard did when he got into his hut?
(a) Examined his face.
(b) Changed his clothes.
(c) Went to the bathroom.
(d) Had a shower.
5. Why wasn't Richard to tell Sal and Bugs about the map and the Yanks?
(a) They wouldn't understand.
(b) They might kill themselves.
(c) They might kick him off the beach.
(d) They might kill him.
6. What was the person's name that Richard met first?
7. What was left behind?
(a) Malaria pills.
(b) All of these.
(c) The Calor gas stove.
(d) The rucksacks.
8. What muffled the sound of Richard's voice?
9. What kind of salad did Richard order?
(a) A Fig salad.
(b) A mango salad.
(c) A Greek salad.
(d) A Caesar salad.
10. In "Schindler's List", what color was the little girls coat?
11. What nationality did the main character guess the man was that spoke of the beach?
12. At what time would the camp be empty?
(a) Nine thirty.
(d) Eight thirty.
13. What is Richard's favorite thing?
(a) The split second before the game announces "game over".
(b) The beach.
(c) Making friends.
14. Where did the ritual originate from?
(a) Archie comics.
(b) The Walton's T.V. series.
(c) Magnum PI T.V. series.
(d) M*A*S*H T.V. series.
15. Where had Mr. Duck been sprinting?
(a) Across an Embassy lawn.
(b) Across Hyde Park.
(c) Across the White House lawn.
(d) In front of Buckingham Palace.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year was this character in Vietnam?
2. What name had been written into the police man's notebook?
3. What did Richard just accept about the Beach?
4. Under normal circumstances, how did guests find the beach?
5. What kind of competition had Richard and Etienne had?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)