|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Leo's last words before Game Over?
(a) I'm toast.
(b) I'm dead.
(d) Confound it!
2. How many glow stars were there on Richard's roof?
(b) Two hundred.
(d) One hundred.
3. Why was Bugs respected?
(a) For neither of these reasons.
(b) He had constructed the majority of the buildings and was head carpenter.
(c) He was Sal's boyfriend.
(d) For both of these reasons.
4. What hadn't Jed done with the boat?
(a) Flicked the switch from the off to the on position.
(b) I don't know.
(c) He hadn't done either of these.
(d) Hauled the engine into the water.
5. What was charming about Etienne's response?
(a) That he had actually responded to their joke.
(b) All of these.
(c) That he was honest, when the two Americans had been playing a joke.
(d) That he had been so innocent.
6. Why did Richard tug at the back of his shirt?
(a) It had been soaked in water to make it more comfortable.
(b) Sweat was making it stick to his back.
(c) It had caught on a nail.
(d) It was caught on a piece of barbwire.
7. Who was going on the rice run?
(a) Both of these.
(b) Neither of these.
8. How big was the lizard?
(a) Three and a half inches long.
(b) About two inches long.
(c) About three inches long.
(d) Four inches long.
9. What joke were the two people playing on Richard?
(a) They had laced the weed they had given to Richard.
(b) They were cops.
(c) They weren't as dumb as they represented themselves to be.
(d) They weren't actually interested in them.
10. What is Richard's record?
11. What soft drink did Richard get?
(c) Seven Up.
(d) Ginger ale.
12. What is the most widely understood word in the world?
13. How many caves led into the seaward cliffs?
14. Why shouldn't Richard look down?
(a) He will get dizzy.
(b) He will be unable to walk when they land.
(c) He might fall in.
(d) He will feel sick.
15. Not being able to finish the swim would mean what?
(a) All of these.
(b) Losing Francoises' respect.
(d) Having Etienne mock him.
Short Answer Questions
1. There wasn't any point to going to the corals without what?
2. How far would the main character have traveled if it was only him?
3. What kind of competition had Richard and Etienne had?
4. What did Richard just accept about the Beach?
5. What had been left on the main character's door?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)