|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Approximately how high were the cliffs?
(a) Around the height of a four-story building.
(b) About two hundred meters.
(c) About fifty meters.
(d) About a hundred meters.
2. Why didn't Richard ask Jed what to do about the body?
(a) He knew that Jed would betray him to Sal.
(b) He knew that Jed wouldn't care and would do nothing.
(c) He knew that Jed would betray him to Francoise.
(d) He knew that Jed wouldn't help.
3. Who did Richard share a cigarette with?
4. What did Richard fantasize his bed on the train was?
(a) None of these.
(b) A car on autopilot.
(c) A spaceship.
(d) A ship on autopilot.
5. What did this person toss to the main character?
(a) A lit cigarette.
(b) A lit cigar.
(c) He didn't toss anything.
(d) A lit joint.
6. What is Richard's record?
7. What made the girl a poor sight?
(a) All of these.
(b) She was covered in mosquitoes.
(c) She was so thin.
(d) She had ugly sores around her mouth.
8. There wasn't any point to going to the corals without what?
(a) Bug's mask.
(c) Greg's mask.
(d) Sal's mask.
9. What did the main character order for breakfast.
(a) Banana pancakes.
(b) Both of these.
(c) A Sprite.
(d) Neither of these.
10. Why wasn't Richard to tell Sal and Bugs about the map and the Yanks?
(a) They wouldn't understand.
(b) They might kill themselves.
(c) They might kick him off the beach.
(d) They might kill him.
11. What kind of person was the group looking for to ferry them close to the beach?
(a) All of these.
(b) A person capable of being bribed.
(c) A fisherman unconcerned or unwary of the rules concerning tourists in the marine park.
(d) A person willing to give them the ride for cheap.
12. What kind of competition had Richard and Etienne had?
(a) A diving contest.
(b) A swimming race.
(c) A swimming contest.
(d) A fishing contest.
13. Why shouldn't Richard look down?
(a) He will get dizzy.
(b) He might fall in.
(c) He will be unable to walk when they land.
(d) He will feel sick.
14. Where did Richard explain for the two Americans to wait for him?
(a) Koh Samui.
(b) Koh Angthong.
(c) Koh Angthong.
15. What muffled the sound of Richard's voice?
Short Answer Questions
1. What biblical quote does Keaty utilize?
2. What was the name of the soap that Richard was going to give to Unhygenix?
3. How many people have Walkmans in the camp?
4. What was the nickname of the head cook?
5. Under normal circumstances, how did guests find the beach?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)