|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Hephaestus say his favorite forge is located?
2. How long does Calypso say Percy has been with her?
3. How do they get the padlock of the entrance open?
4. Where does Calypso say the raft will take Percy?
5. What is the first thing Percy sees when he regains consciousness in Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Daedalus kill Perdix?
2. List three things Percy learns from the dream he has on the last night at the Triple G Ranch.
3. What is going on in Camp Half-Blood when Percy arrives in Chapter 13?
4. What is Rachel doing when Percy and Annabeth meet up with her in Times Square? Briefly describe the first few minutes of that first meeting.
5. Where does Calypso say Ogygia is located and how did Percy arrive there?
6. What is the brand on Quintus' neck and why does he have it?
7. What is the problem Percy encounters when he's trying to kill Geryon? How does he finally over this problem?
8. Why does the group decide to split up after their visit with Hephaestus? Where are each of them going?
9. Who is Anteus? How does Percy kill him?
10. What is the plan Perdix has that uses mechanics and magic? How does he convince Daedalus it will work?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is Percy Jackson? Describe his strengths and weaknesses. What is his role in the story?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the Labyrinth. Who was the creator of the Labyrinth? Why is the Labyrinth a threat to Percy and the others at Camp Half-Blood? What happens to the Labyrinth?
Essay Topic 3
Who is Annabeth? What are her strengths and weaknesses? Why is it important to Annabeth that she is the one to lead the quest?
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)