|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the mark that has branded Quintus a murderer?
2. What does Grover say will happen to him as soon as he goes back to Camp?
3. What does the naiad tell Percy to pick up that prompts him to come up with an idea for cleaning up the horse's stables?
4. What's in front of the doorway when the three reach it in Chapter 14?
5. What is on the platform at the center of Hephaestus' forge.
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Anteus? How does Percy kill him?
2. What is the problem Percy encounters when he's trying to kill Geryon? How does he finally over this problem?
3. How does Daedalus kill Perdix?
4. What is the brand on Quintus' neck and why does he have it?
5. Where does Calypso say Ogygia is located and how did Percy arrive there?
6. What does Bianca say to Nico when he summons her from the dead?
7. What is going on in Camp Half-Blood when Percy arrives in Chapter 13?
8. Describe the appearance of the young telekhine. What are they doing when Percy first sees them?
9. Why does the group decide to split up after their visit with Hephaestus? Where are each of them going?
10. What does Percy learn from Chiron about Quintus? Why does he believe there's something more to the story?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is Luke? What is his fate? What is his role in the story? How does Annabeth feel about Luke?
Essay Topic 2
Compare any character from this book to any character from another work of fiction. How are the two similar? How are they different? Which is more likeable? Which is more believable?
Essay Topic 3
How does Percy first meet Rachel Dare in the opening of this book? Describe their interaction during the orientation at the school and the events that send Percy hurrying back to Camp Half-Blood.
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)