|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the payment King Cocalus expects to receive in return for solving Minos' riddle?
2. Where does Hephaestus say his favorite forge is located?
3. Who, according to this story, is Harriet Tubman's father?
4. Who is Annabeth's mother?
5. What is the sound Percy hears when he falls asleep and dreams in Chapter 16?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Percy say to the flesh-eating horses at the beginning of Chapter 9? What is their reaction?
2. List three things Percy learns from the dream he has on the last night at the Triple G Ranch.
3. What is the problem Percy encounters when he's trying to kill Geryon? How does he finally over this problem?
4. What does Percy see when he opens the coffin that says "Kronos, Lord of Time"? What is his reaction?
5. Describe the skulls that are part of the arena where Percy is going to have to fight.
6. What is the argument the naiad gives for not allowing Percy to use her stream to clean the horse stables? What is his reaction?
7. Why does the group decide to split up after their visit with Hephaestus? Where are each of them going?
8. What is Rachel doing when Percy and Annabeth meet up with her in Times Square? Briefly describe the first few minutes of that first meeting.
9. How does Rachel find the door into the Labyrinth? How does she decide which way to go?
10. What is the plan Perdix has that uses mechanics and magic? How does he convince Daedalus it will work?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is Annabeth's quest? What is Grover's quest? What is the result of each?
Essay Topic 2
Who is Tyson? How is he related to Percy? What is his role in the quests of Annabeth and Grover?
Essay Topic 3
Who is Rachel Dare? What is her role in the story? What does Pan tell her just before he disappears? What does he mean?
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)