|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Percy say is the creepiest thing about the arena where he and the others are taken?
2. How many riddles does the Sphinx say she's going to ask?
3. What does the naiad tell Percy to pick up that prompts him to come up with an idea for cleaning up the horse's stables?
4. Where does Rachel say there's an entrance to the Labyrinth?
5. What is the first thing Percy sees when he regains consciousness in Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Calypso say she's tried not to become overly friendly with Percy?
2. Why does the group decide to split up after their visit with Hephaestus? Where are each of them going?
3. List three things Percy learns from the dream he has on the last night at the Triple G Ranch.
4. What does Percy say to the flesh-eating horses at the beginning of Chapter 9? What is their reaction?
5. What does Bianca say to Nico when he summons her from the dead?
6. How does Daedalus kill Perdix?
7. Who is Anteus? How does Percy kill him?
8. What is Rachel doing when Percy and Annabeth meet up with her in Times Square? Briefly describe the first few minutes of that first meeting.
9. What does Percy see when he opens the coffin that says "Kronos, Lord of Time"? What is his reaction?
10. What is the plan Perdix has that uses mechanics and magic? How does he convince Daedalus it will work?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare any character from this book to any character from another work of fiction. How are the two similar? How are they different? Which is more likeable? Which is more believable?
Essay Topic 2
Who is Pan? What is Pan's fate? What is his message to Grover and the others?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the Labyrinth. Who was the creator of the Labyrinth? Why is the Labyrinth a threat to Percy and the others at Camp Half-Blood? What happens to the Labyrinth?
This section contains 854 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)