|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Percy's dream, what is chasing Tyson and Grover?
2. What is Annabeth's reaction to the mechanical spider Eurytion gives her?
3. What is written on the apron Geryon is wearing when Percy arrives at the ranch house?
4. Who is Annabeth's mother?
5. What is the mark that has branded Quintus a murderer?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Daedalus (Quintus) say he won't help Percy and Annabeth defend Camp Half-Blood from the armies of Kronos?
2. Why does Hephaestus say he was "tossed off Mount Olympus" and who does he say tossed him?
3. Where does Calypso say Ogygia is located and how did Percy arrive there?
4. What does Percy learn from Chiron about Quintus? Why does he believe there's something more to the story?
5. What is the argument the naiad gives for not allowing Percy to use her stream to clean the horse stables? What is his reaction?
6. What is the brand on Quintus' neck and why does he have it?
7. Describe the appearance of the young telekhine. What are they doing when Percy first sees them?
8. What does Bianca say to Nico when he summons her from the dead?
9. What is the problem Percy encounters when he's trying to kill Geryon? How does he finally over this problem?
10. What is going on in Camp Half-Blood when Percy arrives in Chapter 13?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
It's noted that some of the gods can "fade away" if others cease to believe in them. What's Tyson's opinion on this point? Do you believe he's right? Support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Compare any character from this book to any character from another work of fiction. How are the two similar? How are they different? Which is more likeable? Which is more believable?
Essay Topic 3
Who is Rachel Dare? What is her role in the story? What does Pan tell her just before he disappears? What does he mean?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)