|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Percy live with his mother?
2. What time of day does Hephaestus say is a good time for making decisions?
3. How do they get the padlock of the entrance open?
4. What does Ethan say when Percy refuses to kill him?
5. What is the defining characteristic of the skeleton hanging in the entrance of the Labyrinth where Percy, Annabeth, and Rachel enter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is going on in Camp Half-Blood when Percy arrives in Chapter 13?
2. What does Percy see when he opens the coffin that says "Kronos, Lord of Time"? What is his reaction?
3. How does Daedalus kill Perdix?
4. What does Percy learn from Chiron about Quintus? Why does he believe there's something more to the story?
5. What is the plan Perdix has that uses mechanics and magic? How does he convince Daedalus it will work?
6. What is Rachel doing when Percy and Annabeth meet up with her in Times Square? Briefly describe the first few minutes of that first meeting.
7. Why does the group decide to split up after their visit with Hephaestus? Where are each of them going?
8. How does Rachel find the door into the Labyrinth? How does she decide which way to go?
9. How does Rachel find another entrance to the Labyrinth?
10. What is the challenge Minos offers in an effort to find Daedalus? How does Daedalus meet that challenge?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the most important theme of this book? Why do you think this theme is important? List at least two examples of this theme.
Essay Topic 2
What is the prophecy that indicates one of the demigods will do something important before his or her sixteenth birthday? Why is it that Percy could be one of these? Who are the other demigods who could be part of the prophecy?
Essay Topic 3
Tyson and Grover don't like each other as the story opens. What happens to change that? Describe how their relationship changes over the course of the story.
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)