|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rachel stand up and shout while she, Percy, and Annabeth are talking about the quest?
2. In Percy's dream, what is chasing Tyson and Grover?
3. What is the answer the young telekhines give when asked whom they serve?
4. Who is Annabeth's mother?
5. Why doe Geryon say the deal he made with Percy isn't binding?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Calypso say she's tried not to become overly friendly with Percy?
2. List three things Percy learns from the dream he has on the last night at the Triple G Ranch.
3. Describe the appearance of the young telekhine. What are they doing when Percy first sees them?
4. What is the argument the naiad gives for not allowing Percy to use her stream to clean the horse stables? What is his reaction?
5. What is the plan Perdix has that uses mechanics and magic? How does he convince Daedalus it will work?
6. What does Bianca say to Nico when he summons her from the dead?
7. What does Percy say to the flesh-eating horses at the beginning of Chapter 9? What is their reaction?
8. What is the brand on Quintus' neck and why does he have it?
9. What does Percy see when he opens the coffin that says "Kronos, Lord of Time"? What is his reaction?
10. What is the problem Percy encounters when he's trying to kill Geryon? How does he finally over this problem?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is an Iris-message? What is the first message Percy receives through this method? What are other messages and visions he has throughout the story?
Essay Topic 2
Who is Luke? What is his fate? What is his role in the story? How does Annabeth feel about Luke?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the Labyrinth. Who was the creator of the Labyrinth? Why is the Labyrinth a threat to Percy and the others at Camp Half-Blood? What happens to the Labyrinth?
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)