|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Ethan's mother?
2. What does Perdix say could be the key to making a body that looks human but is better?
3. What does Grover say will happen to him as soon as he goes back to Camp?
4. How many riddles does the Sphinx say she's going to ask?
5. In Percy's dream, what is chasing Tyson and Grover?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the argument the naiad gives for not allowing Percy to use her stream to clean the horse stables? What is his reaction?
2. Why does Daedalus (Quintus) say he won't help Percy and Annabeth defend Camp Half-Blood from the armies of Kronos?
3. How does Rachel find the door into the Labyrinth? How does she decide which way to go?
4. What is the problem Percy encounters when he's trying to kill Geryon? How does he finally over this problem?
5. How does Rachel find another entrance to the Labyrinth?
6. What is the challenge Minos offers in an effort to find Daedalus? How does Daedalus meet that challenge?
7. What is going on in Camp Half-Blood when Percy arrives in Chapter 13?
8. What is the plan Perdix has that uses mechanics and magic? How does he convince Daedalus it will work?
9. Why does Calypso say she's tried not to become overly friendly with Percy?
10. Where does Calypso say Ogygia is located and how did Percy arrive there?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is Tyson? How is he related to Percy? What is his role in the quests of Annabeth and Grover?
Essay Topic 2
How does Percy first meet Rachel Dare in the opening of this book? Describe their interaction during the orientation at the school and the events that send Percy hurrying back to Camp Half-Blood.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the Labyrinth. Who was the creator of the Labyrinth? Why is the Labyrinth a threat to Percy and the others at Camp Half-Blood? What happens to the Labyrinth?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)