|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Percy's mom give Percy and Annabeth to eat?
2. Who does Percy say has been sending him Iris-messages?
3. What is Annabeth's reaction to the mechanical spider Eurytion gives her?
4. What color shirt is being worn by the naiad Percy encounters by the river?
5. What is the news Chiron has about Quintus?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the challenge Minos offers in an effort to find Daedalus? How does Daedalus meet that challenge?
2. Describe the appearance of the young telekhine. What are they doing when Percy first sees them?
3. Why does Calypso say she's tried not to become overly friendly with Percy?
4. List three things Percy learns from the dream he has on the last night at the Triple G Ranch.
5. Why does Hephaestus say he was "tossed off Mount Olympus" and who does he say tossed him?
6. Why does Daedalus (Quintus) say he remains buried deep in the Labyrinth?
7. Where does Calypso say Ogygia is located and how did Percy arrive there?
8. How does Rachel find the door into the Labyrinth? How does she decide which way to go?
9. Who is Anteus? How does Percy kill him?
10. What is the argument the naiad gives for not allowing Percy to use her stream to clean the horse stables? What is his reaction?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the prophecy that indicates one of the demigods will do something important before his or her sixteenth birthday? Why is it that Percy could be one of these? Who are the other demigods who could be part of the prophecy?
Essay Topic 2
Who is Percy Jackson? Describe his strengths and weaknesses. What is his role in the story?
Essay Topic 3
Many of the characters of the story are demigods. What is a demigod? List five of the demigods and describe them, including which god is their parent.
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)