|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Ethan's mother?
2. What is Annabeth's reaction to the mechanical spider Eurytion gives her?
3. Who is Annabeth's mother?
4. What is the spider doing when Percy and the others catch up with it in chapter eleven?
5. In Percy's dream, what is chasing Tyson and Grover?
Short Essay Questions
1. List three things Percy learns from the dream he has on the last night at the Triple G Ranch.
2. Why does Hephaestus say he was "tossed off Mount Olympus" and who does he say tossed him?
3. How does Daedalus kill Perdix?
4. What is going on in Camp Half-Blood when Percy arrives in Chapter 13?
5. Why does Calypso say she's tried not to become overly friendly with Percy?
6. Describe the appearance of the young telekhine. What are they doing when Percy first sees them?
7. Where does Calypso say Ogygia is located and how did Percy arrive there?
8. Why does Daedalus (Quintus) say he remains buried deep in the Labyrinth?
9. What does Percy see when he opens the coffin that says "Kronos, Lord of Time"? What is his reaction?
10. How does Rachel find the door into the Labyrinth? How does she decide which way to go?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Tyson and Grover don't like each other as the story opens. What happens to change that? Describe how their relationship changes over the course of the story.
Essay Topic 2
Who is Tyson? How is he related to Percy? What is his role in the quests of Annabeth and Grover?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Camp Half-Blood. What guards the entrance? What does Annabeth do upon encountering this creature when she and Percy return to the camp for the first time in this book?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)