|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is written on the apron Geryon is wearing when Percy arrives at the ranch house?
2. What is the first thing Percy sees when he regains consciousness in Chapter 12?
3. What are the foods Nico pours into the septic tank in an effort to summon Bianca?
4. What is coming from the wounds all over Daedalus' body when Percy and the others are about to fly away?
5. What does Grover say will happen to him as soon as he goes back to Camp?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Rachel find the door into the Labyrinth? How does she decide which way to go?
2. Where does Calypso say Ogygia is located and how did Percy arrive there?
3. What is the brand on Quintus' neck and why does he have it?
4. Describe the appearance of the young telekhine. What are they doing when Percy first sees them?
5. What is the challenge Minos offers in an effort to find Daedalus? How does Daedalus meet that challenge?
6. What is going on in Camp Half-Blood when Percy arrives in Chapter 13?
7. Who is Anteus? How does Percy kill him?
8. How does Rachel find another entrance to the Labyrinth?
9. Why does Calypso say she's tried not to become overly friendly with Percy?
10. What is the plan Perdix has that uses mechanics and magic? How does he convince Daedalus it will work?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is Rachel Dare? What is her role in the story? What does Pan tell her just before he disappears? What does he mean?
Essay Topic 2
Many of the characters of the story are demigods. What is a demigod? List five of the demigods and describe them, including which god is their parent.
Essay Topic 3
Who is Annabeth? What are her strengths and weaknesses? Why is it important to Annabeth that she is the one to lead the quest?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)