|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color shirt is being worn by the naiad Percy encounters by the river?
2. What does Perdix say could be the key to making a body that looks human but is better?
3. Where do Percy and the others land?
4. What is the name of the driver of the limo who gives Rachel and the others a ride?
5. How long does Eurytion say it will take Geryon to re-form?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Hephaestus say he was "tossed off Mount Olympus" and who does he say tossed him?
2. What does Percy learn from Chiron about Quintus? Why does he believe there's something more to the story?
3. How does Rachel find another entrance to the Labyrinth?
4. What is the plan Perdix has that uses mechanics and magic? How does he convince Daedalus it will work?
5. What is the argument the naiad gives for not allowing Percy to use her stream to clean the horse stables? What is his reaction?
6. How does Rachel find the door into the Labyrinth? How does she decide which way to go?
7. What does Percy say to the flesh-eating horses at the beginning of Chapter 9? What is their reaction?
8. List three things Percy learns from the dream he has on the last night at the Triple G Ranch.
9. Why does Daedalus (Quintus) say he won't help Percy and Annabeth defend Camp Half-Blood from the armies of Kronos?
10. How does Daedalus kill Perdix?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare any character from this book to any character from another work of fiction. How are the two similar? How are they different? Which is more likeable? Which is more believable?
Essay Topic 2
Who is Nico? What is Nico trying to do when Percy sees him for the first time in an Iris-message? How does Nico change over the course of the story?
Essay Topic 3
What is the most important theme of this book? Why do you think this theme is important? List at least two examples of this theme.
This section contains 841 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)