|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Percy live with his mother?
2. What time of day does Hephaestus say is a good time for making decisions?
3. What is Hephaestus' reaction when Annabeth says they are looking for Daedalus?
4. In Percy's dream, what is chasing Tyson and Grover?
5. How long does Eurytion say he's been working for Geryon?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the challenge Minos offers in an effort to find Daedalus? How does Daedalus meet that challenge?
2. What does Bianca say to Nico when he summons her from the dead?
3. What is the argument the naiad gives for not allowing Percy to use her stream to clean the horse stables? What is his reaction?
4. Who is Anteus? How does Percy kill him?
5. What is the problem Percy encounters when he's trying to kill Geryon? How does he finally over this problem?
6. What does Percy see when he opens the coffin that says "Kronos, Lord of Time"? What is his reaction?
7. What does Percy learn from Chiron about Quintus? Why does he believe there's something more to the story?
8. What is the brand on Quintus' neck and why does he have it?
9. What is going on in Camp Half-Blood when Percy arrives in Chapter 13?
10. What is Rachel doing when Percy and Annabeth meet up with her in Times Square? Briefly describe the first few minutes of that first meeting.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is Pan? What is Pan's fate? What is his message to Grover and the others?
Essay Topic 2
What is the most important theme of this book? Why do you think this theme is important? List at least two examples of this theme.
Essay Topic 3
Describe at least five of the monsters Percy and the others encounter.
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)