|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hephaestus' reaction when Annabeth says they are looking for Daedalus?
2. Where does Calypso say the raft will take Percy?
3. Who is Antaeus' mother?
4. What does Percy smell when he's nearing the house where Annabeth and the others are being held?
5. Who is Annabeth's mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the brand on Quintus' neck and why does he have it?
2. Why does Hephaestus say he was "tossed off Mount Olympus" and who does he say tossed him?
3. List three things Percy learns from the dream he has on the last night at the Triple G Ranch.
4. Why does the group decide to split up after their visit with Hephaestus? Where are each of them going?
5. What does Percy say to the flesh-eating horses at the beginning of Chapter 9? What is their reaction?
6. Why does Calypso say she's tried not to become overly friendly with Percy?
7. Where does Calypso say Ogygia is located and how did Percy arrive there?
8. How does Rachel find the door into the Labyrinth? How does she decide which way to go?
9. How does Daedalus kill Perdix?
10. What is the problem Percy encounters when he's trying to kill Geryon? How does he finally over this problem?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is Annabeth? What are her strengths and weaknesses? Why is it important to Annabeth that she is the one to lead the quest?
Essay Topic 2
Describe at least five of the monsters Percy and the others encounter.
Essay Topic 3
Compare any character from this book to any character from another work of fiction. How are the two similar? How are they different? Which is more likeable? Which is more believable?
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)