|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the subject Rachel and Annabeth discuss after they're in the Labyrinth?
2. What is the sound Percy hears when he falls asleep and dreams in Chapter 16?
3. What are the foods Nico pours into the septic tank in an effort to summon Bianca?
4. What is the mark that has branded Quintus a murderer?
5. What is the defining characteristic of the skeleton hanging in the entrance of the Labyrinth where Percy, Annabeth, and Rachel enter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the group decide to split up after their visit with Hephaestus? Where are each of them going?
2. Why does Daedalus (Quintus) say he won't help Percy and Annabeth defend Camp Half-Blood from the armies of Kronos?
3. Why does Hephaestus say he was "tossed off Mount Olympus" and who does he say tossed him?
4. Describe the skulls that are part of the arena where Percy is going to have to fight.
5. How does Rachel find the door into the Labyrinth? How does she decide which way to go?
6. What is the problem Percy encounters when he's trying to kill Geryon? How does he finally over this problem?
7. What is the brand on Quintus' neck and why does he have it?
8. How does Rachel find another entrance to the Labyrinth?
9. Why does Daedalus (Quintus) say he remains buried deep in the Labyrinth?
10. Who is Anteus? How does Percy kill him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is Percy Jackson? Describe his strengths and weaknesses. What is his role in the story?
Essay Topic 2
Who is Annabeth? What are her strengths and weaknesses? Why is it important to Annabeth that she is the one to lead the quest?
Essay Topic 3
Who is Rachel Dare? What is her role in the story? What does Pan tell her just before he disappears? What does he mean?
This section contains 806 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)