|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Grover say will happen to him as soon as he goes back to Camp?
2. Where does Percy arrange to meet Rachel?
3. What is the weapon Percy uses to kill Geryon?
4. What does Rachel stand up and shout while she, Percy, and Annabeth are talking about the quest?
5. What is the answer the young telekhines give when asked whom they serve?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Daedalus (Quintus) say he remains buried deep in the Labyrinth?
2. Why does Hephaestus say he was "tossed off Mount Olympus" and who does he say tossed him?
3. Why does the group decide to split up after their visit with Hephaestus? Where are each of them going?
4. What is the brand on Quintus' neck and why does he have it?
5. What is the challenge Minos offers in an effort to find Daedalus? How does Daedalus meet that challenge?
6. What is the plan Perdix has that uses mechanics and magic? How does he convince Daedalus it will work?
7. Who is Anteus? How does Percy kill him?
8. Why does Calypso say she's tried not to become overly friendly with Percy?
9. What is the argument the naiad gives for not allowing Percy to use her stream to clean the horse stables? What is his reaction?
10. What does Percy see when he opens the coffin that says "Kronos, Lord of Time"? What is his reaction?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe at least five of the monsters Percy and the others encounter.
Essay Topic 2
Who is Annabeth? What are her strengths and weaknesses? Why is it important to Annabeth that she is the one to lead the quest?
Essay Topic 3
Many of the characters of the story are demigods. What is a demigod? List five of the demigods and describe them, including which god is their parent.
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)