|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Percy's vision, what is beside Nico's feet in the graveyard?
(a) A bottle of water.
(b) A Wal-Mart bag.
(c) A large red wagon.
(d) A phone.
2. The campers participate in a game in which they are supposed to do two things. They are to collect the gold laurels and _______________.
(a) Hide from the other teams.
(b) Kill some scorpions.
(c) Collect fairy dust.
(d) Keep from dying.
3. What is Tyson wearing when Percy steps into the cabin they share?
(a) A dented helmet and silver armor.
(b) Platinum armor and mesh gloves.
(c) A flowered apron and rubber cleaning gloves.
(d) Gold armor and a red mesh helmet.
4. What is written on Rachel's t-shirt?
(a) Harvard Art Dept.
(b) Peace Out.
(c) Don't hate me because I'm pretty.
(d) Goode High School Band.
5. What is Kampe holding when she emerges onto the prison yard in pursuit of Percy and the others?
(a) A silver bow and arrow.
(b) Two swords.
(c) A metal spider.
(d) A key.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much longer do members of the council give Grover to locate Pan?
2. What are the two words written on the walls that are covered with graffiti?
3. What does Percy say is the last thing he wants to do on his summer break?
4. What was the item that guided Theseus out of the maze of the Labyrinth?
5. Why does Annabeth recognize that they have ended up in Alcatraz?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Percy and Annabeth initially find the entrance to the Labyrinth and what happens when they step into it.
2. Whom does Annabeth choose to go with her on her quest? Why is her choice questioned? What does she say to defend her choices?
3. Why does Percy want to enter the school through a side door and what does he find there?
4. Who does Hera say can help Annabeth in her quest to find Daedalus? Why does she say this person can help?
5. What does Percy suggest in order to keep enemies from using the Labyrinth entrance to attack Camp Half-Blood? Why does Annabeth say it won't work?
6. Describe how the group gets away from Kampe.
7. Who (and what) is Mrs. O'Leary and what is Percy's reaction when he meets her?
8. Describe Janus and what does he try to make Annabeth do?
9. Describe at least two of the animals Percy sees on the Triple G Ranch.
10. What does Percy reveal to Rachel about himself, how does he explain why she can see things others can't, and what is her reaction?
This section contains 855 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)