|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Rachel's middle name?
2. Why does Annabeth recognize that they have ended up in Alcatraz?
(a) She hears a tourist say so.
(b) She's been there on a school trip.
(c) She's seen photos.
(d) She sees a sign.
3. How many arrows does Lee say were shot into the dragon that tried to attack the camp?
(c) Two hundred.
(d) A hundred.
4. What are the two tools that have fallen out of the wooden crate in Percy's dream?
(a) A paint scraper and a level.
(b) A compass and a saw.
(c) A prybar and a wrench.
(d) A hammer and a screwdriver.
5. What is the one thing Theseus says that helped him survive the Labyrinth?
(a) Ariadne's string.
(b) The gods.
(c) The love of a mortal girl.
(d) His desire for revenge.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tyson says Kampe is ____________.
2. What are the two words written on the walls that are covered with graffiti?
3. Why does Briares say he can't escape even after Tyson breaks the door to his prison cell?
4. What does Briares say happened to his brothers?
5. What does the king say Icarus and his father look like with their wings attached?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the argument the naiad gives for not allowing Percy to use her stream to clean the horse stables? What is his reaction?
2. What is the brand on Quintus' neck and why does he have it?
3. What does Percy reveal to Rachel about himself, how does he explain why she can see things others can't, and what is her reaction?
4. What is the problem Percy encounters when he's trying to kill Geryon? How does he finally over this problem?
5. Describe Janus and what does he try to make Annabeth do?
6. Describe at least two of the animals Percy sees on the Triple G Ranch.
7. Where does Calypso say Ogygia is located and how did Percy arrive there?
8. What is the plan Perdix has that uses mechanics and magic? How does he convince Daedalus it will work?
9. Why does the group decide to split up after their visit with Hephaestus? Where are each of them going?
10. Describe how Percy and Annabeth initially find the entrance to the Labyrinth and what happens when they step into it.
This section contains 867 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)