|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Tyson wearing when Percy steps into the cabin they share?
(a) A flowered apron and rubber cleaning gloves.
(b) Gold armor and a red mesh helmet.
(c) A dented helmet and silver armor.
(d) Platinum armor and mesh gloves.
2. Who is waiting in front of the school when Percy and his mom arrive?
(a) A group of cheerleaders.
(b) The principal.
(c) A cyclops.
(d) Paul Blofis.
3. The campers participate in a game in which they are supposed to do two things. They are to collect the gold laurels and _______________.
(a) Keep from dying.
(b) Collect fairy dust.
(c) Hide from the other teams.
(d) Kill some scorpions.
4. Who is Tyson's partner for the game?
5. What is Eurytion's job?
(b) Cow herder.
(c) Keeper of the Labyrinth gate.
(d) Guard for Olympus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What game does Percy play with Briares as a means of getting him to leave the cell?
2. What does Tyson throw at Kampe while the others are rushing toward the Labyrinth entrance with Briares?
3. Tyson says Kampe is ____________.
4. Why do Grover and Tyson say the group should take the tunnel to the left when they have to make a choice?
5. Why does Annabeth recognize that they have ended up in Alcatraz?
Short Essay Questions
1. Whom does Annabeth choose to go with her on her quest? Why is her choice questioned? What does she say to defend her choices?
2. What does Percy suggest in order to keep enemies from using the Labyrinth entrance to attack Camp Half-Blood? Why does Annabeth say it won't work?
3. What is the prophecy regarding a child of the "Big Three" gods?
4. Describe Janus and what does he try to make Annabeth do?
5. Why does Percy want to enter the school through a side door and what does he find there?
6. Briefly describe the dream Percy has about an old man, a king, and a boy in Chapter 4.
7. What are the details Percy discovers about Nico from the first Iris-message Percy receives?
8. Describe how Percy and Annabeth initially find the entrance to the Labyrinth and what happens when they step into it.
9. Describe how the group gets away from Kampe.
10. Who are the people in Percy's dream at the beginning of Chapter 5? Why does the dream come to an end?
This section contains 844 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)