|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Percy see beside the fountain after the brilliant light lights up the room?
(b) The ghost of Christmas past.
(c) A woman.
(d) A milkman.
2. What does Percy's mom's boyfriend teach?
(c) Greek mythology.
3. Why do Grover and Tyson say the group should take the tunnel to the left when they have to make a choice?
(a) Something big is coming from the tunnel to the right.
(b) They believe Hera gave them a clue.
(c) They remember seeing a map.
(d) They see clues on the walls.
4. The campers participate in a game in which they are supposed to do two things. They are to collect the gold laurels and _______________.
(a) Keep from dying.
(b) Collect fairy dust.
(c) Kill some scorpions.
(d) Hide from the other teams.
5. Percy compares the sleeping Tyson to ___________.
(a) A tranquilized elephant.
(b) A train.
(c) A sleeping pig.
(d) An alert gazelle.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Percy's dream, an old man has made a set of wings from what metal?
2. What does Percy say the Athena cabin looks like?
3. What is written on Rachel's t-shirt?
4. What does Grover say he smells while they are evaluating the milkman's skeleton?
5. What does Tyson make when he and Percy go to Beckendorf's forge?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the threat Grover faces from the council regarding his search for Pan?
2. What is the plan Perdix has that uses mechanics and magic? How does he convince Daedalus it will work?
3. Why does Daedalus (Quintus) say he won't help Percy and Annabeth defend Camp Half-Blood from the armies of Kronos?
4. What does Percy see when he opens the coffin that says "Kronos, Lord of Time"? What is his reaction?
5. What does Percy suggest in order to keep enemies from using the Labyrinth entrance to attack Camp Half-Blood? Why does Annabeth say it won't work?
6. What are the details Percy discovers about Nico from the first Iris-message Percy receives?
7. What does Percy say to the flesh-eating horses at the beginning of Chapter 9? What is their reaction?
8. Why does Daedalus say he and Braires arrived at the camp together? What is Tyson's reaction?
9. What is Nico doing when Percy sees him in the vision in the fountain in Chapter 5?
10. What happens to confuse the travelers almost as soon as they are in the Labyrinth?
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)