|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Annabeth believe the room made of huge marble blocks must be near Daedalus's workshop?
(a) She's seen pictures of it.
(b) Her compass indicates they are near the center.
(c) She can sense the presence of those who have passed through.
(d) It seems to be an older part of the Labyrinth.
2. The campers participate in a game in which they are supposed to do two things. They are to collect the gold laurels and _______________.
(a) Keep from dying.
(b) Collect fairy dust.
(c) Hide from the other teams.
(d) Kill some scorpions.
3. What does Percy see beside the fountain after the brilliant light lights up the room?
(a) A woman.
(b) A milkman.
(d) The ghost of Christmas past.
4. Janus is the god of _________.
(a) Death and destruction.
(b) Freedom and peace.
(c) Certainty and leadership.
(d) Doorways and choices.
5. Whom does Percy encounter as soon as he steps out of the school and into the alley?
(d) A police officer.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Percy's vision, what is beside Nico's feet in the graveyard?
2. What is written on Rachel's t-shirt?
3. What is Eurytion's job?
4. Tyson says Kampe is ____________.
5. Why does Quintus say Percy can use the whistle to summon Mrs. O'Leary only once?
Short Essay Questions
1. Briefly describe the dream Percy has about an old man, a king, and a boy in Chapter 4.
2. Why does Percy say half-bloods try not to use cell phones?
3. What is the prophecy regarding a child of the "Big Three" gods?
4. Describe Janus and what does he try to make Annabeth do?
5. Who are the people in Percy's dream at the beginning of Chapter 5? Why does the dream come to an end?
6. Describe at least two of the animals Percy sees on the Triple G Ranch.
7. Who (and what) is Mrs. O'Leary and what is Percy's reaction when he meets her?
8. How many campers are there and what has happened to lessen the number of campers at Camp Half-Blood?
9. Describe the dream Percy has about Icarus.
10. What does Percy suggest in order to keep enemies from using the Labyrinth entrance to attack Camp Half-Blood? Why does Annabeth say it won't work?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)