|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much water is in the three-tiered fountain in the center of a room where Percy and the others stop?
(a) More than Percy has seen before.
(b) Three or four gallons.
(d) Hundreds of gallons.
2. Tyson says Kampe is ____________.
(a) A myth.
(b) The keeper of Alcatraz.
(c) Cyclopes' worst nightmare.
(d) An extinct creature of the underworld.
3. Why does Briares say he can't escape even after Tyson breaks the door to his prison cell?
(a) He pledged to remain in the cell.
(b) He has nowhere to go.
(c) He has no legs.
(d) Kampe will punish him.
4. How far do Percy and the others make it into the Labyrinth before they're lost?
(a) A hundred feet.
(b) Three miles.
(c) A mile.
(d) Eight miles.
5. What is Rachel's middle name?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Percy's dream, how long does the man say he needs in order to correctly attach the wings?
2. Whom does Percy encounter as soon as he steps out of the school and into the alley?
3. What does Percy throw at Kempe in the final seconds before they rush into the Labyrinth?
4. What color is the t-shirt worn by the girl with frizzy red hair?
5. What does Percy say the Athena cabin looks like?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Rachel find the door into the Labyrinth? How does she decide which way to go?
2. Briefly describe the cavern where Percy and the others find Pan.
3. Who does Hera say can help Annabeth in her quest to find Daedalus? Why does she say this person can help?
4. Describe how Poseidon looks when he arrives at the apartment for Percy's birthday party.
5. What does Percy reveal to Rachel about himself, how does he explain why she can see things others can't, and what is her reaction?
6. What happens to confuse the travelers almost as soon as they are in the Labyrinth?
7. Briefly describe the dream Percy has about an old man, a king, and a boy in Chapter 4.
8. Whom does Annabeth choose to go with her on her quest? Why is her choice questioned? What does she say to defend her choices?
9. What does Percy say to the flesh-eating horses at the beginning of Chapter 9? What is their reaction?
10. How does Daedalus kill Perdix?
This section contains 854 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)