|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Percy encounter as soon as he steps out of the school and into the alley?
(b) A police officer.
2. Why do Grover and Tyson say the group should take the tunnel to the left when they have to make a choice?
(a) They see clues on the walls.
(b) They remember seeing a map.
(c) They believe Hera gave them a clue.
(d) Something big is coming from the tunnel to the right.
3. What is Eurytion's job?
(a) Cow herder.
(b) Keeper of the Labyrinth gate.
(c) Guard for Olympus.
4. What is the scene created by mosaic tiles in one of the rooms?
(a) The gods with their families.
(b) The gods dancing in the rain.
(c) The gods at a feast.
(d) The gods building Mount Olympus.
5. What does Percy's mom's boyfriend teach?
(b) Greek mythology.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the young guardian dragon doing when Percy and Annabeth arrive at the camp entrance?
2. Which of the following is NOT written on the mysterious crates in the sword arena?
3. What does Grover do with the straw he pulls from his backpack as they gather to camp?
4. Who hits Kampe in the chest with a pole?
5. Percy compares the sleeping Tyson to ___________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Percy reveal to Rachel about himself, how does he explain why she can see things others can't, and what is her reaction?
2. What is the threat Grover faces from the council regarding his search for Pan?
3. Describe the dream Percy has about Icarus.
4. What does Kampe look like?
5. What are the items Percy packs for the trip into the Labyrinth?
6. Who are the people in Percy's dream at the beginning of Chapter 5? Why does the dream come to an end?
7. Briefly describe the dream Percy has about an old man, a king, and a boy in Chapter 4.
8. Describe how the group gets away from Kampe.
9. What happens to confuse the travelers almost as soon as they are in the Labyrinth?
10. Describe at least two of the animals Percy sees on the Triple G Ranch.
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)