|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Percy say the Athena cabin looks like?
(a) A workshop for brainiac kids.
(b) A science lab gone horribly wrong.
(c) A neat-freak's domain.
(d) A disaster area.
2. What was the item that guided Theseus out of the maze of the Labyrinth?
(a) Zeus's golden arrow.
(b) Hermes' emerald wand.
(c) Loki's silver compass.
(d) Ariadne's string.
3. How long does Annabeth say she's wanted to lead a quest?
(a) For almost a year.
(b) Since she was seven.
(c) Since she was a baby.
(d) For a year and a half.
4. How does Percy know they are discussing something very serious during the war council called by Chiron?
(a) Annabeth tells him.
(b) Because of his dream.
(c) Argus is there.
(d) Everyone is quiet.
5. How much longer do members of the council give Grover to locate Pan?
(a) A year.
(b) A day.
(c) A month.
(d) A week.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT written on the mysterious crates in the sword arena?
2. What does Grover do with the straw he pulls from his backpack as they gather to camp?
3. What does Percy see beside the fountain after the brilliant light lights up the room?
4. What does Percy believe Paul might do if he knew the truth about Percy?
5. Why does Quintus say Percy can use the whistle to summon Mrs. O'Leary only once?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are the people in Percy's dream at the beginning of Chapter 5? Why does the dream come to an end?
2. What happens to confuse the travelers almost as soon as they are in the Labyrinth?
3. Describe at least two of the animals Percy sees on the Triple G Ranch.
4. What are the items Percy packs for the trip into the Labyrinth?
5. Who (and what) is Mrs. O'Leary and what is Percy's reaction when he meets her?
6. What is the threat Grover faces from the council regarding his search for Pan?
7. What does Percy suggest in order to keep enemies from using the Labyrinth entrance to attack Camp Half-Blood? Why does Annabeth say it won't work?
8. What is the prophecy regarding a child of the "Big Three" gods?
9. Briefly describe the dream Percy has about an old man, a king, and a boy in Chapter 4.
10. Whom does Annabeth choose to go with her on her quest? Why is her choice questioned? What does she say to defend her choices?
This section contains 832 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)