|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the king say Icarus and his father look like with their wings attached?
(a) Golden geese.
(b) Metal chickens.
(c) Golden canaries.
(d) Silver birds.
2. What is Tyson wearing when Percy steps into the cabin they share?
(a) Gold armor and a red mesh helmet.
(b) A flowered apron and rubber cleaning gloves.
(c) Platinum armor and mesh gloves.
(d) A dented helmet and silver armor.
3. Why does Annabeth believe the room made of huge marble blocks must be near Daedalus's workshop?
(a) Her compass indicates they are near the center.
(b) It seems to be an older part of the Labyrinth.
(c) She can sense the presence of those who have passed through.
(d) She's seen pictures of it.
4. How far do Percy and the others make it into the Labyrinth before they're lost?
(a) A hundred feet.
(b) Three miles.
(c) Eight miles.
(d) A mile.
5. Tyson says Kampe is ____________.
(a) A myth.
(b) The keeper of Alcatraz.
(c) An extinct creature of the underworld.
(d) Cyclopes' worst nightmare.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Percy say is the last thing he wants to do on his summer break?
2. What does Percy throw at Kempe in the final seconds before they rush into the Labyrinth?
3. Where is Nico camping when Percy sees him in the Iris-message?
4. Where does Percy say Mount Olympus is really located?
5. What color is the t-shirt worn by the girl with frizzy red hair?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the dream Percy has about Icarus.
2. Describe how Percy and Annabeth initially find the entrance to the Labyrinth and what happens when they step into it.
3. Who does Hera say can help Annabeth in her quest to find Daedalus? Why does she say this person can help?
4. What does Kampe look like?
5. What is the threat Grover faces from the council regarding his search for Pan?
6. What happens to confuse the travelers almost as soon as they are in the Labyrinth?
7. How many campers are there and what has happened to lessen the number of campers at Camp Half-Blood?
8. Who (and what) is Mrs. O'Leary and what is Percy's reaction when he meets her?
9. What are the details Percy discovers about Nico from the first Iris-message Percy receives?
10. What are the items Percy packs for the trip into the Labyrinth?
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)