|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Annabeth recognize that they have ended up in Alcatraz?
(a) She's been there on a school trip.
(b) She's seen photos.
(c) She sees a sign.
(d) She hears a tourist say so.
2. What does Percy see beside the fountain after the brilliant light lights up the room?
(a) A milkman.
(c) A woman.
(d) The ghost of Christmas past.
3. What does Percy believe Paul might do if he knew the truth about Percy?
(a) Call him a liar.
(d) Run away screaming.
4. What time does Chiron say the group will enter the Labyrinth?
(a) At dawn.
(b) At midnight.
(c) At sundown.
(d) A noon.
5. How many hands does Briares have?
(a) A hundred.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the two tools that have fallen out of the wooden crate in Percy's dream?
2. What is the name of the ranch where Percy and the others meet Eurytion?
3. Why does Annabeth believe the room made of huge marble blocks must be near Daedalus's workshop?
4. What is Eurytion's job?
5. How long does Annabeth say she's wanted to lead a quest?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the details Percy discovers about Nico from the first Iris-message Percy receives?
2. What is Nico doing when Percy sees him in the vision in the fountain in Chapter 5?
3. What does Kampe look like?
4. What does Percy reveal to Rachel about himself, how does he explain why she can see things others can't, and what is her reaction?
5. Whom does Annabeth choose to go with her on her quest? Why is her choice questioned? What does she say to defend her choices?
6. Who does Hera say can help Annabeth in her quest to find Daedalus? Why does she say this person can help?
7. What does Grover say about monsters fading away? What does Tyson argue on that topic?
8. What happens to confuse the travelers almost as soon as they are in the Labyrinth?
9. Briefly describe the dream Percy has about an old man, a king, and a boy in Chapter 4.
10. Who (and what) is Mrs. O'Leary and what is Percy's reaction when he meets her?
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)