|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Percy's dream, an old man has made a set of wings from what metal?
2. What does the cheerleader call Percy?
(a) Stuff, meaning sophomore.
(b) Fish, meaning freshman.
(c) Soph, meaning sophomore.
(d) Fresh, meaning freshman.
3. How much water is in the three-tiered fountain in the center of a room where Percy and the others stop?
(a) More than Percy has seen before.
(c) Three or four gallons.
(d) Hundreds of gallons.
4. What does Percy say is the last thing he wants to do on his summer break?
(a) Spend time with his mom.
(b) Attend orientation.
(c) Go to camp.
(d) Blow up another school.
5. Where did Percy believe Rachel probably lived?
(a) Near the subway.
(b) Near Glendale.
(c) Near Hoover Dam.
(d) Near the Empire State Building.
Short Answer Questions
1. The campers participate in a game in which they are supposed to do two things. They are to collect the gold laurels and _______________.
2. How many hands does Briares have?
3. What time does Chiron say the group will enter the Labyrinth?
4. What do Percy and the others have for breakfast the night after Percy's dream about Icarus?
5. What is Rachel's middle name?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the dream Percy has about Icarus.
2. What happens to confuse the travelers almost as soon as they are in the Labyrinth?
3. Why does Percy want to enter the school through a side door and what does he find there?
4. Describe Janus and what does he try to make Annabeth do?
5. What does Percy reveal to Rachel about himself, how does he explain why she can see things others can't, and what is her reaction?
6. Who are the people in Percy's dream at the beginning of Chapter 5? Why does the dream come to an end?
7. Whom does Annabeth choose to go with her on her quest? Why is her choice questioned? What does she say to defend her choices?
8. Describe how Percy and Annabeth initially find the entrance to the Labyrinth and what happens when they step into it.
9. Describe how the group gets away from Kampe.
10. Who (and what) is Mrs. O'Leary and what is Percy's reaction when he meets her?
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)