|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Percy realize the two-faced man wants from Annabeth?
(a) He wants her to choose.
(b) He wants her to answer a riddle.
(c) He wants her to set him free.
(d) He wants her to pay a toll.
2. What does Tyson make when he and Percy go to Beckendorf's forge?
(a) A telescoping sword.
(b) A flaming double-bladed war axe.
(c) A magic silver medallion.
(d) A golden compass.
3. What time does Chiron say the group will enter the Labyrinth?
(a) At sundown.
(b) At dawn.
(c) A noon.
(d) At midnight.
4. Where does Percy say Mount Olympus is really located?
(a) In Africa.
(b) Over the Empire State Building.
(c) Under a Los Angeles subway.
(d) Under the Pacific Ocean.
5. Who is Malcolm?
(a) One of Percy's best friends.
(b) One of Annabeth's half-brothers.
(c) An activities director at the camp.
(d) Grover's uncle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Tyson wearing when Percy steps into the cabin they share?
2. Which of the following is NOT written on the mysterious crates in the sword arena?
3. Where is Nico camping when Percy sees him in the Iris-message?
4. Why does Quintus say Percy can use the whistle to summon Mrs. O'Leary only once?
5. How many hands does Briares have?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are the people in Percy's dream at the beginning of Chapter 5? Why does the dream come to an end?
2. How many campers are there and what has happened to lessen the number of campers at Camp Half-Blood?
3. Why does Percy say half-bloods try not to use cell phones?
4. What happens to confuse the travelers almost as soon as they are in the Labyrinth?
5. Briefly describe the dream Percy has about an old man, a king, and a boy in Chapter 4.
6. Describe how Percy and Annabeth initially find the entrance to the Labyrinth and what happens when they step into it.
7. Who does Hera say can help Annabeth in her quest to find Daedalus? Why does she say this person can help?
8. What does Kampe look like?
9. What does Percy reveal to Rachel about himself, how does he explain why she can see things others can't, and what is her reaction?
10. Describe the dream Percy has about Icarus.
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)