Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Rachel's middle name?
2. Why does Annabeth recognize that they have ended up in Alcatraz?
(a) She hears a tourist say so.
(b) She's been there on a school trip.
(c) She's seen photos.
(d) She sees a sign.
3. How many arrows does Lee say were shot into the dragon that tried to attack the camp?
(c) Two hundred.
(d) A hundred.
4. What are the two tools that have fallen out of the wooden crate in Percy's dream?
(a) A paint scraper and a level.
(b) A compass and a saw.
(c) A prybar and a wrench.
(d) A hammer and a screwdriver.
5. What is the one thing Theseus says that helped him survive the Labyrinth?
(a) Ariadne's string.
(b) The gods.
(c) The love of a mortal girl.
(d) His desire for revenge.
6. Tyson says Kampe is ____________.
(a) A myth.
(b) The keeper of Alcatraz.
(c) Cyclopes' worst nightmare.
(d) An extinct creature of the underworld.
7. What are the two words written on the walls that are covered with graffiti?
(a) Moz Rulz.
(b) Cyclops Beware.
(c) Help Me.
(d) Go Home.
8. Why does Briares say he can't escape even after Tyson breaks the door to his prison cell?
(a) He has nowhere to go.
(b) He pledged to remain in the cell.
(c) Kampe will punish him.
(d) He has no legs.
9. What does Briares say happened to his brothers?
(a) They are waiting at Olympus.
(b) They faded.
(c) They have become cowards and are hidden away.
(d) They are prisoners of Kampe.
10. What does the king say Icarus and his father look like with their wings attached?
(a) Silver birds.
(b) Metal chickens.
(c) Golden geese.
(d) Golden canaries.
11. What is the name of Luke's sword?
12. Percy compares the sleeping Tyson to ___________.
(a) A tranquilized elephant.
(b) A train.
(c) An alert gazelle.
(d) A sleeping pig.
13. How does Percy know they are discussing something very serious during the war council called by Chiron?
(a) Annabeth tells him.
(b) Argus is there.
(c) Everyone is quiet.
(d) Because of his dream.
14. In Percy's dream, an old man has made a set of wings from what metal?
15. Why does Quintus say Percy can use the whistle to summon Mrs. O'Leary only once?
(a) It will shatter when it's used.
(b) Mrs. O'Leary will only come once.
(c) It's magic.
(d) He doesn't say that.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Percy's dream, how long does the man say he needs in order to correctly attach the wings?
2. Where did Percy believe Rachel probably lived?
3. What is the scene created by mosaic tiles in one of the rooms?
4. Why does Annabeth believe the room made of huge marble blocks must be near Daedalus's workshop?
5. Who wins the game and collects the gold laurels?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)