|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wins the game and collects the gold laurels?
2. How does Percy know they are discussing something very serious during the war council called by Chiron?
(a) Everyone is quiet.
(b) Annabeth tells him.
(c) Because of his dream.
(d) Argus is there.
3. Who hits Kampe in the chest with a pole?
4. How many faces does Briares have?
(d) A hundred.
5. In Percy's dream, how long does the man say he needs in order to correctly attach the wings?
(a) He doesn't say.
(b) A day.
(c) Twenty minutes.
(d) An hour.
6. What does the cheerleader call Percy?
(a) Stuff, meaning sophomore.
(b) Fish, meaning freshman.
(c) Fresh, meaning freshman.
(d) Soph, meaning sophomore.
7. How much water is in the three-tiered fountain in the center of a room where Percy and the others stop?
(a) Three or four gallons.
(c) Hundreds of gallons.
(d) More than Percy has seen before.
8. What is Eurytion's job?
(a) Cow herder.
(b) Guard for Olympus.
(d) Keeper of the Labyrinth gate.
9. What does Percy realize the two-faced man wants from Annabeth?
(a) He wants her to pay a toll.
(b) He wants her to set him free.
(c) He wants her to answer a riddle.
(d) He wants her to choose.
10. What game does Percy play with Briares as a means of getting him to leave the cell?
(a) Rock, paper, scissors.
(c) Twenty questions.
(d) Tic, tac, toe.
11. What does Tyson make when he and Percy go to Beckendorf's forge?
(a) A magic silver medallion.
(b) A flaming double-bladed war axe.
(c) A golden compass.
(d) A telescoping sword.
12. How many hands does Briares have?
(d) A hundred.
13. What does Percy throw at Kempe in the final seconds before they rush into the Labyrinth?
(a) His shield.
(b) A tourist.
(c) A Dippin' Dots stand.
(d) A ball of fire.
14. What is Rachel's middle name?
15. What was the item that guided Theseus out of the maze of the Labyrinth?
(a) Zeus's golden arrow.
(b) Loki's silver compass.
(c) Ariadne's string.
(d) Hermes' emerald wand.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Percy say the marching band sounds like?
2. Why does Annabeth recognize that they have ended up in Alcatraz?
3. What is the four-story farmhouse at the camp called?
4. What does Grover say he smells while they are evaluating the milkman's skeleton?
5. Why do Grover and Tyson say the group should take the tunnel to the left when they have to make a choice?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)