|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the king say Icarus and his father look like with their wings attached?
(a) Golden canaries.
(b) Metal chickens.
(c) Golden geese.
(d) Silver birds.
2. How far do Percy and the others make it into the Labyrinth before they're lost?
(a) A mile.
(b) A hundred feet.
(c) Eight miles.
(d) Three miles.
3. Why does Annabeth recognize that they have ended up in Alcatraz?
(a) She sees a sign.
(b) She's been there on a school trip.
(c) She hears a tourist say so.
(d) She's seen photos.
4. What does Tyson make when he and Percy go to Beckendorf's forge?
(a) A telescoping sword.
(b) A flaming double-bladed war axe.
(c) A golden compass.
(d) A magic silver medallion.
5. What is Kampe holding when she emerges onto the prison yard in pursuit of Percy and the others?
(a) Two swords.
(b) A silver bow and arrow.
(c) A metal spider.
(d) A key.
6. Who is Nico's father?
7. What does Percy realize Nico is trying to do?
(a) Rescue his sister from a kidnapper.
(b) Arrange for his sister's marriage.
(c) Buy his sister a present.
(d) Bring his sister back from the dead.
8. Who is Malcolm?
(a) Grover's uncle.
(b) An activities director at the camp.
(c) One of Annabeth's half-brothers.
(d) One of Percy's best friends.
9. What is the scene created by mosaic tiles in one of the rooms?
(a) The gods building Mount Olympus.
(b) The gods dancing in the rain.
(c) The gods at a feast.
(d) The gods with their families.
10. What is the young guardian dragon doing when Percy and Annabeth arrive at the camp entrance?
(a) He's dead.
(b) Flying circles around a tree.
(c) Roasting marshmallows.
11. Tyson says Kampe is ____________.
(a) An extinct creature of the underworld.
(b) Cyclopes' worst nightmare.
(c) A myth.
(d) The keeper of Alcatraz.
12. What does Percy say is the last thing he wants to do on his summer break?
(a) Go to camp.
(b) Attend orientation.
(c) Spend time with his mom.
(d) Blow up another school.
13. What does Hera give the children to eat?
(a) Fruit and ambrosia.
(b) Sandwiches and lemonade.
(c) Nectar and a kind of fruit salad.
14. What does Percy realize the two-faced man wants from Annabeth?
(a) He wants her to choose.
(b) He wants her to set him free.
(c) He wants her to pay a toll.
(d) He wants her to answer a riddle.
15. What is the name of the ranch where Percy and the others meet Eurytion?
(a) Biting Horse.
(b) Crazy E's.
(c) Triple G.
(d) Red Cow.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Tyson's partner for the game?
2. Who hits Kampe in the chest with a pole?
3. Hera is the queen of ___________.
4. What does Percy say the marching band sounds like?
5. What game does Percy play with Briares as a means of getting him to leave the cell?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)