|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Percy throw at Kempe in the final seconds before they rush into the Labyrinth?
(a) A tourist.
(b) His shield.
(c) A Dippin' Dots stand.
(d) A ball of fire.
2. Tyson says Kampe is ____________.
(a) The keeper of Alcatraz.
(b) A myth.
(c) Cyclopes' worst nightmare.
(d) An extinct creature of the underworld.
3. What do Percy and the others have for breakfast the night after Percy's dream about Icarus?
(b) Granola bars and juice boxes.
(c) Peanut butter sandwiches and lemonade.
(d) Ambrosia and nectar.
4. In Percy's dream, an old man has made a set of wings from what metal?
5. How many faces does Briares have?
(b) A hundred.
6. What does Percy realize the two-faced man wants from Annabeth?
(a) He wants her to choose.
(b) He wants her to set him free.
(c) He wants her to answer a riddle.
(d) He wants her to pay a toll.
7. What are the two tools that have fallen out of the wooden crate in Percy's dream?
(a) A paint scraper and a level.
(b) A compass and a saw.
(c) A hammer and a screwdriver.
(d) A prybar and a wrench.
8. What is the name of Luke's sword?
9. Which of the following is NOT written on the mysterious crates in the sword arena?
(a) This Side Up.
(c) Live cargo.
(d) Triple G Ranch.
10. The campers participate in a game in which they are supposed to do two things. They are to collect the gold laurels and _______________.
(a) Kill some scorpions.
(b) Collect fairy dust.
(c) Hide from the other teams.
(d) Keep from dying.
11. What does Percy's mom's boyfriend teach?
(b) Greek mythology.
12. What does the cheerleader call Percy?
(a) Soph, meaning sophomore.
(b) Stuff, meaning sophomore.
(c) Fresh, meaning freshman.
(d) Fish, meaning freshman.
13. What was the item that guided Theseus out of the maze of the Labyrinth?
(a) Hermes' emerald wand.
(b) Ariadne's string.
(c) Zeus's golden arrow.
(d) Loki's silver compass.
14. Who tells Percy that Juniper is Grover's girlfriend?
15. What is beside the skeleton Annabeth identifies as a milkman?
(a) A box filled with charms.
(b) A map.
(c) A dead Satyr.
(d) A wooden crate with glass bottles.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many hands does Briares have?
2. What is the scene created by mosaic tiles in one of the rooms?
3. What does Tyson make when he and Percy go to Beckendorf's forge?
4. What is Tyson wearing when Percy steps into the cabin they share?
5. What does Briares say happened to his brothers?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)