|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much water is in the three-tiered fountain in the center of a room where Percy and the others stop?
(a) More than Percy has seen before.
(c) Hundreds of gallons.
(d) Three or four gallons.
2. Which of the following is NOT written on the mysterious crates in the sword arena?
(a) Triple G Ranch.
(b) This Side Up.
(d) Live cargo.
3. Who wins the game and collects the gold laurels?
4. What is the one thing Theseus says that helped him survive the Labyrinth?
(a) His desire for revenge.
(b) The gods.
(c) The love of a mortal girl.
(d) Ariadne's string.
5. Whom does Percy encounter as soon as he steps out of the school and into the alley?
(b) A police officer.
6. What is the name of the ranch where Percy and the others meet Eurytion?
(a) Biting Horse.
(b) Triple G.
(c) Red Cow.
(d) Crazy E's.
7. Percy compares the sleeping Tyson to ___________.
(a) An alert gazelle.
(b) A tranquilized elephant.
(c) A train.
(d) A sleeping pig.
8. What does Briares say happened to his brothers?
(a) They are waiting at Olympus.
(b) They have become cowards and are hidden away.
(c) They faded.
(d) They are prisoners of Kampe.
9. Who is Malcolm?
(a) Grover's uncle.
(b) One of Percy's best friends.
(c) One of Annabeth's half-brothers.
(d) An activities director at the camp.
10. What do Percy and the others have for breakfast the night after Percy's dream about Icarus?
(a) Granola bars and juice boxes.
(c) Ambrosia and nectar.
(d) Peanut butter sandwiches and lemonade.
11. What game does Percy play with Briares as a means of getting him to leave the cell?
(a) Tic, tac, toe.
(b) Rock, paper, scissors.
(c) Twenty questions.
12. What is written on Rachel's t-shirt?
(a) Harvard Art Dept.
(b) Goode High School Band.
(c) Peace Out.
(d) Don't hate me because I'm pretty.
13. What does Percy see beside the fountain after the brilliant light lights up the room?
(b) The ghost of Christmas past.
(c) A woman.
(d) A milkman.
14. What is the scene created by mosaic tiles in one of the rooms?
(a) The gods at a feast.
(b) The gods with their families.
(c) The gods building Mount Olympus.
(d) The gods dancing in the rain.
15. Why does Annabeth believe the room made of huge marble blocks must be near Daedalus's workshop?
(a) Her compass indicates they are near the center.
(b) She can sense the presence of those who have passed through.
(c) It seems to be an older part of the Labyrinth.
(d) She's seen pictures of it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hera is the queen of ___________.
2. What does Tyson make when he and Percy go to Beckendorf's forge?
3. What does the cheerleader call Percy?
4. Who hits Kampe in the chest with a pole?
5. What does Percy say the marching band sounds like?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)