|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who hits Kampe in the chest with a pole?
2. What does Hera give the children to eat?
(a) Fruit and ambrosia.
(c) Sandwiches and lemonade.
(d) Nectar and a kind of fruit salad.
3. What game does Percy play with Briares as a means of getting him to leave the cell?
(a) Rock, paper, scissors.
(b) Twenty questions.
(c) Tic, tac, toe.
4. What are the two tools that have fallen out of the wooden crate in Percy's dream?
(a) A compass and a saw.
(b) A hammer and a screwdriver.
(c) A paint scraper and a level.
(d) A prybar and a wrench.
5. How many arrows does Lee say were shot into the dragon that tried to attack the camp?
(b) A hundred.
(c) Two hundred.
6. Where did Percy believe Rachel probably lived?
(a) Near the subway.
(b) Near Glendale.
(c) Near Hoover Dam.
(d) Near the Empire State Building.
7. Whom does Percy encounter as soon as he steps out of the school and into the alley?
(b) A police officer.
8. Which of the following is NOT written on the mysterious crates in the sword arena?
(b) Triple G Ranch.
(c) Live cargo.
(d) This Side Up.
9. Who is Malcolm?
(a) One of Percy's best friends.
(b) Grover's uncle.
(c) An activities director at the camp.
(d) One of Annabeth's half-brothers.
10. How far do Percy and the others make it into the Labyrinth before they're lost?
(a) Eight miles.
(b) A mile.
(c) Three miles.
(d) A hundred feet.
11. What is Eurytion's job?
(a) Keeper of the Labyrinth gate.
(b) Cow herder.
(c) Guard for Olympus.
12. Why does Quintus say Percy can use the whistle to summon Mrs. O'Leary only once?
(a) Mrs. O'Leary will only come once.
(b) It's magic.
(c) He doesn't say that.
(d) It will shatter when it's used.
13. What does Percy realize Nico is trying to do?
(a) Rescue his sister from a kidnapper.
(b) Arrange for his sister's marriage.
(c) Bring his sister back from the dead.
(d) Buy his sister a present.
14. How does Percy know they are discussing something very serious during the war council called by Chiron?
(a) Annabeth tells him.
(b) Everyone is quiet.
(c) Because of his dream.
(d) Argus is there.
15. Why does Annabeth believe the room made of huge marble blocks must be near Daedalus's workshop?
(a) It seems to be an older part of the Labyrinth.
(b) She's seen pictures of it.
(c) She can sense the presence of those who have passed through.
(d) Her compass indicates they are near the center.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hera is the queen of ___________.
2. What does Grover do with the straw he pulls from his backpack as they gather to camp?
3. What is the scene created by mosaic tiles in one of the rooms?
4. How much longer do members of the council give Grover to locate Pan?
5. What does Percy see beside the fountain after the brilliant light lights up the room?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)