|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the young guardian dragon doing when Percy and Annabeth arrive at the camp entrance?
(b) He's dead.
(c) Roasting marshmallows.
(d) Flying circles around a tree.
2. Why does Annabeth believe the room made of huge marble blocks must be near Daedalus's workshop?
(a) Her compass indicates they are near the center.
(b) It seems to be an older part of the Labyrinth.
(c) She's seen pictures of it.
(d) She can sense the presence of those who have passed through.
3. What does Tyson make when he and Percy go to Beckendorf's forge?
(a) A magic silver medallion.
(b) A flaming double-bladed war axe.
(c) A golden compass.
(d) A telescoping sword.
4. What does Percy say is the last thing he wants to do on his summer break?
(a) Blow up another school.
(b) Spend time with his mom.
(c) Attend orientation.
(d) Go to camp.
5. Who is Malcolm?
(a) Grover's uncle.
(b) One of Annabeth's half-brothers.
(c) An activities director at the camp.
(d) One of Percy's best friends.
6. What is the name of Luke's sword?
7. In Percy's dream, how long does the man say he needs in order to correctly attach the wings?
(a) An hour.
(b) A day.
(c) Twenty minutes.
(d) He doesn't say.
8. What does the cheerleader call Percy?
(a) Fish, meaning freshman.
(b) Stuff, meaning sophomore.
(c) Fresh, meaning freshman.
(d) Soph, meaning sophomore.
9. What does Percy realize Nico is trying to do?
(a) Buy his sister a present.
(b) Arrange for his sister's marriage.
(c) Bring his sister back from the dead.
(d) Rescue his sister from a kidnapper.
10. What was the item that guided Theseus out of the maze of the Labyrinth?
(a) Hermes' emerald wand.
(b) Ariadne's string.
(c) Zeus's golden arrow.
(d) Loki's silver compass.
11. What does Percy's mom's boyfriend teach?
(a) Greek mythology.
12. Percy compares the sleeping Tyson to ___________.
(a) A sleeping pig.
(b) A train.
(c) A tranquilized elephant.
(d) An alert gazelle.
13. Where does Percy say Mount Olympus is really located?
(a) Under a Los Angeles subway.
(b) Under the Pacific Ocean.
(c) In Africa.
(d) Over the Empire State Building.
14. What does Percy say the marching band sounds like?
(a) A bunch of trash can lids falling down a flight of stairs.
(b) A second-rate British band.
(c) A three-member orchestra.
(d) A bag of cats being hit with a baseball bat.
15. What does Percy bring Blackjack the Pegasus when he visits?
(a) Sugar cubes.
(b) An apple.
(c) A snowcone.
(d) A ball of twine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the scene created by mosaic tiles in one of the rooms?
2. How often do the rooster ponies lay eggs?
3. Who is Nico's father?
4. In Percy's vision, what is beside Nico's feet in the graveyard?
5. Whom does Percy encounter as soon as he steps out of the school and into the alley?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)