|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Percy believe Paul might do if he knew the truth about Percy?
(a) Run away screaming.
(c) Call him a liar.
2. What is the four-story farmhouse at the camp called?
(a) The Dragon House.
(b) The Farm House.
(c) The Lair.
(d) The Big House.
3. Whom does Percy encounter as soon as he steps out of the school and into the alley?
(c) A police officer.
4. What is written on Rachel's t-shirt?
(a) Don't hate me because I'm pretty.
(b) Harvard Art Dept.
(c) Goode High School Band.
(d) Peace Out.
5. What is the name of the ranch where Percy and the others meet Eurytion?
(a) Red Cow.
(b) Biting Horse.
(c) Crazy E's.
(d) Triple G.
6. What is Kampe holding when she emerges onto the prison yard in pursuit of Percy and the others?
(a) A metal spider.
(b) A key.
(c) Two swords.
(d) A silver bow and arrow.
7. What was the item that guided Theseus out of the maze of the Labyrinth?
(a) Zeus's golden arrow.
(b) Loki's silver compass.
(c) Hermes' emerald wand.
(d) Ariadne's string.
8. Why does Quintus say Percy can use the whistle to summon Mrs. O'Leary only once?
(a) Mrs. O'Leary will only come once.
(b) It's magic.
(c) He doesn't say that.
(d) It will shatter when it's used.
9. What does Percy say the Athena cabin looks like?
(a) A neat-freak's domain.
(b) A disaster area.
(c) A workshop for brainiac kids.
(d) A science lab gone horribly wrong.
10. What is the young guardian dragon doing when Percy and Annabeth arrive at the camp entrance?
(b) Roasting marshmallows.
(c) Flying circles around a tree.
(d) He's dead.
11. What does Tyson throw at Kampe while the others are rushing toward the Labyrinth entrance with Briares?
(a) A shield.
(b) A Dippin' Dots stand.
(c) A tourist.
(d) A wrench.
12. Janus is the god of _________.
(a) Death and destruction.
(b) Doorways and choices.
(c) Certainty and leadership.
(d) Freedom and peace.
13. How many hands does Briares have?
(b) A hundred.
14. How does Percy know they are discussing something very serious during the war council called by Chiron?
(a) Argus is there.
(b) Because of his dream.
(c) Everyone is quiet.
(d) Annabeth tells him.
15. How much water is in the three-tiered fountain in the center of a room where Percy and the others stop?
(b) Hundreds of gallons.
(c) Three or four gallons.
(d) More than Percy has seen before.
Short Answer Questions
1. What game does Percy play with Briares as a means of getting him to leave the cell?
2. Who wins the game and collects the gold laurels?
3. How many arrows does Lee say were shot into the dragon that tried to attack the camp?
4. What is the scene created by mosaic tiles in one of the rooms?
5. In Percy's dream, an old man has made a set of wings from what metal?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)