|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Percy realize the two-faced man wants from Annabeth?
(a) He wants her to answer a riddle.
(b) He wants her to set him free.
(c) He wants her to choose.
(d) He wants her to pay a toll.
2. What does the cheerleader call Percy?
(a) Stuff, meaning sophomore.
(b) Soph, meaning sophomore.
(c) Fish, meaning freshman.
(d) Fresh, meaning freshman.
3. In Percy's dream, how long does the man say he needs in order to correctly attach the wings?
(a) An hour.
(b) Twenty minutes.
(c) He doesn't say.
(d) A day.
4. Why do Grover and Tyson say the group should take the tunnel to the left when they have to make a choice?
(a) They remember seeing a map.
(b) Something big is coming from the tunnel to the right.
(c) They believe Hera gave them a clue.
(d) They see clues on the walls.
5. What does Briares say happened to his brothers?
(a) They faded.
(b) They have become cowards and are hidden away.
(c) They are prisoners of Kampe.
(d) They are waiting at Olympus.
6. Janus is the god of _________.
(a) Death and destruction.
(b) Doorways and choices.
(c) Freedom and peace.
(d) Certainty and leadership.
7. Why does Annabeth believe the room made of huge marble blocks must be near Daedalus's workshop?
(a) She can sense the presence of those who have passed through.
(b) She's seen pictures of it.
(c) Her compass indicates they are near the center.
(d) It seems to be an older part of the Labyrinth.
8. What is the name of the ranch where Percy and the others meet Eurytion?
(a) Crazy E's.
(b) Biting Horse.
(c) Triple G.
(d) Red Cow.
9. What is Eurytion's job?
(a) Keeper of the Labyrinth gate.
(b) Guard for Olympus.
(c) Cow herder.
10. Who is Malcolm?
(a) An activities director at the camp.
(b) One of Annabeth's half-brothers.
(c) One of Percy's best friends.
(d) Grover's uncle.
11. Who is waiting in front of the school when Percy and his mom arrive?
(a) A cyclops.
(b) The principal.
(c) Paul Blofis.
(d) A group of cheerleaders.
12. What does Tyson make when he and Percy go to Beckendorf's forge?
(a) A golden compass.
(b) A flaming double-bladed war axe.
(c) A telescoping sword.
(d) A magic silver medallion.
13. What are the two tools that have fallen out of the wooden crate in Percy's dream?
(a) A paint scraper and a level.
(b) A compass and a saw.
(c) A prybar and a wrench.
(d) A hammer and a screwdriver.
14. What color is the cow Percy sees through the grate?
15. What is the young guardian dragon doing when Percy and Annabeth arrive at the camp entrance?
(a) Flying circles around a tree.
(c) He's dead.
(d) Roasting marshmallows.
Short Answer Questions
1. How often do the rooster ponies lay eggs?
2. What does Percy see beside the fountain after the brilliant light lights up the room?
3. What is beside the skeleton Annabeth identifies as a milkman?
4. Who is Tyson's partner for the game?
5. Who is Nico's father?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)