|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Percy compares the sleeping Tyson to ___________.
(a) A sleeping pig.
(b) A train.
(c) A tranquilized elephant.
(d) An alert gazelle.
2. What does Percy realize the two-faced man wants from Annabeth?
(a) He wants her to pay a toll.
(b) He wants her to choose.
(c) He wants her to set him free.
(d) He wants her to answer a riddle.
3. What does Percy believe Paul might do if he knew the truth about Percy?
(a) Call him a liar.
(d) Run away screaming.
4. How much water is in the three-tiered fountain in the center of a room where Percy and the others stop?
(a) More than Percy has seen before.
(c) Hundreds of gallons.
(d) Three or four gallons.
5. In Percy's vision, what is beside Nico's feet in the graveyard?
(a) A Wal-Mart bag.
(b) A bottle of water.
(c) A large red wagon.
(d) A phone.
6. Where did Percy believe Rachel probably lived?
(a) Near the Empire State Building.
(b) Near Glendale.
(c) Near Hoover Dam.
(d) Near the subway.
7. What does Hera give the children to eat?
(a) Fruit and ambrosia.
(b) Nectar and a kind of fruit salad.
(c) Sandwiches and lemonade.
8. Who wins the game and collects the gold laurels?
9. What is Tyson wearing when Percy steps into the cabin they share?
(a) A flowered apron and rubber cleaning gloves.
(b) Platinum armor and mesh gloves.
(c) Gold armor and a red mesh helmet.
(d) A dented helmet and silver armor.
10. Which of the following is NOT written on the mysterious crates in the sword arena?
(a) Live cargo.
(b) Triple G Ranch.
(c) This Side Up.
11. What does Grover do with the straw he pulls from his backpack as they gather to camp?
(a) Starts a fire.
(b) Eats it all.
(c) Eats some and uses the rest for a pillow.
(d) Makes beds for all of them.
12. In Percy's dream, an old man has made a set of wings from what metal?
13. What does Percy say is the last thing he wants to do on his summer break?
(a) Attend orientation.
(b) Go to camp.
(c) Blow up another school.
(d) Spend time with his mom.
14. Why does Annabeth believe the room made of huge marble blocks must be near Daedalus's workshop?
(a) She's seen pictures of it.
(b) Her compass indicates they are near the center.
(c) She can sense the presence of those who have passed through.
(d) It seems to be an older part of the Labyrinth.
15. Who is Tyson's partner for the game?
Short Answer Questions
1. What game does Percy play with Briares as a means of getting him to leave the cell?
2. What is the scene created by mosaic tiles in one of the rooms?
3. Who is Nico's father?
4. What is the name of the ranch where Percy and the others meet Eurytion?
5. Who hits Kampe in the chest with a pole?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)