• As the story opens, Percy Jackson is being dropped at his new high school by his mom. Percy is to attend orientation but sees a girl, Rachel Dare, he knows, and goes in a side door.
• Percy is met by a pair of cheerleaders at the side door and thinks there's something strange but doesn't know what.
• Percy winds up near Rachel at orientation and she suddenly tells him to run.
• Percy and Rachel run and Percy soon discovers Rachel can see through the Mist that keeps most people from seeing monsters as they really are.
• Percy and Rachel clash with the cheerleaders, who are really monsters, in the band room.
• Percy reveals to Rachel that he's a demigod, and Rachel urges him to run away while she stays to face the consequences of the fire that was part of the brief battle.
• Percy meets up...
This section contains 1,157 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)