|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Biagio seem to indicate is the main reason for the Baron's death?
2. For what reason has Cosimo found that Ottimo Massimo does not come back often?
3. Why does Cosimo finally have to pay attention to life again?
4. Who has written Father Sulpicio about revolutionary ideas?
5. Where does Cosimo send three French soldiers who have come through the woods?
Essay Topic 1
The lesson Cosimo learns in chapter fourteen is that a problem that unites people is a powerful force for good as long as it exists.
1. What do you think is meant by this statement? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
2. Do you think uniting people for a bad reason can be as powerful as for good? Why or why not?
3. If you had a task to do that would require a group to finish it, how would you go about organizing and inspiring them?
Essay Topic 2
The most valuable lesson Cosimo learns from the eccentric recluse, the Cavalier, is the importance of guarding himself against the loneliness to which his recent trend toward isolation might possibly lead.
1. Why do you think Cosimo might learn this lesson from the Cavalier? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
2. How are the Cavalier and Cosimo similar and dissimilar in their interactions with other people? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
3. In what ways do you think loneliness would happen in Cosimo's life?
Essay Topic 3
The Baron, has lost hope that his eldest son, Cosimo, will follow exactly the path of nobility he hoped he would.
1. Cosimo is obviously not doing what his father wants him to do. Do you think this makes him a bad child? Why or why not?
2. If your mother or father wanted you to enter a career field you didn't want, what would you do? How would you tell your parent?
3. Do you think children should have as much freedom at Cosimo's age as he does? Why or why not?
This section contains 2,146 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)