Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Biagio seem to indicate is the main reason for the Baron's death?
2. For what reason has Cosimo found that Ottimo Massimo does not come back often?
3. Why does Cosimo finally have to pay attention to life again?
4. Who has written Father Sulpicio about revolutionary ideas?
5. Where does Cosimo send three French soldiers who have come through the woods?
Essay Topic 1
In the trees, he and the boys are quite able to exist as equals, on the ground the boys return to sad, filthy places to be scolded and beaten by mothers who refuse to feed them if they have not been able to steal enough to feed themselves. This is the beginning of social awareness in young Cosimo.
1. How do you think Cosimo's beliefs about the world changes when he follows the boys home? Use examples from the text to support your answer.
2. Why do you think a rich boy like Cosimo has never seen or known how poor people live? Do you think this situation exist today? Why or why not?
3. How do you think wealthy people in the United States might change if they lived in the poorer part of town for a year?
Essay Topic 2
When the men approach the spot, he will make them think they are surrounded by armed men and so scare them all away and make his uncle think he has been exposed. Thereby, he will end their association without having to actually expose his uncle.
1. When Cosimo set up his plan he did not intend to hurt his uncle. Do you think he should be blamed for the Cavalier's death? Why or why not?
2. What would you do if a friend or relative of yours was helping criminals? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Both Viola and Cosimo are idealists, but with such fundamentally disparate ideals they can never be compatible unless one of them is willing to open themselves to adopting the other's point of view.
1. Who do you think would have an easier time changing, Viola or Cosimo? Why?
2. Do you think it is wise for someone to give up beliefs in order to be with someone? Why or why not?
3. Do you think either Viola or Cosimo is the most right in their last arguments? Why?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)