|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the girl on the horse go?
2. What happens to Cosimo when Viola leaves?
3. What army came in and almost arrested Battista and her husband?
4. What role does Cosimo slip into with the Spaniards?
5. How has Viola being in the trees changed the atmosphere in the trees?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When the men approach the spot, he will make them think they are surrounded by armed men and so scare them all away and make his uncle think he has been exposed. Thereby, he will end their association without having to actually expose his uncle.
1. When Cosimo set up his plan he did not intend to hurt his uncle. Do you think he should be blamed for the Cavalier's death? Why or why not?
2. What would you do if a friend or relative of yours was helping criminals? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Cosimo holds ideals with more fervor than he does love.
1. What do you think is meant by this statement? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
2. What ideal that you hold means so much to you that you would give up love for it? Why or why not would you do that?
3. Do you think beliefs are worth giving up love for? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Biagio and Cosimo are left to identify their priorities and moralities on their own, basing them on the way the world appears to them. Their camaraderie is perfect until Biagio does not join Cosimo in his boycott of the meal of snails, and Biagio changes status to astonished observer of Cosimo's single-minded resolve.
1. How do you think Biagio felt when he caved in and ate the snails? Use examples from you book to support your answer.
2. If you were Cosimo would you blame Biagio for eating the snails? Why or why not?
3. Do you think the father was wrong for sending Cosimo from the table? Why or why not?
This section contains 2,133 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)