Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Biagio seem to indicate is the main reason for the Baron's death?
2. For what reason has Cosimo found that Ottimo Massimo does not come back often?
3. Why does Cosimo finally have to pay attention to life again?
4. Who has written Father Sulpicio about revolutionary ideas?
5. Where does Cosimo send three French soldiers who have come through the woods?
This is the chapter containing the recounting of the Baron's decline and eventual death. Sadness over the loss of his half brother, the absence of his daughter as she becomes the wife of a man with a terribly unpleasant family, the fact that Biagio's youth keeps him from being a satisfactory companion and loss of his dream of a noble lifestyle for his family all mean that he declines quickly.
1. Do you think emotional stress and loss can cause someone to sicken and die? Why or why not?
2. Do you think Cosimo should feel some responsibility for his father's death? Why or why not?
3. What do you think Cosimo could have done to help his father more? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
Chapter six resolves the childhood connection Cosimo has had with Viola, and foreshadows the intensity of the admiration he will have for her.
1. What do you think is meant by this statement? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
2. Explain the use of foreshadow in this sentence. Use examples from the book to support your answer.
3. Taking from the first six chapters, why do you think Cosimo admires Viola so much?
The Baron, has lost hope that his eldest son, Cosimo, will follow exactly the path of nobility he hoped he would.
1. Cosimo is obviously not doing what his father wants him to do. Do you think this makes him a bad child? Why or why not?
2. If your mother or father wanted you to enter a career field you didn't want, what would you do? How would you tell your parent?
3. Do you think children should have as much freedom at Cosimo's age as he does? Why or why not?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)