Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Biagio seem to indicate is the main reason for the Baron's death?
2. For what reason has Cosimo found that Ottimo Massimo does not come back often?
3. Why does Cosimo finally have to pay attention to life again?
4. Who has written Father Sulpicio about revolutionary ideas?
5. Where does Cosimo send three French soldiers who have come through the woods?
Essay Topic 1
When the men approach the spot, he will make them think they are surrounded by armed men and so scare them all away and make his uncle think he has been exposed. Thereby, he will end their association without having to actually expose his uncle.
1. When Cosimo set up his plan he did not intend to hurt his uncle. Do you think he should be blamed for the Cavalier's death? Why or why not?
2. What would you do if a friend or relative of yours was helping criminals? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Cosimo's relationship with his mother has ended happily in spite of many problems earlier. Cosimo had time to know his mother as an adult and to be comfortable with her before her death. He was able to resolve differences and say good-bye. Often people don't have this opportunity.
1. Why do you think it was important and helpful for Cosimo to spend so much time with his mother in her last weeks? Use examples from the book and your own life to support your answer.
2. Cosimo had the opportunity to spend time with his mother, though it appears he did not have that with his father. Write a letter from Cosimo to his father saying what you think he might say based on the Cosimo you've seen in the past twenty chapters.
Essay Topic 3
Biagio wants all the more to assure Cosimo of his loyalty despite his remaining on the ground, and so agrees to supply him with everything he requires to set up a more permanent dwelling in the trees.
1. Why do you think Biagio is not joining his brother in the trees? Use examples from the text to support your answer.
2. Do you think Biagio is right or wrong for making it easier for his brother to remain in the trees? Why or why not?
3. What do you think of Cosimo's attempts to pressure his younger brother into helping him?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)