|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Cosimo send three French soldiers who have come through the woods?
2. What color are Ursula's eyes?
3. What is Cosimo's next project after Viola leaves?
4. What does Viola do when she thinks she's not important enough to Cosimo?
5. How does Biagio's story about the Cavalier's death differ from what happened?
Essay Topic 1
In the trees, he and the boys are quite able to exist as equals, on the ground the boys return to sad, filthy places to be scolded and beaten by mothers who refuse to feed them if they have not been able to steal enough to feed themselves. This is the beginning of social awareness in young Cosimo.
1. How do you think Cosimo's beliefs about the world changes when he follows the boys home? Use examples from the text to support your answer.
2. Why do you think a rich boy like Cosimo has never seen or known how poor people live? Do you think this situation exist today? Why or why not?
3. How do you think wealthy people in the United States might change if they lived in the poorer part of town for a year?
Essay Topic 2
The Generalessa has gotten over her initial panic, and she and the Baron decide to take a nonchalant stroll through the garden so they might ignore Cosimo and thereby antagonize him out of the trees.
1. Why do you think Cosimo's parents believe he will come down from the trees because of this behavior? Use examples from the text to support your answer.
2. Do you think Cosimo's parents are irresponsible for leaving him in the tree all night? Why or why not?
3. What would you do if you were Cosimo's parents?
Essay Topic 3
The Baron, has lost hope that his eldest son, Cosimo, will follow exactly the path of nobility he hoped he would.
1. Cosimo is obviously not doing what his father wants him to do. Do you think this makes him a bad child? Why or why not?
2. If your mother or father wanted you to enter a career field you didn't want, what would you do? How would you tell your parent?
3. Do you think children should have as much freedom at Cosimo's age as he does? Why or why not?
This section contains 2,129 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)