Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Biagio seem to indicate is the main reason for the Baron's death?
2. For what reason has Cosimo found that Ottimo Massimo does not come back often?
3. Why does Cosimo finally have to pay attention to life again?
4. Who has written Father Sulpicio about revolutionary ideas?
5. Where does Cosimo send three French soldiers who have come through the woods?
Essay Topic 1
The most valuable lesson Cosimo learns from the eccentric recluse, the Cavalier, is the importance of guarding himself against the loneliness to which his recent trend toward isolation might possibly lead.
1. Why do you think Cosimo might learn this lesson from the Cavalier? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
2. How are the Cavalier and Cosimo similar and dissimilar in their interactions with other people? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
3. In what ways do you think loneliness would happen in Cosimo's life?
Essay Topic 2
The reader may easily suppose, then, that he is a generous and doting lover, and recognizes in each woman, as he does in each of the other people with which he has interacted in the reader's observation, the things that make her valuable and unique, and in so recognizing it, helps her to recognize and celebrate it also.
1. Although this sentence was written about a lover, it can also be applied to any relationship. How do you think a person can make another feel valuable and unique? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
2. Describe a time in your life when you felt valuable and unique. Did you feel that way because of what someone else said or did?
3. Why do you think people in general like to feel valuable and unique? Use examples from the book and your own life to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
When the men approach the spot, he will make them think they are surrounded by armed men and so scare them all away and make his uncle think he has been exposed. Thereby, he will end their association without having to actually expose his uncle.
1. When Cosimo set up his plan he did not intend to hurt his uncle. Do you think he should be blamed for the Cavalier's death? Why or why not?
2. What would you do if a friend or relative of yours was helping criminals? Why?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)