|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cosimo do when Gian de Brughi is captured?
2. How does Cosimo want his brother to prove he can be trusted?
3. What kind of talent does Battista have?
4. What do the townspeople do when Cosimo tells them of the cave?
5. Why does the Baron scold Cosimo?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Cosimo do when he sees the pirates unloading the boats and what happens as a result of his actions?
2. Why does Cosimo begin writing to authors of books he likes?
3. What does Cosimo tell Viola about a decision and what happens when he tells her?
4. What does Cosimo do to impress Viola?
5. Why is Cosimo curious about Gian de Brughi?
6. What do the brigands around town do about Gian de Brughi being in hiding?
7. What does Biagio mourn in chapter four?
8. How does the Count who visits the family feel about Cosimo's choice?
9. Why is Cosimo's mother nicknamed the Generalessa?
10. What do Cosimo's parents want to know about the men Cosimo enlisted for his project?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The lesson Cosimo learns in chapter fourteen is that a problem that unites people is a powerful force for good as long as it exists.
1. What do you think is meant by this statement? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
2. Do you think uniting people for a bad reason can be as powerful as for good? Why or why not?
3. If you had a task to do that would require a group to finish it, how would you go about organizing and inspiring them?
Essay Topic 2
When the men approach the spot, he will make them think they are surrounded by armed men and so scare them all away and make his uncle think he has been exposed. Thereby, he will end their association without having to actually expose his uncle.
1. When Cosimo set up his plan he did not intend to hurt his uncle. Do you think he should be blamed for the Cavalier's death? Why or why not?
2. What would you do if a friend or relative of yours was helping criminals? Why?
Essay Topic 3
The Baron, has lost hope that his eldest son, Cosimo, will follow exactly the path of nobility he hoped he would.
1. Cosimo is obviously not doing what his father wants him to do. Do you think this makes him a bad child? Why or why not?
2. If your mother or father wanted you to enter a career field you didn't want, what would you do? How would you tell your parent?
3. Do you think children should have as much freedom at Cosimo's age as he does? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,274 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)