|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job does Cosimo do for local growers?
2. What do Cosimo and his dog wait patiently for?
3. Who does the Baron confide in and seek advice from?
4. What does Viola offer Cosimo before she goes in the house?
5. Why does the Baron scold Cosimo?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Cosimo stay warm in the trees in the winter?
2. Describe the discussion about trees that takes place at the beginning of chapter ten.
3. What happens when Cosimo's father sends the Cavalier to capture him?
4. What does Cosimo's father request of him when he goes out to see him?
5. What is Cosimo's thoughts concerning the people living below him?
6. Why is Cosimo curious about Gian de Brughi?
7. How does the Count who visits the family feel about Cosimo's choice?
8. What does Biagio reveal about the Cavalier's story?
9. How does Cosimo's first encounter with the fruit thieves happen?
10. Why is Cosimo's mother nicknamed the Generalessa?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Biagio wants all the more to assure Cosimo of his loyalty despite his remaining on the ground, and so agrees to supply him with everything he requires to set up a more permanent dwelling in the trees.
1. Why do you think Biagio is not joining his brother in the trees? Use examples from the text to support your answer.
2. Do you think Biagio is right or wrong for making it easier for his brother to remain in the trees? Why or why not?
3. What do you think of Cosimo's attempts to pressure his younger brother into helping him?
Essay Topic 2
Biagio and Cosimo are left to identify their priorities and moralities on their own, basing them on the way the world appears to them. Their camaraderie is perfect until Biagio does not join Cosimo in his boycott of the meal of snails, and Biagio changes status to astonished observer of Cosimo's single-minded resolve.
1. How do you think Biagio felt when he caved in and ate the snails? Use examples from you book to support your answer.
2. If you were Cosimo would you blame Biagio for eating the snails? Why or why not?
3. Do you think the father was wrong for sending Cosimo from the table? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Revolutionary lifestyle and revolutionary thinking lead to revolution.
1. What do you think is meant by this statement? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
2. Explain why the American Revolution demonstrates this principle.
3. Do you think Cosimo would have developed such revolutionary thinking had he not taken to the trees? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,102 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)