|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cosimo suggest the Cavalier might do?
2. What does Cosimo's mother want to know about his teams?
3. How does the Count that visits feel about Cosimo's life?
4. Why is Biagio worried about Cosimo the night his father spoke with him?
5. Why is Cosimo attempting to catch his uncle with the pirates?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Cosimo's father request of him when he goes out to see him?
2. What does Cosimo do to impress Viola?
3. Describe an activity Cosimo has learned well and that his dog helps him with.
4. What does Battista do to make Cosimo come home and what is the result of her action?
5. What is Cosimo's thoughts concerning the people living below him?
6. Who does Cosimo meet in a neighbor's garden as he explores through the trees?
7. How does Cosimo's mother feel by the evening about Cosimo still being in the trees?
8. Who is Sinforosa?
9. What happens when Cosimo's father sends the Cavalier to capture him?
10. Why does Cosimo talk with the Abbe so much and what happens as the result?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Both Viola and Cosimo are idealists, but with such fundamentally disparate ideals they can never be compatible unless one of them is willing to open themselves to adopting the other's point of view.
1. Who do you think would have an easier time changing, Viola or Cosimo? Why?
2. Do you think it is wise for someone to give up beliefs in order to be with someone? Why or why not?
3. Do you think either Viola or Cosimo is the most right in their last arguments? Why?
Essay Topic 2
The Baron, has lost hope that his eldest son, Cosimo, will follow exactly the path of nobility he hoped he would.
1. Cosimo is obviously not doing what his father wants him to do. Do you think this makes him a bad child? Why or why not?
2. If your mother or father wanted you to enter a career field you didn't want, what would you do? How would you tell your parent?
3. Do you think children should have as much freedom at Cosimo's age as he does? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
When the men approach the spot, he will make them think they are surrounded by armed men and so scare them all away and make his uncle think he has been exposed. Thereby, he will end their association without having to actually expose his uncle.
1. When Cosimo set up his plan he did not intend to hurt his uncle. Do you think he should be blamed for the Cavalier's death? Why or why not?
2. What would you do if a friend or relative of yours was helping criminals? Why?
This section contains 1,177 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)