|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has Cosimo decided to help the townspeople with their tithes to the nobles?
(a) to support the cause of justice and fairness
(b) to show how much he loves them
(c) to get more money
(d) to have fun
2. Why are the young men fleeing into the woods?
(a) to avoid conscription
(b) to avoid taxes
(c) to fight against the army
(d) to find food for their families
3. What do the townspeople begin to do to help Cosimo?
(a) look for another woman for him
(b) listen to him rant
(c) write him poetry
(d) bring him good food
4. What does Cosimo confess when Ursula's father asks about his intentions?
(a) he loves her
(b) he will marry her and come with them
(c) he is just a friend
(d) he doesn't know how he feels
5. What happens when a jealous suitor goes after Cosimo?
(a) he gets grapeshot in his leg
(b) he breaks his ankle
(c) his nose is broken
(d) his arm is broken
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Austrians say about the woods?
2. What gives Cosimo hope that he can find a lover?
3. What is the girl doing while she and Cosimo are talking?
4. Who comes back to Ombrosa with the troops?
5. Where does Cosimo leave the hot air balloon?
Short Essay Questions
1. What army show up in chapter twenty-eight and who is almost arrested by them?
2. What does Biagio say about Viola and Cosimo's relationship?
3. What happens to Cosimo's father in chapter sixteen?
4. What do the townspeople see and say about Viola and Cosimo?
5. What happens to Ottimo Massimo in chapter twenty?
6. Who does Cosimo meet at the Spaniard community that answers his need for love? What happens between them?
7. What does Cosimo do in general about the soldiers wandering around?
8. Where does the girl get her first glimpse of Cosimo and what does she do?
9. What does Cosimo do in specific to the soldiers in the woods?
10. When does Cosimo arrive in Olivabassa and what does he become there?
This section contains 1,056 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)