|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the townspeople know Viola has left for a long absence?
(a) when Cosimo is in the ilex tree
(b) they don't see her white horse
(c) the dog is in the tree
(d) Cosimo quits talking
2. To what does Cosimo change the name of his newspaper by the end of Chapter 26?
(a) Love Gone
(b) Reasonable Vertebrate
(c) Life is Difficult
(d) Man and Reason
3. What does he tell the vintners about the tithes that year?
(a) the nobles will collect nothing
(b) they can spread the payment out
(c) they will double
(d) they can pay late
4. What happens to Cosimo when Viola leaves?
(a) he comes down from the trees
(b) nothing happens
(c) he begins to act like a Baron
(d) he takes leave of his senses
5. What army came in and almost arrested Battista and her husband?
(a) the Republican army
(b) the Austrian army
(c) the Italian army
(d) the English army
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Viola do when she thinks she's not important enough to Cosimo?
2. What do the townspeople call Cosimo?
3. What does Cosimo do that his mother enjoys?
4. What does Biagio think of Cosimo and the girl?
5. How do the townspeople feel about Cosimo and Viola's relationship?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Ottimo Massimo in chapter twenty?
2. What do the townspeople see and say about Viola and Cosimo?
3. What is written about Cosimo's love life in chapter nineteen and how is it described?
4. Where does Cosimo get his first glimpse of the widow that his dog has been visiting and what is she doing when he sees her?
5. What happens to Cosimo's father in chapter sixteen?
6. What does Cosimo do in specific to the soldiers in the woods?
7. How does Cosimo demonstrate his support for justice and fairness in chapter twenty-six?
8. What happens to Cosimo when Viola leaves?
9. What kind of stories does Biagio tell at the beginning of chapter twenty and who has he spoken with about his brother?
10. Who turns up again in Cosimo's life and who is with him?
This section contains 1,175 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)