|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cosimo do that his mother enjoys?
(a) brings his sister home
(b) takes up soldiering
(c) fetch her comforts
(d) marries a strong woman
2. Why is a girl on a horse riding hard across the field for the trees?
(a) two men are chasing her
(b) she has lost control of her horse
(c) she exercising her horse
(d) she ran into a hornet's nest
3. What does Viola want Cosimo to allow?
(a) her frequent trips away
(b) her multiple lovers
(c) not getting married
(d) having children
4. Where does Ottimo Massimo go one day after sniffing the breeze?
(a) to the ocean
(b) to an apple orchard
(c) down the river
(d) across a meadow
5. What does Cosimo challenge the Father to do?
(a) a sword duel
(b) settle their dispute
(c) have a fist fight
(d) tell him more of the church
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of government is established by the new army?
2. How does the Austrian soldiers appear to Cosimo?
3. What do the Spaniards keep doing about their situation?
4. What army came in and almost arrested Battista and her husband?
5. What noise does Cosimo have the people do in the distance surrounding the collection area?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Biagio say about Viola and Cosimo's relationship?
2. How do Cosimo and Viola feel right before they separate?
3. What brings Cosimo out of his depression and what does he do?
4. What do the townspeople see and say about Viola and Cosimo?
5. How does Cosimo feel towards Ursula and what does he tell her father?
6. How does Cosimo set up the protest against tithes?
7. Where does Cosimo get his first glimpse of the widow that his dog has been visiting and what is she doing when he sees her?
8. What happens to the story of the Cavalier's death?
9. What does Cosimo do in specific to the soldiers in the woods?
10. What results from Cosimo convincing Sulpico that he is a Freemason?
This section contains 1,065 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)