|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Cosimo and Prince Andrej find they have in common?
(a) ideals by which they live
(b) not having a girlfriend
(c) liking to live in trees
(d) a great, great uncle on his father's side
2. What does Cosimo see hope for in his dream?
(a) the common people would be fed
(b) the trees would stay forever
(c) war would end
(d) his constitution would be used
3. What role does Cosimo slip into with the Spaniards?
(a) a protector
(b) a favorite son
(c) a teacher
(d) a bringer of revolution
4. What happens to Cosimo when Viola leaves?
(a) he comes down from the trees
(b) he takes leave of his senses
(c) nothing happens
(d) he begins to act like a Baron
5. What does Cosimo claim to be to the group?
(a) a married man
(b) an atheist
(c) a Freemason
(d) a monk
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Cosimo doing for long periods of time as an old man?
2. How does it seem the girls who spend the night with Cosimo feel?
3. What happens when a jealous suitor goes after Cosimo?
4. What does Viola want Cosimo to allow?
5. Biagio says Cosimo and Viola's relationship works best when?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Ottimo Massimo in chapter twenty?
2. What is written about Cosimo's love life in chapter nineteen and how is it described?
3. Where does Cosimo get his first glimpse of the widow that his dog has been visiting and what is she doing when he sees her?
4. How does Cosimo demonstrate his support for justice and fairness in chapter twenty-six?
5. Describe the dream Cosimo had in chapter twenty-nine.
6. What results from Cosimo convincing Sulpico that he is a Freemason?
7. What brings Cosimo out of his depression and what does he do?
8. Where does the girl get her first glimpse of Cosimo and what does she do?
9. Who does Cosimo meet after his dream?
10. What does Cosimo do in specific to the soldiers in the woods?
This section contains 1,145 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)