|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What army came in and almost arrested Battista and her husband?
(a) the English army
(b) the Italian army
(c) the Republican army
(d) the Austrian army
2. What does Cosimo claim to be to the group?
(a) an atheist
(b) a married man
(c) a Freemason
(d) a monk
3. What is the girl doing when Cosimo arrives at the garden?
(a) wandering among the fountains
(b) sleeping under a tree
(c) petting his dog in her lap
(d) sitting on a bench
4. Where does Ottimo Massimo go one day after sniffing the breeze?
(a) across a meadow
(b) to an apple orchard
(c) to the ocean
(d) down the river
5. Why does Viola leave?
(a) she has a husband in Paris
(b) she gets bored
(c) she can't get Cosimo to understand her
(d) she has estates she needs to care for
Short Answer Questions
1. With what do the Cossacks come back?
2. Why is Biagio called home?
3. How does Biagio's story about the Cavalier's death differ from what happened?
4. How does Cosimo deal with the threat of the soldiers?
5. How do the townspeople know Viola has left for a long absence?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Cosimo feel towards Ursula and what does he tell her father?
2. What happens to the story of the Cavalier's death?
3. What does Biagio say about Viola and Cosimo's relationship?
4. What does Cosimo do in specific to the soldiers in the woods?
5. What does Biagio say when he reflects on the ideals he and his brother had as youth?
6. Describe the dream Cosimo had in chapter twenty-nine.
7. How does Cosimo demonstrate his support for justice and fairness in chapter twenty-six?
8. How does Cosimo get shot and what does he do during his recovery?
9. What happens to Cosimo when Viola leaves?
10. How does Cosimo die?
This section contains 1,085 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)