|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gives Cosimo hope that he can find a lover?
(a) several women have expressed interest
(b) his mother is arranging his marriage
(c) Viola has returned
(d) a community of Spaniards living in the trees
2. What do the nobles do in response to the collecting problem?
(a) lock themselves in their houses
(b) shoot Cosimo
(c) hang one of every 20 people
(d) burn the village down
3. What role does Cosimo slip into with the Spaniards?
(a) a bringer of revolution
(b) a protector
(c) a favorite son
(d) a teacher
4. What has Cosimo told the Spaniards is his reason for staying in the trees?
(a) he has no home
(b) he likes living above the ground
(c) he would be arrested if he came down
(d) it's his chosen form of protest
5. With what do the Cossacks come back?
(a) Cosimo's brother
(b) a dead deer for meat
(c) dead French soldiers
(d) a stray dog
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens as the result of their argument?
2. What happens when a jealous suitor goes after Cosimo?
3. Why does Cosimo keep the pirate's treasure a secret?
4. Where does Cosimo leave the hot air balloon?
5. How does Cosimo hitch a ride on a hot air balloon?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Cosimo demonstrate his support for justice and fairness in chapter twenty-six?
2. What kind of stories does Biagio tell at the beginning of chapter twenty and who has he spoken with about his brother?
3. What does Cosimo do in general about the soldiers wandering around?
4. What do the townspeople see and say about Viola and Cosimo?
5. Where does Cosimo get his first glimpse of the widow that his dog has been visiting and what is she doing when he sees her?
6. When does Cosimo arrive in Olivabassa and what does he become there?
7. What results from Cosimo convincing Sulpico that he is a Freemason?
8. What does Cosimo do in specific to the soldiers in the woods?
9. What happens to the story of the Cavalier's death?
10. How does Cosimo die?
This section contains 1,077 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)