|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Cosimo feel when Viola is acting capricious or trying to provoke jealousy?
(c) confused and frustrated
2. What does Cosimo do with the French soldiers?
(a) joins their camp
(b) burns their gear
(c) gives them fleas
(d) has birds drop on them
3. Who collects the tithes from the people?
(a) the actuary
(b) the sheriff
(c) the bailiff
(d) the noble
4. What does Viola do when she thinks she's not important enough to Cosimo?
(a) won't let him speak to her
(b) slaps him
(d) withdraws her affection
5. Why does Viola leave?
(a) she has a husband in Paris
(b) she can't get Cosimo to understand her
(c) she has estates she needs to care for
(d) she gets bored
Short Answer Questions
1. How has Viola being in the trees changed the atmosphere in the trees?
2. What does Biagio seem to indicate is the main reason for the Baron's death?
3. Why has Cosimo decided to help the townspeople with their tithes to the nobles?
4. How does Cosimo hitch a ride on a hot air balloon?
5. How do the townspeople feel about Cosimo and Viola's relationship?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Cosimo meet after his dream?
2. What brings Cosimo out of his depression and what does he do?
3. Who turns up again in Cosimo's life and who is with him?
4. Who does Cosimo meet at the Spaniard community that answers his need for love? What happens between them?
5. What does Cosimo do in general about the soldiers wandering around?
6. How does Cosimo spend his time after the army shows up?
7. What is written about Cosimo's love life in chapter nineteen and how is it described?
8. How do Cosimo and Viola feel right before they separate?
9. What results from Cosimo convincing Sulpico that he is a Freemason?
10. Where does the girl get her first glimpse of Cosimo and what does she do?
This section contains 975 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)