|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the girl doing when Cosimo arrives at the garden?
(a) sitting on a bench
(b) wandering among the fountains
(c) sleeping under a tree
(d) petting his dog in her lap
2. How does the Austrian soldiers appear to Cosimo?
(a) kill happy
(c) organized and efficient
(d) well disciplined but with no woods knowledge
3. What is Cosimo doing for long periods of time as an old man?
(a) writing a book
(b) telling stories
(c) talking to his brother
(d) sitting still and silent
4. What do Cosimo and Ursula end up doing?
(b) falling from the trees
(d) getting married
5. What is the girl doing while she and Cosimo are talking?
(a) petting the dog
(b) grooming her horse
(c) wading in a pond
(d) ordering the servants around
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Cosimo feel when Viola is acting capricious or trying to provoke jealousy?
2. What does Viola say Cosimo's idea of love is?
3. How has Viola being in the trees changed the atmosphere in the trees?
4. What do the townspeople begin to do to help Cosimo?
5. Why has Father Don Sulpico reappeared in the area?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Cosimo spend his time after the army shows up?
2. How do Cosimo and Viola feel right before they separate?
3. Where does Cosimo get his first glimpse of the widow that his dog has been visiting and what is she doing when he sees her?
4. What happens to Cosimo's father in chapter sixteen?
5. What happens to Ottimo Massimo in chapter twenty?
6. What does Cosimo do in general about the soldiers wandering around?
7. What kind of stories does Biagio tell at the beginning of chapter twenty and who has he spoken with about his brother?
8. What brings Cosimo out of his depression and what does he do?
9. What does Biagio say about Viola and Cosimo's relationship?
10. What happens to the story of the Cavalier's death?
This section contains 1,138 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)