|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Viola leave?
(a) she gets bored
(b) she has estates she needs to care for
(c) she can't get Cosimo to understand her
(d) she has a husband in Paris
2. What noise does Cosimo have the people do in the distance surrounding the collection area?
(a) rocks banging together
(b) pots and pans being hit on
(c) conch shells being blown
(d) sword fighting sounds
3. How does it seem the girls who spend the night with Cosimo feel?
(a) like a once in a lifetime experience
(b) like he took advantage of them
4. Where is Cosimo spending much of winter?
(a) in the tallest tree around
(b) near his brother's home
(c) at Viola's old garden
(d) in his sleeping bag
5. Who talks with Cosimo as an interpreter?
(a) he doesn't need one, he speaks Spainish
(b) Diego Sanchez Torio
(c) Father Sulpicio de Guadalete
(d) Abbe Fensi Buccali
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Biagio called home?
2. Why has Father Don Sulpico reappeared in the area?
3. What do the townspeople begin to do to help Cosimo?
4. Biagio says Cosimo and Viola's relationship works best when?
5. What do the Austrians say about the woods?
Short Essay Questions
1. When does Cosimo arrive in Olivabassa and what does he become there?
2. What do the townspeople see and say about Viola and Cosimo?
3. How does Cosimo die?
4. Where does the girl get her first glimpse of Cosimo and what does she do?
5. What does Biagio find out about Viola's trips away?
6. What is written about Cosimo's love life in chapter nineteen and how is it described?
7. Who does Cosimo meet after his dream?
8. What happens to the story of the Cavalier's death?
9. How does Cosimo set up the protest against tithes?
10. What happens to Ottimo Massimo in chapter twenty?
This section contains 1,169 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)