|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Biagio says Cosimo and Viola's relationship works best when?
(a) when he is telling stories
(b) when the dog is around
(c) when it is mutually adventuresome
(d) when she is tired
2. What happens when a jealous suitor goes after Cosimo?
(a) he breaks his ankle
(b) he gets grapeshot in his leg
(c) his nose is broken
(d) his arm is broken
3. What man returns to the town in a dream Cosimo has?
(a) the Abbe
(c) Battista's husband
(d) his father
4. What does Biagio seem to indicate is the main reason for the Baron's death?
(a) an old war injury
(b) disappointment over life
(c) his wife had died
(d) the plague
5. What is Cosimo doing for long periods of time as an old man?
(a) talking to his brother
(b) telling stories
(c) sitting still and silent
(d) writing a book
Short Answer Questions
1. How many others are meeting with him?
2. What is the girl doing when Cosimo arrives at the garden?
3. How do the Spaniards appear to Cosimo?
4. What is one of the first things Viola and Cosimo talk about?
5. Who comes back to Ombrosa with the troops?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Cosimo get shot and what does he do during his recovery?
2. Who does Cosimo go to see in Olivabassa, and what does he find there?
3. Who turns up again in Cosimo's life and who is with him?
4. What happens to Cosimo's father in chapter sixteen?
5. What does Biagio find out about Viola's trips away?
6. What does Biagio say when he reflects on the ideals he and his brother had as youth?
7. How does Cosimo feel towards Ursula and what does he tell her father?
8. What results from Cosimo convincing Sulpico that he is a Freemason?
9. How does Cosimo spend his time after the army shows up?
10. What is written about Cosimo's love life in chapter nineteen and how is it described?
This section contains 962 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)