|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Ottimo Massimo go one day after sniffing the breeze?
(a) to an apple orchard
(b) down the river
(c) to the ocean
(d) across a meadow
2. What happened to the coats and hats of the French regiment?
(a) nothing happened to them
(b) they are covered in blood
(c) they begin to sprout moss and lichens
(d) they are torn up by the trees
3. What does Viola say Cosimo's idea of love is?
(a) very narrow
(b) mixed up
(c) old fashion
(d) too loose
4. When Cosimo writes a treatise on living in the trees to whom does he send it?
(b) Prince Frederick
(c) the Abbe
5. Where does Biagio go for a year?
(a) to the King's court
(b) to a resort
(c) to his sister's
Short Answer Questions
1. What army came in and almost arrested Battista and her husband?
2. What does Biagio wish about his and his brother's ideas they had when they were young?
3. With what do the Cossacks come back?
4. Why does Cosimo keep the pirate's treasure a secret?
5. How do the townspeople feel about Cosimo and Viola's relationship?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Cosimo when Viola leaves?
2. How does Cosimo feel towards Ursula and what does he tell her father?
3. What does Cosimo do in specific to the soldiers in the woods?
4. Who turns up again in Cosimo's life and who is with him?
5. Who does Cosimo go to see in Olivabassa, and what does he find there?
6. What brings Cosimo out of his depression and what does he do?
7. What happens to Ottimo Massimo in chapter twenty?
8. How does Cosimo set up the protest against tithes?
9. Who does Cosimo meet at the Spaniard community that answers his need for love? What happens between them?
10. What does Biagio find out about Viola's trips away?
This section contains 1,261 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)