|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cosimo do that his mother enjoys?
(a) takes up soldiering
(b) fetch her comforts
(c) brings his sister home
(d) marries a strong woman
2. What does Cosimo do when he can't get a woman for the night?
(a) he talks with his brother
(b) he hunts night animals
(c) he sings loudly
(d) he wails and yawns
3. What does Biagio seem to indicate is the main reason for the Baron's death?
(a) an old war injury
(b) his wife had died
(c) disappointment over life
(d) the plague
4. Why did Biagio climb into the trees when his brother was 65 years old?
(a) to ask him to come down
(b) to bring him a picture of Viola
(c) to bring him food
(d) to bring Viola there
5. What happens when a jealous suitor goes after Cosimo?
(a) he gets grapeshot in his leg
(b) his arm is broken
(c) he breaks his ankle
(d) his nose is broken
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Biagio called home?
2. Why are the young men fleeing into the woods?
3. Why does he help the French lay out roads?
4. Why is a girl on a horse riding hard across the field for the trees?
5. Where does Biagio go for a year?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Cosimo do in specific to the soldiers in the woods?
2. Who does Cosimo meet at the Spaniard community that answers his need for love? What happens between them?
3. How does Cosimo set up the protest against tithes?
4. How do Cosimo and Viola feel right before they separate?
5. When does Cosimo arrive in Olivabassa and what does he become there?
6. What brings Cosimo out of his depression and what does he do?
7. What does Biagio say about Viola and Cosimo's relationship?
8. How does Cosimo die?
9. Describe the dream Cosimo had in chapter twenty-nine.
10. What happens to Cosimo's father in chapter sixteen?
This section contains 1,166 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)