|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is a girl on a horse riding hard across the field for the trees?
(a) she exercising her horse
(b) two men are chasing her
(c) she has lost control of her horse
(d) she ran into a hornet's nest
2. What does he tell the vintners about the tithes that year?
(a) the nobles will collect nothing
(b) they will double
(c) they can spread the payment out
(d) they can pay late
3. Where does Biagio go for a year?
(a) to a resort
(c) to the King's court
(d) to his sister's
4. To what does Cosimo change the name of his newspaper by the end of Chapter 26?
(a) Love Gone
(b) Life is Difficult
(c) Reasonable Vertebrate
(d) Man and Reason
5. How do the Spaniards appear to Cosimo?
(a) dirty and poor
(c) finely dressed, somber, and civilized
(d) rough and uneducated
Short Answer Questions
1. What gives Cosimo hope that he can find a lover?
2. How does Cosimo spend his time?
3. Why do the townspeople raise a bed in the trees for Cosimo?
4. How many others are meeting with him?
5. How does the Austrian soldiers appear to Cosimo?
Short Essay Questions
1. What army show up in chapter twenty-eight and who is almost arrested by them?
2. What brings Cosimo out of his depression and what does he do?
3. How does Cosimo get shot and what does he do during his recovery?
4. What happens to Cosimo when Viola leaves?
5. What does Biagio say about Viola and Cosimo's relationship?
6. Where does Cosimo get his first glimpse of the widow that his dog has been visiting and what is she doing when he sees her?
7. How does Cosimo feel towards Ursula and what does he tell her father?
8. What does Cosimo do in specific to the soldiers in the woods?
9. How do Cosimo and Viola feel right before they separate?
10. What does Biagio find out about Viola's trips away?
This section contains 1,043 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)