|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the townspeople fascinated with his love life?
(a) he is their Baron
(b) his ability to have one in the trees
(c) life is boring in that town
(d) he's the most eligible bachelor
2. What does Cosimo see hope for in his dream?
(a) the trees would stay forever
(b) war would end
(c) the common people would be fed
(d) his constitution would be used
3. Why is Biagio called home?
(a) Cosimo wants him to be Baron
(b) his sister is ill
(c) Cosimo has fallen from a tall tree
(d) their mother's asthma has gotten much worse
4. Who talks with Cosimo as an interpreter?
(a) Abbe Fensi Buccali
(b) Diego Sanchez Torio
(c) he doesn't need one, he speaks Spainish
(d) Father Sulpicio de Guadalete
5. What do the nobles do in response to the collecting problem?
(a) burn the village down
(b) shoot Cosimo
(c) lock themselves in their houses
(d) hang one of every 20 people
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the townspeople know Viola has left for a long absence?
2. What is one of the first things Viola and Cosimo talk about?
3. Why has Cosimo become known as such a great lover?
4. Why are the young men fleeing into the woods?
5. What does Biagio do after the Generalessa dies?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)