|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Biagio wish about his and his brother's ideas they had when they were young?
(a) that Biagio would have lived in the trees
(b) that Viola would have had them
(c) that they would have been brought forward
(d) that they hadn't caused so much trouble
2. What gives Cosimo hope that he can find a lover?
(a) several women have expressed interest
(b) Viola has returned
(c) his mother is arranging his marriage
(d) a community of Spaniards living in the trees
3. What do the nobles do in response to the collecting problem?
(a) burn the village down
(b) shoot Cosimo
(c) hang one of every 20 people
(d) lock themselves in their houses
4. Where does Ottimo Massimo go one day after sniffing the breeze?
(a) to an apple orchard
(b) to the ocean
(c) across a meadow
(d) down the river
5. What does Cosimo do that his mother enjoys?
(a) marries a strong woman
(b) fetch her comforts
(c) takes up soldiering
(d) brings his sister home
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the townspeople call Cosimo?
2. How do the townspeople know Viola has left for a long absence?
3. What do the townspeople begin to do to help Cosimo?
4. What do Cosimo and Prince Andrej find they have in common?
5. Why are the young men fleeing into the woods?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Biagio say when he reflects on the ideals he and his brother had as youth?
2. Who turns up again in Cosimo's life and who is with him?
3. What does Cosimo do in general about the soldiers wandering around?
4. Who does Cosimo meet at the Spaniard community that answers his need for love? What happens between them?
5. How does Cosimo set up the protest against tithes?
6. What kind of stories does Biagio tell at the beginning of chapter twenty and who has he spoken with about his brother?
7. Who does Cosimo meet after his dream?
8. What is written about Cosimo's love life in chapter nineteen and how is it described?
9. What happens to the story of the Cavalier's death?
10. How does Cosimo spend his time after the army shows up?
This section contains 1,036 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)