|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cosimo kill that has come up the tree where he is?
(a) a snake
(b) a yellow cat
(c) a large rat
(d) a black bird
2. What do the boys do when Cosimo and Viola ignore them?
(a) throw gravel at them
(b) throw fruit at them
(c) scream at them
(d) spray them with water
3. What group of individuals hears about the Abbe's conversations with Cosimo?
(a) Cosimo's extended family
(b) the Ecclesiastical Tribunal
(c) the King's Court
(d) the burglers
4. Where does Cosimo carve his dog's name?
(a) on his sword shealth
(b) on Viola's garden wall
(c) on his favorite tree
(d) on the roof of his father's house
5. Why does the Abbe listen so carefully to Cosimo?
(a) he is his teacher
(b) he tries to correct Cosimo's language
(c) he is full of startling ideas
(d) he is bored with his life
Short Answer Questions
1. How far does Cosimo discover the trees go?
2. How does Sinforosa get around the village?
3. What does Biagio do when he goes to bed that night?
4. What has changed about the land the Baron wants Cosimo to rule some day?
5. How does Cosimo drink and bathe?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Cosimo stay warm in the trees in the winter?
2. What does Cosimo tell Viola about a decision and what happens when he tells her?
3. Describe the discussion about trees that takes place at the beginning of chapter ten.
4. Who does Cosimo meet in a neighbor's garden as he explores through the trees?
5. What does Biagio do in the morning after his brother spent the first night in the trees?
6. How does the Count who visits the family feel about Cosimo's choice?
7. Why does the Cavlier slip off the Baron's land occasionally and how does Cosimo help him?
8. How does Cosimo's mother and father try to get him to come down from the trees and what does Biagio do?
9. What does Cosimo do to impress Viola?
10. What happens when Cosimo's father sends the Cavalier to capture him?
This section contains 1,192 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)