|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cosimo build in the trees for his books?
(a) a protected bookcase
(b) a new wooden dwelling
(d) a hanging waterproof basket
2. What does the Cavalier notice when watching Cosimo in the trees?
(a) his dog in the tree with him
(b) his tent house
(c) his system for collecting water
(d) his homemade clothes
3. Why is Cosimo's father so upset about him being gone?
(a) he thinks he's too young
(b) his wife is upset with him for yelling at Cosimo
(c) he wanted him to be the next Baron
(d) he's going to be arrested for child abuse
4. What does Cosimo do when the Abbe Fauchelefleur passes below him?
(a) tosses bits of nature down on him
(b) ignore him
(c) talk to him
(d) spit on him
5. What happens when the townspeople and the pirates meet?
(a) fighting breaks out
(b) they never meet
(c) they exchange goods
(d) the townspeople split the treasure
Short Answer Questions
1. Who watches Viola closely at her house?
2. How do the boys who steal fruit react to Cosimo at first?
3. How does Sinforosa get around the village?
4. Why does the Baron scold Cosimo?
5. What eventually happens to the tree after it was covered in glue?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does the girl get her first glimpse of Cosimo and what does she do?
2. What happens when Cosimo's father sends the Cavalier to capture him?
3. Why does the Cavlier slip off the Baron's land occasionally and how does Cosimo help him?
4. How does the Baron work out Cosimo's willingness to continue his education?
5. What army show up in chapter twenty-eight and who is almost arrested by them?
6. What do the brigands around town do about Gian de Brughi being in hiding?
7. What is written about Cosimo's love life in chapter nineteen and how is it described?
8. Who does Cosimo go to see in Olivabassa, and what does he find there?
9. How does Cosimo's first encounter with the fruit thieves happen?
10. How does Cosimo die?
This section contains 1,198 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)