Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of talent does Battista have?
(b) preparing rodents and animals for eating
(c) painting portraits
(d) weaving beautiful blankets
2. Why do the boys' mothers get upset with them?
(a) they aren't in school
(b) they are stealing fruit
(c) they didn't steal enough fruit
(d) they don't go to church
3. How does the Count that visits feel about Cosimo's life?
(a) that their son should join him
(b) that it's silly
(c) fascinated and impressed
(d) that he'll out grow it
4. What does Cosimo's father yell out to him at dinner?
(a) if he doesn't come down he will starve
(b) he is forgiven
(c) Biagio will be confined to the house
(d) he will be sent to prison
5. Who helps Cosimo with his plans?
(a) the Abbe
(b) the Cavalier
(c) his mother
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cosimo say about resuming his education?
2. How do the boys who steal fruit react to Cosimo at first?
3. What does the Cavalier do for the Baron?
4. What bothers Cosimo most about fig trees?
5. Who watches Viola closely at her house?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Cosimo spend his time after the army shows up?
2. What is Cosimo's thoughts concerning the people living below him?
3. Why is Cosimo's mother nicknamed the Generalessa?
4. What results from Cosimo convincing Sulpico that he is a Freemason?
5. Where does the girl get her first glimpse of Cosimo and what does she do?
6. Who turns up again in Cosimo's life and who is with him?
7. With what important meal does the book open with?
8. Describe an activity Cosimo has learned well and that his dog helps him with.
9. How does the Count who visits the family feel about Cosimo's choice?
10. What do the townspeople see and say about Viola and Cosimo?
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)