|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Cosimo trying to do about the people who live below him?
(a) steal from them to live
(b) give them a better life
(c) educate them
(d) make friends and learn from them
2. Why does the Baron want Cosimo to come down from the trees?
(a) to go to a monastery
(b) to stop his mother from crying
(c) to help his little brother
(d) to assume his duties as a Baron heir
3. Where does Cosimo go when he is sent from the table for not eating?
(a) to town
(b) to the church
(c) to his room
(d) holm oak in the back yard
4. What has changed about the land the Baron wants Cosimo to rule some day?
(a) the people who live on it
(b) the organization of it
(c) the type of families that live on it
(d) the type of crops raised
5. What eventually happens to the tree after it was covered in glue?
(a) it dies
(b) it becomes very heavy
(c) it turns purple
(d) it became a national monument
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Cosimo attempting to catch his uncle with the pirates?
2. What does his uncle do when the pirates beginning running away?
3. What kind of dog does Cosimo befriend?
4. What do the burglars who tried to use Gian do to Cosimo?
5. Who does Cosimo begin correspondences with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Cosimo tell Biagio about their uncle's activities and what does he want to do about them?
2. Describe the discussion about trees that takes place at the beginning of chapter ten.
3. Why is Cosimo curious about Gian de Brughi?
4. Why does Cosimo begin writing to authors of books he likes?
5. What do Cosimo's parents want to know about the men Cosimo enlisted for his project?
6. Why does Cosimo talk with the Abbe so much and what happens as the result?
7. Who is Sinforosa?
8. What does Biagio do in the morning after his brother spent the first night in the trees?
9. How does Cosimo's mother feel by the evening about Cosimo still being in the trees?
10. How does the Baron work out Cosimo's willingness to continue his education?
This section contains 1,052 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)