|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of dog does Cosimo befriend?
(a) a dachshund
(b) a retriever
(c) a poodle
(d) a Komodor
2. What job does Cosimo do for local growers?
(a) picking fruit
(b) killing rabbits
(c) pruning trees
(d) chasing birds off of crops
3. How does Cosimo get a winter coat?
(a) Viola gave him one
(b) he stole it
(c) he made it from animals he'd killed
(d) his mother sent one to him
4. How do the boys who steal fruit react to Cosimo at first?
(a) set a trap for him
(b) toss him out of the trees
(c) think he's wonderful
(d) they're indifferent
5. Where does Cosimo hide most of his letters?
(a) in the hollow of a tree
(b) in an old bird's nest
(c) in his tent
(d) inside his sleeping bag
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Viola sent when she leaves home?
2. What group of individuals hears about the Abbe's conversations with Cosimo?
3. Who helps Cosimo with his plans?
4. How does Cosimo's mother communicate with him?
5. Who follows Viola when she goes riding on her horse?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe an activity Cosimo has learned well and that his dog helps him with.
2. What does Biagio do in the morning after his brother spent the first night in the trees?
3. How does the Count who visits the family feel about Cosimo's choice?
4. What does Cosimo tell Viola about a decision and what happens when he tells her?
5. Describe the discussion about trees that takes place at the beginning of chapter ten.
6. Who is Sinforosa?
7. What is Cosimo's thoughts concerning the people living below him?
8. How does the Baron work out Cosimo's willingness to continue his education?
9. What do Cosimo's parents want to know about the men Cosimo enlisted for his project?
10. What do the burglars do to Cosimo?
This section contains 979 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)