|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Cosimo drink and bathe?
(a) hauling buckets from the river
(b) with rainwater
(c) he has a hose from the ground
(d) his brother brings him pails from the well
2. Who watches Viola closely at her house?
(a) her mother
(b) her aunts
(c) her older sister
(d) her father
3. How does Cosimo defend himself against a suggest of trespass in the garden?
(a) says he hasn't crossed the wall
(b) says his mother knows the owner
(c) says he hasn't actually put his foot on the ground
(d) says he is visiting
4. What does the Baron do when an important family visits?
(a) takes them to the family estate away from Cosimo
(b) asks them to see if he'll come down for them
(c) asks them to take Cosimo to Paris
(d) tries to keep Cosimo hidden
5. What does Cosimo's father yell out to him at dinner?
(a) Biagio will be confined to the house
(b) he will be sent to prison
(c) if he doesn't come down he will starve
(d) he is forgiven
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Abbe listen so carefully to Cosimo?
2. Who does Cosimo's father send after him?
3. What does Sinforosa do for the band of little boys?
4. What do the townspeople do when Cosimo tells them of the cave?
5. What did Cosimo do on Sundays with his family?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Biagio mourn in chapter four?
2. How does Cosimo's first encounter with the fruit thieves happen?
3. What does Biagio reveal about the Cavalier's story?
4. What does Cosimo tell Viola about a decision and what happens when he tells her?
5. How does Cosimo stay warm in the trees in the winter?
6. What does Cosimo do when he sees the pirates unloading the boats and what happens as a result of his actions?
7. What does Battista do to make Cosimo come home and what is the result of her action?
8. What does Cosimo's father request of him when he goes out to see him?
9. What do the burglars do to Cosimo?
10. Why is Cosimo's mother nicknamed the Generalessa?
This section contains 1,121 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)