|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why to thieves drag Gian de Brughi from his hiding place?
(a) so he can help them
(b) to make him commit a robery
(c) so he will be blamed for their crimes
(d) for the reward money
2. Who sneaks out and covers Cosimo's tree with glue?
(c) the Cavalier
3. What do the fruit boys learn from Cosimo?
(a) how to move through the trees without going down
(b) how to avoid the farmers' dogs scenting them
(c) that the farmers are nice people
(d) how to find the best fruit
4. Why do the boys' mothers get upset with them?
(a) they didn't steal enough fruit
(b) they aren't in school
(c) they are stealing fruit
(d) they don't go to church
5. What does the Count say he's going to do with Cosimo's story?
(a) get a judge to rule against him
(b) tell his story at court
(c) give it to the newspapers
(d) get the army out to pull him down
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Cosimo curious about the thieve, Gian de Brughi?
2. How does Cosimo's mother communicate with him?
3. How does Cosimo want his brother to prove he can be trusted?
4. What does Viola offer Cosimo before she goes in the house?
5. How does Cosimo's family receive the news of his popularity?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Baron work out Cosimo's willingness to continue his education?
2. How does Cosimo's mother feel by the evening about Cosimo still being in the trees?
3. What do the brigands around town do about Gian de Brughi being in hiding?
4. Why does Cosimo begin writing to authors of books he likes?
5. Why is Cosimo curious about Gian de Brughi?
6. With what important meal does the book open with?
7. Describe the discussion about trees that takes place at the beginning of chapter ten.
8. Why is Cosimo's mother nicknamed the Generalessa?
9. How does Cosimo's first encounter with the fruit thieves happen?
10. Describe an activity Cosimo has learned well and that his dog helps him with.
This section contains 1,003 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)