|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cosimo build in the trees for his books?
(b) a hanging waterproof basket
(c) a protected bookcase
(d) a new wooden dwelling
2. What group of individuals hears about the Abbe's conversations with Cosimo?
(a) Cosimo's extended family
(b) the Ecclesiastical Tribunal
(c) the burglers
(d) the King's Court
3. Who helps Cosimo with his plans?
(a) the Abbe
(c) the Cavalier
(d) his mother
4. Where is Viola sent when she leaves home?
(a) to a boarding school
(b) to the store
(c) to her aunts' house
(d) to a reform school
5. What do the burglars who tried to use Gian do to Cosimo?
(a) set his tree on fire
(b) kidnapped his brother
(c) killed his dog
(d) stole his tent
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sinforosa get around the village?
2. Why is Biagio worried about Cosimo the night his father spoke with him?
3. What do the boys do when Cosimo and Viola ignore them?
4. How does Cosimo's family receive the news of his popularity?
5. How does Cosimo defend himself against a suggest of trespass in the garden?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Cosimo's thoughts concerning the people living below him?
2. With what important meal does the book open with?
3. What does Biagio do in the morning after his brother spent the first night in the trees?
4. What does Cosimo tell Viola about a decision and what happens when he tells her?
5. What does Cosimo tell Biagio about their uncle's activities and what does he want to do about them?
6. Why does the Cavlier slip off the Baron's land occasionally and how does Cosimo help him?
7. Why is Cosimo curious about Gian de Brughi?
8. What does Cosimo do to impress Viola?
9. Who is Sinforosa?
10. Why is Cosimo's mother nicknamed the Generalessa?
This section contains 1,012 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)