|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Cosimo get a winter coat?
(a) his mother sent one to him
(b) he made it from animals he'd killed
(c) he stole it
(d) Viola gave him one
2. How does the family make another attempt in the afternoon to get Cosimo down?
(a) says he can eat what he wants
(b) threatens to call the police
(c) the father climbs in the trees
(d) offering cake and hot chocolate
3. What does Cosimo kill that has come up the tree where he is?
(a) a snake
(b) a yellow cat
(c) a black bird
(d) a large rat
4. What do the pirates do to the Cavalier?
(a) kill him
(b) give him money
(c) beat him up
(d) carry him away
5. How far does Cosimo discover the trees go?
(a) close to the town
(b) mostly around his house and Viola's
(c) beyond even Ombrossa
(d) at least four neighbors down
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Cavalier sneak off the Baron's land sometimes?
2. What does Cosimo suggest the Cavalier might do?
3. How long were the brothers locked in their rooms for trying to rescue snails?
4. How does Cosimo drink and bathe?
5. What is one of the main desires the Baron has concerning his son's choice of living arrangements?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Count who visits the family feel about Cosimo's choice?
2. What does Cosimo tell Viola about a decision and what happens when he tells her?
3. Who is Sinforosa?
4. Who does Cosimo meet in a neighbor's garden as he explores through the trees?
5. Describe an activity Cosimo has learned well and that his dog helps him with.
6. What does Biagio mourn in chapter four?
7. How does Cosimo's mother and father try to get him to come down from the trees and what does Biagio do?
8. What does Battista do to make Cosimo come home and what is the result of her action?
9. Describe the discussion about trees that takes place at the beginning of chapter ten.
10. What do the brigands around town do about Gian de Brughi being in hiding?
This section contains 1,181 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)