|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of the main desires the Baron has concerning his son's choice of living arrangements?
(a) that he hate it and come home
(b) that he becomes famous for it
(c) that he be comfortable and safe
(d) to hide it from the world
2. What does Cosimo decide to build?
(a) a zip line system in the trees
(b) walkways between trees
(c) a new tree house
(d) barrels of water high in the trees
3. What happens to Gian de Brughi?
(a) his hand is cut off
(b) he has to pay a huge fine
(c) he is sent to prison
(d) he is hung
4. Who does the Baron confide in and seek advice from?
(a) the Cavalier
(c) Viola's father
(d) his wife
5. What does Cosimo conclude after studying Gian de Brughi's life and the stories about him?
(a) he would have to use the trees to get away
(b) he doesn't exist
(c) other thieves just use his name
(d) he would have to be very old
Short Answer Questions
1. What eventually happens to the tree after it was covered in glue?
2. What do the pirates do to the Cavalier?
3. Why does Cosimo believe olive trees are great for climbing?
4. What do the boys do when Cosimo and Viola ignore them?
5. What does the Count say he's going to do with Cosimo's story?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Cosimo's father sends the Cavalier to capture him?
2. How does Cosimo's mother feel by the evening about Cosimo still being in the trees?
3. With what important meal does the book open with?
4. What does Cosimo do to impress Viola?
5. Describe an activity Cosimo has learned well and that his dog helps him with.
6. What do the burglars do to Cosimo?
7. What does Cosimo tell Biagio about their uncle's activities and what does he want to do about them?
8. What does Biagio reveal about the Cavalier's story?
9. What do the brigands around town do about Gian de Brughi being in hiding?
10. How does Cosimo's first encounter with the fruit thieves happen?
This section contains 1,183 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)