|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job does Cosimo do for local growers?
(a) chasing birds off of crops
(b) picking fruit
(c) killing rabbits
(d) pruning trees
2. Why does the Abbe listen so carefully to Cosimo?
(a) he tries to correct Cosimo's language
(b) he is his teacher
(c) he is bored with his life
(d) he is full of startling ideas
3. What kind of plants does Cosimo find in a neighbor's garden?
(a) tomato plants
(b) from all over the world
(c) tropical plants
(d) nut trees
4. What does his uncle do when the pirates beginning running away?
(a) he runs with them
(b) he tries to escape too
(c) he kills the leader
(d) he climbs Cosimo's tree
5. Who watches Viola closely at her house?
(a) her aunts
(b) her older sister
(c) her mother
(d) her father
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Cavalier sneak off the Baron's land sometimes?
2. Why is the children's teacher with Cosimo's family?
3. Why can Cosimo move from tree to tree?
4. What does Biagio do when he goes to bed that night?
5. What is one of the main desires the Baron has concerning his son's choice of living arrangements?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does the girl get her first glimpse of Cosimo and what does she do?
2. How does Cosimo spend his time after the army shows up?
3. Why is Cosimo curious about Gian de Brughi?
4. What does Biagio find out about Viola's trips away?
5. What kind of stories does Biagio tell at the beginning of chapter twenty and who has he spoken with about his brother?
6. What do Cosimo's parents want to know about the men Cosimo enlisted for his project?
7. What does Cosimo's father request of him when he goes out to see him?
8. What does Biagio say when he reflects on the ideals he and his brother had as youth?
9. What happens when Cosimo's father sends the Cavalier to capture him?
10. Who does Cosimo meet in a neighbor's garden as he explores through the trees?
This section contains 1,018 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)