|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cosimo tell the townspeople?
(a) there is no reward
(b) he is not stealing
(c) he knows the way home
(d) the boys are afraid of him
2. How does the family make another attempt in the afternoon to get Cosimo down?
(a) says he can eat what he wants
(b) threatens to call the police
(c) offering cake and hot chocolate
(d) the father climbs in the trees
3. What do Cosimo and his dog wait patiently for?
(a) Viola to come home
(b) his brother to visit
(c) animals to hunt
(d) the boys in the gang
4. Why does Cosimo believe olive trees are great for climbing?
(a) their branches are close together
(b) they have small leaves
(c) they have good traction
(d) they smell nice
5. Why is Biagio worried about Cosimo the night his father spoke with him?
(a) his father is blaming Biagio
(b) Biagio is seeing ghosts at home
(c) it's the first rainstorm since Cosimo left
(d) his father is calling the magistrate
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of talent does Battista have?
2. What do the fruit boys learn from Cosimo?
3. Where does Cosimo hide most of his letters?
4. How does Cosimo drink and bathe?
5. How does Cosimo get a winter coat?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Cosimo tell Viola about a decision and what happens when he tells her?
2. What does Cosimo do when he sees the pirates unloading the boats and what happens as a result of his actions?
3. What do Cosimo's parents want to know about the men Cosimo enlisted for his project?
4. With what important meal does the book open with?
5. What does Biagio reveal about the Cavalier's story?
6. Who is Sinforosa?
7. How does the Count who visits the family feel about Cosimo's choice?
8. What does Cosimo do to impress Viola?
9. Who does Cosimo meet in a neighbor's garden as he explores through the trees?
10. Why is Cosimo curious about Gian de Brughi?
This section contains 1,106 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)