|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helps Cosimo with his plans?
(a) the Abbe
(c) his mother
(d) the Cavalier
2. How does the family make another attempt in the afternoon to get Cosimo down?
(a) threatens to call the police
(b) the father climbs in the trees
(c) offering cake and hot chocolate
(d) says he can eat what he wants
3. Why is the children's teacher with Cosimo's family?
(a) escaping the Inquisition
(b) he is escaping being jailed for theft
(c) he's Cosimo's cousin
(d) he's Cosimo's uncle
4. What is Cosimo learning from the people below him?
(a) new languages
(b) how to build a house
(c) how to grow food
(d) how to ride a horse
5. Where is Viola sent when she leaves home?
(a) to a boarding school
(b) to her aunts' house
(c) to a reform school
(d) to the store
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Gian de Brughi?
2. What does Cosimo see pirates doing one night?
3. What happens when the townspeople and the pirates meet?
4. What is Cosimo's reply about running with the boy gang?
5. What does Cosimo's mother want to know about his teams?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the burglars do to Cosimo?
2. What does Biagio do in the morning after his brother spent the first night in the trees?
3. What happens when Cosimo's father sends the Cavalier to capture him?
4. What do Cosimo's parents want to know about the men Cosimo enlisted for his project?
5. What is Cosimo's thoughts concerning the people living below him?
6. Why does Cosimo talk with the Abbe so much and what happens as the result?
7. How does the Baron work out Cosimo's willingness to continue his education?
8. Why is Cosimo curious about Gian de Brughi?
9. What does Cosimo's father request of him when he goes out to see him?
10. What does Biagio reveal about the Cavalier's story?
This section contains 1,069 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)