|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cosimo contribute to the secret ceremonies?
(a) one to honor the rain
(b) one honoring trees
(c) one to enrich farmers
2. What is Cosimo's next project after Viola leaves?
(a) writing a book
(b) planting a new orchard
(c) advocate and ambassador for the birds
(d) finding a wife
3. Why are the young men fleeing into the woods?
(a) to find food for their families
(b) to fight against the army
(c) to avoid taxes
(d) to avoid conscription
4. What color are Ursula's eyes?
(b) the color of periwinkles
5. What do the nobles do in response to the collecting problem?
(a) lock themselves in their houses
(b) burn the village down
(c) shoot Cosimo
(d) hang one of every 20 people
6. What happened to the coats and hats of the French regiment?
(a) they are covered in blood
(b) nothing happened to them
(c) they are torn up by the trees
(d) they begin to sprout moss and lichens
7. Who has written Father Sulpicio about revolutionary ideas?
(a) Cosimo's younger brother
(b) the church
(c) the Abbe
(d) Cosimo's mother
8. When does Cosimo arrive in Olivabassa?
9. Why does Cosimo keep the pirate's treasure a secret?
(a) so his uncle isn't thought bad of
(b) so the pirates will come back
(c) so the colliers will be able to take it
(d) so he can live off the food for years
10. Why has Father Don Sulpico reappeared in the area?
(a) bringing a message to Cosimo
(b) to start a new church
(c) to start a new order of monks
(d) still wants to stop free-thinking
11. For what reason has Cosimo found that Ottimo Massimo does not come back often?
(a) he stays with a widow
(b) he has died
(c) he has found a female dog
(d) he is being fed better at another house
12. How does Cosimo spend his time?
(a) looking for another dog for a pet
(b) looking for a wife
(c) protecting the underdog
(d) reading books in German
13. Why is Biagio called home?
(a) Cosimo wants him to be Baron
(b) his sister is ill
(c) Cosimo has fallen from a tall tree
(d) their mother's asthma has gotten much worse
14. Where does the girl on the horse go?
(a) to the palace
(b) to the constable's
(c) to the apple orchard
(d) the Ondarivas' garden
15. Why do the townspeople raise a bed in the trees for Cosimo?
(a) as payment fo his kindness
(b) Biagio thought he'd like their father's bed
(c) so he would live longer
(d) his health is failing
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Viola do when she thinks she's not important enough to Cosimo?
2. What does Biagio seem to indicate is the main reason for the Baron's death?
3. What is Cosimo doing for long periods of time as an old man?
4. What does Biagio wish about his and his brother's ideas they had when they were young?
5. What is one of the first things Viola and Cosimo talk about?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)