|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cosimo confess when Ursula's father asks about his intentions?
(a) he will marry her and come with them
(b) he is just a friend
(c) he doesn't know how he feels
(d) he loves her
2. For what reason does Cosimo protect the townspeople?
(b) to maintain his image
(c) to fight the French
(d) for a fee
3. Why has Cosimo become known as such a great lover?
(a) people hearing him in the trees
(b) women talking
(d) he spread the story himself
4. When does Cosimo arrive in Olivabassa?
5. What does Cosimo challenge the Father to do?
(a) tell him more of the church
(b) a sword duel
(c) have a fist fight
(d) settle their dispute
6. What does Cosimo do that his mother enjoys?
(a) fetch her comforts
(b) brings his sister home
(c) takes up soldiering
(d) marries a strong woman
7. What do the townspeople begin to do to help Cosimo?
(a) bring him good food
(b) look for another woman for him
(c) listen to him rant
(d) write him poetry
8. For what does Cosimo become most famous?
(a) havin a dog in the trees
(b) being a baron
(c) killing wild animals
(d) telling stories
9. What army came in and almost arrested Battista and her husband?
(a) the Republican army
(b) the Austrian army
(c) the English army
(d) the Italian army
10. What is Cosimo doing for long periods of time as an old man?
(a) sitting still and silent
(b) talking to his brother
(c) telling stories
(d) writing a book
11. What happened to the coats and hats of the French regiment?
(a) they are covered in blood
(b) they begin to sprout moss and lichens
(c) they are torn up by the trees
(d) nothing happened to them
12. What does Viola want Cosimo to allow?
(a) her multiple lovers
(b) having children
(c) not getting married
(d) her frequent trips away
13. Where does Cosimo leave the hot air balloon?
(a) in France
(b) in the mountains
(c) over the ocean
(d) over his father's castle
14. Why is Biagio called home?
(a) his sister is ill
(b) Cosimo wants him to be Baron
(c) Cosimo has fallen from a tall tree
(d) their mother's asthma has gotten much worse
15. What has Cosimo told the Spaniards is his reason for staying in the trees?
(a) he would be arrested if he came down
(b) he has no home
(c) he likes living above the ground
(d) it's his chosen form of protest
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Spaniards keep doing about their situation?
2. What happens when a jealous suitor goes after Cosimo?
3. When Cosimo writes a treatise on living in the trees to whom does he send it?
4. What does Viola do when she thinks she's not important enough to Cosimo?
5. Where does Biagio go for a year?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)