|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does it seem the girls who spend the night with Cosimo feel?
(b) like he took advantage of them
(c) like a once in a lifetime experience
2. What does Biagio think of Cosimo and the girl?
(a) he doesn't know about her
(b) they need to know each other better
(c) they are a bad idea
(d) they are perfect together
3. What color are Ursula's eyes?
(a) the color of periwinkles
4. What type of government is established by the new army?
(a) a French styled government
5. What happens to Cosimo when Viola leaves?
(a) he comes down from the trees
(b) he takes leave of his senses
(c) nothing happens
(d) he begins to act like a Baron
6. What does Cosimo do that his mother enjoys?
(a) takes up soldiering
(b) marries a strong woman
(c) fetch her comforts
(d) brings his sister home
7. Why is a girl on a horse riding hard across the field for the trees?
(a) she has lost control of her horse
(b) she exercising her horse
(c) two men are chasing her
(d) she ran into a hornet's nest
8. What does Cosimo claim to be to the group?
(a) a Freemason
(b) a monk
(c) an atheist
(d) a married man
9. Biagio says Cosimo and Viola's relationship works best when?
(a) when the dog is around
(b) when she is tired
(c) when he is telling stories
(d) when it is mutually adventuresome
10. To what does Cosimo change the name of his newspaper by the end of Chapter 26?
(a) Man and Reason
(b) Life is Difficult
(c) Love Gone
(d) Reasonable Vertebrate
11. What do the Austrians say about the woods?
(a) they are evil
(b) the woods are full of Jacobins
(c) they are beautiful
(d) they are good cover for troops
12. For what does Cosimo become most famous?
(a) killing wild animals
(b) telling stories
(c) being a baron
(d) havin a dog in the trees
13. Why did Biagio climb into the trees when his brother was 65 years old?
(a) to bring Viola there
(b) to bring him a picture of Viola
(c) to ask him to come down
(d) to bring him food
14. In what languages do Cosimo and Prince Andrej converse?
(a) Russian and Italian
(b) English and Italian
(c) Russian and French
(d) Italian and French
15. Cosimo says love is best served when what is allowed?
(a) each to remain themselves
(b) when they have children
(c) when it is a monogamy
(d) when the man is in charge
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the nobles do in response to the collecting problem?
2. How many others are meeting with him?
3. How does the Austrian soldiers appear to Cosimo?
4. How does Biagio's story about the Cavalier's death differ from what happened?
5. What does Cosimo do to the Austrian soldiers?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)