|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of government is established by the new army?
(d) a French styled government
2. Who has written Father Sulpicio about revolutionary ideas?
(a) Cosimo's younger brother
(b) Cosimo's mother
(c) the Abbe
(d) the church
3. How has Viola being in the trees changed the atmosphere in the trees?
(a) it hasn't changed
(b) Cosimo has made it more gracious
(c) Cosimo spends less with the trees
(d) Viola has torn down the tent
4. What is the girl doing when Cosimo arrives at the garden?
(a) sitting on a bench
(b) sleeping under a tree
(c) petting his dog in her lap
(d) wandering among the fountains
5. What is one of the first things Viola and Cosimo talk about?
(a) the boy gang of thieves
(b) Viola's aunts
(c) Cosimo's father
(d) the day of their separtion
6. What does Cosimo confess when Ursula's father asks about his intentions?
(a) he is just a friend
(b) he doesn't know how he feels
(c) he will marry her and come with them
(d) he loves her
7. What does Cosimo do when he can't get a woman for the night?
(a) he talks with his brother
(b) he hunts night animals
(c) he wails and yawns
(d) he sings loudly
8. When Cosimo writes a treatise on living in the trees to whom does he send it?
(a) Prince Frederick
(b) the Abbe
9. What does Cosimo see hope for in his dream?
(a) the trees would stay forever
(b) war would end
(c) the common people would be fed
(d) his constitution would be used
10. What man returns to the town in a dream Cosimo has?
(a) Battista's husband
(b) the Abbe
(d) his father
11. What does he tell the vintners about the tithes that year?
(a) they can spread the payment out
(b) they will double
(c) the nobles will collect nothing
(d) they can pay late
12. What does Biagio wish about his and his brother's ideas they had when they were young?
(a) that they hadn't caused so much trouble
(b) that Biagio would have lived in the trees
(c) that they would have been brought forward
(d) that Viola would have had them
13. What do the townspeople call Cosimo?
(a) Lord Baron
(b) Landless Baron
(c) Tree Baron
(d) Homeless Baron
14. When does Cosimo arrive in Olivabassa?
15. Why are the young men fleeing into the woods?
(a) to avoid taxes
(b) to avoid conscription
(c) to fight against the army
(d) to find food for their families
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cosimo challenge the Father to do?
2. What does Cosimo contribute to the secret ceremonies?
3. How do the townspeople know Viola has left for a long absence?
4. What does Cosimo do that his mother enjoys?
5. Why does Cosimo finally have to pay attention to life again?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)