|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has written Father Sulpicio about revolutionary ideas?
(a) the church
(b) the Abbe
(c) Cosimo's mother
(d) Cosimo's younger brother
2. Why do the townspeople raise a bed in the trees for Cosimo?
(a) as payment fo his kindness
(b) so he would live longer
(c) Biagio thought he'd like their father's bed
(d) his health is failing
3. How does it seem the girls who spend the night with Cosimo feel?
(a) like he took advantage of them
(b) like a once in a lifetime experience
4. Cosimo says love is best served when what is allowed?
(a) when they have children
(b) each to remain themselves
(c) when it is a monogamy
(d) when the man is in charge
5. What happens to Cosimo when Viola leaves?
(a) he begins to act like a Baron
(b) he takes leave of his senses
(c) he comes down from the trees
(d) nothing happens
6. What happens when a jealous suitor goes after Cosimo?
(a) his arm is broken
(b) he breaks his ankle
(c) he gets grapeshot in his leg
(d) his nose is broken
7. What does he tell the vintners about the tithes that year?
(a) they can pay late
(b) the nobles will collect nothing
(c) they can spread the payment out
(d) they will double
8. Why are the townspeople fascinated with his love life?
(a) he is their Baron
(b) his ability to have one in the trees
(c) he's the most eligible bachelor
(d) life is boring in that town
9. What man returns to the town in a dream Cosimo has?
(a) Battista's husband
(c) the Abbe
(d) his father
10. For what reason does Cosimo protect the townspeople?
(a) for a fee
(b) to fight the French
(d) to maintain his image
11. Biagio says Cosimo and Viola's relationship works best when?
(a) when she is tired
(b) when he is telling stories
(c) when it is mutually adventuresome
(d) when the dog is around
12. How do the townspeople know Viola has left for a long absence?
(a) when Cosimo is in the ilex tree
(b) they don't see her white horse
(c) Cosimo quits talking
(d) the dog is in the tree
13. Why has Cosimo become known as such a great lover?
(a) he spread the story himself
(b) women talking
(d) people hearing him in the trees
14. Why does Viola leave?
(a) she can't get Cosimo to understand her
(b) she has estates she needs to care for
(c) she has a husband in Paris
(d) she gets bored
15. What has Cosimo told the Spaniards is his reason for staying in the trees?
(a) it's his chosen form of protest
(b) he has no home
(c) he likes living above the ground
(d) he would be arrested if he came down
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Biagio called home?
2. What do Cosimo and Ursula end up doing?
3. What does Viola want Cosimo to allow?
4. What does Biagio seem to indicate is the main reason for the Baron's death?
5. When Cosimo writes a treatise on living in the trees to whom does he send it?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)