|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Cosimo spending much of winter?
(a) near his brother's home
(b) in his sleeping bag
(c) at Viola's old garden
(d) in the tallest tree around
2. Cosimo says love is best served when what is allowed?
(a) when the man is in charge
(b) when they have children
(c) each to remain themselves
(d) when it is a monogamy
3. What does Cosimo claim to be to the group?
(a) an atheist
(b) a monk
(c) a married man
(d) a Freemason
4. Why are the young men fleeing into the woods?
(a) to avoid taxes
(b) to fight against the army
(c) to find food for their families
(d) to avoid conscription
5. What does Biagio seem to indicate is the main reason for the Baron's death?
(a) disappointment over life
(b) his wife had died
(c) an old war injury
(d) the plague
6. For what does Cosimo become most famous?
(a) havin a dog in the trees
(b) killing wild animals
(c) telling stories
(d) being a baron
7. How does Cosimo feel when Viola is acting capricious or trying to provoke jealousy?
(b) confused and frustrated
8. What does he tell the vintners about the tithes that year?
(a) they can pay late
(b) the nobles will collect nothing
(c) they will double
(d) they can spread the payment out
9. To what does Cosimo change the name of his newspaper by the end of Chapter 26?
(a) Life is Difficult
(b) Man and Reason
(c) Love Gone
(d) Reasonable Vertebrate
10. Why did Biagio climb into the trees when his brother was 65 years old?
(a) to ask him to come down
(b) to bring him food
(c) to bring Viola there
(d) to bring him a picture of Viola
11. How has Viola being in the trees changed the atmosphere in the trees?
(a) Viola has torn down the tent
(b) it hasn't changed
(c) Cosimo spends less with the trees
(d) Cosimo has made it more gracious
12. How does Cosimo hitch a ride on a hot air balloon?
(a) grabbed the anchor rope from the trees
(b) a sit was lowered to him
(c) Biagio threw him into it
(d) he jumped in the basket from the top of a tree
13. Why does Cosimo keep the pirate's treasure a secret?
(a) so his uncle isn't thought bad of
(b) so the colliers will be able to take it
(c) so the pirates will come back
(d) so he can live off the food for years
14. What do the nobles do in response to the collecting problem?
(a) shoot Cosimo
(b) burn the village down
(c) hang one of every 20 people
(d) lock themselves in their houses
15. What color are Ursula's eyes?
(a) the color of periwinkles
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Biagio do after the Generalessa dies?
2. What role does Cosimo slip into with the Spaniards?
3. Who collects the tithes from the people?
4. What does Cosimo do to the Austrian soldiers?
5. Where does Biagio go for a year?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)