|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to the coats and hats of the French regiment?
(a) they begin to sprout moss and lichens
(b) they are covered in blood
(c) nothing happened to them
(d) they are torn up by the trees
2. Where does the girl on the horse go?
(a) the Ondarivas' garden
(b) to the apple orchard
(c) to the palace
(d) to the constable's
3. How do the townspeople feel about Cosimo and Viola's relationship?
(a) it's an ideal match
(b) it will never last
(c) it's weird
(d) it's too public
4. Why does Cosimo finally have to pay attention to life again?
(a) his dog comes back
(b) the trees need pruning
(c) his brother is ill
(d) a pack of woves enter town
5. What noise does Cosimo have the people do in the distance surrounding the collection area?
(a) sword fighting sounds
(b) pots and pans being hit on
(c) conch shells being blown
(d) rocks banging together
6. What does Viola say Cosimo's idea of love is?
(a) mixed up
(b) too loose
(c) old fashion
(d) very narrow
7. What does Cosimo do when he can't get a woman for the night?
(a) he hunts night animals
(b) he talks with his brother
(c) he sings loudly
(d) he wails and yawns
8. To what does Cosimo change the name of his newspaper by the end of Chapter 26?
(a) Man and Reason
(b) Love Gone
(c) Reasonable Vertebrate
(d) Life is Difficult
9. What does Cosimo do that his mother enjoys?
(a) fetch her comforts
(b) brings his sister home
(c) takes up soldiering
(d) marries a strong woman
10. What is one of the first things Viola and Cosimo talk about?
(a) Viola's aunts
(b) the day of their separtion
(c) Cosimo's father
(d) the boy gang of thieves
11. How does it seem the girls who spend the night with Cosimo feel?
(c) like he took advantage of them
(d) like a once in a lifetime experience
12. For what does Cosimo become most famous?
(a) killing wild animals
(b) havin a dog in the trees
(c) telling stories
(d) being a baron
13. What do the Spainish men sit upon in the trees?
(b) tree limbs
(c) round stools
14. What does Cosimo do to the Austrian soldiers?
(a) gives them fleas
(b) pours water in their sleeping bags
(c) throws their clothes in the river
(d) lures them into traps
15. What do the Spaniards keep doing about their situation?
(a) draft letters of appeal to their sovereign
(c) build an army
(d) collect weapons
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cosimo challenge the Father to do?
2. What does he tell the vintners about the tithes that year?
3. What man returns to the town in a dream Cosimo has?
4. How does Cosimo spend his time?
5. How do the townspeople know Viola has left for a long absence?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)