|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the townspeople know Viola has left for a long absence?
(a) Cosimo quits talking
(b) the dog is in the tree
(c) they don't see her white horse
(d) when Cosimo is in the ilex tree
2. What does Biagio wish about his and his brother's ideas they had when they were young?
(a) that Biagio would have lived in the trees
(b) that they would have been brought forward
(c) that they hadn't caused so much trouble
(d) that Viola would have had them
3. How many others are meeting with him?
4. What does Cosimo do with the French soldiers?
(a) burns their gear
(b) gives them fleas
(c) has birds drop on them
(d) joins their camp
5. What does Biagio think of Cosimo and the girl?
(a) they are perfect together
(b) they are a bad idea
(c) he doesn't know about her
(d) they need to know each other better
6. How does Cosimo deal with the threat of the soldiers?
(a) with fun and ingenuity
(b) he kills them one by one
(c) with anger
(d) he ignores them
7. What do the townspeople call Cosimo?
(a) Homeless Baron
(b) Lord Baron
(c) Landless Baron
(d) Tree Baron
8. What is one of the first things Viola and Cosimo talk about?
(a) the boy gang of thieves
(b) Viola's aunts
(c) Cosimo's father
(d) the day of their separtion
9. What does Cosimo see hope for in his dream?
(a) the common people would be fed
(b) war would end
(c) his constitution would be used
(d) the trees would stay forever
10. How does Cosimo hitch a ride on a hot air balloon?
(a) grabbed the anchor rope from the trees
(b) a sit was lowered to him
(c) Biagio threw him into it
(d) he jumped in the basket from the top of a tree
11. What does Cosimo contribute to the secret ceremonies?
(a) one to honor the rain
(b) one to enrich farmers
(d) one honoring trees
12. What is Cosimo's next project after Viola leaves?
(a) advocate and ambassador for the birds
(b) writing a book
(c) finding a wife
(d) planting a new orchard
13. What does Viola do when she thinks she's not important enough to Cosimo?
(a) withdraws her affection
(b) won't let him speak to her
(c) slaps him
14. What color are Ursula's eyes?
(b) the color of periwinkles
15. How does the Austrian soldiers appear to Cosimo?
(a) kill happy
(c) well disciplined but with no woods knowledge
(d) organized and efficient
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cosimo do when he sees the group?
2. What happened to the coats and hats of the French regiment?
3. What happens as the result of their argument?
4. What does Cosimo challenge the Father to do?
5. To what does Cosimo change the name of his newspaper by the end of Chapter 26?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)