|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Austrian soldiers appear to Cosimo?
(b) organized and efficient
(c) well disciplined but with no woods knowledge
(d) kill happy
2. What has Cosimo told the Spaniards is his reason for staying in the trees?
(a) he has no home
(b) he likes living above the ground
(c) it's his chosen form of protest
(d) he would be arrested if he came down
3. Why has Father Don Sulpico reappeared in the area?
(a) to start a new order of monks
(b) to start a new church
(c) still wants to stop free-thinking
(d) bringing a message to Cosimo
4. When Cosimo writes a treatise on living in the trees to whom does he send it?
(b) Prince Frederick
(c) the Abbe
5. Cosimo says love is best served when what is allowed?
(a) each to remain themselves
(b) when the man is in charge
(c) when they have children
(d) when it is a monogamy
6. Why are the young men fleeing into the woods?
(a) to find food for their families
(b) to avoid taxes
(c) to fight against the army
(d) to avoid conscription
7. How do the townspeople know Viola has left for a long absence?
(a) when Cosimo is in the ilex tree
(b) the dog is in the tree
(c) Cosimo quits talking
(d) they don't see her white horse
8. For what does Cosimo become most famous?
(a) telling stories
(b) being a baron
(c) killing wild animals
(d) havin a dog in the trees
9. What is one of the first things Viola and Cosimo talk about?
(a) Cosimo's father
(b) the day of their separtion
(c) Viola's aunts
(d) the boy gang of thieves
10. In what languages do Cosimo and Prince Andrej converse?
(a) Russian and Italian
(b) English and Italian
(c) Russian and French
(d) Italian and French
11. Why does Cosimo keep the pirate's treasure a secret?
(a) so the pirates will come back
(b) so the colliers will be able to take it
(c) so his uncle isn't thought bad of
(d) so he can live off the food for years
12. Why did Biagio climb into the trees when his brother was 65 years old?
(a) to bring him a picture of Viola
(b) to bring him food
(c) to ask him to come down
(d) to bring Viola there
13. Who talks with Cosimo as an interpreter?
(a) Abbe Fensi Buccali
(b) he doesn't need one, he speaks Spainish
(c) Father Sulpicio de Guadalete
(d) Diego Sanchez Torio
14. What does Cosimo do to the Austrian soldiers?
(a) gives them fleas
(b) pours water in their sleeping bags
(c) throws their clothes in the river
(d) lures them into traps
15. Why has Cosimo decided to help the townspeople with their tithes to the nobles?
(a) to show how much he loves them
(b) to have fun
(c) to support the cause of justice and fairness
(d) to get more money
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cosimo contribute to the secret ceremonies?
2. How does it seem the girls who spend the night with Cosimo feel?
3. How many others are meeting with him?
4. What does Cosimo challenge the Father to do?
5. What does Cosimo claim to be to the group?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)