Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cosimo see hope for in his dream?
(a) war would end
(b) the trees would stay forever
(c) his constitution would be used
(d) the common people would be fed
2. What army came in and almost arrested Battista and her husband?
(a) the English army
(b) the Republican army
(c) the Italian army
(d) the Austrian army
3. Who comes back to Ombrosa with the troops?
(b) Father Sulpico
4. Why does Viola leave?
(a) she has estates she needs to care for
(b) she has a husband in Paris
(c) she gets bored
(d) she can't get Cosimo to understand her
5. What does Cosimo do when he sees the group?
(a) hits them with tree limbs
(b) ignores them
(c) greets them politely
(d) throws rocks at them
6. What do the nobles do in response to the collecting problem?
(a) burn the village down
(b) hang one of every 20 people
(c) lock themselves in their houses
(d) shoot Cosimo
7. What does Cosimo confess when Ursula's father asks about his intentions?
(a) he doesn't know how he feels
(b) he will marry her and come with them
(c) he is just a friend
(d) he loves her
8. How does Cosimo feel when Viola is acting capricious or trying to provoke jealousy?
(b) confused and frustrated
9. What does Cosimo challenge the Father to do?
(a) have a fist fight
(b) settle their dispute
(c) a sword duel
(d) tell him more of the church
10. What does Cosimo do to the Austrian soldiers?
(a) pours water in their sleeping bags
(b) lures them into traps
(c) throws their clothes in the river
(d) gives them fleas
11. What do the townspeople call Cosimo?
(a) Homeless Baron
(b) Tree Baron
(c) Landless Baron
(d) Lord Baron
12. What does Viola want Cosimo to allow?
(a) her multiple lovers
(b) her frequent trips away
(c) not getting married
(d) having children
13. How does the Austrian soldiers appear to Cosimo?
(b) organized and efficient
(c) well disciplined but with no woods knowledge
(d) kill happy
14. Why are the Spaniards in the trees?
(a) they are waiting for their homes to be built
(b) they have no homes
(c) they heard of Cosimo and want to try his life
(d) they are exiles
15. What is Cosimo's next project after Viola leaves?
(a) advocate and ambassador for the birds
(b) planting a new orchard
(c) finding a wife
(d) writing a book
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the townspeople feel about Cosimo and Viola's relationship?
2. For what reason does Cosimo protect the townspeople?
3. Why is a girl on a horse riding hard across the field for the trees?
4. Why is Biagio called home?
5. What happens when a jealous suitor goes after Cosimo?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)