|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Spaniards keep doing about their situation?
(a) draft letters of appeal to their sovereign
(b) collect weapons
(d) build an army
2. Who collects the tithes from the people?
(a) the bailiff
(b) the sheriff
(c) the actuary
(d) the noble
3. What does Cosimo do that his mother enjoys?
(a) brings his sister home
(b) fetch her comforts
(c) marries a strong woman
(d) takes up soldiering
4. For what reason has Cosimo found that Ottimo Massimo does not come back often?
(a) he has died
(b) he has found a female dog
(c) he is being fed better at another house
(d) he stays with a widow
5. What role does Cosimo slip into with the Spaniards?
(a) a favorite son
(b) a protector
(c) a teacher
(d) a bringer of revolution
6. Why do the townspeople raise a bed in the trees for Cosimo?
(a) as payment fo his kindness
(b) Biagio thought he'd like their father's bed
(c) so he would live longer
(d) his health is failing
7. How does the Austrian soldiers appear to Cosimo?
(a) organized and efficient
(b) well disciplined but with no woods knowledge
(c) kill happy
8. What do the Austrians say about the woods?
(a) they are beautiful
(b) the woods are full of Jacobins
(c) they are evil
(d) they are good cover for troops
9. What do the nobles do in response to the collecting problem?
(a) shoot Cosimo
(b) burn the village down
(c) hang one of every 20 people
(d) lock themselves in their houses
10. What does Cosimo do to the Austrian soldiers?
(a) gives them fleas
(b) pours water in their sleeping bags
(c) lures them into traps
(d) throws their clothes in the river
11. What does Cosimo do when he sees the group?
(a) throws rocks at them
(b) greets them politely
(c) ignores them
(d) hits them with tree limbs
12. Who comes back to Ombrosa with the troops?
(b) Father Sulpico
13. What does Biagio do after the Generalessa dies?
(a) joins a monastery
(b) goes to live in the trees
(c) moves to Paris
(d) gets married
14. What do the Spainish men sit upon in the trees?
(a) tree limbs
(b) round stools
15. Why are the Spaniards in the trees?
(a) they are waiting for their homes to be built
(b) they are exiles
(c) they heard of Cosimo and want to try his life
(d) they have no homes
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Biagio climb into the trees when his brother was 65 years old?
2. For what does Cosimo become most famous?
3. Why does Cosimo keep the pirate's treasure a secret?
4. What does Cosimo do with the French soldiers?
5. What does Viola do when she thinks she's not important enough to Cosimo?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)