|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Cosimo leave the hot air balloon?
(a) in the mountains
(b) in France
(c) over the ocean
(d) over his father's castle
2. Why is Biagio called home?
(a) their mother's asthma has gotten much worse
(b) Cosimo wants him to be Baron
(c) his sister is ill
(d) Cosimo has fallen from a tall tree
3. Biagio says Cosimo and Viola's relationship works best when?
(a) when it is mutually adventuresome
(b) when he is telling stories
(c) when the dog is around
(d) when she is tired
4. What gives Cosimo hope that he can find a lover?
(a) his mother is arranging his marriage
(b) several women have expressed interest
(c) Viola has returned
(d) a community of Spaniards living in the trees
5. Where is Cosimo spending much of winter?
(a) in his sleeping bag
(b) at Viola's old garden
(c) in the tallest tree around
(d) near his brother's home
6. What does Biagio seem to indicate is the main reason for the Baron's death?
(a) disappointment over life
(b) his wife had died
(c) the plague
(d) an old war injury
7. What do the townspeople call Cosimo?
(a) Lord Baron
(b) Homeless Baron
(c) Tree Baron
(d) Landless Baron
8. When Cosimo writes a treatise on living in the trees to whom does he send it?
(c) Prince Frederick
(d) the Abbe
9. Why has Cosimo become known as such a great lover?
(b) he spread the story himself
(c) people hearing him in the trees
(d) women talking
10. What man returns to the town in a dream Cosimo has?
(b) Battista's husband
(c) the Abbe
(d) his father
11. Why does he help the French lay out roads?
(a) for something to do
(b) to protect the trees
(c) to save the farms
(d) for a wage
12. For what reason has Cosimo found that Ottimo Massimo does not come back often?
(a) he has died
(b) he has found a female dog
(c) he stays with a widow
(d) he is being fed better at another house
13. What does Viola do when she thinks she's not important enough to Cosimo?
(b) withdraws her affection
(c) slaps him
(d) won't let him speak to her
14. What does Cosimo do that his mother enjoys?
(a) takes up soldiering
(b) fetch her comforts
(c) marries a strong woman
(d) brings his sister home
15. What happens when a jealous suitor goes after Cosimo?
(a) his arm is broken
(b) he breaks his ankle
(c) he gets grapeshot in his leg
(d) his nose is broken
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the girl and Cosimo decide before he leaves?
2. What does Cosimo claim to be to the group?
3. What happens to Cosimo when Viola leaves?
4. How does Cosimo feel when Viola is acting capricious or trying to provoke jealousy?
5. What does Viola want Cosimo to allow?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)