|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Cosimo change the name of his newspaper by the end of Chapter 26?
(a) Reasonable Vertebrate
(b) Man and Reason
(c) Love Gone
(d) Life is Difficult
2. How do the Spaniards appear to Cosimo?
(a) finely dressed, somber, and civilized
(b) rough and uneducated
(d) dirty and poor
3. What is Cosimo doing for long periods of time as an old man?
(a) talking to his brother
(b) sitting still and silent
(c) writing a book
(d) telling stories
4. Why is Biagio called home?
(a) Cosimo has fallen from a tall tree
(b) their mother's asthma has gotten much worse
(c) Cosimo wants him to be Baron
(d) his sister is ill
5. How many others are meeting with him?
6. Why are the young men fleeing into the woods?
(a) to avoid taxes
(b) to find food for their families
(c) to avoid conscription
(d) to fight against the army
7. What do Cosimo and Prince Andrej find they have in common?
(a) liking to live in trees
(b) not having a girlfriend
(c) a great, great uncle on his father's side
(d) ideals by which they live
8. How has Viola being in the trees changed the atmosphere in the trees?
(a) Viola has torn down the tent
(b) it hasn't changed
(c) Cosimo spends less with the trees
(d) Cosimo has made it more gracious
9. How do the townspeople know Viola has left for a long absence?
(a) Cosimo quits talking
(b) the dog is in the tree
(c) they don't see her white horse
(d) when Cosimo is in the ilex tree
10. What does he tell the vintners about the tithes that year?
(a) the nobles will collect nothing
(b) they can spread the payment out
(c) they can pay late
(d) they will double
11. Biagio says Cosimo and Viola's relationship works best when?
(a) when she is tired
(b) when he is telling stories
(c) when the dog is around
(d) when it is mutually adventuresome
12. When Cosimo writes a treatise on living in the trees to whom does he send it?
(a) the Abbe
(b) Prince Frederick
13. What does Cosimo do to the Austrian soldiers?
(a) pours water in their sleeping bags
(b) lures them into traps
(c) gives them fleas
(d) throws their clothes in the river
14. What army came in and almost arrested Battista and her husband?
(a) the Republican army
(b) the English army
(c) the Italian army
(d) the Austrian army
15. Who collects the tithes from the people?
(a) the noble
(b) the bailiff
(c) the actuary
(d) the sheriff
Short Answer Questions
1. Cosimo says love is best served when what is allowed?
2. What does Viola say Cosimo's idea of love is?
3. What does Biagio do after the Generalessa dies?
4. Why does Viola leave?
5. Where does Biagio go for a year?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)