|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cosimo see hope for in his dream?
(a) the common people would be fed
(b) the trees would stay forever
(c) his constitution would be used
(d) war would end
2. What does Cosimo claim to be to the group?
(a) an atheist
(b) a married man
(c) a monk
(d) a Freemason
3. How do the Spaniards appear to Cosimo?
(a) rough and uneducated
(b) finely dressed, somber, and civilized
(d) dirty and poor
4. What does Cosimo do that his mother enjoys?
(a) brings his sister home
(b) fetch her comforts
(c) marries a strong woman
(d) takes up soldiering
5. What gives Cosimo hope that he can find a lover?
(a) several women have expressed interest
(b) a community of Spaniards living in the trees
(c) his mother is arranging his marriage
(d) Viola has returned
6. Why has Cosimo decided to help the townspeople with their tithes to the nobles?
(a) to get more money
(b) to have fun
(c) to support the cause of justice and fairness
(d) to show how much he loves them
7. Why has Cosimo become known as such a great lover?
(a) he spread the story himself
(c) people hearing him in the trees
(d) women talking
8. What do the nobles do in response to the collecting problem?
(a) hang one of every 20 people
(b) lock themselves in their houses
(c) shoot Cosimo
(d) burn the village down
9. Who has written Father Sulpicio about revolutionary ideas?
(a) the church
(b) the Abbe
(c) Cosimo's mother
(d) Cosimo's younger brother
10. When Cosimo writes a treatise on living in the trees to whom does he send it?
(a) the Abbe
(c) Prince Frederick
11. What man returns to the town in a dream Cosimo has?
(a) the Abbe
(c) his father
(d) Battista's husband
12. What color are Ursula's eyes?
(c) the color of periwinkles
13. What does Cosimo challenge the Father to do?
(a) settle their dispute
(b) have a fist fight
(c) a sword duel
(d) tell him more of the church
14. What is Cosimo doing for long periods of time as an old man?
(a) talking to his brother
(b) telling stories
(c) writing a book
(d) sitting still and silent
15. What does Viola do when she thinks she's not important enough to Cosimo?
(a) withdraws her affection
(c) won't let him speak to her
(d) slaps him
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Biagio wish about his and his brother's ideas they had when they were young?
2. What has Cosimo told the Spaniards is his reason for staying in the trees?
3. Why do the townspeople raise a bed in the trees for Cosimo?
4. What does Biagio seem to indicate is the main reason for the Baron's death?
5. What does Cosimo do when he sees the group?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)