|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Cosimo change the name of his newspaper by the end of Chapter 26?
(a) Love Gone
(b) Reasonable Vertebrate
(c) Man and Reason
(d) Life is Difficult
2. What is the girl doing while she and Cosimo are talking?
(a) wading in a pond
(b) petting the dog
(c) grooming her horse
(d) ordering the servants around
3. What does Cosimo confess when Ursula's father asks about his intentions?
(a) he doesn't know how he feels
(b) he loves her
(c) he is just a friend
(d) he will marry her and come with them
4. Where does Cosimo send three French soldiers who have come through the woods?
(a) to his brother's house
(b) to bathe
(c) through the east part of the woods
(d) to Viola's old house
5. What do the girl and Cosimo decide before he leaves?
(a) that they would marry
(b) to meet somewhere
(c) that the dog can stay with her
(d) that Cosimo would visit her in a week
6. How has Viola being in the trees changed the atmosphere in the trees?
(a) Cosimo spends less with the trees
(b) it hasn't changed
(c) Viola has torn down the tent
(d) Cosimo has made it more gracious
7. Who talks with Cosimo as an interpreter?
(a) he doesn't need one, he speaks Spainish
(b) Father Sulpicio de Guadalete
(c) Abbe Fensi Buccali
(d) Diego Sanchez Torio
8. What has Cosimo told the Spaniards is his reason for staying in the trees?
(a) he has no home
(b) he would be arrested if he came down
(c) he likes living above the ground
(d) it's his chosen form of protest
9. What happens to Cosimo when Viola leaves?
(a) he comes down from the trees
(b) nothing happens
(c) he begins to act like a Baron
(d) he takes leave of his senses
10. Why is a girl on a horse riding hard across the field for the trees?
(a) she ran into a hornet's nest
(b) she has lost control of her horse
(c) she exercising her horse
(d) two men are chasing her
11. What noise does Cosimo have the people do in the distance surrounding the collection area?
(a) sword fighting sounds
(b) pots and pans being hit on
(c) rocks banging together
(d) conch shells being blown
12. What does Cosimo do that his mother enjoys?
(a) marries a strong woman
(b) takes up soldiering
(c) brings his sister home
(d) fetch her comforts
13. Who comes back to Ombrosa with the troops?
(a) Father Sulpico
14. Why does Cosimo finally have to pay attention to life again?
(a) his dog comes back
(b) a pack of woves enter town
(c) his brother is ill
(d) the trees need pruning
15. How does the Austrian soldiers appear to Cosimo?
(a) kill happy
(c) well disciplined but with no woods knowledge
(d) organized and efficient
Short Answer Questions
1. How does it seem the girls who spend the night with Cosimo feel?
2. What does Viola want Cosimo to allow?
3. What does Cosimo claim to be to the group?
4. What do the Spainish men sit upon in the trees?
5. In what languages do Cosimo and Prince Andrej converse?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)