|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cosimo do when Gian de Brughi is captured?
(a) claims to have done it himself
(b) testifies against him
(c) send him flowers
(d) rescues him
2. Who follows Viola when she goes riding on her horse?
(a) her aunts
(b) her older sister
(c) no one
(d) her brother
3. What does the Baron do when an important family visits?
(a) asks them to see if he'll come down for them
(b) asks them to take Cosimo to Paris
(c) takes them to the family estate away from Cosimo
(d) tries to keep Cosimo hidden
4. Who does Cosimo begin correspondences with?
(a) writers of the books he likes
(b) the King's court
(c) his extended family
(d) the Ecclesiastical Tribunal
5. What do the burglars who tried to use Gian do to Cosimo?
(a) kidnapped his brother
(b) set his tree on fire
(c) killed his dog
(d) stole his tent
6. What does Cosimo build in the trees for his books?
(a) a protected bookcase
(b) a hanging waterproof basket
(d) a new wooden dwelling
7. What bothers Cosimo most about fig trees?
(a) they are too short
(b) they're so sticky
(c) they smell
(d) they have too many birds
8. What does Biagio do when he goes to bed that night?
(a) leaves a candle burning for his brother
(b) sneaks out after everyone's asleep
(c) prays that Cosimo will come hom
(d) cries himself to sleep
9. What does his uncle do when the pirates beginning running away?
(a) he climbs Cosimo's tree
(b) he runs with them
(c) he kills the leader
(d) he tries to escape too
10. Why does the Cavalier sneak off the Baron's land sometimes?
(a) to meet with a member of court
(b) to tend to his bees
(c) to meet a woman
(d) to go to the tavern
11. Why does the Abbe listen so carefully to Cosimo?
(a) he is full of startling ideas
(b) he is bored with his life
(c) he is his teacher
(d) he tries to correct Cosimo's language
12. Where is Viola sent when she leaves home?
(a) to her aunts' house
(b) to a boarding school
(c) to a reform school
(d) to the store
13. Who does Cosimo's father send after him?
(a) the teacher
(b) his sister
(c) the Cavalier
(d) his brother
14. What does Cosimo conclude after studying Gian de Brughi's life and the stories about him?
(a) other thieves just use his name
(b) he doesn't exist
(c) he would have to be very old
(d) he would have to use the trees to get away
15. What does Cosimo see pirates doing one night?
(a) getting drunk
(b) unloading cargo into a cave
(c) kidnapping women
(d) stealing goats
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the boys who steal fruit react to Cosimo at first?
2. Why is Cosimo curious about the thieve, Gian de Brughi?
3. Why does the Baron scold Cosimo?
4. Why is Cosimo attempting to catch his uncle with the pirates?
5. What does Cosimo suggest the Cavalier might do?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)