|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Cosimo's father send after him?
(a) his sister
(b) the teacher
(c) the Cavalier
(d) his brother
2. What does Cosimo conclude after studying Gian de Brughi's life and the stories about him?
(a) he would have to use the trees to get away
(b) other thieves just use his name
(c) he would have to be very old
(d) he doesn't exist
3. What does Cosimo's mother decide about him staying in the trees?
(a) she climbs in the trees herself
(b) she disowns him
(c) becomes quite proud of her son
(d) she makes him a pillow
4. Why is the children's teacher with Cosimo's family?
(a) he's Cosimo's cousin
(b) escaping the Inquisition
(c) he's Cosimo's uncle
(d) he is escaping being jailed for theft
5. What eventually happens to the tree after it was covered in glue?
(a) it became a national monument
(b) it turns purple
(c) it becomes very heavy
(d) it dies
6. Who does Viola blame for being shut up in her bedroom?
(a) her mother
(b) the band of boys
(d) the Cavalier
7. What do the pirates do to the Cavalier?
(a) give him money
(b) carry him away
(c) beat him up
(d) kill him
8. Why does the Baron scold Cosimo?
(a) for stealing clothing
(b) for riding a horse that wasn't his
(c) for stealing food
(d) making a spectacle of himself
9. Why is Biagio worried about Cosimo the night his father spoke with him?
(a) his father is blaming Biagio
(b) his father is calling the magistrate
(c) it's the first rainstorm since Cosimo left
(d) Biagio is seeing ghosts at home
10. Why do Cosimo's mother and father stroll through the forest?
(a) to go to the village
(b) for exercise
(c) to entice him out of the trees
(d) to find more snails for dinner
11. Why does the Cavalier sneak off the Baron's land sometimes?
(a) to meet with a member of court
(b) to meet a woman
(c) to go to the tavern
(d) to tend to his bees
12. Where does Cosimo carve his dog's name?
(a) on the roof of his father's house
(b) on his favorite tree
(c) on Viola's garden wall
(d) on his sword shealth
13. What does Biagio bring Cosimo during the rainstorm?
(a) an old army tent
(b) food and two umbrellas
(c) a waterproof sleeping bag
(d) a rain coat
14. What do the townspeople do when Cosimo tells them of the cave?
(a) call the army
(b) tell him not to wake them up
(c) go to take the treasure
(d) go to arrest the Cavalier
15. What does Cosimo's mother want to know about his teams?
(a) if they obey him
(b) if they want to live in the trees with him
(c) if they're armed and doing maneuvers
(d) if they feed him
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Biagio do when he goes to bed that night?
2. What bothers Cosimo most about fig trees?
3. How does Cosimo defend himself against a suggest of trespass in the garden?
4. What kind of plants does Cosimo find in a neighbor's garden?
5. How does the family make another attempt in the afternoon to get Cosimo down?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)