|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Biagio bring Cosimo during the rainstorm?
(a) a waterproof sleeping bag
(b) a rain coat
(c) food and two umbrellas
(d) an old army tent
2. How far does Cosimo discover the trees go?
(a) at least four neighbors down
(b) beyond even Ombrossa
(c) mostly around his house and Viola's
(d) close to the town
3. What bothers Cosimo most about fig trees?
(a) they have too many birds
(b) they smell
(c) they are too short
(d) they're so sticky
4. Why to thieves drag Gian de Brughi from his hiding place?
(a) so he will be blamed for their crimes
(b) so he can help them
(c) for the reward money
(d) to make him commit a robery
5. What do the boys do when Cosimo and Viola ignore them?
(a) throw gravel at them
(b) spray them with water
(c) scream at them
(d) throw fruit at them
6. What is Cosimo learning from the people below him?
(a) how to build a house
(b) how to grow food
(c) new languages
(d) how to ride a horse
7. What do Cosimo and his dog wait patiently for?
(a) his brother to visit
(b) the boys in the gang
(c) Viola to come home
(d) animals to hunt
8. What does Gian de Brughi do while in hiding from the law after Cosimo rescued him?
(a) write his memoirs
(b) practice picking locks
(c) read books
(d) practices sword play
9. What kind of talent does Battista have?
(a) painting portraits
(b) preparing rodents and animals for eating
(d) weaving beautiful blankets
10. What does the Cavalier do for the Baron?
(a) keep his books
(b) control the peasants
(c) protect his land
(d) protect his wife
11. What does Cosimo suggest the Cavalier might do?
(a) get married
(b) bring Cosimo some food
(c) go to court
(d) design an irigation system
12. How does Cosimo's family receive the news of his popularity?
(a) with anger
(d) with indifference
13. Who does Cosimo begin correspondences with?
(a) writers of the books he likes
(b) the King's court
(c) his extended family
(d) the Ecclesiastical Tribunal
14. Who sneaks out and covers Cosimo's tree with glue?
(c) the Cavalier
15. How long were the brothers locked in their rooms for trying to rescue snails?
(a) two days
(b) a week
(c) 24 hours
(d) three days
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the family make another attempt in the afternoon to get Cosimo down?
2. What does Viola offer Cosimo before she goes in the house?
3. What does Cosimo decide to build?
4. Who does the Baron confide in and seek advice from?
5. What does Sinforosa do for the band of little boys?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)