|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Biagio worried about Cosimo the night his father spoke with him?
(a) his father is calling the magistrate
(b) his father is blaming Biagio
(c) Biagio is seeing ghosts at home
(d) it's the first rainstorm since Cosimo left
2. Why do the boys' mothers get upset with them?
(a) they aren't in school
(b) they don't go to church
(c) they didn't steal enough fruit
(d) they are stealing fruit
3. Why does Cosimo believe olive trees are great for climbing?
(a) they have small leaves
(b) their branches are close together
(c) they smell nice
(d) they have good traction
4. What is Cosimo learning from the people below him?
(a) new languages
(b) how to ride a horse
(c) how to build a house
(d) how to grow food
5. Where does Cosimo hide most of his letters?
(a) in his tent
(b) inside his sleeping bag
(c) in the hollow of a tree
(d) in an old bird's nest
6. What eventually happens to the tree after it was covered in glue?
(a) it became a national monument
(b) it dies
(c) it becomes very heavy
(d) it turns purple
7. How does Cosimo's family receive the news of his popularity?
(a) with indifference
(d) with anger
8. How does Cosimo drink and bathe?
(a) hauling buckets from the river
(b) he has a hose from the ground
(c) his brother brings him pails from the well
(d) with rainwater
9. Why does the Baron scold Cosimo?
(a) for stealing clothing
(b) making a spectacle of himself
(c) for riding a horse that wasn't his
(d) for stealing food
10. Why is Cosimo curious about the thieve, Gian de Brughi?
(a) he wants to know what it's like to be famous
(b) he wants to learn how to steal
(c) he wants to capture him for the fame
(d) he's been blamed for many robberies
11. What kind of talent does Battista have?
(a) preparing rodents and animals for eating
(b) weaving beautiful blankets
(d) painting portraits
12. How does Cosimo's mother communicate with him?
(a) through a bull horn
(b) sending village boys with notes
(c) screaming up at the tree
(d) flag signals
13. What kind of dog does Cosimo befriend?
(a) a poodle
(b) a retriever
(c) a Komodor
(d) a dachshund
14. What does Cosimo conclude after studying Gian de Brughi's life and the stories about him?
(a) he would have to be very old
(b) other thieves just use his name
(c) he doesn't exist
(d) he would have to use the trees to get away
15. What happens to Gian de Brughi?
(a) he has to pay a huge fine
(b) his hand is cut off
(c) he is sent to prison
(d) he is hung
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Cosimo trying to do about the people who live below him?
2. What does Biagio offer Cosimo as an apology?
3. What does Cosimo decide to build?
4. What does Cosimo's father give him?
5. What does the Cavalier notice when watching Cosimo in the trees?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)