|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Cosimo first to discover about the trees?
(a) they are more species than known
(b) they are much older than people thought
(c) they are not healthy
(d) the possible mobility trees provide
2. What does Biagio do when he goes to bed that night?
(a) prays that Cosimo will come hom
(b) leaves a candle burning for his brother
(c) sneaks out after everyone's asleep
(d) cries himself to sleep
3. Who follows Viola when she goes riding on her horse?
(a) no one
(b) her aunts
(c) her brother
(d) her older sister
4. What does Cosimo decide to build?
(a) a new tree house
(b) barrels of water high in the trees
(c) a zip line system in the trees
(d) walkways between trees
5. What does Cosimo suggest the Cavalier might do?
(a) go to court
(b) bring Cosimo some food
(c) design an irigation system
(d) get married
6. Why does the Baron want Cosimo to come down from the trees?
(a) to stop his mother from crying
(b) to assume his duties as a Baron heir
(c) to go to a monastery
(d) to help his little brother
7. What does Cosimo conclude after studying Gian de Brughi's life and the stories about him?
(a) other thieves just use his name
(b) he doesn't exist
(c) he would have to be very old
(d) he would have to use the trees to get away
8. How does the family make another attempt in the afternoon to get Cosimo down?
(a) the father climbs in the trees
(b) offering cake and hot chocolate
(c) threatens to call the police
(d) says he can eat what he wants
9. What does Viola offer Cosimo before she goes in the house?
(b) hot tea
(c) hot chocolate
(d) milk and cookies
10. Why is the children's teacher with Cosimo's family?
(a) escaping the Inquisition
(b) he's Cosimo's cousin
(c) he is escaping being jailed for theft
(d) he's Cosimo's uncle
11. What does Cosimo's family celebrate with a big affair?
(a) his parents anniversary
(b) Battista's engagement
(c) the return of the king
(d) Cosimo's birthday
12. How does the Count that visits feel about Cosimo's life?
(a) that he'll out grow it
(b) fascinated and impressed
(c) that their son should join him
(d) that it's silly
13. How does Sinforosa get around the village?
(a) she swings through the trees
(b) she walks
(c) on a white horse
(d) in a carriage
14. How does Cosimo drink and bathe?
(a) his brother brings him pails from the well
(b) hauling buckets from the river
(c) he has a hose from the ground
(d) with rainwater
15. Why does the Abbe listen so carefully to Cosimo?
(a) he is bored with his life
(b) he is full of startling ideas
(c) he is his teacher
(d) he tries to correct Cosimo's language
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sinforosa do for the band of little boys?
2. Why is Biagio worried about Cosimo the night his father spoke with him?
3. What does the Count say he's going to do with Cosimo's story?
4. How does Cosimo want his brother to prove he can be trusted?
5. Why does Cosimo believe olive trees are great for climbing?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)