|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job does Cosimo do for local growers?
(a) picking fruit
(b) chasing birds off of crops
(c) pruning trees
(d) killing rabbits
2. How does Cosimo want his brother to prove he can be trusted?
(a) to steal some jewelery from their mother
(b) to sneak things for making a shelter
(c) to give him food everyday
(d) to talk to Viola
3. What group of individuals hears about the Abbe's conversations with Cosimo?
(a) the burglers
(b) the Ecclesiastical Tribunal
(c) the King's Court
(d) Cosimo's extended family
4. Who does Cosimo's father send after him?
(a) the teacher
(b) the Cavalier
(c) his sister
(d) his brother
5. Why to thieves drag Gian de Brughi from his hiding place?
(a) so he can help them
(b) so he will be blamed for their crimes
(c) for the reward money
(d) to make him commit a robery
6. What does Cosimo decide to build?
(a) walkways between trees
(b) a new tree house
(c) barrels of water high in the trees
(d) a zip line system in the trees
7. How long were the brothers locked in their rooms for trying to rescue snails?
(a) a week
(b) 24 hours
(c) two days
(d) three days
8. Who does the Baron confide in and seek advice from?
(a) the Cavalier
(b) Viola's father
(d) his wife
9. What happens to Gian de Brughi?
(a) his hand is cut off
(b) he has to pay a huge fine
(c) he is hung
(d) he is sent to prison
10. Why is the children's teacher with Cosimo's family?
(a) he's Cosimo's cousin
(b) escaping the Inquisition
(c) he's Cosimo's uncle
(d) he is escaping being jailed for theft
11. What do the townspeople do when Cosimo tells them of the cave?
(a) tell him not to wake them up
(b) go to take the treasure
(c) call the army
(d) go to arrest the Cavalier
12. Why do Cosimo's mother and father stroll through the forest?
(a) for exercise
(b) to entice him out of the trees
(c) to find more snails for dinner
(d) to go to the village
13. Why does the Baron scold Cosimo?
(a) for stealing food
(b) making a spectacle of himself
(c) for riding a horse that wasn't his
(d) for stealing clothing
14. What do the pirates do to the Cavalier?
(a) carry him away
(b) give him money
(c) beat him up
(d) kill him
15. Why does the Cavalier sneak off the Baron's land sometimes?
(a) to go to the tavern
(b) to tend to his bees
(c) to meet a woman
(d) to meet with a member of court
Short Answer Questions
1. How far does Cosimo discover the trees go?
2. What does Cosimo see pirates doing one night?
3. What does Biagio do when he goes to bed that night?
4. What happens when the townspeople and the pirates meet?
5. What is Cosimo learning from the people below him?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)