|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why to thieves drag Gian de Brughi from his hiding place?
(a) so he can help them
(b) for the reward money
(c) to make him commit a robery
(d) so he will be blamed for their crimes
2. Where does Cosimo hide most of his letters?
(a) in his tent
(b) in the hollow of a tree
(c) inside his sleeping bag
(d) in an old bird's nest
3. What do the boys do when Cosimo and Viola ignore them?
(a) spray them with water
(b) scream at them
(c) throw gravel at them
(d) throw fruit at them
4. How far does Cosimo discover the trees go?
(a) beyond even Ombrossa
(b) mostly around his house and Viola's
(c) at least four neighbors down
(d) close to the town
5. What bothers Cosimo most about fig trees?
(a) they have too many birds
(b) they are too short
(c) they smell
(d) they're so sticky
6. What does Cosimo conclude after studying Gian de Brughi's life and the stories about him?
(a) he would have to use the trees to get away
(b) other thieves just use his name
(c) he doesn't exist
(d) he would have to be very old
7. What is one of the main desires the Baron has concerning his son's choice of living arrangements?
(a) to hide it from the world
(b) that he be comfortable and safe
(c) that he becomes famous for it
(d) that he hate it and come home
8. Why is Cosimo attempting to catch his uncle with the pirates?
(a) he thinks it's exciting
(b) he wants to tell his father
(c) he wants a share of the cut
(d) he thinks he's a traitor
9. Who follows Viola when she goes riding on her horse?
(a) her brother
(b) no one
(c) her older sister
(d) her aunts
10. How does Cosimo drink and bathe?
(a) with rainwater
(b) hauling buckets from the river
(c) he has a hose from the ground
(d) his brother brings him pails from the well
11. What does Gian de Brughi do while in hiding from the law after Cosimo rescued him?
(a) read books
(b) write his memoirs
(c) practice picking locks
(d) practices sword play
12. How does the family make another attempt in the afternoon to get Cosimo down?
(a) the father climbs in the trees
(b) offering cake and hot chocolate
(c) threatens to call the police
(d) says he can eat what he wants
13. Where does Cosimo carve his dog's name?
(a) on his favorite tree
(b) on Viola's garden wall
(c) on his sword shealth
(d) on the roof of his father's house
14. What does Sinforosa do for the band of little boys?
(a) gives them cast off clothing
(b) tells them where the ripe fruit is
(c) tells them where to sleep at night
(d) gives them biscuits and wine
15. What is Cosimo first to discover about the trees?
(a) they are much older than people thought
(b) the possible mobility trees provide
(c) they are not healthy
(d) they are more species than known
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the pirates do to the Cavalier?
2. Why is Cosimo's father so upset about him being gone?
3. How long were the brothers locked in their rooms for trying to rescue snails?
4. What does Cosimo's mother want to know about his teams?
5. What does Cosimo kill that has come up the tree where he is?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)