|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Biagio do when he goes to bed that night?
(a) cries himself to sleep
(b) sneaks out after everyone's asleep
(c) prays that Cosimo will come hom
(d) leaves a candle burning for his brother
2. Why do the boys' mothers get upset with them?
(a) they didn't steal enough fruit
(b) they don't go to church
(c) they aren't in school
(d) they are stealing fruit
3. Who does Viola blame for being shut up in her bedroom?
(b) her mother
(c) the band of boys
(d) the Cavalier
4. Who does Cosimo begin correspondences with?
(a) the Ecclesiastical Tribunal
(b) the King's court
(c) writers of the books he likes
(d) his extended family
5. What do the burglars who tried to use Gian do to Cosimo?
(a) set his tree on fire
(b) killed his dog
(c) kidnapped his brother
(d) stole his tent
6. Why do Cosimo's mother and father stroll through the forest?
(a) to entice him out of the trees
(b) to go to the village
(c) to find more snails for dinner
(d) for exercise
7. Who does the Baron confide in and seek advice from?
(a) the Cavalier
(b) his wife
(d) Viola's father
8. How does the family make another attempt in the afternoon to get Cosimo down?
(a) says he can eat what he wants
(b) threatens to call the police
(c) offering cake and hot chocolate
(d) the father climbs in the trees
9. What group of individuals hears about the Abbe's conversations with Cosimo?
(a) the burglers
(b) the King's Court
(c) Cosimo's extended family
(d) the Ecclesiastical Tribunal
10. Who helps Cosimo with his plans?
(b) the Abbe
(c) his mother
(d) the Cavalier
11. What bothers Cosimo most about fig trees?
(a) they smell
(b) they are too short
(c) they have too many birds
(d) they're so sticky
12. Why is Biagio worried about Cosimo the night his father spoke with him?
(a) Biagio is seeing ghosts at home
(b) his father is blaming Biagio
(c) it's the first rainstorm since Cosimo left
(d) his father is calling the magistrate
13. What does the Cavalier do for the Baron?
(a) protect his land
(b) keep his books
(c) control the peasants
(d) protect his wife
14. What eventually happens to the tree after it was covered in glue?
(a) it dies
(b) it became a national monument
(c) it turns purple
(d) it becomes very heavy
15. What job does Cosimo do for local growers?
(a) killing rabbits
(b) chasing birds off of crops
(c) pruning trees
(d) picking fruit
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Cosimo's mother communicate with him?
2. What does Cosimo kill that has come up the tree where he is?
3. Why is Cosimo attempting to catch his uncle with the pirates?
4. Who watches Viola closely at her house?
5. Why is Cosimo curious about the thieve, Gian de Brughi?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)