|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cosimo's father yell out to him at dinner?
(a) he will be sent to prison
(b) if he doesn't come down he will starve
(c) Biagio will be confined to the house
(d) he is forgiven
2. What does Cosimo decide to build?
(a) walkways between trees
(b) barrels of water high in the trees
(c) a zip line system in the trees
(d) a new tree house
3. Why does Cosimo believe olive trees are great for climbing?
(a) they smell nice
(b) they have good traction
(c) they have small leaves
(d) their branches are close together
4. Why does the Abbe listen so carefully to Cosimo?
(a) he is full of startling ideas
(b) he tries to correct Cosimo's language
(c) he is his teacher
(d) he is bored with his life
5. What does the Cavalier do for the Baron?
(a) protect his land
(b) control the peasants
(c) keep his books
(d) protect his wife
6. What do the pirates do to the Cavalier?
(a) give him money
(b) beat him up
(c) kill him
(d) carry him away
7. What does Cosimo do when the Abbe Fauchelefleur passes below him?
(a) ignore him
(b) tosses bits of nature down on him
(c) talk to him
(d) spit on him
8. Why is Cosimo attempting to catch his uncle with the pirates?
(a) he wants to tell his father
(b) he thinks it's exciting
(c) he thinks he's a traitor
(d) he wants a share of the cut
9. What do the burglars who tried to use Gian do to Cosimo?
(a) kidnapped his brother
(b) killed his dog
(c) stole his tent
(d) set his tree on fire
10. What does Cosimo conclude after studying Gian de Brughi's life and the stories about him?
(a) he would have to be very old
(b) other thieves just use his name
(c) he would have to use the trees to get away
(d) he doesn't exist
11. Who does Cosimo begin correspondences with?
(a) his extended family
(b) writers of the books he likes
(c) the King's court
(d) the Ecclesiastical Tribunal
12. What happens to Gian de Brughi?
(a) his hand is cut off
(b) he is hung
(c) he has to pay a huge fine
(d) he is sent to prison
13. What does Cosimo's father give him?
(a) better clothes
(b) a bow and arrows
(c) his sword
(d) a new knife
14. What does the Count say he's going to do with Cosimo's story?
(a) get a judge to rule against him
(b) tell his story at court
(c) get the army out to pull him down
(d) give it to the newspapers
15. What does the Cavalier notice when watching Cosimo in the trees?
(a) his dog in the tree with him
(b) his tent house
(c) his homemade clothes
(d) his system for collecting water
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Viola offer Cosimo before she goes in the house?
2. What happens when the townspeople and the pirates meet?
3. What do the fruit boys learn from Cosimo?
4. How does Sinforosa get around the village?
5. How does Cosimo's family receive the news of his popularity?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)