|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has changed about the land the Baron wants Cosimo to rule some day?
(a) the organization of it
(b) the people who live on it
(c) the type of families that live on it
(d) the type of crops raised
2. Why do Cosimo's mother and father stroll through the forest?
(a) for exercise
(b) to find more snails for dinner
(c) to go to the village
(d) to entice him out of the trees
3. Why is Cosimo curious about the thieve, Gian de Brughi?
(a) he's been blamed for many robberies
(b) he wants to know what it's like to be famous
(c) he wants to learn how to steal
(d) he wants to capture him for the fame
4. What does Cosimo do when Gian de Brughi is captured?
(a) rescues him
(b) claims to have done it himself
(c) testifies against him
(d) send him flowers
5. Where does Cosimo carve his dog's name?
(a) on the roof of his father's house
(b) on his favorite tree
(c) on Viola's garden wall
(d) on his sword shealth
6. What does Biagio do when he goes to bed that night?
(a) cries himself to sleep
(b) prays that Cosimo will come hom
(c) leaves a candle burning for his brother
(d) sneaks out after everyone's asleep
7. What does Sinforosa do for the band of little boys?
(a) tells them where to sleep at night
(b) gives them biscuits and wine
(c) tells them where the ripe fruit is
(d) gives them cast off clothing
8. Who helps Cosimo with his plans?
(a) his mother
(b) the Abbe
(c) the Cavalier
9. What kind of plants does Cosimo find in a neighbor's garden?
(a) from all over the world
(b) tomato plants
(c) nut trees
(d) tropical plants
10. Who follows Viola when she goes riding on her horse?
(a) her older sister
(b) her aunts
(c) no one
(d) her brother
11. What does Gian de Brughi do while in hiding from the law after Cosimo rescued him?
(a) practice picking locks
(b) practices sword play
(c) write his memoirs
(d) read books
12. What does the Baron do when an important family visits?
(a) takes them to the family estate away from Cosimo
(b) tries to keep Cosimo hidden
(c) asks them to see if he'll come down for them
(d) asks them to take Cosimo to Paris
13. What is Cosimo trying to do about the people who live below him?
(a) educate them
(b) make friends and learn from them
(c) give them a better life
(d) steal from them to live
14. Who sneaks out and covers Cosimo's tree with glue?
(c) the Cavalier
15. Who does Cosimo's father send after him?
(a) his sister
(b) his brother
(c) the teacher
(d) the Cavalier
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Viola offer Cosimo before she goes in the house?
2. What do the pirates do to the Cavalier?
3. Where does Cosimo go when he is sent from the table for not eating?
4. How does the family make another attempt in the afternoon to get Cosimo down?
5. What does Cosimo tell Viola the next time he sees her?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)