Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cosimo decide to build?
(a) a zip line system in the trees
(b) a new tree house
(c) walkways between trees
(d) barrels of water high in the trees
2. Why does the Abbe listen so carefully to Cosimo?
(a) he is his teacher
(b) he is full of startling ideas
(c) he is bored with his life
(d) he tries to correct Cosimo's language
3. What does Cosimo suggest the Cavalier might do?
(a) go to court
(b) get married
(c) design an irigation system
(d) bring Cosimo some food
4. Why does the Baron want Cosimo to come down from the trees?
(a) to help his little brother
(b) to assume his duties as a Baron heir
(c) to go to a monastery
(d) to stop his mother from crying
5. How does Cosimo get a winter coat?
(a) he stole it
(b) he made it from animals he'd killed
(c) his mother sent one to him
(d) Viola gave him one
6. What does the Cavalier notice when watching Cosimo in the trees?
(a) his system for collecting water
(b) his dog in the tree with him
(c) his homemade clothes
(d) his tent house
7. What does Cosimo's mother decide about him staying in the trees?
(a) she makes him a pillow
(b) she climbs in the trees herself
(c) she disowns him
(d) becomes quite proud of her son
8. Why is Cosimo's father so upset about him being gone?
(a) he thinks he's too young
(b) he wanted him to be the next Baron
(c) his wife is upset with him for yelling at Cosimo
(d) he's going to be arrested for child abuse
9. What kind of dog does Cosimo befriend?
(a) a Komodor
(b) a poodle
(c) a retriever
(d) a dachshund
10. What does Gian de Brughi do while in hiding from the law after Cosimo rescued him?
(a) read books
(b) write his memoirs
(c) practices sword play
(d) practice picking locks
11. Why is the children's teacher with Cosimo's family?
(a) he's Cosimo's uncle
(b) he's Cosimo's cousin
(c) he is escaping being jailed for theft
(d) escaping the Inquisition
12. What does Cosimo say about resuming his education?
(a) he won't do it
(b) he will teach himself
(c) he will come home in the fall
(d) he's willing to do it
13. What does Cosimo conclude after studying Gian de Brughi's life and the stories about him?
(a) other thieves just use his name
(b) he would have to use the trees to get away
(c) he doesn't exist
(d) he would have to be very old
14. Why can Cosimo move from tree to tree?
(a) there are rope bridges
(b) there are zip lines between the trees
(c) Cosimo can jump long distances
(d) they are mature and grow close together
15. What is Cosimo learning from the people below him?
(a) how to ride a horse
(b) new languages
(c) how to build a house
(d) how to grow food
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Cavalier do for the Baron?
2. What does Cosimo build in the trees for his books?
3. Who watches Viola closely at her house?
4. What does Sinforosa do for the band of little boys?
5. Why do the men from town ask Cosimo to come down?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)