|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Cosimo learning from the people below him?
(a) how to ride a horse
(b) new languages
(c) how to grow food
(d) how to build a house
2. What bothers Cosimo most about fig trees?
(a) they smell
(b) they're so sticky
(c) they are too short
(d) they have too many birds
3. How long were the brothers locked in their rooms for trying to rescue snails?
(a) three days
(b) two days
(c) a week
(d) 24 hours
4. What does Cosimo decide to build?
(a) a new tree house
(b) barrels of water high in the trees
(c) a zip line system in the trees
(d) walkways between trees
5. Who does Viola blame for being shut up in her bedroom?
(a) her mother
(b) the band of boys
(d) the Cavalier
6. What job does Cosimo do for local growers?
(a) killing rabbits
(b) chasing birds off of crops
(c) pruning trees
(d) picking fruit
7. What does Cosimo tell the townspeople?
(a) he knows the way home
(b) the boys are afraid of him
(c) there is no reward
(d) he is not stealing
8. What does Cosimo do when Gian de Brughi is captured?
(a) rescues him
(b) claims to have done it himself
(c) send him flowers
(d) testifies against him
9. What does Cosimo's father yell out to him at dinner?
(a) Biagio will be confined to the house
(b) he will be sent to prison
(c) he is forgiven
(d) if he doesn't come down he will starve
10. Why does the Abbe listen so carefully to Cosimo?
(a) he is bored with his life
(b) he tries to correct Cosimo's language
(c) he is full of startling ideas
(d) he is his teacher
11. Why does the Baron scold Cosimo?
(a) for stealing clothing
(b) for riding a horse that wasn't his
(c) making a spectacle of himself
(d) for stealing food
12. What has changed about the land the Baron wants Cosimo to rule some day?
(a) the type of crops raised
(b) the organization of it
(c) the people who live on it
(d) the type of families that live on it
13. What is Cosimo trying to do about the people who live below him?
(a) make friends and learn from them
(b) steal from them to live
(c) educate them
(d) give them a better life
14. What do the fruit boys learn from Cosimo?
(a) how to find the best fruit
(b) how to move through the trees without going down
(c) that the farmers are nice people
(d) how to avoid the farmers' dogs scenting them
15. What does Cosimo's family celebrate with a big affair?
(a) Cosimo's birthday
(b) his parents anniversary
(c) Battista's engagement
(d) the return of the king
Short Answer Questions
1. What does his uncle do when the pirates beginning running away?
2. What kind of dog does Cosimo befriend?
3. What happens to Gian de Brughi?
4. How do the boys who steal fruit react to Cosimo at first?
5. How does the Count that visits feel about Cosimo's life?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)