|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sinforosa do for the band of little boys?
(a) tells them where to sleep at night
(b) tells them where the ripe fruit is
(c) gives them biscuits and wine
(d) gives them cast off clothing
2. What happens to Gian de Brughi?
(a) he is sent to prison
(b) he is hung
(c) his hand is cut off
(d) he has to pay a huge fine
3. Who helps Cosimo with his plans?
(a) the Abbe
(b) his mother
(d) the Cavalier
4. Who does Cosimo's father send after him?
(a) his brother
(b) the Cavalier
(c) his sister
(d) the teacher
5. What is Cosimo trying to do about the people who live below him?
(a) educate them
(b) steal from them to live
(c) make friends and learn from them
(d) give them a better life
6. What does Biagio offer Cosimo as an apology?
(a) a blanket
(b) a pie
(c) some water
(d) some wine
7. What does Cosimo tell the townspeople?
(a) the boys are afraid of him
(b) he is not stealing
(c) there is no reward
(d) he knows the way home
8. How does the family make another attempt in the afternoon to get Cosimo down?
(a) the father climbs in the trees
(b) threatens to call the police
(c) says he can eat what he wants
(d) offering cake and hot chocolate
9. Why can Cosimo move from tree to tree?
(a) there are zip lines between the trees
(b) there are rope bridges
(c) they are mature and grow close together
(d) Cosimo can jump long distances
10. What bothers Cosimo most about fig trees?
(a) they smell
(b) they are too short
(c) they're so sticky
(d) they have too many birds
11. What has changed about the land the Baron wants Cosimo to rule some day?
(a) the people who live on it
(b) the type of crops raised
(c) the organization of it
(d) the type of families that live on it
12. Why is Cosimo curious about the thieve, Gian de Brughi?
(a) he wants to know what it's like to be famous
(b) he's been blamed for many robberies
(c) he wants to capture him for the fame
(d) he wants to learn how to steal
13. Where does Cosimo go when he is sent from the table for not eating?
(a) to town
(b) to his room
(c) to the church
(d) holm oak in the back yard
14. Why does the Baron want Cosimo to come down from the trees?
(a) to stop his mother from crying
(b) to help his little brother
(c) to assume his duties as a Baron heir
(d) to go to a monastery
15. What does his uncle do when the pirates beginning running away?
(a) he climbs Cosimo's tree
(b) he runs with them
(c) he kills the leader
(d) he tries to escape too
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Viola offer Cosimo before she goes in the house?
2. Who does Viola blame for being shut up in her bedroom?
3. How does Cosimo's mother communicate with him?
4. What does Cosimo do when Gian de Brughi is captured?
5. Why do Cosimo's mother and father stroll through the forest?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)