|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cosimo's father give him?
(a) a new knife
(b) better clothes
(c) a bow and arrows
(d) his sword
2. What does Cosimo suggest the Cavalier might do?
(a) go to court
(b) bring Cosimo some food
(c) design an irigation system
(d) get married
3. Who does Viola blame for being shut up in her bedroom?
(a) the Cavalier
(b) the band of boys
(c) her mother
4. Who sneaks out and covers Cosimo's tree with glue?
(c) the Cavalier
5. What happens to Gian de Brughi?
(a) he has to pay a huge fine
(b) he is sent to prison
(c) he is hung
(d) his hand is cut off
6. What do the townspeople do when Cosimo tells them of the cave?
(a) call the army
(b) tell him not to wake them up
(c) go to take the treasure
(d) go to arrest the Cavalier
7. Who does Cosimo's father send after him?
(a) his sister
(b) his brother
(c) the teacher
(d) the Cavalier
8. Why to thieves drag Gian de Brughi from his hiding place?
(a) so he can help them
(b) for the reward money
(c) to make him commit a robery
(d) so he will be blamed for their crimes
9. How do the boys who steal fruit react to Cosimo at first?
(a) think he's wonderful
(b) toss him out of the trees
(c) set a trap for him
(d) they're indifferent
10. What do Cosimo and his dog wait patiently for?
(a) animals to hunt
(b) Viola to come home
(c) his brother to visit
(d) the boys in the gang
11. What does Biagio do when he goes to bed that night?
(a) cries himself to sleep
(b) sneaks out after everyone's asleep
(c) leaves a candle burning for his brother
(d) prays that Cosimo will come hom
12. What is Cosimo trying to do about the people who live below him?
(a) educate them
(b) steal from them to live
(c) give them a better life
(d) make friends and learn from them
13. What does the Baron do when an important family visits?
(a) asks them to take Cosimo to Paris
(b) asks them to see if he'll come down for them
(c) tries to keep Cosimo hidden
(d) takes them to the family estate away from Cosimo
14. What does Cosimo kill that has come up the tree where he is?
(a) a large rat
(b) a yellow cat
(c) a snake
(d) a black bird
15. Where is Viola sent when she leaves home?
(a) to her aunts' house
(b) to a reform school
(c) to the store
(d) to a boarding school
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of dog does Cosimo befriend?
2. How does Cosimo get a winter coat?
3. What is Cosimo learning from the people below him?
4. What does the Cavalier notice when watching Cosimo in the trees?
5. How does the Count that visits feel about Cosimo's life?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)