|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cosimo do when Gian de Brughi is captured?
(a) send him flowers
(b) testifies against him
(c) rescues him
(d) claims to have done it himself
2. What does Cosimo's mother decide about him staying in the trees?
(a) she climbs in the trees herself
(b) she makes him a pillow
(c) becomes quite proud of her son
(d) she disowns him
3. What do the burglars who tried to use Gian do to Cosimo?
(a) kidnapped his brother
(b) stole his tent
(c) set his tree on fire
(d) killed his dog
4. Why do the men from town ask Cosimo to come down?
(a) so they can collect a reward
(b) so he can be punished for stealing fruit
(c) to take him home
(d) so he won't be attacked by the fruit boys
5. What does Biagio bring Cosimo during the rainstorm?
(a) an old army tent
(b) a waterproof sleeping bag
(c) food and two umbrellas
(d) a rain coat
6. What does his uncle do when the pirates beginning running away?
(a) he climbs Cosimo's tree
(b) he runs with them
(c) he kills the leader
(d) he tries to escape too
7. What does Cosimo's family celebrate with a big affair?
(a) Cosimo's birthday
(b) the return of the king
(c) his parents anniversary
(d) Battista's engagement
8. Why does Cosimo believe olive trees are great for climbing?
(a) they have good traction
(b) they have small leaves
(c) they smell nice
(d) their branches are close together
9. Why is the meal at the beginning of the book significant?
(a) Cosimo's brother betrayed him by eating it
(b) Cosimo's sister cooked it
(c) it will be Cosimo's last on the ground
(d) it is of snails
10. How does Cosimo drink and bathe?
(a) he has a hose from the ground
(b) with rainwater
(c) his brother brings him pails from the well
(d) hauling buckets from the river
11. What kind of dog does Cosimo befriend?
(a) a poodle
(b) a retriever
(c) a Komodor
(d) a dachshund
12. What does Cosimo suggest the Cavalier might do?
(a) bring Cosimo some food
(b) design an irigation system
(c) go to court
(d) get married
13. What did Cosimo do on Sundays with his family?
(a) play ball
(b) eat Sunday dinner with them
(c) have a picnic in the trees
(d) attend church
14. Where does Cosimo go when he is sent from the table for not eating?
(a) holm oak in the back yard
(b) to his room
(c) to town
(d) to the church
15. What does Cosimo's mother want to know about his teams?
(a) if they feed him
(b) if they obey him
(c) if they're armed and doing maneuvers
(d) if they want to live in the trees with him
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Cosimo attempting to catch his uncle with the pirates?
2. How does Sinforosa get around the village?
3. How do the boys who steal fruit react to Cosimo at first?
4. What does Cosimo build in the trees for his books?
5. What do the pirates do to the Cavalier?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)