|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the boys do when Cosimo and Viola ignore them?
(a) throw gravel at them
(b) scream at them
(c) throw fruit at them
(d) spray them with water
2. What does Cosimo's father give him?
(a) a new knife
(b) his sword
(c) a bow and arrows
(d) better clothes
3. Why is Cosimo's father so upset about him being gone?
(a) he thinks he's too young
(b) he's going to be arrested for child abuse
(c) his wife is upset with him for yelling at Cosimo
(d) he wanted him to be the next Baron
4. Why do the boys' mothers get upset with them?
(a) they are stealing fruit
(b) they aren't in school
(c) they didn't steal enough fruit
(d) they don't go to church
5. What is one of the main desires the Baron has concerning his son's choice of living arrangements?
(a) that he becomes famous for it
(b) that he be comfortable and safe
(c) that he hate it and come home
(d) to hide it from the world
6. How does Cosimo's family receive the news of his popularity?
(a) with indifference
(b) with anger
7. What does Biagio do when he goes to bed that night?
(a) cries himself to sleep
(b) sneaks out after everyone's asleep
(c) prays that Cosimo will come hom
(d) leaves a candle burning for his brother
8. Why can Cosimo move from tree to tree?
(a) Cosimo can jump long distances
(b) they are mature and grow close together
(c) there are rope bridges
(d) there are zip lines between the trees
9. What do the burglars who tried to use Gian do to Cosimo?
(a) kidnapped his brother
(b) set his tree on fire
(c) killed his dog
(d) stole his tent
10. Where does Cosimo hide most of his letters?
(a) in his tent
(b) in the hollow of a tree
(c) in an old bird's nest
(d) inside his sleeping bag
11. Why is the children's teacher with Cosimo's family?
(a) he's Cosimo's cousin
(b) he's Cosimo's uncle
(c) he is escaping being jailed for theft
(d) escaping the Inquisition
12. What does the Cavalier notice when watching Cosimo in the trees?
(a) his dog in the tree with him
(b) his system for collecting water
(c) his homemade clothes
(d) his tent house
13. What eventually happens to the tree after it was covered in glue?
(a) it turns purple
(b) it became a national monument
(c) it becomes very heavy
(d) it dies
14. How does Cosimo want his brother to prove he can be trusted?
(a) to talk to Viola
(b) to sneak things for making a shelter
(c) to give him food everyday
(d) to steal some jewelery from their mother
15. Who does Viola blame for being shut up in her bedroom?
(b) the band of boys
(c) the Cavalier
(d) her mother
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Cosimo trying to do about the people who live below him?
2. How do the boys who steal fruit react to Cosimo at first?
3. Why does the Cavalier sneak off the Baron's land sometimes?
4. Why is the meal at the beginning of the book significant?
5. Why does the Baron want Cosimo to come down from the trees?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)