|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What bothers Cosimo most about fig trees?
(a) they smell
(b) they have too many birds
(c) they are too short
(d) they're so sticky
2. What does the Cavalier do for the Baron?
(a) keep his books
(b) protect his land
(c) protect his wife
(d) control the peasants
3. Who does Viola blame for being shut up in her bedroom?
(b) her mother
(c) the band of boys
(d) the Cavalier
4. How does Cosimo's mother communicate with him?
(a) sending village boys with notes
(b) screaming up at the tree
(c) through a bull horn
(d) flag signals
5. What do Cosimo and his dog wait patiently for?
(a) his brother to visit
(b) animals to hunt
(c) Viola to come home
(d) the boys in the gang
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of plants does Cosimo find in a neighbor's garden?
2. Who follows Viola when she goes riding on her horse?
3. What is Cosimo first to discover about the trees?
4. Where does Cosimo carve his dog's name?
5. Why is the meal at the beginning of the book significant?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)