|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the meal at the beginning of the book significant?
(a) Cosimo's brother betrayed him by eating it
(b) it will be Cosimo's last on the ground
(c) it is of snails
(d) Cosimo's sister cooked it
2. Who follows Viola when she goes riding on her horse?
(a) her older sister
(b) no one
(c) her brother
(d) her aunts
3. Where does Cosimo go when he is sent from the table for not eating?
(a) holm oak in the back yard
(b) to town
(c) to his room
(d) to the church
4. How far does Cosimo discover the trees go?
(a) mostly around his house and Viola's
(b) at least four neighbors down
(c) beyond even Ombrossa
(d) close to the town
5. What does Biagio bring Cosimo during the rainstorm?
(a) an old army tent
(b) a rain coat
(c) a waterproof sleeping bag
(d) food and two umbrellas
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Cosimo carve his dog's name?
2. Why is Biagio worried about Cosimo the night his father spoke with him?
3. Why does Cosimo believe olive trees are great for climbing?
4. Who is the narrator of this book?
5. Why do the boys' mothers get upset with them?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)