|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far does Cosimo discover the trees go?
(a) at least four neighbors down
(b) beyond even Ombrossa
(c) close to the town
(d) mostly around his house and Viola's
2. Why do the men from town ask Cosimo to come down?
(a) so they can collect a reward
(b) so he won't be attacked by the fruit boys
(c) to take him home
(d) so he can be punished for stealing fruit
3. Why is the meal at the beginning of the book significant?
(a) it will be Cosimo's last on the ground
(b) it is of snails
(c) Cosimo's sister cooked it
(d) Cosimo's brother betrayed him by eating it
4. How do the boys who steal fruit react to Cosimo at first?
(a) set a trap for him
(b) they're indifferent
(c) toss him out of the trees
(d) think he's wonderful
5. Why is the children's teacher with Cosimo's family?
(a) escaping the Inquisition
(b) he's Cosimo's cousin
(c) he is escaping being jailed for theft
(d) he's Cosimo's uncle
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cosimo's mother decide about him staying in the trees?
2. How long were the brothers locked in their rooms for trying to rescue snails?
3. What does Cosimo's father yell out to him at dinner?
4. Why can Cosimo move from tree to tree?
5. How does Cosimo's mother communicate with him?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)