|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cosimo tell the townspeople?
(a) the boys are afraid of him
(b) he is not stealing
(c) he knows the way home
(d) there is no reward
2. Why do the boys' mothers get upset with them?
(a) they didn't steal enough fruit
(b) they aren't in school
(c) they don't go to church
(d) they are stealing fruit
3. How does Cosimo defend himself against a suggest of trespass in the garden?
(a) says he hasn't crossed the wall
(b) says his mother knows the owner
(c) says he is visiting
(d) says he hasn't actually put his foot on the ground
4. How does Cosimo's mother communicate with him?
(a) through a bull horn
(b) sending village boys with notes
(c) flag signals
(d) screaming up at the tree
5. What do the fruit boys learn from Cosimo?
(a) that the farmers are nice people
(b) how to find the best fruit
(c) how to avoid the farmers' dogs scenting them
(d) how to move through the trees without going down
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the narrator of this book?
2. Why do the men from town ask Cosimo to come down?
3. Why is the children's teacher with Cosimo's family?
4. What does Cosimo's mother decide about him staying in the trees?
5. What does Viola offer Cosimo before she goes in the house?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)