1. Why is the meal at the beginning of the book significant?
(a) Cosimo's brother betrayed him by eating it
(b) Cosimo's sister cooked it
(c) it will be Cosimo's last on the ground
(d) it is of snails
2. Who is the narrator of this book?
(a) Biagio, Cosimo's brother
(b) Cosimo's mother
(c) Battista, Cosimo's sister
(d) Cosimo's father
3. What kind of talent does Battista have?
(a) painting portraits
(b) preparing rodents and animals for eating
(c) weaving beautiful blankets
4. Why is the children's teacher with Cosimo's family?
(a) he's Cosimo's cousin
(b) he is escaping being jailed for theft
(c) he's Cosimo's uncle
(d) escaping the Inquisition
5. How long were the brothers locked in their rooms for trying to rescue snails?
(a) two days
(b) three days
(c) 24 hours
(d) a week
6. Where does Cosimo go when he is sent from the table for not eating?
(a) to his room
(b) holm oak in the back yard
(c) to the church
(d) to town
This section contains 4,713 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)