|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mfumbe live?
2. What do Mfumbe and Kayla discuss concerning the effects of cloning and genetic coding?
3. Where does Kayla send a message to Amber?
4. What does Kayla do when she hears a door open?
5. Whom does Kayla find in a group of people?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Kayla find a way to leave the hospital?
2. What does Kayla dream while sleeping in the woods?
3. What does Kayla write to Amber?
4. What prevents Mava and Tova from moving to Canada?
5. How does Mfumbe's father rationalize getting the tattoo?
6. Who finds Kayla? What does this person tell Kayla?
7. What does Katie tell Kayla concerning the bar code?
8. Where are Mava and Tova moving? How does the move affect Kayla's plans?
9. What does Kayla plan to do with the e-card she finds, and how does she feel about her plan?
10. Why is Kayla sorry she used the computer where she is staying?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme of oppression as it is presented in The Bar Code Tattoo. Who is the oppressor? Who is the oppressed? How is the oppression carried out? How is the oppression fought? What might the way oppression is portrayed say about the author's view on oppression?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Weyn's use of literary devices (such as foreshadowing, cliffhangers, deux ex machina,) and how they add or detract from the story. Does Weyn use too many or too few literary techniques? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Characters are an integral and important part of novels. Analyze how secondary characters in The Bar Code Tattoo help drive the plot. Describe their specific contributions to the storyline.
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)