|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nedra say on television about Kayla?
2. What does the old woman whom Kayla encounters do?
3. Who arrives when Kayla is talking to Zekeal?
4. Where does Kayla spend several days when she becomes very ill while traveling?
5. How does Mfumbe enter the kitchen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kayla find as she follows a stream in the woods?
2. Where do Kayla and Mfumbe arrive after three weeks? What visions does Kayla have there?
3. What does Kayla write to Amber?
4. How does Kayla find a way to leave the hospital?
5. How does Mfumbe's father rationalize getting the tattoo?
6. What does Zekeal say Kayla should do?
7. Why is Kayla sorry she used the computer where she is staying?
8. What does Kayla plan to do with the e-card she finds, and how does she feel about her plan?
9. Where is Mfumbe staying? What is discussed by Mfumbe and Kayla at breakfast?
10. How do Kayla and Mfumbe escape the Global-1 officers?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In some ways, Kayla Reed is a larger-than-life heroine. Despite incredible odds, she usually comes out on top in The Bar Code Tattoo and in the other books in the series. Is a hero or heroine a necessary part of every work of fiction? Why or why not? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Who are the protagonists and antagonists in The Bar Code Tattoo? Use textual evidence to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What are three reasons for reading fiction? Discuss whether each of those reasons is satisfied by The Bar Code Tattoo. Justify your answers.
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)