|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mava say when Kayla says she can't leave her?
2. What happens when Kayla has coffee spilled on her hand?
3. What happens when Kayla is fired upon?
4. Where are Tova and Mava headed?
5. Who uses acid to remove a tattoo?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kayla admit to herself as she is leaving the hospital?
2. What does Zekeal say Kayla should do?
3. What does Kayla write to Amber?
4. What does Kayla dream while sleeping in the woods?
5. How does Kayla find a way to leave the hospital?
6. What does Kayla find as she follows a stream in the woods?
7. What vision does Kayla have the morning after their first night of traveling northward?
8. What does Mava urge Kayla to do after the car accident? Why is Kayla conflicted about this?
9. What does Katie tell Kayla concerning the bar code?
10. After Kayla says goodbye to Katie, she goes to a diner. What does Kayla see on the diner's television?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Weyn's use of literary devices (such as foreshadowing, cliffhangers, deux ex machina,) and how they add or detract from the story. Does Weyn use too many or too few literary techniques? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
In some ways, Kayla Reed is a larger-than-life heroine. Despite incredible odds, she usually comes out on top in The Bar Code Tattoo and in the other books in the series. Is a hero or heroine a necessary part of every work of fiction? Why or why not? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Who are the protagonists and antagonists in The Bar Code Tattoo? Use textual evidence to support your answer.
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)