|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Kayla has coffee spilled on her hand?
2. What wakes Kayla in the middle of the night?
3. How is Tova planning to get through another tollbooth?
4. What does Nedra say on television about Kayla?
5. What was August told to do by his employers?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nedra say on television?
2. How do Kayla and Mfumbe get a ride heading north? Why do they eventually have to give up the ride?
3. How do Kayla and Mfumbe escape the Global-1 officers?
4. Who finds Kayla? What does this person tell Kayla?
5. How does Kayla explain her need to use the e-card to the waitress in the diner?
6. What does Kayla admit to herself as she is leaving the hospital?
7. What does Kayla write to Amber?
8. What does Kayla find as she follows a stream in the woods?
9. What does Mava urge Kayla to do after the car accident? Why is Kayla conflicted about this?
10. What does Zekeal say Kayla should do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Characters are an important part of what makes The Bar Code Tattoo interesting. Could the corporation named Global-1 be considered a character? Why or why not? Use examples from The Bar Code Tattoo to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
In your opinion, what are the characteristics of a successful novel? Based upon your criteria, is The Bar Code Tattoo a successful novel. Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Most protagonists are a mixture of admirable traits and character flaws. Kayla Reed is no exception. Explore Kayla's personality traits. Use textual evidence from the book for support.
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)