|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kayla suddenly realize about the woods?
2. Where does Eutonah's group live?
3. How old is Kayla in a dream she has after leaving the hospital?
4. Where does Kayla send a message to Amber?
5. Who does Kayla see on the trail on her way to Eutonah?
Essay Topic 1
Titles often play a vital role in making a person decide to read a particular book. Discuss the following:
1. Fully explain why you think The Bar Code Tattoo is titled as such. Do you think it is the best title for the book? Why or why not? Can you think of a better title? Why would you choose the title the author did or why would you choose the alternate title you suggest?
2. How important is a title in influencing you to consider reading a book? Explain your answer.
3. Do you think a title needs to have direct relevance to a book's content? Explain your answer.
4. Have you ever read a book that when you finished, you do not understand the relevance of the title? Does it discourage you from "trusting" that particular author again?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss one of the following:
1. Thoroughly analyze how setting informs the plot in The Bar Code Tattoo.
2. Trace and analyze one major theme of The Bar Code Tattoo. How is the theme expressed through symbolism? Characters' behaviors? Action?
3. Trace and analyze two secondary themes of The Bar Code Tattoo. How are the themes expressed through symbolism? Characters' behaviors? Action?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the following:
1. Who is/are are the protagonist(s) of the story and why?
2. Who is/are the antagonist(s) of the story and why?
3. Which three secondary characters have the greatest impact on the plot? Explain your choice.
4. Are any of the characters dispensable and which ones? Why or why not?
5. Do you think this is a character-driven plot or an action-driven plot? Explain.
This section contains 2,684 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)