Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kayla find in the pocket of what she's wearing?
2. In which direction is the truck traveling?
3. What do Mfumbe's parents write to Kayla?
4. What happens when Kayla starts to run away from the wreck?
5. How is Tova planning to get through another toll booth?
Essay Topic 1
1. What is foreshadow? How many incidences of foreshadow are in The Bar Code Tattoo? What are they? How does foreshadow contribute to a book's suspense?
2. Discuss an example of foreshadow in The Bar Code Tattoo. Include why you believe it is foreshadow. Illustrate with passages from the book.
3. How do you think most people react to uncertainty in their lives? Use examples from The Bar Code Tattoo and your own live to support your opinion.
Essay Topic 2
Most protagonists are a mixture of admirable traits and character flaws, and Kayla Reed is no exception.
1. Trace and analyze situations when Kayla demonstrates her instinct for handling problems that might be beyond the ability of a seventeen-year-old girl. Give specific examples to illustrate your analysis.
2. Trace and analyze Kayla's character flaws and explain how they create a more complex and believable character. How do you think Kayla's character flaws make some situations more difficult for her?
3. After analyzing Kayla's strengths and weaknesses, decide if Kayla is the main "hero" of the story. Is there anyone else who might have done a better job? Use examples from The Bar Code Tattoo and your own life to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Characters are an integral and important part of almost all novels. Discuss the following:
1. Compare and contrast the characters of Kayla and Mrs. Reed. How are they similar? How are they different? Is there a flaw in each of their personalities? Be specific and give examples.
2. Compare and contrast the characters of Mfumbe and Zekeal. How do they seem different? Which do you like more? Why? Which one seems more of a well-rounded character?
3. Thoroughly analyze how three of the secondary characters in The Bar Code Tattoo help drive the plot. Describe their spedific contribution is to the storyline. Which of the secondary characters are likable? Which are either unlikable or even despicable? Be specific and explain what in the book elicits your response to them.
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)