|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What position does Nedra hold with the Tattoo Gen?
2. What do Mfumbe and Kayla discuss concerning the effects of cloning and genetic coding?
3. Where does Kayla send a message to Amber?
4. How does Mfumbe enter the kitchen?
5. In her dream, what does Kayla say she wants to be when she grows up?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where are Mava and Tova moving? How does the move affect Kayla's plans?
2. How does Kayla find a way to leave the hospital?
3. What does Katie tell Kayla concerning the bar code?
4. What prevents Mava and Tova from moving to Canada?
5. How does Mfumbe's father rationalize getting the tattoo?
6. Why does Mfumbe decide to leave home? Why is his departure a choice rather than a necessity?
7. What vision does Kayla have one morning?
8. Why does Kayla lie down in the woods and sleep after leaving the hospital?
9. How does Kayla connect with Mfumbe again?
10. What does Kayla find as she follows a stream in the woods?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Titles often play a vital role in making a person decide to read a particular book. In your opinion, why is The Bar Code Tattoo titled as such?
Do you think it is the best title for the book? Why or why not? Do you think a title needs to have direct relevance to a book's content? Have you ever read a book and wondered how the title was relevant to the story?
Essay Topic 2
Characters are an important part of what makes The Bar Code Tattoo interesting. Could the corporation named Global-1 be considered a character? Why or why not? Use examples from The Bar Code Tattoo to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
In some ways, Kayla Reed is a larger-than-life heroine. Despite incredible odds, she usually comes out on top in The Bar Code Tattoo and in the other books in the series. Is a hero or heroine a necessary part of every work of fiction? Why or why not? Explain your answer.
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)