|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Katie say runs in her family?
2. Whom does Kayla find in a group of people?
3. What does Kayla realize may be futile?
4. Where does Mfumbe plan to take Kayla?
5. What does Kayla do when she comes to a stream?
Short Essay Questions
1. What vision does Kayla have one morning?
2. What does Kayla write to Amber?
3. Who finds Kayla? What does this person tell Kayla?
4. What does Kayla dream while sleeping in the woods?
5. What does Nedra say on television?
6. After Kayla says goodbye to Katie, she goes to a diner. What does Kayla see on the diner's television?
7. What does Kayla find as she follows a stream in the woods?
8. What does Kayla admit to herself as she is leaving the hospital?
9. What does Zekeal say Kayla should do?
10. What does Kayla plan to do with the e-card she finds, and how does she feel about her plan?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who are the protagonists and antagonists in The Bar Code Tattoo? Use textual evidence to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Most protagonists are a mixture of admirable traits and character flaws. Kayla Reed is no exception. Explore Kayla's personality traits. Use textual evidence from the book for support.
Essay Topic 3
The Bar Code Tattoo belongs to the science fiction genre. Define the literary term "genre." What are advantages and disadvantages to labeling a text by genre? What are similarities between different genres?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)