|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kayla see on the table inside the cabin?
2. Where are Tova and Mava headed?
3. What position does Nedra hold with the Tattoo Gen?
4. What does Mfumbe do the next morning after he and Kayla awaken?
5. How is Tova planning to get through another tollbooth?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nedra say about Mfume in a letter to the editor?
2. Why does Kayla lie down in the woods and sleep after leaving the hospital?
3. Why is August on the run?
4. Where do Kayla and Mfumbe arrive after three weeks? What visions does Kayla have there?
5. What does Kayla find as she follows a stream in the woods?
6. How does Kayla explain her need to use the e-card to the waitress in the diner?
7. Who finds Kayla? What does this person tell Kayla?
8. Why does Mfumbe decide to steal some medicine?
9. What does Kayla write to Amber?
10. What does Zekeal say Kayla should do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Reading a science fiction or fantasy novel requires the reader to understand a world that is not real. How does the author help the reader understand the imaginary world of The Bar Code Tattoo? Give specific examples.
Essay Topic 2
Most protagonists are a mixture of admirable traits and character flaws. Kayla Reed is no exception. Explore Kayla's personality traits. Use textual evidence from the book for support.
Essay Topic 3
Many readers of fiction place themselves in the position of one character, wondering if they would do the same thing as that character. Do you think one of the values of literature is to serve as mirror for the readers? Why or why not?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)