|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are Amber's parents feeling stressed about a planned move?
2. What happens just when Kayla is about to accept being tattooed?
3. Where does Zekeal take Kayla after seeing her at the location in question fifty-seven?
4. What does Gene think of the tattoos?
5. What news does Kayla tell Amber?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kayla learn from her counselor about the possibility of her attending art school?
2. What does Gene tell Kayla about his work?
3. What happens to babies whose genetic code indicates a possible future health problem?
4. What does Kayla learn about Zekeal when she is at his place and he is in the shower?
5. When Kayla arrives at his apartment, how does Zekeal explain what he is reading?
6. What is the proposal Senator David Young opposes? What do those who support the proposal say about Young's opposition?
7. What does Kayla read about Louden Waters?
8. What does Amber say about her tattoo?
9. Which club is Kayla trying to find? Who takes her there?
10. What are Amber's parents fighting about when Kayla arrives at their house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Reading a science fiction or fantasy novel requires the reader to understand a world that is not real. How does the author help the reader understand the imaginary world of The Bar Code Tattoo? Give specific examples.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze one major theme of The Bar Code Tattoo. How is the theme expressed through symbolism? Characters' behaviors? Action?
Essay Topic 3
Characters are an integral and important part of novels. Analyze how secondary characters in The Bar Code Tattoo help drive the plot. Describe their specific contributions to the storyline.
This section contains 856 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)