|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What school does Kayla want to attend?
2. What is Gene's job?
3. What does Allyson say about genetic coding and health care providers?
4. What does Kayla decide to do for the rest of the day?
5. Why is a particular character in the story residing at the Route Nine Motor Inn?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Zekeal take Kayla after they have been to the Lobo2MeClub?
2. What vision does Kayla have when she is cleaning the blood stains from the bathtub?
3. What does Kayla watch happen next door on the evening of her seventeenth birthday?
4. Kayla's mother finds Joseph Reed's file. What does the file say about his genetic code?
5. What makes Kayla decide not to get the tattoo?
6. When Kayla arrives at his apartment, how does Zekeal explain what he is reading?
7. What does Kayla read about Louden Waters?
8. What does Kayla agree to do on her seventeenth birthday?
9. What petition does Mfumbe ask Kayla and Amber to sign?
10. What does Kayla learn Amber has done on the morning of Kayla's seventeenth birthday?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who are the protagonists and antagonists in The Bar Code Tattoo? Use textual evidence to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze one major theme of The Bar Code Tattoo. How is the theme expressed through symbolism? Characters' behaviors? Action?
Essay Topic 3
What is a plot? List and define the most important elements of plot. Do all novels have a plot? Why or why not? Write a brief synopsis of the plot of The Bar Code Tattoo, identifying where in the novel the elements of the plot occur. Do you find it difficult to identify the plot elements? Why or why not?
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)