|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does David Young resign from his political position?
2. What does Gene think of the tattoos?
3. What does Kayla refrain from doing when Mfumbe asks her something?
4. Where is Kayla when a plane flies overhead and drops bombs?
5. What does Kayla do in the stairwell after she leaves the counselor's office?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Amber say about her tattoo?
2. What does Kayla agree to do on her seventeenth birthday?
3. What does Gene tell Kayla about his work?
4. What does Kayla do after leaving the guidance counselor's office? Who shows concern for her?
5. What does Kayla learn about Zekeal when she is at his place and he is in the shower?
6. Why is Gene Drake shot and killed?
7. What does Allyson say about insurance companies and genetic coding?
8. What makes Kayla decide not to get the tattoo?
9. What petition does Mfumbe ask Kayla and Amber to sign?
10. What does Kayla read about Louden Waters?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Reading a science fiction or fantasy novel requires the reader to understand a world that is not real. How does the author help the reader understand the imaginary world of The Bar Code Tattoo? Give specific examples.
Essay Topic 2
Most protagonists are a mixture of admirable traits and character flaws. Kayla Reed is no exception. Explore Kayla's personality traits. Use textual evidence from the book for support.
Essay Topic 3
What is foreshadowing? What are some examples of foreshadowing in The Bar Code Tattoo? How does foreshadowing contribute to the suspense in the book? Give textual evidence for support.
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)