|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What law does the government pass?
2. To what does the newspaper article attribute Joseph Reed's death?
3. What is one argument against the tattoo?
4. Why does Kayla decide not to have the tattoo?
5. Why are Amber's parents fighting when Kayla arrives at Amber's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kayla read about Louden Waters?
2. What does Kayla watch happen next door on the evening of her seventeenth birthday?
3. What does the doctor at the hospital say he must do to Kayla?
4. What does Kayla do after leaving the guidance counselor's office? Who shows concern for her?
5. Why is Gene Drake shot and killed?
6. What makes Kayla decide not to get the tattoo?
7. What happens to babies whose genetic code indicates a possible future health problem?
8. What does Kayla learn about Zekeal when she is at his place and he is in the shower?
9. What does Kayla learn from her counselor about the possibility of her attending art school?
10. What are Amber's parents fighting about when Kayla arrives at their house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who are the protagonists and antagonists in The Bar Code Tattoo? Use textual evidence to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What does the term "author's agenda" mean? In your opinion, what issues/concerns are part of the author's agenda for The Bar Code Tattoo?
Essay Topic 3
In your opinion, what are the characteristics of a successful novel? Based upon your criteria, is The Bar Code Tattoo a successful novel. Why or why not?
This section contains 882 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)