|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Based on his genetic profile, what was one medical predisposition Kayla's father had?
2. What is Zekeal reading when Kayla gets to his apartment?
3. Who or what is at Kayla's house when she gets home?
4. What is Gene's job?
5. What is the consequence of Amber's father's defective tattoo?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes Kayla decide not to get the tattoo?
2. What does Allyson say about insurance companies and genetic coding?
3. What vision does Kayla have when she is cleaning the blood stains from the bathtub?
4. What are Amber's parents fighting about when Kayla arrives at their house?
5. When Kayla arrives at his apartment, how does Zekeal explain what he is reading?
6. Why are Amber and her parents living in the Route Nine Motor Inn?
7. Where does Zekeal take Kayla after they have been to the Lobo2MeClub?
8. What is Kayla reluctant to reveal about her tardiness to a meeting?
9. What is happening when Kayla arrives home from the mall?
10. According to the Tribune E-Journal, what happened to Kayla's father?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does the term "author's agenda" mean? In your opinion, what issues/concerns are part of the author's agenda for The Bar Code Tattoo?
Essay Topic 2
The Bar Code Tattoo is one book in a series of novels involving Kayla Reed and many of the same characters in this story. What are some advantages and disadvantages of writing a series of novels about the same characters? Do you prefer to read a standalone book or a book series? Why? Justify your answers.
Essay Topic 3
What is a plot? List and define the most important elements of plot. Do all novels have a plot? Why or why not? Write a brief synopsis of the plot of The Bar Code Tattoo, identifying where in the novel the elements of the plot occur. Do you find it difficult to identify the plot elements? Why or why not?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)