|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Kayla unlikely to qualify for a scholarship?
2. What does Amber have that Kayla does not?
3. What does the doctor at the hospital insist they do with Kayla?
4. In her vision, where does Kayla see herself?
5. What happens if the hospital determines a child may have a future problem?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes Kayla decide not to get the tattoo?
2. When Kayla arrives at his apartment, how does Zekeal explain what he is reading?
3. What are Amber's parents fighting about when Kayla arrives at their house?
4. What does Kayla learn from her counselor about the possibility of her attending art school?
5. What happens when Kayla tries to access her father's files after her mother leaves? Who helps her?
6. Where does Zekeal take Kayla after they have been to the Lobo2MeClub?
7. What does Kayla watch happen next door on the evening of her seventeenth birthday?
8. What does Kayla do after leaving the guidance counselor's office? Who shows concern for her?
9. What does the doctor at the hospital say he must do to Kayla?
10. What does Allyson say about insurance companies and genetic coding?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In your opinion, what are the characteristics of a successful novel? Based upon your criteria, is The Bar Code Tattoo a successful novel. Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Characters are an important part of what makes The Bar Code Tattoo interesting. Could the corporation named Global-1 be considered a character? Why or why not? Use examples from The Bar Code Tattoo to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Many readers of fiction place themselves in the position of one character, wondering if they would do the same thing as that character. Do you think one of the values of literature is to serve as mirror for the readers? Why or why not?
This section contains 890 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)