|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In her vision, where does Kayla see herself?
2. Where does Zekeal take Kayla after seeing her at the location in question fifty-seven?
3. What does Mfumbe Taylor do when Kayla is still in the stairwell?
4. How does Zekeal help Kayla when he arrives at her house?
5. Against what does Senator David Young speak?
Short Essay Questions
1. What vision does Kayla have when she is cleaning the blood stains from the bathtub?
2. What does Gene tell Kayla about his work?
3. According to Ashley, what is the hospital doing?
4. What does Kayla learn Amber has done on the morning of Kayla's seventeenth birthday?
5. What is Kayla reluctant to reveal about her tardiness to a meeting?
6. What does Kayla read about Louden Waters?
7. What does Amber say about her tattoo?
8. What does Kayla watch happen next door on the evening of her seventeenth birthday?
9. What does Kayla do after leaving the guidance counselor's office? Who shows concern for her?
10. What is the proposal Senator David Young opposes? What do those who support the proposal say about Young's opposition?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who are the protagonists and antagonists in The Bar Code Tattoo? Use textual evidence to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Characters are an integral and important part of novels. Analyze how secondary characters in The Bar Code Tattoo help drive the plot. Describe their specific contributions to the storyline.
Essay Topic 3
The Bar Code Tattoo is one book in a series of novels involving Kayla Reed and many of the same characters in this story. What are some advantages and disadvantages of writing a series of novels about the same characters? Do you prefer to read a standalone book or a book series? Why? Justify your answers.
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)