|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Amber, what does not hurt?
2. For whose death does Zekeal offer condolences to Kayla?
3. When does Kayla have another vision?
4. Where does Kayla find a job?
5. Who works at the place where Amber and Kayla agree to meet?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kayla watch happen next door on the evening of her seventeenth birthday?
2. What does Kayla read about Louden Waters?
3. What does Amber say about her tattoo?
4. Kayla's mother finds Joseph Reed's file. What does the file say about his genetic code?
5. What does Kayla ask the guidance counselor concerning his tattoo? What is his reply?
6. Where does Zekeal take Kayla after they have been to the Lobo2MeClub?
7. What happens when Kayla tries to access her father's files after her mother leaves? Who helps her?
8. What does Allyson say about insurance companies and genetic coding?
9. What does the doctor at the hospital say he must do to Kayla?
10. What does Kayla learn about Zekeal when she is at his place and he is in the shower?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme of oppression as it is presented in The Bar Code Tattoo. Who is the oppressor? Who is the oppressed? How is the oppression carried out? How is the oppression fought? What might the way oppression is portrayed say about the author's view on oppression?
Essay Topic 2
Titles often play a vital role in making a person decide to read a particular book. In your opinion, why is The Bar Code Tattoo titled as such?
Do you think it is the best title for the book? Why or why not? Do you think a title needs to have direct relevance to a book's content? Have you ever read a book and wondered how the title was relevant to the story?
Essay Topic 3
Many readers of fiction place themselves in the position of one character, wondering if they would do the same thing as that character. Do you think one of the values of literature is to serve as mirror for the readers? Why or why not?
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)