|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Amber and Kayla hear as they are running away from the post office?
2. What does Kayla suggest are related?
3. What happens just when Kayla is about to accept being tattooed?
4. Who or what is at Kayla's house when she gets home?
5. Whom does Amber know in Nevada?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Gene Drake shot and killed?
2. What are Amber's parents fighting about when Kayla arrives at their house?
3. What does Amber say about her tattoo?
4. Why are Amber and her parents living in the Route Nine Motor Inn?
5. Kayla's mother finds Joseph Reed's file. What does the file say about his genetic code?
6. What does Gene tell Kayla about his work?
7. What does Allyson say about insurance companies and genetic coding?
8. What does Kayla agree to do on her seventeenth birthday?
9. What does the doctor at the hospital say he must do to Kayla?
10. What does Kayla learn about Zekeal when she is at his place and he is in the shower?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Weyn's use of literary devices (such as foreshadowing, cliffhangers, deux ex machina,) and how they add or detract from the story. Does Weyn use too many or too few literary techniques? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
What are three reasons for reading fiction? Discuss whether each of those reasons is satisfied by The Bar Code Tattoo. Justify your answers.
Essay Topic 3
Who are the protagonists and antagonists in The Bar Code Tattoo? Use textual evidence to support your answer.
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)