|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Kayla when a plane flies overhead and drops bombs?
2. What does Ashley tell Kayla to do?
3. Where does Kayla find a job?
4. Where does August suggest the group might meet up if they have to leave their homes?
5. Whose killing is reported by the newspaper?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kayla watch happen next door on the evening of her seventeenth birthday?
2. What does Kayla agree to do on her seventeenth birthday?
3. Kayla's mother finds Joseph Reed's file. What does the file say about his genetic code?
4. What does Kayla read about Louden Waters?
5. When Kayla arrives at his apartment, how does Zekeal explain what he is reading?
6. What does the doctor at the hospital say he must do to Kayla?
7. What does Gene tell Kayla about his work?
8. According to Ashley, what is the hospital doing?
9. According to the Tribune E-Journal, what happened to Kayla's father?
10. What happens to babies whose genetic code indicates a possible future health problem?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who are the protagonists and antagonists in The Bar Code Tattoo? Use textual evidence to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Titles often play a vital role in making a person decide to read a particular book. In your opinion, why is The Bar Code Tattoo titled as such?
Do you think it is the best title for the book? Why or why not? Do you think a title needs to have direct relevance to a book's content? Have you ever read a book and wondered how the title was relevant to the story?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze one major theme of The Bar Code Tattoo. How is the theme expressed through symbolism? Characters' behaviors? Action?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)