|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mfumbe live?
(a) Where he and Kayla meet.
(b) In a nearby cabin.
(c) In the attic of the cabin where he encounters Kayla.
(d) In a cave near the cabin.
2. What does Mfumbe tell Kayla?
(a) Why he decided to leave home.
(b) His parents are going to join him.
(c) The police have been there twice already looking for her.
(d) He is the leader of a group of people who refuse tattoos.
3. Where are Kayla and Mfumbe after three weeks of traveling?
(a) Deer Haven, Pennsylvania.
(b) Scott's Valley, Arizona.
(c) Moose Creek, New Hampshire.
(d) Keene Valley, New York.
4. What bothers Kayla and Mfumbe about their survival methods?
(a) They are afraid they'll eat something poisonous out in the wilds.
(b) They have often hurt others.
(c) They have to kill small animals.
(d) They have to steal.
5. What does Kayla wait for before going back to the cabin?
(a) For the occupants to leave.
(b) For the occupants to fall asleep.
(c) For a chance to learn more about the occupants.
(d) For night to come.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrives when Kayla is talking to Zekeal?
2. Who does Kayla see on the trail on her way to Eutonah?
3. Where does Kayla send a message to Amber?
4. What does Mava say when Kayla says she can't leave her?
5. What does Kayla see on the television when she goes into a diner?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Kayla and Mfumbe get a ride heading north? Why do they eventually have to give up the ride?
2. What does Kayla write to Amber?
3. What did Mava's and Tova's daughter warn them about? Why did the daughter treat her mother at home instead of in the hospital?
4. How do Kayla and Mfumbe escape the Global-1 officers?
5. Where are Mava and Tova moving? How does the move affect Kayla's plans?
6. What does Mava urge Kayla to do after the car accident? Why is Kayla conflicted about this?
7. After Kayla says goodbye to Katie, she goes to a diner. What does Kayla see on the diner's television?
8. What vision does Kayla have one morning?
9. Why is August on the run?
10. What does Kayla dream while sleeping in the woods?
This section contains 931 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)