|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Kayla awaken suddenly from sleeping in the car?
(a) Mava is speaking French to a Canadian Mountie.
(b) Tova falls asleep and runs off the road.
(c) Tova is having a heart attack and Mava is screaming.
(d) Tova crashes through the tollgate.
2. Who are Tova and Mava?
(a) Two cops who question people in the diner.
(b) Two new members of the rebellion.
(c) An elderly couple.
(d) Kayla's aunt and uncle.
3. Where are Tova and Mava headed?
(a) They are not sure yet.
4. What does a doctor tell Mava and Tova about elderly people?
(a) Most of them believe the tattoo system is for the good of the nation.
(b) Most elderly people have a number of negative genetic indicators that never developed.
(c) Most of them have refused the tattoo.
(d) They are sometimes killed to cut down on medical expenses.
5. What does Kayla smell when she approaches a cabin in the woods?
(c) Something dead.
(d) Stagnant water.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Mfumbe and Kayla discuss concerning the effects of cloning and genetic coding?
2. What happens when Kayla has coffee spilled on her hand?
3. How does Kayla pay for her dinner?
4. Where does Tova and Mava's daughter live?
5. What wakes Kayla in the middle of the night?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Mava's and Tova's daughter warn them about? Why did the daughter treat her mother at home instead of in the hospital?
2. What does Kayla plan to do with the e-card she finds, and how does she feel about her plan?
3. What vision does Kayla have the morning after their first night of traveling northward?
4. Why does Mfumbe decide to leave home? Why is his departure a choice rather than a necessity?
5. What does Mava urge Kayla to do after the car accident? Why is Kayla conflicted about this?
6. How does Mfumbe's father rationalize getting the tattoo?
7. Who finds Kayla? What does this person tell Kayla?
8. Why is August on the run?
9. Why does Kayla lie down in the woods and sleep after leaving the hospital?
10. What prevents Mava and Tova from moving to Canada?
This section contains 867 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)