|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what do Mfumbe's parents say they are happy?
(a) Mfumbe is Kayla's friend.
(b) Mfumbe has received a very lucrative scholarship offer.
(c) Mfumbe has found a very good job.
(d) Mfumbe is not in as much trouble as Kayla.
2. How does Katie know Kayla is over seventeen years of age?
(a) From a newspaper article about Kayla.
(b) Kayla says so when she is still half drugged.
(c) She's just guessing.
(d) From seeing her driver's license.
3. Why did August take a job after school?
(a) He wanted independence.
(b) Both his parents lost their jobs.
(c) His parents forced him to do so.
(d) He lost his scholarship.
4. What does Kayla do when she hears a door open?
(a) Throws a dish.
(b) Grabs a knife.
(d) Runs outside.
5. Why is Kayla hesitant about taking Mava's suggestion?
(a) Kayla is in a lot of pain.
(b) Kayla does not know if she cares anymore.
(c) Kayla is afraid of bringing the police down on Tova and Mava's daughter.
(d) Kayla does not want to desert Tova and Mava.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mava say when Kayla says she can't leave her?
2. What is the reason for Kayla's actions when comes upon a stream?
3. What does Kayla smell when she approaches a cabin in the woods?
4. What does Mfumbe do the next morning after he and Kayla awaken?
5. What is in the truck where Mfumbe and Kayla hide?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Kayla lie down in the woods and sleep after leaving the hospital?
2. What does Kayla plan to do with the e-card she finds, and how does she feel about her plan?
3. What does Katie tell Kayla concerning the bar code?
4. Where do Kayla and Mfumbe arrive after three weeks? What visions does Kayla have there?
5. Who finds Kayla? What does this person tell Kayla?
6. Where are Mava and Tova moving? How does the move affect Kayla's plans?
7. Why does Mfumbe decide to leave home? Why is his departure a choice rather than a necessity?
8. What does Mava urge Kayla to do after the car accident? Why is Kayla conflicted about this?
9. What does Kayla find as she follows a stream in the woods?
10. Why is August on the run?
This section contains 919 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)