|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does a doctor tell Mava and Tova about elderly people?
(a) Most of them have refused the tattoo.
(b) Most of them believe the tattoo system is for the good of the nation.
(c) They are sometimes killed to cut down on medical expenses.
(d) Most elderly people have a number of negative genetic indicators that never developed.
2. What college had offered Mfumbe a scholarship?
3. How does August remove his tattoo?
(a) Burning his hand in a campfire.
(b) Laser surgery.
(c) Cutting off his hand.
4. What does Mfumbe do the next morning after he and Kayla awaken?
(a) Makes a phone call.
(b) Looks up Kayla's name on the internet.
(c) Cooks breakfast.
(d) Looks up Ashley's name on the internet.
5. What do Mfumbe and Kayla discuss concerning the effects of cloning and genetic coding?
(a) How it enriches the already wealthy.
(b) How it affects evolution.
(c) How it is of dubious morality.
(d) How its effects may not be seen for generations.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what does Nedra blame Mfumbe's current legal status?
2. What does Nedra say Kayla did?
3. Why do they finally get off the truck?
4. What is Mfumbe doing while Kayla searches for him?
5. What does Nedra say on television about Kayla?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Mava's and Tova's daughter warn them about? Why did the daughter treat her mother at home instead of in the hospital?
2. Why does Mfumbe decide to leave home? Why is his departure a choice rather than a necessity?
3. Why is Kayla sorry she used the computer where she is staying?
4. What does Kayla admit to herself as she is leaving the hospital?
5. Why does Kayla lie down in the woods and sleep after leaving the hospital?
6. What does Nedra say on television?
7. After Kayla says goodbye to Katie, she goes to a diner. What does Kayla see on the diner's television?
8. How do Kayla and Mfumbe get a ride heading north? Why do they eventually have to give up the ride?
9. What does Kayla find as she follows a stream in the woods?
10. Why is August on the run?
This section contains 934 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)