|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mfumbe live?
(a) In a cave near the cabin.
(b) In the attic of the cabin where he encounters Kayla.
(c) Where he and Kayla meet.
(d) In a nearby cabin.
2. What is Kayla hoping to find behind the building that she comes upon in the woods?
(a) A garden.
(b) A dumpster.
(c) A barn to sleep in for a while.
(d) Some clothes on a line so she can change.
3. What is Kayla relieved about as a few days go by?
(a) The story about her becomes a brief paragraph in the back pages.
(b) The police do not trace her computer usage.
(c) Mfumbe finally contacts her.
(d) Mava and Tova are preparing to leave.
4. What does Kayla realize may be futile?
(a) Running away.
(b) Trying to convince her aunt to let her stay with her.
(c) Trying to convince her grandfather to let her stay with him.
(d) Getting the truth from Zekeal.
5. While in the diner, what does Kayla consider doing?
(a) Turning herself in to the authorities.
(b) Killing herself.
(c) Calling her grandfather.
(d) Calling Zekeal.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to August, who is Eutonah?
2. What does Katie, the truck driver, give Kayla?
3. Where is Mfumbe caught?
4. In her dream, what does Kayla say she wants to be when she grows up?
5. What does Mava urge Kayla to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Kayla and Mfumbe escape the Global-1 officers?
2. What does Mava urge Kayla to do after the car accident? Why is Kayla conflicted about this?
3. What does Kayla dream while sleeping in the woods?
4. Where are Mava and Tova moving? How does the move affect Kayla's plans?
5. Why is Kayla sorry she used the computer where she is staying?
6. What does Zekeal say Kayla should do?
7. Where is Mfumbe staying? What is discussed by Mfumbe and Kayla at breakfast?
8. Why does Mfumbe decide to steal some medicine?
9. How does Kayla find a way to leave the hospital?
10. What does Kayla plan to do with the e-card she finds, and how does she feel about her plan?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)