|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Kayla starts to run away from the wreck?
(a) She hears a gunshot and then Mava is no longer screaming.
(b) She twists her ankle.
(c) She hears Mava scream.
(d) The police fire at her.
2. Who are Tova and Mava?
(a) Kayla's aunt and uncle.
(b) An elderly couple.
(c) Two cops who question people in the diner.
(d) Two new members of the rebellion.
3. What does Mfumbe try to steal that gets him caught?
(b) A small radio.
(d) Cold medicine.
4. Who does Kayla see on the trail on her way to Eutonah?
5. What does Kayla do when she hears a door open?
(b) Runs outside.
(c) Throws a dish.
(d) Grabs a knife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kayla suddenly realize about the woods?
2. What does Mfumbe do the next morning after he and Kayla awaken?
3. What does the old woman whom Kayla encounters do?
4. For what does Kayla exchange her hospital gown?
5. Into what does Tova crash the car?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who finds Kayla? What does this person tell Kayla?
2. What prevents Mava and Tova from moving to Canada?
3. What does Kayla admit to herself as she is leaving the hospital?
4. Why does Mfumbe decide to leave home? Why is his departure a choice rather than a necessity?
5. What did Mava's and Tova's daughter warn them about? Why did the daughter treat her mother at home instead of in the hospital?
6. Where is Mfumbe staying? What is discussed by Mfumbe and Kayla at breakfast?
7. What does Kayla plan to do with the e-card she finds, and how does she feel about her plan?
8. What does Nedra say on television?
9. What does Katie tell Kayla concerning the bar code?
10. What does Kayla write to Amber?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)