|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Tova and Mava's daughter live?
2. How does Mfumbe earn enough to feed himself?
(a) He works a farmer's field.
(b) He grows his own food.
(c) He works at the local gathering place.
(d) He barters with others.
3. How does Mfumbe enter the kitchen?
(a) The attic ladder.
(b) A hatch in the floor.
(c) The crawl space under the cabin.
(d) The ceiling crawl space.
4. Who does Kayla see on the trail on her way to Eutonah?
5. What does Katie, the truck driver, give Kayla?
(a) A cell-phone voucher.
(b) A few food-stamp vouchers.
(c) A fake tattoo.
(d) An e-card.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to August, who is Eutonah?
2. What does Mava invite Kayla to do?
3. Why did Katie say she does not have a tattoo?
4. What is the reason for Kayla's actions when comes upon a stream?
5. What does Nedra say Kayla did?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kayla admit to herself as she is leaving the hospital?
2. What does Kayla plan to do with the e-card she finds, and how does she feel about her plan?
3. Where is Mfumbe staying? What is discussed by Mfumbe and Kayla at breakfast?
4. How do Kayla and Mfumbe get a ride heading north? Why do they eventually have to give up the ride?
5. What does Kayla dream while sleeping in the woods?
6. Why does Mfumbe decide to leave home? Why is his departure a choice rather than a necessity?
7. What vision does Kayla have the morning after their first night of traveling northward?
8. How do Kayla and Mfumbe escape the Global-1 officers?
9. Where do Kayla and Mfumbe arrive after three weeks? What visions does Kayla have there?
10. What does Nedra say on television?
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)