|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What bothers Kayla and Mfumbe about their survival methods?
(a) They have to kill small animals.
(b) They have to steal.
(c) They are afraid they'll eat something poisonous out in the wilds.
(d) They have often hurt others.
2. What happens after Kayla becomes conscious after the car wreck?
(a) She realizes that both Tova and Mava are dead.
(b) She realizes her arm is broken.
(c) She realizes Tova is dead and Mava badly injured.
(d) She talks to Tova about what they should do.
3. What memory from her dream warms Kayla despite her waking feeling chilled?
(a) Zekeal saying he would always help her.
(b) Her mother saying, "I love you."
(c) Her father holding her.
(d) Her mother's love for her aunt.
4. What is Kayla relieved about as a few days go by?
(a) The story about her becomes a brief paragraph in the back pages.
(b) Mava and Tova are preparing to leave.
(c) Mfumbe finally contacts her.
(d) The police do not trace her computer usage.
5. What is in the truck where Mfumbe and Kayla hide?
(b) Laboratory samples.
(c) Blood work from new tattoos.
(d) Chips and soda.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Kayla starts to run away from the wreck?
2. How old is Kayla in a dream she has after leaving the hospital?
3. Where does Kayla finally fall asleep?
4. What does the old woman whom Kayla encounters do?
5. Why are the authorities searching for Kayla?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nedra say on television?
2. What vision does Kayla have the morning after their first night of traveling northward?
3. Who finds Kayla? What does this person tell Kayla?
4. Why is Kayla sorry she used the computer where she is staying?
5. What vision does Kayla have one morning?
6. What does Kayla admit to herself as she is leaving the hospital?
7. Where is Mfumbe staying? What is discussed by Mfumbe and Kayla at breakfast?
8. How does Kayla explain her need to use the e-card to the waitress in the diner?
9. How does Mfumbe's father rationalize getting the tattoo?
10. Where do Kayla and Mfumbe arrive after three weeks? What visions does Kayla have there?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)