|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Kayla hoping to find behind the building that she comes upon in the woods?
(a) Some clothes on a line so she can change.
(b) A garden.
(c) A barn to sleep in for a while.
(d) A dumpster.
2. About what do Mfumbe's parents say they are happy?
(a) Mfumbe has received a very lucrative scholarship offer.
(b) Mfumbe is not in as much trouble as Kayla.
(c) Mfumbe has found a very good job.
(d) Mfumbe is Kayla's friend.
3. Why did Katie say she does not have a tattoo?
(a) Because of her family's medical history.
(b) It's too much like Big Brother.
(c) It's the mark of the beast.
(d) It means she cannot move to New Zealand when she's saved enough money.
4. How does August remove his tattoo?
(a) Laser surgery.
(c) Cutting off his hand.
(d) Burning his hand in a campfire.
5. What does Kayla smell when she approaches a cabin in the woods?
(a) Something dead.
(d) Stagnant water.
Short Answer Questions
1. What bothers Kayla and Mfumbe about their survival methods?
2. How does Kayla pay for her dinner?
3. What does Kayla do as her hospital roommate is taken away?
4. What happens when Kayla is fired upon?
5. Why are the authorities searching for Kayla?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nedra say about Mfume in a letter to the editor?
2. How does Kayla connect with Mfumbe again?
3. Where are Mava and Tova moving? How does the move affect Kayla's plans?
4. Why is Kayla sorry she used the computer where she is staying?
5. What does Kayla find as she follows a stream in the woods?
6. Where do Kayla and Mfumbe arrive after three weeks? What visions does Kayla have there?
7. Why does Mfumbe decide to steal some medicine?
8. Who finds Kayla? What does this person tell Kayla?
9. How do Kayla and Mfumbe escape the Global-1 officers?
10. How does Kayla explain her need to use the e-card to the waitress in the diner?
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)