|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mfumbe try to steal that gets him caught?
(b) A small radio.
(d) Cold medicine.
2. What does Kayla see on the television when she goes into a diner?
(a) The President making an announcement.
(b) A news story about some cloned twins.
(c) A bulletin about the search for Zekeal.
(d) An announcement that Congress has outlawed cloning.
3. What does Kayla suddenly realize?
(a) Maybe Zekeal was the one who made Nedra talk on television.
(b) Maybe they were lying about her mother being dead.
(c) Maybe she should not have used the computer.
(d) Maybe Nedra was being forced to make up the story about Kayla.
4. What does Mava invite Kayla to do?
(a) Continue to live in her daughter's apartment.
(b) Help herself to some of their daughter's clothes.
(c) Go with them to Canada.
(d) Use her cell phone to call Amber.
5. Why did Katie say she does not have a tattoo?
(a) It's too much like Big Brother.
(b) Because of her family's medical history.
(c) It's the mark of the beast.
(d) It means she cannot move to New Zealand when she's saved enough money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nedra say on television about Kayla?
2. What does Mfumbe do the next morning after he and Kayla awaken?
3. Why does Kayla awaken suddenly from sleeping in the car?
4. Why is Kayla hesitant about taking Mava's suggestion?
5. Where does Tova and Mava's daughter live?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mfumbe decide to steal some medicine?
2. What does Kayla find as she follows a stream in the woods?
3. Where are Mava and Tova moving? How does the move affect Kayla's plans?
4. What does Mava urge Kayla to do after the car accident? Why is Kayla conflicted about this?
5. What does Nedra say on television?
6. Why is Kayla sorry she used the computer where she is staying?
7. After Kayla says goodbye to Katie, she goes to a diner. What does Kayla see on the diner's television?
8. What vision does Kayla have the morning after their first night of traveling northward?
9. How does Mfumbe's father rationalize getting the tattoo?
10. What does Kayla dream while sleeping in the woods?
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)