|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In her dream, what does Kayla say she wants to be when she grows up?
(a) A doctor.
(b) An artist.
(c) A singer.
(d) A hermit.
2. What happens when Kayla is fired upon?
(a) The cops all miss her.
(b) Kayla is hit but can still run.
(c) Mava screams and falls to the ground.
(d) Mava pushes the gun out of the cop's hand.
3. What happens to Kayla one morning when she wakes up?
(a) She tries to kill herself.
(b) She calls her grandfather.
(c) She cries and cries and can't stop.
(d) She has a vision of Eutonah.
4. Where does Mfumbe live?
(a) In a cave near the cabin.
(b) Where he and Kayla meet.
(c) In the attic of the cabin where he encounters Kayla.
(d) In a nearby cabin.
5. What does Kayla do as her hospital roommate is taken away?
(a) Calls Zekeal on her cell.
(b) Calls her mother's sister.
(c) Forces herself to stand.
(d) Calls her grandfather.
Short Answer Questions
1. What wakes Kayla in the middle of the night?
2. What does Nedra wish she had taken seriously?
3. What does Katie, the truck driver, give Kayla?
4. What was August told to do by his employers?
5. What does Kayla smell when she approaches a cabin in the woods?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Kayla lie down in the woods and sleep after leaving the hospital?
2. What does Zekeal say Kayla should do?
3. Where are Mava and Tova moving? How does the move affect Kayla's plans?
4. How does Kayla connect with Mfumbe again?
5. Why does Mfumbe decide to steal some medicine?
6. What does Katie tell Kayla concerning the bar code?
7. How do Kayla and Mfumbe get a ride heading north? Why do they eventually have to give up the ride?
8. How does Mfumbe's father rationalize getting the tattoo?
9. What vision does Kayla have the morning after their first night of traveling northward?
10. What does Mava urge Kayla to do after the car accident? Why is Kayla conflicted about this?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)