|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What law does the government pass?
(a) Everyone must have a tattoo.
(b) Everyone must be genetically tested regardless of whether they have a bar code or not.
(c) Those who refuse to be tattooed may not work in any critical-service field.
(d) No one can suffer discrimination as a result of refusing to be tattooed.
2. What does Kayla realize will happen if she gets a tattoo?
(a) She will not have to run anymore.
(b) She will at least be able to function in society.
(c) Zekeal will love her.
(d) Her future is over.
3. What does Kayla do in the vision she has at Zekeal's place?
(a) Persuade the pilot to leave the area.
(b) Persuade people to remove their tattoos.
(c) Blow up the President's home.
(d) Blow up a bar code records repository.
4. Who is Amber Thorn?
(a) Kayla's best friend.
(b) Kayla's brother's girlfriend.
(c) Mfumbe's sister.
(d) Kayla's cousin.
5. What does the doctor at the hospital insist they do with Kayla?
(a) Let her leave the hospital without a tattoo.
(b) Pretend her mother is still alive.
(c) Tattoo her.
(d) Make Kayla wait to leave until her aunt and uncle arrive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Amber done concerning Kayla?
2. What does Kayla find when she returns to the kitchen after throwing up?
3. How does Zekeal explain his choice of reading material to Kayla?
4. Where are Kayla and Amber when Kayla has a vision?
5. What else happens when someone gets the tattoo?
Short Essay Questions
1. What vision does Kayla have when she is cleaning the blood stains from the bathtub?
2. What is the proposal Senator David Young opposes? What do those who support the proposal say about Young's opposition?
3. What is Kayla reluctant to reveal about her tardiness to a meeting?
4. What happens when Kayla tries to access her father's files after her mother leaves? Who helps her?
5. When Kayla arrives at his apartment, how does Zekeal explain what he is reading?
6. What does Gene tell Kayla about his work?
7. Which club is Kayla trying to find? Who takes her there?
8. What does Kayla learn from her counselor about the possibility of her attending art school?
9. Where does Zekeal take Kayla after they have been to the Lobo2MeClub?
10. What does Kayla agree to do on her seventeenth birthday?
This section contains 930 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)