|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does David Young resign from his political position?
(a) To protest to the new law about tattoos.
(b) He wants to form a new resistance movement.
(c) He is ill.
(d) His wife is dying.
2. What does Mfumbe Taylor do when Kayla is still in the stairwell?
(a) Makes a sarcastic remark to Kayla.
(b) Trips over her feet.
(c) Drops a book and almost hits her.
(d) Tells her to move out of the way.
3. Who is living at the Route Nine Motor Inn?
(a) Kayla's older brother.
(b) Gene Drake's former roommate.
(c) Kayla's grandfather.
(d) Amber and her parents.
4. What does Kayla think has caused her family life to deteriorate?
(a) The death of her younger brother.
(b) The acceptance of bribes.
(c) The accidental injury of her dad.
(d) The acceptance of the bar code tattoo.
5. What is Kayla's mother looking at on the computer?
(a) A list of agents who will help people re-locate out of the country.
(b) Pictures of Kayla's father as a boy.
(c) A database file on her father.
(d) A list of illegal activities being carried out by the government.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose killing is reported by the newspaper?
2. According to Amber, what does not hurt?
3. Why is a particular character in the story residing at the Route Nine Motor Inn?
4. When are students supposed to receive their tattoo?
5. How does Kayla's father supposedly die?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kayla learn Amber has done on the morning of Kayla's seventeenth birthday?
2. Where do Amber's parents decide to move? Why does Amber have to go with them?
3. What vision does Kayla have when she is cleaning the blood stains from the bathtub?
4. When Kayla arrives at his apartment, how does Zekeal explain what he is reading?
5. What does Kayla learn from her counselor about the possibility of her attending art school?
6. What is Kayla reluctant to reveal about her tardiness to a meeting?
7. What happens to babies whose genetic code indicates a possible future health problem?
8. What petition does Mfumbe ask Kayla and Amber to sign?
9. What makes Kayla decide not to get the tattoo?
10. What does the doctor at the hospital say he must do to Kayla?
This section contains 832 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)