|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kayla want to buy for Amber's birthday?
(a) A new movie.
(b) A music chip.
(c) A sitting for a video.
(d) A meal chip.
2. What is the name of Kayla's high school?
(a) Art and Culinary Magnet School.
(c) Jones IB School.
3. According to Ashley, what is the cause of Joseph's death?
(a) Weak heart.
(b) The bar code.
(c) A protest over the direction society is taking.
(d) A mixture of prescription drugs.
4. What does Kayla search for in the warehouse district?
(a) Her father's new place of employment.
(b) Her ex-boyfriend.
(c) A club.
(d) Another job.
5. Why does Kayla take the job there?
(a) Environmental issues are really important to her.
(b) It is the only place that will hire her without a tattoo.
(c) She loves the products they sell.
(d) She will get a discount.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Kayla Reed at the beginning of the novel?
2. To what does the newspaper article attribute Joseph Reed's death?
3. What law does the government pass?
4. What happens just when Kayla is about to accept being tattooed?
5. What does Kayla suggest are related?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Allyson say about insurance companies and genetic coding?
2. According to the Tribune E-Journal, what happened to Kayla's father?
3. What happens to babies whose genetic code indicates a possible future health problem?
4. What does Kayla ask the guidance counselor concerning his tattoo? What is his reply?
5. When Kayla arrives at his apartment, how does Zekeal explain what he is reading?
6. What petition does Mfumbe ask Kayla and Amber to sign?
7. What does Kayla agree to do on her seventeenth birthday?
8. Where does Zekeal take Kayla after they have been to the Lobo2MeClub?
9. What does Kayla watch happen next door on the evening of her seventeenth birthday?
10. What is Kayla reluctant to reveal about her tardiness to a meeting?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)