|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Gene's job?
(a) Window clerk.
(c) Maintenance worker.
(d) Tattoo artist.
2. When are students supposed to receive their tattoo?
(a) On their 21st birthday.
(b) At their high school graduation.
(c) On their 10th birthday.
(d) On their 17th birthday.
3. Why does Kayla take the job there?
(a) She loves the products they sell.
(b) Environmental issues are really important to her.
(c) She will get a discount.
(d) It is the only place that will hire her without a tattoo.
4. What does Kayla decide to do for the rest of the day?
(a) Skip school.
(b) Work on her applications for college.
(c) Find her brother and talk to him.
(d) Study in the library.
5. In Chapter 5, what is special about a particular morning when Kayla wakes up?
(a) It is the end of the school year.
(b) It is when Kayla is supposed to hear from the art institute.
(c) It is Kayla's seventeenth birthday.
(d) It is the day her father is supposed to get a promotion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Zekeal's explanation for the email?
2. Based on his genetic profile, what was one medical predisposition Kayla's father had?
3. Why does Amber have to go with her parents?
4. What is the consequence of Amber's father's defective tattoo?
5. What does Kayla suggest are related?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Gene Drake shot and killed?
2. What is the proposal Senator David Young opposes? What do those who support the proposal say about Young's opposition?
3. What vision does Kayla have when she is cleaning the blood stains from the bathtub?
4. According to Ashley, what is the hospital doing?
5. What does Gene tell Kayla about his work?
6. What happens to babies whose genetic code indicates a possible future health problem?
7. What does Kayla read about Louden Waters?
8. Which club is Kayla trying to find? Who takes her there?
9. Where do Amber's parents decide to move? Why does Amber have to go with them?
10. What makes Kayla decide not to get the tattoo?
This section contains 935 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)