|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is living at the Route Nine Motor Inn?
(a) Amber and her parents.
(b) Kayla's grandfather.
(c) Kayla's older brother.
(d) Gene Drake's former roommate.
2. What is Kayla's mother looking at on the computer?
(a) A list of agents who will help people re-locate out of the country.
(b) A database file on her father.
(c) A list of illegal activities being carried out by the government.
(d) Pictures of Kayla's father as a boy.
3. What does Kayla's counselor say is a matter of convenience?
(a) The bar code tattoo.
(b) Walking to his job.
(c) Living at the bachelor quarters at the school.
(d) Doing all his shopping at the State store.
4. What does Kayla find when she returns to the kitchen after throwing up?
(a) Her mother has slit her wrists.
(b) Her mother is being handcuffed.
(c) Her mother is on fire.
(d) Her brother is choking their mother.
5. To what does the newspaper article attribute Joseph Reed's death?
(a) Breathing poor air in the mines.
(b) Not having gone to a doctor in a number of years.
(c) Being drunk and falling in the water.
(d) Depression about being passed over for promotion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news does Kayla tell Amber?
2. Why does Zekeal apologize to Kayla?
3. How does Zekeal explain his choice of reading material to Kayla?
4. Why is Kayla unlikely to qualify for a scholarship?
5. Why does David Young resign from his political position?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the proposal Senator David Young opposes? What do those who support the proposal say about Young's opposition?
2. According to the Tribune E-Journal, what happened to Kayla's father?
3. What does Allyson say about insurance companies and genetic coding?
4. What does Kayla learn about Zekeal when she is at his place and he is in the shower?
5. Why are Amber and her parents living in the Route Nine Motor Inn?
6. What makes Kayla decide not to get the tattoo?
7. Which club is Kayla trying to find? Who takes her there?
8. Why is Gene Drake shot and killed?
9. What does Kayla agree to do on her seventeenth birthday?
10. What does the doctor at the hospital say he must do to Kayla?
This section contains 917 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)