|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Ashley, what is the cause of Joseph's death?
(a) A protest over the direction society is taking.
(b) Weak heart.
(c) The bar code.
(d) A mixture of prescription drugs.
2. What do Young's opponents say about those who are opposed to bar code tattoos?
(a) The opponents are uninformed.
(b) The opponents are people who would not benefit from the tattoo system.
(c) The opponents are anarchist hippies.
(d) The opponents are just young rebels.
3. Where is Kayla when a plane flies overhead and drops bombs?
(a) In a vision.
(b) At home.
(c) At school.
(d) At the library.
4. What does Kayla think has caused her family life to deteriorate?
(a) The death of her younger brother.
(b) The accidental injury of her dad.
(c) The acceptance of the bar code tattoo.
(d) The acceptance of bribes.
5. Why is Kayla unlikely to qualify for a scholarship?
(a) Her art classes are not varied enough.
(b) Her parents have too much money.
(c) Her classes were not advanced.
(d) Her grades in computer class are too low.
Short Answer Questions
1. What e-mail does Kayla find in Zekeal's inbox?
2. What does Kayla refrain from doing when Mfumbe asks her something?
3. What does Gene think of the tattoos?
4. What is one argument against the tattoo?
5. What does Kayla ask her counselor about his wrist?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Gene tell Kayla about his work?
2. What does Kayla do after leaving the guidance counselor's office? Who shows concern for her?
3. What does Kayla learn Amber has done on the morning of Kayla's seventeenth birthday?
4. What is happening when Kayla arrives home from the mall?
5. What is Kayla reluctant to reveal about her tardiness to a meeting?
6. What makes Kayla decide not to get the tattoo?
7. When Kayla arrives at his apartment, how does Zekeal explain what he is reading?
8. Kayla's mother finds Joseph Reed's file. What does the file say about his genetic code?
9. What vision does Kayla have when she is cleaning the blood stains from the bathtub?
10. What does Kayla watch happen next door on the evening of her seventeenth birthday?
This section contains 860 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)