|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does August suggest the group might meet up if they have to leave their homes?
(c) Cape May.
(d) Lake Placid.
2. Who works at the place where Amber and Kayla agree to meet?
(b) Amber's father.
(d) Kayla's uncle.
3. What did Kayla see next door on the night the person whose death was reported in the newspaper was killed?
(a) A search of the deceased's house.
(b) A fight between a husband and wife.
(c) A party at the neighbor's house.
(d) A fight between a boy and his parents.
4. Who is living at the Route Nine Motor Inn?
(a) Amber and her parents.
(b) Kayla's older brother.
(c) Kayla's grandfather.
(d) Gene Drake's former roommate.
5. What does Kayla's counselor say is a matter of convenience?
(a) The bar code tattoo.
(b) Walking to his job.
(c) Doing all his shopping at the State store.
(d) Living at the bachelor quarters at the school.
Short Answer Questions
1. Against what does Senator David Young speak?
2. Why does Zekeal apologize to Kayla?
3. For whose death does Zekeal offer condolences to Kayla?
4. From what illness did Kayla's paternal grandmother suffer?
5. What is proposed about persons seeking public assistance?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is happening when Kayla arrives home from the mall?
2. Why are Amber and her parents living in the Route Nine Motor Inn?
3. Which club is Kayla trying to find? Who takes her there?
4. According to the Tribune E-Journal, what happened to Kayla's father?
5. What does Kayla learn Amber has done on the morning of Kayla's seventeenth birthday?
6. What does Kayla agree to do on her seventeenth birthday?
7. What happens to babies whose genetic code indicates a possible future health problem?
8. What makes Kayla decide not to get the tattoo?
9. What does Kayla learn about Zekeal when she is at his place and he is in the shower?
10. What does Amber say about her tattoo?
This section contains 885 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)