|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kayla find when she returns to the kitchen after throwing up?
(a) Her brother is choking their mother.
(b) Her mother is on fire.
(c) Her mother has slit her wrists.
(d) Her mother is being handcuffed.
2. Where is Kayla Reed at the beginning of the novel?
(a) At school.
(b) In her bedroom.
(c) At tennis practice.
(d) Talking with her best friend on the phone.
3. Where are Kayla and Amber when Kayla has a vision?
(a) Signing classmates' yearbooks.
(b) Standing in a line at the Global-1 office.
(c) Arguing with Amber's father.
(d) Shopping at the mall.
4. What does Kayla suggest are related?
(a) Cloning and the religious right.
(b) Tattooing and the Bull market.
(c) Cloning and tattooing.
(d) Tattooing and the radical left.
5. Against what does Senator David Young speak?
(a) Requiring children who attend public school to be bar coded.
(b) The whole bar code system.
(c) Requiring children under the age of eighteen to be bar coded.
(d) The public assistance proposal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kayla realize will happen if she gets a tattoo?
2. What school does Kayla want to attend?
3. Why does David Young resign from his political position?
4. What does Kayla refrain from doing when Mfumbe asks her something?
5. Whose killing is reported by the newspaper?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is happening when Kayla arrives home from the mall?
2. What does Gene tell Kayla about his work?
3. When Kayla arrives at his apartment, how does Zekeal explain what he is reading?
4. What makes Kayla decide not to get the tattoo?
5. What does Kayla ask the guidance counselor concerning his tattoo? What is his reply?
6. Which club is Kayla trying to find? Who takes her there?
7. What does Kayla watch happen next door on the evening of her seventeenth birthday?
8. What does the doctor at the hospital say he must do to Kayla?
9. What does Kayla do after leaving the guidance counselor's office? Who shows concern for her?
10. What petition does Mfumbe ask Kayla and Amber to sign?
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)