|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the newspaper's story, why was the person killed?
(a) Her husband was angry and killed her.
(b) He was in the line of fire for another target.
(c) His wife thought he was cheating.
(d) He created a ruckus about tattoos.
2. What does Kayla ask her counselor about his wrist?
(a) If he had broken his wrist.
(b) If the tattoo on it is disconcerting.
(c) If he was forced to tattoo his wrist.
(d) If his wrist hurts.
3. For whose death does Zekeal offer condolences to Kayla?
(a) Her cat.
(b) Her grandfather.
(d) Her grandmother.
4. What is one argument against the tattoo?
(a) It is potentially dangerous.
(b) It leads to the State having too much power.
(c) It is unsightly.
(d) It is an infringement on privacy.
5. What does Kayla do in the vision she has at Zekeal's place?
(a) Persuade people to remove their tattoos.
(b) Blow up a bar code records repository.
(c) Persuade the pilot to leave the area.
(d) Blow up the President's home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ashley tell Kayla to do?
2. Who is Gene Drake?
3. What does Amber have that Kayla does not?
4. Who is living at the Route Nine Motor Inn?
5. What does Kayla suggest are related?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kayla agree to do on her seventeenth birthday?
2. What does Allyson say about insurance companies and genetic coding?
3. Why is Gene Drake shot and killed?
4. What does Kayla learn about Zekeal when she is at his place and he is in the shower?
5. What vision does Kayla have when she is cleaning the blood stains from the bathtub?
6. What does Kayla ask the guidance counselor concerning his tattoo? What is his reply?
7. Where do Amber's parents decide to move? Why does Amber have to go with them?
8. What happens when Kayla tries to access her father's files after her mother leaves? Who helps her?
9. What does Kayla watch happen next door on the evening of her seventeenth birthday?
10. What is Kayla reluctant to reveal about her tardiness to a meeting?
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)