|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who or what is at Kayla's house when she gets home?
(c) A fire truck.
(d) A crowd of people.
2. What does Kayla refrain from doing when Mfumbe asks her something?
(a) Fleeing from him.
(b) Talking sarcastically to him.
(c) Confiding in him.
(d) Lying to him.
3. What does Zekeal tell Kayla about Nedra when Kayla meets him outside of the warehouse?
(a) He and Nedra have broken up.
(b) Nedra is using an alias.
(c) Nedra has given the CIA all their names.
(d) Nedra is a government agent.
4. In Chapter 5, what is special about a particular morning when Kayla wakes up?
(a) It is the day her father is supposed to get a promotion.
(b) It is the end of the school year.
(c) It is when Kayla is supposed to hear from the art institute.
(d) It is Kayla's seventeenth birthday.
5. To what does the newspaper article attribute Joseph Reed's death?
(a) Depression about being passed over for promotion.
(b) Breathing poor air in the mines.
(c) Being drunk and falling in the water.
(d) Not having gone to a doctor in a number of years.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what illness did Kayla's paternal grandmother suffer?
2. Based on his genetic profile, what was one medical predisposition Kayla's father had?
3. Why is Kayla unlikely to qualify for a scholarship?
4. What does Kayla not want to reveal about being late to the meeting?
5. What happens if the hospital determines a child may have a future problem?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to the Tribune E-Journal, what happened to Kayla's father?
2. Where does Zekeal take Kayla after they have been to the Lobo2MeClub?
3. What is Kayla reluctant to reveal about her tardiness to a meeting?
4. What does Amber say about her tattoo?
5. What does the doctor at the hospital say he must do to Kayla?
6. According to Ashley, what is the hospital doing?
7. What happens when Kayla tries to access her father's files after her mother leaves? Who helps her?
8. What is happening when Kayla arrives home from the mall?
9. What happens to babies whose genetic code indicates a possible future health problem?
10. What does Gene tell Kayla about his work?
This section contains 920 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)