|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kayla realize will happen if she gets a tattoo?
(a) She will not have to run anymore.
(b) She will at least be able to function in society.
(c) Zekeal will love her.
(d) Her future is over.
2. Why does Kayla decide not to have the tattoo?
(a) Her boyfriend convinced her to wait.
(b) Because of her vision.
(c) She is angry with Amber.
(d) She's afraid of infection.
3. What happens just when Kayla is about to accept being tattooed?
(a) There is a loud crashing noise.
(b) Zekeal arrives.
(c) She has a vision.
(d) The patient in the bed next to her dies.
4. Where is Kayla Reed at the beginning of the novel?
(a) In her bedroom.
(b) At tennis practice.
(c) Talking with her best friend on the phone.
(d) At school.
5. What happens if the hospital determines a child may have a future problem?
(a) They work to change the genes of the child.
(b) They give the parents the option of letting their child die.
(c) They send the child for rehabilitation.
(d) They actively or passively kill the child..
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the newspaper's story, why was the person killed?
2. According to Ashley, what is happening to the healthy babies at the hospital?
3. What is one argument against the tattoo?
4. How is the killing justified?
5. What is Kayla's mother looking at on the computer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the proposal Senator David Young opposes? What do those who support the proposal say about Young's opposition?
2. What does Kayla ask the guidance counselor concerning his tattoo? What is his reply?
3. What happens when Kayla tries to access her father's files after her mother leaves? Who helps her?
4. According to Ashley, what is the hospital doing?
5. What makes Kayla decide not to get the tattoo?
6. Where do Amber's parents decide to move? Why does Amber have to go with them?
7. What does Kayla learn Amber has done on the morning of Kayla's seventeenth birthday?
8. What does Allyson say about insurance companies and genetic coding?
9. What are Amber's parents fighting about when Kayla arrives at their house?
10. What does the doctor at the hospital say he must do to Kayla?
This section contains 969 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)