|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Allyson say about genetic coding and health care providers?
(a) The providers could use coding to determine fee schedules.
(b) The providers could use genetic coding as a basis for denying insurance.
(c) The providers could plan ahead financially if they knew the types of illnesses the people they insure might have.
(d) She does not mention genetic coding in her talk.
2. What does Kayla suggest for her and Amber to do?
(a) Drive to Denver.
(b) Find out if the thrift shop will hire Amber.
(c) Find a place to live together.
(d) Drive to Las Vegas.
3. What else happens when someone gets the tattoo?
(a) A full-body scan.
(b) An iris imprinting.
(c) A blood test.
(d) A microchip is implanted.
4. Against what does Senator David Young speak?
(a) Requiring children under the age of eighteen to be bar coded.
(b) The whole bar code system.
(c) The public assistance proposal.
(d) Requiring children who attend public school to be bar coded.
5. When are students supposed to receive their tattoo?
(a) At their high school graduation.
(b) On their 21st birthday.
(c) On their 10th birthday.
(d) On their 17th birthday.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are Amber's parents feeling stressed about a planned move?
2. Where do Amber and Kayla agree to meet?
3. Why is a particular character in the story residing at the Route Nine Motor Inn?
4. What does Kayla refrain from doing when Mfumbe asks her something?
5. What does Zekeal tell Kayla about Nedra when Kayla meets him outside of the warehouse?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to the Tribune E-Journal, what happened to Kayla's father?
2. What petition does Mfumbe ask Kayla and Amber to sign?
3. According to Ashley, what is the hospital doing?
4. Where does Zekeal take Kayla after they have been to the Lobo2MeClub?
5. What does Kayla learn Amber has done on the morning of Kayla's seventeenth birthday?
6. What is the proposal Senator David Young opposes? What do those who support the proposal say about Young's opposition?
7. What are Amber's parents fighting about when Kayla arrives at their house?
8. Why is Gene Drake shot and killed?
9. What does Kayla agree to do on her seventeenth birthday?
10. What does Kayla ask the guidance counselor concerning his tattoo? What is his reply?
This section contains 889 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)